• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Those new Hitagi comments are interesting, he seems to be confident that the Katalina talks went well and from this:

Makes it sound like he knows some of them? Which might mean they're closer than we think.
Welcome to hell boys lol

This is like people selecting an OBVIOUSLY bait blog and going "OMG THIS IS ALL OF TUMBLR FREAKING SJW IDIOTS"

No, we CLEARLY don't

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Etrian Odyssey is the only 3rd Party series whose library has been 100% exclusive to Nintendo since Day 1 but I don't see any of you campaigning for it to get representation in Smash, do I?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Of course not, only extreme people think that way.

We may as well generalize the whole Smash community; idk why they're acting like Geno fans are oppressed, the amount of hate isn't that bad tbh. Then we have groups entirely unrelated to gaming that they should worry about.

edit: and, of course that's a choice so "oppressed" doesn't work here, idk I don't study politics.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Etrian Odyssey is the only 3rd Party series whose library has been 100% exclusive to Nintendo since Day 1 but I don't see any of you campaigning for it to get representation in Smash, do I?
I'd campaign because I love ya except I know literally nothing about it
But I like that Protector girl cause you do so put her in. I THINK that's the one you like at least

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Now i believe Sakurai choose these Newcomers for Smash Bros Ultimate from the start. Do you think that making fighters and their movesets is easy and faster? Think again about this.

There are 10 newcomers in total plus DLC (Piranha Plant) :

Daisy
Ridley
Simon / Richter Belmont
Chrom
Dark Samus
King K. Rool
Isabelle
Ken
Incineroar

Now imagine how much time took to make the Adventure Mode called World of Light?

Bionichute

Smash Champion
yokai watch

also god i hope granblue lady is ****ing dead, this will be the worst batch of dlc in anything ever if that happens

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I have though of a little game. Lets have a match between the OG 12 and Ultimate 12 without paid DLC. Who should face who?

I think it should be:
:ultmario: vs :ultsimon:
:ultluigi:vs :ultrichter:
:ultdk:vs:ultkrool:
:ultlink:vs:ultchrom:
:ultyoshi:vs:ultpiranha:
:ultsamus:vs :ultridley:
:ultfox:vs:ultisabelle:
:ultkirby:vs:ultdaisy:
:ultpikachu:vs:ultincineroar:
:ultjigglypuff:vs:ultinkling:
:ultfalcon:vs:ultken:
:ultness:vs:ultdarksamus:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I fail to see how Sora is unexpected as people are talking so much about him.
Oh! OH! OH! My favorite Game! Story Revisionism!

Sora was ALWAYS unexpected, even if he happens, EVEN his own fans know that.
He was the laughing stock for Smash 4 ballot because "Disney" and dare say his name during Ultimate's speculation and you'll get "HUM BUT GENO." or "BUT DISNEY" and the game of "Let's play who can throw more missinformation in 5 minutes"
The fact that there is just a TINY hope that he might makes in, and people suddenly realize that hey...Maybe he's not as crazy as we though, Is more than enough for a lot of his supporter.

D

Deleted member

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Now imagine how much time took to make the Adventure Mode called World of Light?
It's not as impressive because there aren't going to be cutscenes every five seconds. Sure there will be cutscenes, but probably not to the extent of SSE.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hitagi's comments are interesting

He believes the Katalina talks went well though the way he phrases it seems to me they'd still be in progress. "As far as Katalina, I haven't really been on top of keeping up with it but as far as I remember things were looking good so we'll see "

"And besides, DLC is just gonna make a **** ton of money for Nintendo because the characters are pretty cool themselves I guess" Oh boy, we're gonna go insane about this note huh.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Welcome to hell boys lol
I mean I still don't know how to feel about Katalina until she actually happens, but Steve at least seems like he'd be cool.

As for the rest we have no idea, but in terms of Square I think Geno and Sora would both be good, with Dragon Quest being eh but I'd live.

Actually that raises an interesting question: would you want to know the DLC characters ahead of time or have them announced one by one?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Those new Hitagi comments are interesting, he seems to be confident that the Katalina talks went well and from this:

Makes it sound like he knows some of them? Which might mean they're closer than we think.

He believes the Katalina talks went well though the way he phrases it seems to me they'd still be in progress. "As far as Katalina, I haven't really been on top of keeping up with it but as far as I remember things were looking good so we'll see "

"And besides, DLC is just gonna make a **** ton of money for Nintendo because the characters are pretty cool themselves I guess" Oh boy, we're gonna go insane about this note huh.
Yup...It makes me think that, probably, some people out there know the Square-Enix rep, or at least, the rumored ones and that if they open their mouth, they'll get Killed tomorrow and send in the Ocean by "accident" thanks to Square-Enix's Yakuza's.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
If Katalina gets in but the rest of the reps are like Sora/Geno, Banjo/Steve, Bandanna Dee/Elma, and Rayman/Dragonborn, I don't think people will complain. It all depends on who the other 4 characters are

Well the people that hate 3rd party will hate it, but can't please everyone

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

The DLC characters being "pretty cool" is subjective but it makes me think.

I don't think they're gonna be promotional like you guys all seem to fear.
That'd be fair, because "cool" is the last thing I'd use to describe Steve.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I don't think I've ranked the Ultimate newcomers yet.

Newcomers
:ultridley: - Dragon bias, plus my love of mobile heavyweights. While not an active supporter of him during Smash 4 I tended to side with his supporters when they argued that he could be resized so seeing him get in was a bit cathartic.

:ultincineroar: - While there are other pokemon I personally would have gone for first, I kept an open mind to Incineroar and was more then ready to welcome his inclusions. After seeing his trailer and gameplay, however, I'm now convinced that he absolutely was the best possible Gen 7 pick. The way he poses after landing powerful attacks just shows how much fun the developers must of had designing him.

:ultinkling: - Inkling's refill mechanic looks to add another layer of strategy to her moveset as you have to consider resource management, like Robin. Unlike Robin however, she only has one ink gauge to keep track of and actually seems to have good mobility. I'm not a Splatoon player but this character just looks like a ton of fun.

:ultkrool: - Another heavy weight for me to have fun with. I love that side special he has, and the armor he seems to have on various attacks should help fill the void that Rock Smash left in my heart.

:ultsimon::ultrichter: - They really went crazy with the Belmont's moveset. Had they joined in 64 or Melee like :ultsamus: they'd probably have mostly short ranged attacks with a lot of punches and kicks but instead their normals have ridiculous range. I'm excited for them because of their unique playstyle, but between their incredible range and varied projectiles I'm really not excited to face them on For Glory.

:ultpiranha: - This character is hilarious and I will defend his inclusion to the ground, but now that the hypes settle a bit, I won't lie that he's not exactly super exciting. I still expect to have a good time with him in casual matches and friendlies though, especially with that move where he extends his neck across the stage. I also really appreciate the memes that have been born.

:ultisabelle: - The only unique newcomer I'm not activity hyped for. I don't really enjoy Villager's slingshot heavy playstyle which is unfortunate since Isabelle seems to be pretty similar. Her down special at least looks really fun. Still a solid inclusion who makes sense, imo, just not one who appeals to me particularly.

Echoes
:ultken: - Never really learned to play Ryu but I'm considering giving him a try so I can play Ken more naturally when Ultimate releases. I keep messing up the inputs for True Shoryuken though. I don't know how Street Fighter players do it.
:ultdarksamus: - A lot of effort was clearly put into this echo fighter compared to some others as most of her animations seem to be modified to match her nature. I'll still probably use regular Samus more but won't have a strong preference between the two.
:ultchrom: - Chrom is cool and all, but he just looks like a less fun Roy to me. I actually kind of like Roy's awful reverse-tipper mechanic.
:ultdaisy: - I never played Peach much and probably won't play Daisy too much either. I don't mind her, her moveset just doesn't stand out to me as special.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
*Corrin uses Dragon Vein to break a wall*
*Finds Simon eating a pork chop in a edgy outfit*
Simon: Uhhh, I can explain.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
They would bring awareness of a NINTENDO library.
Not a library exclusive to other consoles.

For Nintendo the benefit they get from Sora is the money they get from people buying the DLC and honestly not much else.

See above.
KH is not exclusive to any particular console stop bringing that up as a point. It's not even true, and even if it was it would actually work against you since over half the series originally came out on Nintendo platforms exclusively.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yup...It makes me think that, probably, some people out there know the Square-Enix rep, or at least, the rumored ones and that if they open their mouth, they'll get Killed tomorrow and send in the Ocean by "accident" thanks to Square-Enix's Yakuza's.
I'm not sure it necessarily indicates the Squenix rep and I don't think anyone knows it

That's why I think LeakyPandy saying "dragon quest rep at the tga" a few months ago is bull****. They'd be ****ing dead if that were true. Even Verge doesn't know and won't release that info. Even Spawn Wave. All the big dogs.

We're so in the dark on the Squenix rep it hurts lol.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I literally forgot Ridley was in the game. Again.

1518946643012.jpg

I feel like he got overshadowed since August and now there's rarely a group still actively going to main him.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
nah they're on the same tier
Nah, you're wrong, because one of these games sold over 140 million and has cemented its place firmly in gaming history

KH is not exclusive to any particular console stop bringing that up as a point. It's not even true, and even if it was it would actually work against you since over half the series originally came out on Nintendo platforms exclusively.
Absolutely does not change the fact that the biggest KH game so far is releasing in January on anything BUT Nintendo consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom