• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'm just gathering general thoughts on what people are speculating with the data.

I have absolutely no clue what part of the data indicates what vaan.

Sorry if I worded my statement incorrectly. :L
That's the only reason people believe that yea
apparently what was seen was that the MH music was under "fighter franchise" or something. I haven't actually seen the list/data myself so I couldn't say
Okay, gimme a second to dispel with this fiction, lol.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
...I think I'm going to disappear for this thread for real for the next two weeks. See ya folks later.

Man its such a shame street date had to be broken so early. I'll tread carefully, but there's still a chance a spoiler will show up in a Youtube thumbnail.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Monster Hunter has DLC after being cut from base game?

Man, that’s the second time that’s happened! Lol

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I find it funny that many of my favorite new remixes were already remixed in previous Smash games. Seriously, most of these blow the originals completely out of the water.

Just listen to Fourside and tell me it's not better.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So here's Metal Man's theme for anyone interested. I'm liking it. I was worried it'd be too techno. But it puts the Rock in Rockman.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, we got a new version of Crocodile Cacophony, along with the original. Do we know if that's also the case with Gankplank Galleon? The original is one of my favorite DK tracks period.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh boy, this is really exciting, but...
once we get the full tracks out and I've listened to all of them multiple times, the 2 week wait is gonna hurt even more.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Apparently Monster Hunter is not actually in the fighters song stuff.

To quote Vaan in a PM.

Going further off this. In order to keep all music from a series together, they're named with a unique letter and then the track title.

Mario is A, DK is B, Zelda is C, etc.

Third parties, however, are cheeky.

AD is Castlevania, Akumajou Dracula
BY is Bayonetta
MG is Metal Gear

This is why the Ratholos song is labeled MH, and why it appears where it does in the alphabetically sorted list. If Monster Hunter was ever playable, he'd be listed after Simon and thus we wouldn't know it.

The missing slot, if it is a character and not just another example of a random skip in number, is 100% a first party character based on the convention of placing third parties at the end of the list.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
On one hand, there's a lot of great remixes for franchises I love. But on the other, some games I love got completely and utterly shafted.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So how much closer are we until the the Salty Spirit info dump?

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
So, we got a new version of Crocodile Cacophony, along with the original. Do we know if that's also the case with Gankplank Galleon? The original is one of my favorite DK tracks period.
There is a new Crocodile Cacophony. The original is not in the game.

As for Gangplank Galleon, we have the new version and the Brawl remix. Snakey Chantey is also here with a brand new remix.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
There is no evidence of Monster Hunter having a cut character in the list of music tracks, so let's dispel with this rumor right here.

There is a blank spot in the fighter theme list.

z90 shizue
z91 gaogaen
z93 inkling
z94 ridley
z95 krool
z96 simon

Right away we can rule Monster Hunter out as z92, because third parties are listed last. They have been since Brawl, and are still listed this way now. Snake and Sonic are last in the Brawl section, Pac Man and Mega Man are last in the Smash 4 section, and now Simon is last in the Ultimate section. Echoes do not have unique themes, hence the lack of Richter and Ken. Monster Hunter could conceivably be z97, but we'd have no way of knowing that. But he is not z92.

Now for the stage music.

Monster Hunter's two tracks are listed in between Metal Gear and Animal Crossing. This is the hoopla that's being spread around of it being in the "fighter section."

But there's a reason it's located there, and that's because the list is in alphabetical order.

All franchises are named with the same naming scheme. All songs from the same franchise are labeled first with a unique letter so that they're all grouped together. Mario is the first franchise, and is labeled with "a," like so:

a07_wld_title_ending.lopus

Donkey Kong is "b", Zelda is "c" and so on and so on. Animal Crossing is "n."

Third party franchises, meanwhile, are labeled differently. They're labeled based on their title. Castlevania, or Akumajou Dracula, is "AD." Bayonetta is "BY." Metal Gear is "MG."

And thus, Monster Hunter is "MH."

So in the ordered list, it goes MG, MH, N, or Metal Gear, Monster Hunter, Animal Crossing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
THE REMIX OF ID PURPOSE IS THE FULL VERSION.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom