• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

J03

Smash Master
im pretty sure i played swizzy tbh i mean how many ganons are there lol and yes i won. mike does me trouble in friendlies, you cant really **** up vs ganon, but come tourney its over before it starts

EDIT: i do think mike is mega sick, i wouldnt be shocked if i lost a set to him like.

VA

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure you didn't play him, he lost to fuzzy prof, prof and last dragon at SHS1. I wasn't even there. xD

J03

Smash Master
not at shs1, one of the ggt's and im 100% sure i played him. other then that ive played him in friendlies.

your opinion is also well informed.. by yourself

VA

Smash Hero
yeah but he sucked back then, he got really good around the time of SHS1. I was only bringing it up as you decided to say he's never beaten you in a tournament set. since then I've seen him beat you consistently in friendlies, but tournament is a different matter as we all know.

my opinion is informed by my knowledge, which is quite good. he's been away for ages and you've improved so you'll probably beat him when he gets back. but what you don't know aobut swizzy is that he doesn't even have to play the game to get better, lol.

Also whether or not you're better now, tomorrow or the next day, he'll surpass you.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
yeah but he sucked back then, he got really good around the time of SHS1. I was only bringing it up as you decided to say he's never beaten you in a tournament set. since then I've seen him beat you consistently in friendlies, but tournament is a different matter as we all know.

my opinion is informed by my knowledge, which is quite good. he's been away for ages and you've improved so you'll probably beat him when he gets back. but what you don't know aobut swizzy is that he doesn't even have to play the game to get better, lol.

Also whether or not you're better now, tomorrow or the next day, he'll surpass you.
talk is talk i wanna see the money match =D

J03

Smash Master
its all talk that i dont really care about. i believe im better then mike but i dont care if im not, hes a decent player who i have alot of respect for as a player and a person.

skill wise we placed the same at shs1 but i never remember him beating me consistently in friendlies.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I wish I could bomb > dair Jo3 and VA in real life with real swords and real bombs.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Life is all about being unnecessary.

I learnt that one from Prof

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool I think HMW is gonna upload the matches as I am subscribed to him and apparently he has three tournaments to upload and Rom 2 was the last so he has to upload the other tournaments first.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
my bestest original purple gamecube controller finally broke after almost 9 years of play. now playing with my backup pad feels like having to learn everybit of tech skill all over again :|

anyone know how to fix the joystick?? cos i really cba to get used to a new controller.....

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
loool I think HMW is gonna upload the matches as I am subscribed to him and apparently he has three tournaments to upload and Rom 2 was the last so he has to upload the other tournaments first.
yeah I think anyone who wants to see melee matches should sub to him because he is so good for recording and uploading matches

j3ly

Smash Champion
man breaking my balls, im not free til wednesday :/
no college after that though!!

J03

Smash Master
jjlinyard: to fix the A-stick just nick the one from your other controller. i think charles has a nintendo screwdriverso ask him.

Charles: good luck in holland dude. keep us updated if you can dude ^_^ i really think you can **** peeps hard!

EDIT: due to a lack of smash up north i wanna be making trips down south pretty regularly. the train to london is simple times so lemme know in advance about such things.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
That would be good to play you regularly down here then Jo3.

There's quite alot of houses you can potentially go in London.

Fuzzys, Alpha Dash, TC, J3ly, Unreal....so yeah lol.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
looking forward to this monthly!!!

Mr Pro- wanna play you some more lol. when I played you at Duncans those matches were **** lol. gonna play you and not get dominated by your sheild pressure cos I shouldnt be losing to you that badly XD

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It was actually **** when I was playing you lol.
I'm pretty sure the same result will happen the next time we play, if not it's gonna be even worse this time cos last time I was playing to my best :).

And you should never even attempt to shield grab me lol. I will RARELY miss an L-cancel to shine.

But yeah we can play again if you want lol. :)

VA

Smash Hero
It was actually **** when I was playing you lol.
I'm pretty sure the same result will happen the next time we play, if not it's gonna be even worse this time cos last time I was playing to my best :).

And you should never even attempt to shield grab me lol. I will RARELY miss an L-cancel to shine.

But yeah we can play again if you want lol. :)
You can't ever hope to pin someone in shield completely unless you have perfect tech skill. what you can do is give them a few frames only to grab but it's easy to roll out of by holding C. Mango just spaces shine nairs with falco so that when they try to grab you get a massive opening.

Top Bottom