• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

SirKyoshi

Smash Journeyman
Who are these new people? they havnt seen the beast man kyoshi! RAWR i should come in with my late entry's and do a shish kebab in a roll!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
too many events in october, i'm wondering if i should save my tournament until january now... or has anyone claimed november?
do november, i need to have some more tournament practise before i go to apex!
just make ure to book the date sooner rather than later, i booked mine 4 months in advance and still got a tiny turnout

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Yeah I had a feeling you'd know Shoyo, I was the guy playing falcon most of the time but also marth/fox every now and then

the person sorting out the tournament was me lol

Me and shoyo played for a few days after genesis 2

november for the next monthly?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i dont know. ill have to ask my taxi if he can do either days ^^

also fuzzy/prof pro, m2k is looking to help pay for travel expenses to get a high quality player from abroad to go to apex. either of you interested?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
i dont know. ill have to ask my taxi if he can do either days ^^

also fuzzy/prof pro, m2k is looking to help pay for travel expenses to get a high quality player from abroad to go to apex. either of you interested?
im guessing its his buddy pass thing again lol, so he can get some money from it but also get us cheaper flights >_>

I really wanna go apex but I cant afford another US flight :/

Heartstring

Smash Legend
its not that expensive. from what ive seen today a flight to newark is 370. and a flight to new york (pretty close by) is even cheaper! stick that on top of a discount and it makes it a great deal.
was jsut throwing it out there anyway, maybe pro can go seeing as he's uk's no.1 after all :troll:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
wow crystal who the hell did you book with?
british airways all the way people, so cheap. its half the price of what you ust said XD

rustediron

Smash Lord
It gets a lot more expensive depending on the time of year.

If you have a scout around skyscanner there are a fair few round trip options to New York that are under £300 (depending on dates)

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
i booked with delta. it was the best american airline i could find - part of my flight was with KLM.

idk if it has anything to do with me flying from norfolk, virginia -> detroit, michigan -> amsterdam -> glasgow, but it was actually really cheap compared to other airlines and departure days

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i booked with delta. it was the best american airline i could find - part of my flight was with KLM.

idk if it has anything to do with me flying from norfolk, virginia -> detroit, michigan -> amsterdam -> glasgow, but it was actually really cheap compared to other airlines and departure days
try british airways next time, they hella cheap

Heartstring

Smash Legend
you forget thats the mentality of almost everyone inside london, the length of time is jsut an excuse
i hosted my tournament, gave many months in advance, provided housing and everything, you offered to book the travel for people as lnog as they paid you. still only 3 melee players from london came, including you

SirKyoshi

Smash Journeyman
when i first went to the london monthly was the day everyone was on the same bus to the tourney :) was kinda epic

Top Bottom