• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
MK should never be banned
MK being banned in general will just deter people away from the community, not make more people play. If Apex was MK banned about half the people wouldnt come LOL

Stupid rule

MK is in Melee, he was just banned. Then this URC decided to copy our ruleset and ban MK.
we need a 'like post' option for moments like this

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
well regardless, who does the brawl side of the monthlies?
andy, who also feels it should be banned, so charles thoughts on the matter dont affect anything
but anyway, my brother was raging because he uses MK. now hes lernin pit XD
MK isn't banned in the UK unless specific hosts say so. To be honest though I wouldn't ban him anyway. The URC will just have to call the cops

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I would gladly rewatch it...the editing is great and perfect for it....no way there could be a smash video this long with poor editing in it....and the smash video needed to be that long to portray the epicness.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
MK isn't banned in the UK unless specific hosts say so. To be honest though I wouldn't ban him anyway. The URC will just have to call the cops
well lets look at the hosts:
fuzzy- thinks he should be banned
anaky- thinks he should be banned
me- thinks he should be banned
willz- doesn't think he should be banned
the london monthlies will therefore hve hm banned. as will blastzone. the leichester events will not, but come on his events are melee truly

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
LEICESTER

There is no 'h'. ****ing hell lol

I've already hosted an MK banned tourney and it sucked so MK will never be banned again woowoowoo

And my events may be perceived to be melee only now, because brawlers cant be arsed to trek up mine. 2 years ago my fests had nearly as many brawlers coming to mine (and also brads tourney) as the london monthly!

:phone:

Yeniths

East Midlands!
People always failing to spell Leicester makes me laugh. Of course GP wants MK gone, all I heard at Willz tourney xD

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Metaknight is banned in the UK. Just sayin. And besides im the host of Brawl at the monthly, i bring my laptop to do the bracket, and also upload the matches and everything else. But is a community decision.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
LEICESTER

There is no 'h'. ****ing hell lol

I've already hosted an MK banned tourney and it sucked so MK will never be banned again woowoowoo

And my events may be perceived to be melee only now, because brawlers cant be arsed to trek up mine. 2 years ago my fests had nearly as many brawlers coming to mine (and also brads tourney) as the london monthly!

:phone:
couldnt be arsed to spellcheck it lol
mk banned tourneys are positive, certainly stops pocket mk amirite?
and the reason people dont trek to yours because it costs a bomb, and it is melee biased anyway XD
i mean i lost so much money going to yours. a ticket should not be costing me forty quid XD

People always failing to spell Leicester makes me laugh. Of course GP wants MK gone, all I heard at Willz tourney xD
that obvious, do you SEE who i main?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i have a curse of being unable to use high tiers :B
seriously, i tried to use rob for months. and only begun to make progress once he left high tier XD

also why would i have a pocket m? he banned dontchaknow?

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
it wouldnt be a problem if people just play the charachter they like, and try to overcome problems, i loved it at the monthly when i played such varied charachters, i played a pikachu,fox,ic,lucas,pit,wario,toonlink,rob i got respect for people who play charachters "because they are cool" id like to see more jiggs and ganon :p im sure they have more problems then just metaknight the teabag. from now on im gonna be maining lucas, becuase hes slightly cooler than game and watch regardless of tier, (though i might pull out the gnw against gays)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
what really annoys me is that if this rule was in europe ages ago, during super lion I wouldve done better cause i lost against 2 METAKNIGHTS lol

this is prob gonna be early december btw

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
couldnt be arsed to spellcheck it lol
mk banned tourneys are positive, certainly stops pocket mk amirite?
and the reason people dont trek to yours because it costs a bomb, and it is melee biased anyway XD
i mean i lost so much money going to yours. a ticket should not be costing me forty quid XD

that obvious, do you SEE who i main?
whats wrong with a 'pocket metaknight'? If they play metaknight well enough (like Willz) then they deserve to win regardless of who their main is. You should be ready for any character your opponent can throw at you anyway and not just who their main is supposed to be. Brawlers so full of johns

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
whats wrong with a 'pocket metaknight'? If they play metaknight well enough (like Willz) then they deserve to win regardless of who their main is. You should be ready for any character your opponent can throw at you anyway and not just who their main is supposed to be. Brawlers so full of johns

for once i agree

VA

Smash Hero
I do, but not as bad as you in melee
guuuuuuuuurl.

Anyway. The 3rd best smasher in Spain is in Brighton for the next 6 weeks. He came over yesterday and is actually pretty good. He beat me more than I beat him but I think I'm better, apparently he had controller johns. I used falcon and falco pretty much only, he mains peach and the rest of his characters (except his fox) are nowhere near as good. He's tricky and represents a potential threat to charles and prof. He was saying he does well against overtriforce and strawhat dahean.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
Metaknight is banned in the UK. Just sayin. And besides im the host of Brawl at the monthly, i bring my laptop to do the bracket, and also upload the matches and everything else. But is a community decision.
na hes not just sayin , iv been in the brawl scene a long time and aint going to let the rules of chars allowed to be taken away after this long (yea i wana go mk now) only way il get back into brawl but thats not the reason i dont want him banned , decision was made by a bunch of american average top players and weve seen many people beat top american mks in the past not consistantly but they do it after long hours of training for it

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
guuuuuuuuurl.

Anyway. The 3rd best smasher in Spain is in Brighton for the next 6 weeks. He came over yesterday and is actually pretty good. He beat me more than I beat him but I think I'm better, apparently he had controller johns. I used falcon and falco pretty much only, he mains peach and the rest of his characters (except his fox) are nowhere near as good. He's tricky and represents a potential threat to charles and prof. He was saying he does well against overtriforce and strawhat dahean.
Will he be attending any events?

Top Bottom