• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Retroking2000

Smash Master
the game has been out for ages Keith
now days any player can learn any character you put time into the meta game is that evolved now
you could just literally look at combo videos / tutorials / matches
but your really going to have to practice the tactics
+ jiggz -_- is lame
learn sheik lol
also i keep forgetting i live like 25 mins away from you lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the game has been out for ages keith
nowdays any player can learn any character you put time into the metagame is that evolved now
you could just literally look at combo videos / tutorials / natches
but your really going to have to practice the tactics
+ jiggz -_- is lame
learn sheik lol
also i keep forgetting i live like 25 mins away from you lol
yeah but thats 25 minutes of pure unadulterated hackney, no wonder you dont visit each other XD

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
if anyone wants to host a smashfest on January 22nd I can get cheap tickets on greyhound. Haven't played smash in ages :(
I would gladly try to setup up something in time for you.
Always happy to help out a decent player who wants to play smash so when the time is closer something VERY likely will get setup whether it's at Jolteon's or Dujuan's....IT WILL HAPPEN!!!

Yo Edwin, Robby + Sam are gonna be here on the 5th and 6th before we leave lol
If I can (with you permission of course) I will be attending this to help out you lot and get in some good practice and obviously be playing properly since I was meant to come time ago anyway lol.

VA

Smash Hero
if you make it, please camp me out jolteon stylee.

It is actually really hard to do it properly not in tournament situation.

You gotta try for me though bbz.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I would gladly try to setup up something in time for you.
Always happy to help out a decent player who wants to play smash so when the time is closer something VERY likely will get setup whether it's at Jolteon's or Dujuan's....IT WILL HAPPEN!!!

If I can (with you permission of course) I will be attending this to help out you lot and get in some good practice and obviously be playing properly since I was meant to come time ago anyway lol.
that'd be really good! I just haven't played in ages which is really annoying since I am still trying to improve. Next year should be a lot better for me in terms of attending stuff I think :bee:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
if you make it, please camp me out jolteon stylee.

It is actually really hard to do it properly not in tournament situation.

You gotta try for me though bbz.
Yeah i'll def try lol.

It's not hard when I actually start the set with the correct mentality of winning and trying but when I don't then it's a bit harder to get serious, but obv I will do it seriously next time baby :)

that'd be really good! I just haven't played in ages which is really annoying since I am still trying to improve. Next year should be a lot better for me in terms of attending stuff I think :bee:
lol That sounds good....look forward to seeing you more in the future and of course you maining fox.....The Uprise Of Bullet Bill??? :confused:

And yeah since you've changed mains it's pretty much paramount for you to play other people and improve, and obv if you set a date you can do a little smashfets thingy like you did last time....with recording equipment again :)

UPLOADING MATCHES OF ME ****** AND ATTEMPTING TO PLAY SERIOUS (I haven't watched them myself yet but remember they were **** lol) ON.....

www.youtube.com/user/OoCSmashBaby

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
i'm tempted to actually come this monthly just for melee

i am incredibly **** still and will get top1

VA

Smash Hero
it won't help you to practice it on my peach, why don't you just learn the match up with your character?

VA

Smash Hero
I suppose it is pretty ****.

But if you're going to lose to a jiggz, you probably will regardless of your character.

Your falcon pulls its weight about 10times higher than your fox.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
it won't help you to practice it on my peach, why don't you just learn the match up with your character?
This!!!

I suppose it is pretty ****.

But if you're going to lose to a jiggz, you probably will regardless of your character.

Your falcon pulls its weight about 10times higher than your fox.
This!!!

duno man, I feel a lot more comfortable with fox

I'll see how it goes
lol I rmember you said you're gonna go Fox if you play Hungrybox, that's gonna be ****...

its always good to have a strong secondary tho
why limit your whole skill as a player to one char you know
It's not about 'don't limit yourself' in this situation, it's about progressing with your best character.
IMHO Any Jiggz that Fuzz will lose to it's likely he will lose to with fox as well, practicing the Jiggz vs Fox matchup by playing Peach vs Fox isn't that helpful either.

THERE WAS SOME GAY ERROR ATTEMPTING TO UPLOAD THE VIDEOS YESTERDAY SO IM DOING IT AGAIN NOW :(
10 DIFFERENT SETS TO UPLOAD FULL OF **** ON...

www.youtube.com/user/OoCSmashBaby

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Oh yeah I need some more advice on recording.....

The other day I was using VirtualDub to record matches, and I got it all onto the program as in the picture of the match and the colour was on.

But as soon as I pressed record it just dissappeared :confused: and I had to keep on putting the right settings in again for the picture to show up but everytime it recorded he image just went, any idea why?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol He literally without fail has said that every single set at the beggining which he has commentated on....it's like his trademark now lol.

I've been uploading quite a few vids and still have a few more to do....subscribe and watch for the ****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEKk6Gye500&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

OOC definitely need to get a Mic when they record though, since a lot of funny stuff and funny noises are made and I would finally catch Dujuan raging lol :)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I just comeback from not being on smashboard for a day and a bit and really can't be bothered to progress too much in this debate lol.

If Fox was really Peach's worst matchup then Peach overall would be winning a lot more events then they do...but you have to face the fact that your arguement is based on what COULD be done and not what is currently happening in the scene....which is why my point still stands more then yours of it not being a counter....and there's no way you can detract from that statement because overall at this current moment...peaches are having more trouble with Jiggz/CF.

Though I do and have already agreed it would be her worst matchup if people were to play it perfectly which is obv very hard, atm it's not.

lol Yeah I did say 'time to camp' when we were just about to play DL64 but I think if you watch the match it was CLEARLY obvious I changed my mind just cos when the match started I couldn't be bothered to camp...otherwise you would have seen me on the top platform running away atleast once and I don't think I did the entire match

And I use the 'TTT' tag and say 'Time To Try' a lot lately lol....but it doesn't mean I do and ironically most of the time I say it I play serious half the match and then end up sandbagging....so if you're trying to claim that I was playing seriously then you're completely wrong....not saying I was sandbagging but I wasn't going out of my way AT ALL!!!

Either way im just saying I wasn't really trying to win lol....if you were fair enough but I know I wasn't....otherwise it would have been **** IMHO lol :)

And you said I wouldn't have comeback if you were trying on DL, but sorry, you wouldn't have even got the lead if I was lol.

This lol! As we always have.

PROFESSOR PRO RECORDED MATCHES OF HIM PLAYING MORE SERIOUSLY!!!!

I recorded them against OOC and tried to play more serious this time lol, of course it was kinda destruction on some of the matches which is why im looking forward to uploading them, but my dad is being gay and is doing something with my computer so they might be up to 2moro....SOME OF THE MATCHES WERE ACTUALLY **** THOUGH, lol!!!!

SUBSCRIBE!!!! www.youtube.com/user/OoCSmashBaby
Yeah but why would you put human skill into a matchup :confused: unless it's humanly impossible to play at that level, which it's not lol. Like if you did that then Marth could definitely not be considered Peach's worst matchup.

irl I call stuff "counters" or "hard counters", that doesn't really matter though.

and yeah I do agree with GP but the point was semantics, not how much weight a matchup shoud hold.

What's with all these fests recently lol.. when's the next one?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Human skill is always put into a matchups when talking about how they fare on average which is why matchup charts change over time and don't EVER remain the exact same....

Technically Y.Link counters Peach when that matchup is played perfectly but you don't really hear much people talking about it cos there's cos obviously the effort it takes to get to that level.

So just because something is not impossible to do, doesn't mean it should automatically be accepted, and no-one is playing perfectly enough with Fox to claim it is a counter, in theory it is, but practically it's a lot harder....

And I do agree on the Marth thing which is why in my previous post I changed it just to Jiggz/CF which im guessing you didn't notice

No idea when the next smashfest is baby lol <3 I just randomly go around to Dujuan's house on certain days and yesterday went to Last Dragon's house with like 4 others......
You should try go Dujuan's since he has recording equipment now which im pretty sure you have seen from the footage anyway, try and go before the new year or something.

VA

Smash Hero
There are some match ups where I feel like you have to know a lot about it to make the match up chart work. If you don't know what you're doing the numbers or theory do not apply.

More than knowing there's actually doing what you know as well, which is really hard. I think Peach vs Fox is a lot about consistency. The moment you miss something she's all over you. But if you don't and you manage to hit and run without messing up, she finds it so hard getting to fox.

Always use mobility against peach, people forget that it is her basic weakness. This goes for teams too. She's slow at getting herself where she needs to be sometimes.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
*****es getting too in depth on here
new topic, luigi is top tier now because he can slide across the stage while taunting, discuss

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
......well the debate was about Fox vs Peach, not what you do Charles lol....

So am I invited btw when VA and them lot are coming down or not since VA wants to play me and obv will be good playing you depending on the da???

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Human skill is always put into a matchups when talking about how they fare on average which is why matchup charts change over time and don't EVER remain the exact same....

Technically Y.Link counters Peach when that matchup is played perfectly but you don't really hear much people talking about it cos there's cos obviously the effort it takes to get to that level.

So just because something is not impossible to do, doesn't mean it should automatically be accepted, and no-one is playing perfectly enough with Fox to claim it is a counter, in theory it is, but practically it's a lot harder....

And I do agree on the Marth thing which is why in my previous post I changed it just to Jiggz/CF which im guessing you didn't notice

No idea when the next smashfest is baby lol <3 I just randomly go around to Dujuan's house on certain days and yesterday went to Last Dragon's house with like 4 others......
You should try go Dujuan's since he has recording equipment now which im pretty sure you have seen from the footage anyway, try and go before the new year or something.
It's not human skill that changes the matchup over time, it's just increased knowledge about a certain matchup that does (just like Robby said, these numbers only work on a certain amount of knowledge). Point taken that it's usually because someone gets really good in one matchup that the overall community knowledge starts to increase, but the community already has knowledge about Fox vs Peach to deem it as a counter.

I think Peach is considered to have a slight advantage on Y.Link now, but I'm not really sure tbh.

I know it's hard, but it's also really hard for a Peach to catch a good camping Fox. Works both ways. Either way the point is that the reason Foxes aren't beating Peaches is because of skill differece, not because of the matchup.

And ok @ the Marth thing.

Personally I can't just randomly go around to Dujuan's lol, so I'd need to know when these things are on. I'd love to get some more matches recorded though.

@Charles: **** you for having a char that has a uair like this :(

rustediron

Smash Lord
Give us a heads up when Dujuan hosts as well, I want to get some more games in with people :D
Especially when I'm not so tired I'm actually falling asleep when I'm not playing LOL

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It's not human skill that changes the matchup over time, it's just increased knowledge about a certain matchup that does (just like Robby said, these numbers only work on a certain amount of knowledge). Point taken that it's usually because someone gets really good in one matchup that the overall community knowledge starts to increase, but the community already has knowledge about Fox vs Peach to deem it as a counter.

I think Peach is considered to have a slight advantage on Y.Link now, but I'm not really sure tbh.

I know it's hard, but it's also really hard for a Peach to catch a good camping Fox. Works both ways. Either way the point is that the reason Foxes aren't beating Peaches is because of skill differece, not because of the matchup.

And ok @ the Marth thing.

Personally I can't just randomly go around to Dujuan's lol, so I'd need to know when these things are on. I'd love to get some more matches recorded though.

@Charles: **** you for having a char that has a uair like this :(

To be fair the matchup chart is a mixture of human skill (which develops over time), knowledge (which develops over time) and theory (which develops over time)

And yes a good camping fox is hard for a peach but you're making it sound like 'Camp = Win' when that's far from the case, and yes has a lot of stages to choose from, but despite all the stages peach still has YS, FoD, FD which are her strong points and it doesn't matter how many CP's fox has cos really only 1/2 of those stages will get played in a set.

I still think you're original point is wrong though, theoritically Fox is her wost matchup but not in this current metagame....it's ridiculously hard to stay fully consistant and not getting some silly punishment like the silly CG's, D-Smashes and sorta easy edgeguarding.

CF/Jiggz atm are worst, undeniable :)

Im gonna ask Dujuan to host on Monday/Tuesday....so what's better for people???

Give us a heads up when Dujuan hosts as well, I want to get some more games in with people :D
Especially when I'm not so tired I'm actually falling asleep when I'm not playing LOL
Same goes for you, whats better, Tuesday or Monday?

Top Bottom