• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Arctic Brawler

Smash Rookie
basically what prof said and because ur from hackney doesnt make u a bad man like ur making out to be ur trash talking about brawl that tells me enough and threating willz over brawl? wtf is up with that i have only seen you start **** u posted here first so how can u say if he trash talks hel get himself into trouble hahah ur really looking for online beef or u wuda just not posted here
Lol this is why you need to be quiet, this rubbish is on aib as well iirc and he started his argument with zeno (over a brawl video) and I somehow got included into it and willz started talking **** to me, but wait that's me coming here and starting all this.

Get the full story and you would see this was blown out of proportion.
I only stated where I am from just to show I could even these messed up odds if he actually does want to be stupid. But I am such a badman I play brawl and have 13 GCSE's prime example of a badman in the making don't you think?

Now on-line fight with a kid that I never even threatened get serious. Yeah son I am looking for on-line beef cause I am the one who calls myself a troll then says he gets some sick twisted humour out of internet arguments and saying they can get 20 guys to jump a 14 year old and me you hearing yourself?

@Prof if you honestly, think I am pretending not to care why the hell am I the one who is saying put this behind us? Use some sort of common sense I mean you are probably around my age so you should have at least a tiny bit of it.

@ anyone who is going keep replying to stuff I have said.
Now if any of you guys had some sort of sense you would have known not to join this dumb matter and leave it alone it is all pointless.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
This is the most hype monthly ever loool.

But seriously Durex, you did not need to be involved in this at all. This started with 1 match being uploaded lol. Video gets taken down. He starts posting **** to me and everyone else. Regardless of age (We've all been 14, don't age john), me and others reacted in a manner that I believe was right. I never criticised Zenos skill level or anything, yet he felt the need to take personal insults at me? He's already apologised, and so have I.

This is done, posting will only further something that has already ended.

Leave it and stop arguing. Christ...

Arctic Brawler

Smash Rookie
This is the most hype monthly ever loool.

But seriously Durex, you did not need to be involved in this at all. This started with 1 match being uploaded lol. Video gets taken down. He starts posting **** to me and everyone else. Regardless of age (We've all been 14, don't age john), me and others reacted in a manner that I believe was right. I never criticised Zenos skill level or anything, yet he felt the need to take personal insults at me? He's already apologised, and so have I.

This is done, posting will only further something that has already ended.

Leave it and stop arguing. Christ...
Lol I am not even arguing with you these guys are making it out like I am the one who started this whole stuff.
But I am glad you are honest to say it was between you and zeno and I was not even meant to be involved but got included into this for no reason.

Now moving on

Now will you guys be willing to play brawl or any other game weekly and I can talk to fuzzyness about a venue and the set ups are not required?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
@Prof if you honestly, think I am pretending not to care why the hell am I the one who is saying put this behind us? Use some sort of common sense I mean you are probably around my age so you should have at least a tiny bit of it.
I meant you pretend you don't care as in you pretended you weren't getting upset over the posts and then later you threatened Willz which proves you are one of them truely emotional and sensitive guys.

But I apologize for overestimating your ability to have a basic understanding of implication....for future refence I will dumb everything down from now on so you understand ok :)

Actually you might not of understood that last bit, so let me make it easier for you

I.....WILL...TYPE....IN....A.....WAY......WHICH....IS.....EASIER.....FOR.....YOU......TO......READ......FROM....NOW.....ON.....:) :) :)

Arctic Brawler

Smash Rookie
I meant you pretend you don't care as in you pretended you weren't getting upset over the posts and then later you threatened Willz which proves you are one of them truely emotional and sensitive guys.

But I apologize for overestimating your ability to have a basic understanding of implication....for future refence I will dumb everything down from now on so you understand ok :)

Actually you might not of understood that last bit, so let me make it easier for you

I.....WILL...TYPE....IN....A.....WAY......WHICH....IS.....EASIER.....FOR.....YOU......TO......READ......FROM....NOW.....ON.....:) :) :)
It didn't look like that from your choice of words but, I don't need another argument. I just want there to be some sort of solid gaming community, since it is summer plus getting opponents I can play frequently sounds good to me.

Now I also apologize for the rubbish I have said. The first impression you guys got of me, really was not good. I am not asking to be friends or anything I just don't want to fit under the category I put myself in with my foolish actions.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It didn't look like that from your choice of words but, I don't need another argument. I just want there to be some sort of solid gaming community, since it is summer plus getting opponents I can play frequently sounds good to me.

Now I also apologize for the rubbish I have said. The first impression you guys got of me, really was not good. I am not asking to be friends or anything I just don't want to fit under the category I put myself in with my foolish actions.
Fair enough lol......I see you just generally want to get in this community and have a good time.
You will have a good time at the next tournament guaranteed anyway as long as you come with your A-game.
I don't play brawl AT ALLL though so I definitely won't be there lol. But good luck.

Arctic Brawler

Smash Rookie
Fair enough lol......I see you just generally want to get in this community and have a good time.
You will have a good time at the next tournament guaranteed anyway as long as you come with your A-game.
I don't play brawl AT ALLL though so I definitely won't be there lol. But good luck.
Thanks, I actually need it.
Last time I played kira I was actually very scared, since online tournaments it's you by yourself and no one is watching you, but I need to play offline cause hand picking opponents who have a good connection gets boring after a while and you lose interest.

You play melee huh?
I really should start playing it but I need to get myself a new gc controller and copy of the game.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well i'm currently number one in the UK at melee lol :bee:

So yeah I play melee and it takes ALOTTTT of hard work to get good at melee....it's harder to get good at then brawl and even the brawlers admit that as there's alot of hand speed needed and co-ordination to leanr the advanced techniques.

Arctic Brawler

Smash Rookie
Well i'm currently number one in the UK at melee lol :bee:

So yeah I play melee and it takes ALOTTTT of hard work to get good at melee....it's harder to get good at then brawl and even the brawlers admit that as there's alot of hand speed needed and co-ordination to leanr the advanced techniques.
I know about melee when I was in atlanta I used to play it with my cousins and went 2 tourneys and managed to play pretty well. But that was back in 2008 so it doesn't matter.
I always thought a sheik player would be the best player in the, uk when it comes to melee since there are a few faults with the pal version of fox iirc.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
meele doesnt take more skill at all every fighting game requires dedication and training in diffrent ways at the end of the day theres skil levels for all sorts of games n i dont wana hear any diffrent til a meele player does well in brawl or a brawl player does well in meele two diffrent games its like comparing meele to sf saying it takes more skil cant be compared just two diffrent games.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
I know about melee when I was in atlanta I used to play it with my cousins and went 2 tourneys and managed to play pretty well. But that was back in 2008 so it doesn't matter.
I always thought a sheik player would be the best player in the, uk when it comes to melee since there are a few faults with the pal version of fox iirc.
WTF YOUR FROM HACKNEY ?!?!?!

rah i didnt know

p.s did you say that uve seen me outside of smash or did you mean just i the venue?

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
i agree with calz, its like the arguments between street fighter and blazblue, its stupid

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i agree with calz, its like the arguments between street fighter and blazblue, its stupid
yeah i agree, i like both games, im just terribad at melee.
you KNOW youre bad when you cant short hop.
but i use fox in melee, jsut to give myself as much halp as possible, cause hell i need it XP

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
yeah i agree, i like both games, im just terribad at melee.
you KNOW youre bad when you cant short hop.
but i use fox in melee, jsut to give myself as much halp as possible, cause hell i need it XP
fox is bad to start off with unless your pretty commited.go marth, sheik, falco or falcon to start off with.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
meele doesnt take more skill at all every fighting game requires dedication and training in diffrent ways at the end of the day theres skil levels for all sorts of games n i dont wana hear any diffrent til a meele player does well in brawl or a brawl player does well in meele two diffrent games its like comparing meele to sf saying it takes more skil cant be compared just two diffrent games.
they are different, but they have the same concept in the end of it, and brawls concept is simplier without a doubt. the removal of ALL the technical side from melee in brawl simply makes the game easier to get good at, you have less button memory to worry about, less tech skill to worry about (and i mean alot) meaning, you can get alot better at the game without learning alot of concepts that take months and months in melee to be precise with.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
they are different, but they have the same concept in the end of it, and brawls concept is simplier without a doubt. the removal of ALL the technical side from melee in brawl simply makes the game easier to get good at, you have less button memory to worry about, less tech skill to worry about (and i mean alot) meaning, you can get alot better at the game without learning alot of concepts that take months and months in melee to be precise with.
i agree with you completely, its why im much better at brawl becuase i have zero tech skill. but on the flipside...
brawl requires a lot more mindgames and stuff to land a single hit, however mindgames in melee equates to dash dancing to get the grab

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
see but thats where you go wrong, because it requires a deep knowledge for the game to understand mindgames in melee, which is so far beyond dash dancing to get a grab you have no idea =)

if you go watch a good c.falcon, like silentspectre, like half of his combos involve him 'predicting' the direction his opponent will roll, or if they're not gonna roll, or get up attack, etc. This game actually involves more mindgames, maybe equal amounts, im not sure but im just basing it off of how many different ways you can mindgame in melee. Because the game is so fast, it causes ALOT of tech rolling, and loads of predictions. It's hard to get further into it because it takes alot of knowledge for the game, theres alot under the surface that you don't know about at all, I definitely was the same way when i was alot newer at melee.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
in melee you can still win without thinking just by relying on hand eye coordination, in brawl that cant happen.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
No you can't, at least not at a decent level of play.
sinces theres combo's ofcourse you can. in a high level you will prob be thinking about where you want them to be during a combo more often but you will still do combo's on a whim without considering which will be the best because you have so many options open.

e.g. cfalcon, after a dair on an on stage opponent you have many options, somtimes you will just free style to try and get your kill. ive seen it happen many times before.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I actually agree with Calz here. Get GOOD at both games before you compare the two.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I am probably coming to this now, although I'm not sure whether I'll be there to sign up in time. What's the schedule for this anyway?

Doubles then Singles or the other way round? I'll probably do doubles and a money match or 2 then leave. xD

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Yep, don't really want to but they offered me and Sam to come with them so that's what we're gonna do. Sam said he might come to the tourney for a bit rofl

Arctic Brawler

Smash Rookie
WTF YOUR FROM HACKNEY ?!?!?!

rah i didnt know

p.s did you say that uve seen me outside of smash or did you mean just i the venue?
Yeah I have iirc (I aint a stalker or anything)
I only remember it cause it was the night of a friends birthday and he was the one who pointed you out while we were in the car.

Top Bottom