• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Tamoo

Smash Master
Consolation is jiggs is probably the easiest character to L cancel with since she takes forever to land
Actually, i genuinely find her the hardest char to l cancel with for that exact reason lol, with many other characters that fall faster, there's more space between the character and the floor within which to time the lcancel than there is with the likes of jiggs. Thats the way i feel anyway lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Actually, i genuinely find her the hardest char to l cancel with for that exact reason lol, with many other characters that fall faster, there's more space between the character and the floor within which to time the lcancel than there is with the likes of jiggs. Thats the way i feel anyway lol.
agreed, but then again, actually having to time something correctly means im not going to do it right ever XP

J03

Smash Master
if you have problems l-cancelling then your using too much muscle memory over watching for when your about to land.

Big ol Z told me that years ago haha

personally ive never struggled to l-cancel with her but I've also never played jiggs for more then a few games

Heartstring

Smash Legend
if you have problems l-cancelling then your using too much muscle memory over watching for when your about to land.

Big ol Z told me that years ago haha

personally ive never struggled to l-cancel with her but I've also never played jiggs for more then a few games
muscle memory? oh that a laugh.
nah its just horrible timing on everythin i do XP

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
it helps to know the frame data, once i found that out i relised how easy it is to tech and l cancel

lcancling is 7 frames between input and landing

teching is 20 frames between input and landing, if you press L/R and dont hit a wall/the floor then you have to wait another 40 frames before you can press it again.

VA

Smash Hero
You can tech again after the miss if you get it frame perfect...Swizzy did a double tech the other day. He's so outrageeeous.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
or maybe you need to practice the L cancelling when you hit someone with an aerial cos its something like 3 frames slower you have to L cancel it. It also depends when you fast fall the aerial aswel. practice makes perfect :) but nobodies perfect

J03

Smash Master
sorry cloudrain but unless smash has physically changed or youre talking about brawl then its 20 frames between input and landing for a regular tech, wall tech and l-cancel, in fact part of me thinks its 30 frames for one of them, maybe a regular l-cancel or tech but i dunno lol

7 frames would be ridiculous

X1-12

Smash Champion
Teching in melee is 20 frames before you hit the floor/wall/ceiling, if you don't hit the wall in that time then there's another 20 frames after that (40 from first pressing) where you can't tech, If you re-press R/L in the second 20 frames, the 20 frames when you can't tech starts again.

everyone thinks its 20 frame window then another 40 frames of untechable

J03

Smash Master
what more important is how useless that info is, basically in a dangerous situation you can gamble on a tech meaning you probs cant tech the second hit OR gamble and dont tech allowing you to tech later.

either way its a gamble youll win some youll lose some but its all the same to me

COEY

Smash Lord
no he's right yaaaawwwnn!

tho youd be correct if you said that i know nothing about it either.

it is super boring tho.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the only legitimate john for being bad at melee is being dead
fine then, a semi legitimate john...
that and the fact i appear to only ever be good with heavies, and ones that handle like heavies too, falcon and samsu dotn count

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
cloud rain : you need to come to a Fuzz fest if you want to improve at melee
A fuzzyness fest for a new player =

• Being told you're shit at the game even though you have just started
  • All seriousness and no laughs or fun times or jokes. And if a joke is done it is of a poor calibar (Unike a Biskin or OOC smashfest)
  • Being given advice that usually doesn't make sense or which is too advanced for the new player, so it doesn't really help
  • Being constantly pressured to play all out ALL THE TIME and if you don't and you lose apparently you are getting worse
  • Getting told constantly that the combo which was probably just a stomp and a knee was something special and it should of been in a combo video
  • Getting told 'No-one plays like me, I see all these Americans CF's do all these things and they are just doing the wrong thing'
    [*]Watching a video of another CF on youtube and getting told 'He stole that from me, that's what I do'

THIS IS A FUZZYNESS SMASHFEST

Heartstring

Smash Legend
if thats true jolt...
doe sthis mean his fest is...nah you all know what i was gonna say
ill just brawl thanks, i can do that XP

Kasper!

Smash Lord
A fuzzyness fest for a new player =

• Being told you're shit at the game even though you have just started
  • All seriousness and no laughs or fun times or jokes. And if a joke is done it is of a poor calibar (Unike a Biskin or OOC smashfest)
  • Being given advice that usually doesn't make sense or which is too advanced for the new player, so it doesn't really help
  • Being constantly pressured to play all out ALL THE TIME and if you don't and you lose apparently you are getting worse
  • Getting told constantly that the combo which was probably just a stomp and a knee was something special and it should of been in a combo video
  • Getting told 'No-one plays like me, I see all these Americans CF's do all these things and they are just doing the wrong thing'
    [*]Watching a video of another CF on youtube and getting told 'He stole that from me, that's what I do'

THIS IS A FUZZYNESS SMASHFEST
LMFAO!!! why is this post making me think abit?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
nope auroreon's taken for obvious reasons lol

though i was thinking of changing to Vui -.-

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
i lol'd what would a proff fest be like :O
I would have Alpha Dash sitting at my front door with a cube and you will have to play him and be of some interest whether it's verbally or in terms of smash to be allowed inside of the smashfest.

People will be at the end of both sides of my road so Fuzzyness doesn't even get the privliege to run the trial on Alpha Dash.

When you walk in it will instantly be ****.....the physical kind along with the smash type.

I will have one TV which is HD so when you lose on the non-HD TVs this is where you will go as punishment.....while having constantly music blazing in the background which will vary from the referrals to pimps, hoes, being on a paper chase, and struggling out on the streets.

While instant insults go back and forth between me and Alpha Dash everyone will be sitting and relaxing (since you were ***** at the entrace you will have to relax) and just play smash and do that thing that Charles struggles to do without doing it in an annoying or delluded or an unnatural............HAVE FUN!!!!!

Top Bottom