• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
sounds like destruction.

maybe this is gonna be like the support we had at SNY? ;)

Jolteon

Yeah, the forum uses different software now. :B

Also hype! SAD2 happening very soon.

Jolteon

SAD II was cool.

What do people think about running both dsr+bans? We have six stages, sometimes I think the stage choice for CPing is limited because we run both rules at once.

VA

Smash Hero
SAD II was cool.

What do people think about running both dsr+bans? We have six stages, sometimes I think the stage choice for CPing is limited because we run both rules at once.
it doesn't work because assuming each player bans a different stage your counter picks by game 5 can be stages your opponent has won on or one other choice. it ESPECIALLY doesn't work when you have to play bo7, which btw i wasn't aware of in GFs. can we scrap that it's ****ing bs.

Jolteon

yeah it's bs that you have to pick a stage that's good for your opponent or "counterpick" an even stage because you can't play on like most of the stages in the stage list, I would be in favour of scrapping it.

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
Yeah we definitely need another tournament to look forward to again, now... especially since the last one was so good. I hear Alpha Dash is planning Smash Ain't Dead 3 though at least, as 50 people liked the idea on facebook so he's given it the go ahead now.

Also just wanted to take the time to mention that the twitter has been cleaned up a bit and that I'm trying to help update it myself now http://twitter.com/SmashBrosUK. Hopefully someone from Melee will be able to help update it also with updates from their part of the smash scene too.

Jolteon

Nice job on the twitter page Luke! For Melee players itching for a tournament soon, HF-Lan is next month and is located in Paris, so it's relatively easy to get to. I can personally vouch for the tournament series as being truly fantastic and you won't regret going there.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I for one, am looking forward to attending a tournament and being able to focus solely on my game. gonna make waves next time

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
Anyone in UK that wants to go to Conflict 5 in Netherlands send me a PM because I'll be going and could use some company and support haha.

Edit: Oh and thanks Jolte0n :)

Jolteon

Yeah. D: Damn it, though I think it's gonna be in June now from what Shloka has said.

Sinth: I told someone I may go to Conflict 5 since the travel looks to be cheap. I'm still a 'maybe', though, since the Melee/P:M attendance atm is pretty poor :/

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
I can understand your reason for being a maybe Jolt, since our melee community is kinda lazy when the tournament isn't 30 minutes away, so for us as the organisation it's also hard to estimate the amount of melee entrants that will show up. It could at any time go up by 15, or it could stay as it is :/. Same for P:M basicly, except that i expect a few more brawlers to register for that.

Jolteon

Aw. :[ I'll keep an eye on it, I'll book if it gets better, or if some of your top players come along. :p

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
At this point I'm not expecting the Melee registrations to go up by a lot. Adam and Zgetto are kind of random with last minute appearances (not signed up yet in any case), but other than that the most you'll get is me, Ace and a few other players. It's uncertain whether that's even worth doing a full event, but you can probably at least play friendlies all day and choose to visit some smashers?

Jolteon

I'll be there in spirit. :B

Marc: I'll hold off for a bigger event in that case. :/ Oh well.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, You're gonna be elsewhere :(

I'll find someone to run the melee side of things. Isn't it strange how I always end up getting dragged back into running things XD

Jolteon

See if Alpha Dash or Prof will run it!

Can't promise you there will be one though. You really should have gone to one of the HK events. :p
I'm guessing you don't have another one of these HK events planned anytime soon, then? >.>

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
The main issue is that we can't use our regular venue anymore. We'll probably start trying for alternatives soon, but nothing's planned so far.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
So we got a new venue (Heart of Gaming)

http://www.facebook.com/TheHeartOfGaming?fref=ts

Plan so far

16th May (Thursday) = Bi-Weekly Practice
(£5 if enough people come, something around 10-15 hopefully which is easy with brawl and melee)

June 1st - 2nd (Saturday - Sunday) = Monthly National
(£10 venue fee, the venue would open at 12am Saturday and run until 12am Sunday, allowing you to sleep at the venue and play smash all night if you want to which solves housing. Possibly cheaper by like £2/3 if you don't want to stay overnight)

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
Such a perfect venue. No excuses for anyone to miss this, especially with the epic overnight option and all the other arcade machine AND console attractions.

Tekk

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm in london from thursday to monday and I'd like to know if someone wants to smash

Hit me up on facebook if you're interested (I'm Victor Abd)

Top Bottom