• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
Fun tournament yesterday, if however a bit small this time around. Good to see some new (returning) players join in and also to get to break in the new venue with the rest of the UK. There was a lot of hype, anti-hype, joy and sadness this tournament.

Staying overnight in the venue was particularly interesting, especially because I live so close but hey it was an experience staying up late in an actual arcade and it was good to verify the quality the venue for possible international visitors later down the line.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Venue is good. organisation/preparation was terrible. Pretty much sums it up.

I was terrible, sorry for the rage people. My pad is even more sorry.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Yo guys, I'll be on vacation in London at the beginning of August (from like 3rd-4th to 6th I think, we haven't decided yet) and I wondered if you guys were planning on doing a smashfest or brawl tourney during that week, because my parents and I don't have the same... tastes, when it comes to tourism xD

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, even though we have UK players travelling all the way to Vegas, just to have there game not streamed, it doesn't even matter because of the experience they will have whilst being there. I'm still really envious that I can't go and won't be able to go for a while cus streamed or not, Evo will be an experience to remember.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
It was still grave news for us. It was easily the worst bit of news I have had for a while. It's true that we still get to experience Evo first hand regardless of what happened, but it wouldn't have been the same without Melee being streamed and featured on the main Evo stage.

Zade

Demon Blue
Well, Nintendo pretty much changed their minds and are giving permission for Melee to be streamed. Good news

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Still don't know if I can make it to L.A.C. 7, wish there were more events closer to Newcastle that I could attend.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah, It's a shame man, Newcastle is a LONG way to go, If you're going to travel down that far, I would suggest coming to Super Vs. Battle next month, as it will be a 2-day tournament so you'll get more moneys worth for your journey :)

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm out of the country at that time :( and I've found even more reason why I won't be able to attend L.A.C. 7, considering it's an 18+ event :(

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ah, 18+ is certainly is issue if you're not. Either way, We WILL have more events in the future, At the moment we're pretty lively so Expect to see more tournaments popping up!
It might be worth your time joining facebook.com/groups/SmashUK for tournament details

Jolteon

I think we should revise the stage list for Project M now that 2.6 is out, mainly due to the changes on Lylat and SSE: Jungle. IMO, we should also look into cutting off some stages now that it's been a while since 2.0 was released and we have a better idea of what suspect stages (e.g. KJ64, Rumble Falls, Delfino Plaza, Norfair) are like.

Here's my suggestion:

Starter stages:

Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick stages:

Fountain of Dreams
SSE: Jungle
Warioware
Green Hill Zone
Yoshi's Island
Dracula's Castle

Jolteon

Super vs. Battle results

Brawl Singles:
1: HeelWavyKasper :metaknight: :falco:
2: CloudRainZero :fox: :metaknight:
3: J.miller :luigi2: :rob: :metaknight:
4: Cong :diddy: :metaknight:
5: G~P :ike:
5: Hoe4u :pikachu2:
7: Loz8Ichimaru :pit: :falco:
7: Sinth :snake:
9: Trek :diddy:
9: Luigimitsu :diddy: :warioc:
9: Ixis :bowser2:
9: Success :wolf:
13: Taronuke :dk2: :snake:
13: RT
13: Sophz :diddy:
13: Deon :diddy:
17: Kramz
17: Sol64 :metaknight:
(Bracket Cut-off)
19: Hakan
19: LunarBuu
19: Baggo
19: DX-17
19: NW
19: Crispin
25: Swipez
25: Miko
25: Pikachuu
25: Glen
25: Dan
25: Alex
31: ShadowmanX5
31: Darren
31: JPUF

Brawl Doubles
1-3: Guaranteed Money pt.1 (J.Miller+HeelWavyKaper)
1-3: Guaranteed Money pt.2 (Cong+CRZ)
1-3: John Smith (Loz+Sinth)
4: Luigimitsu+G~P
5: Team New Jack (DX-17+Taronuke)
5: Hoe4u+Dan
7: Sucess+Cramz
7: Trek+Deon
9: NW+Miko

Melee Singles
1: Fuzzyness :foxmelee: :falcomelee: :sheikmelee:
2: Prof :foxmelee:
3: Alpha Dash :falcomelee: :icsmelee:
4: JJLinyard :foxmelee:
5: Jolteon :foxmelee:
5: Frugs :marthmelee:
7: Clockmire :falconmelee:
7: SnareRush :falconmelee:
(Bracket Cut-Off)
9: ShadowmanX5
9: Shakey

Project:M Free Singles tournament
1: Fuzzyness :fox: :lucario:
2: Prof (Forfeit) :snake:
3: Jolteon :toonlink: :metaknight:
4: Alpha dash (Forfeit)
5: Blizzywolf :fox:
5: Warning :falcon:
7: Cong :diddy:
7: Hoe4u :pikachu2:
9: Silent Doom :sonic:
9: JJLinyard :sonic: :ike:
9: Trek :ivysaur:
9: Luigimitsu
13: Sol64
13: ShadowmanX5
13: NW
13: Sinth :snake:
17: Alex
17: Miko
17: Taronuke

Jolteon

Pretty much, haha.

People used to play Fox and Marth mostly, now it's just Fox. <_< Except for a few people obviously, VA and Alpha Dash being the most notable ones.

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
One day I'll travel down to an event and show you the Jiggs and prove that other characters still exist lol

SnareRush

Big Loada
Heeey :falconmelee:

Thought I'd just introduce myself on here, in hope of people using this again.
I went to a couple of tournies many years ago, under the tag SuperNintendoid in case anyone remembers, but never got properly involved due to other commitments.
Super eager to put the work in and get better now though. Looking forward to many hype sets to come.

Speaking of which, any more concrete details on the next tournament?
Heard something about one up North maybe? I'd be happy to drive a bunch of Londoners around the uk :D

Happy smashing!

PS I'm Ben Claxton on facebook

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Well welcome back Ben! I'm Henry and I'm pretty new to the community, but hopefully if there IS one up here in the North, I hope to be able to give you a couple of game! Always good to know we have some OGs in the UK!

Jolteon

Sup snare rush. =) Great to hear that you want to put in work and improve at Smash. There's blastzone obviously, and also a regional event called Up+b going on in Nottingham on Nov 9th.

Jolteon

Your join date is even older than mine! :p Though I had been following the scene earlier than in 06.

edit: How would people feel about implementing the following things again?

1) Making the monthly events into ranbats again. For anyone who doesn't know, ranbat is short for ranking battle, it's basically the same as a monthly local except that you get ranked and put on a Power Ranking depending on how well you do at tournaments. Can be used to track your improvement and community growth over time.

2) Crew battles! =D These are usually really hype.

Top Bottom