• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
Pokefloats and Rainbow cruise are a good counterpick against some floaties so i dont really have anything against it. Itl be more about getting around the stage and dodging obstacles rather than fighting though lol.
and its only fair to have PF and RC for spacies or faster characters since you have mute city etc

L-J

Smash Ace
Nothing's wrong with PF lol.
Seal? I'm probs not even gonna be at this Monthly now (stuff has come up, lame but that's life) but you really shouldn't have PF on or Mute. They haven't been legal at any major tournaments for a long time now and there's a reason for that. Sounds like you are legalising them for the sake of legalising them imo. Rainbow Ride, Brinstar and Kongo Jungle are more than sufficient as additions to counterpicks. Imo.

EDIT: Didn't even SEE Corneria on there. For real? It's like, the most ******** stage of them all. Including PF.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Seal? I'm probs not even gonna be at this Monthly now (stuff has come up, lame but that's life) but you really shouldn't have PF on or Mute. They haven't been legal at any major tournaments for a long time now and there's a reason for that. Sounds like you are legalising them for the sake of legalising them imo. Rainbow Ride, Brinstar and Kongo Jungle are more than sufficient as additions to counterpicks. Imo.

EDIT: Didn't even SEE Corneria on there. For real? It's like, the most ******** stage of them all. Including PF.
I duno why jolteon said those are the rules when im just running SNY rules
its just a monthly the rules don't have to be super duper serious, with an actual tournament it's different and i wouldn't even consider proposing throwing all the CPs in.

we discussed the stages a while ago and people only really had qualms about PF when running 2 bans, again it's not a 100% serious event and if PF really causes that much difference in placements that can be dealt with (I believe I mentioned this approach to you earlier LJ)

either way charles the sny stage list literally sucks balls, stage control and CPs are a part of the game and running that stagelist just completely negates a large part of smash. at a bare minimum we should have RR/brinstar/kj64 they're not even that big of a deal (unlike PF/mute/corneria)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
this monthly is really going to be good
Yeahhh man, i'm sooo looking forward to this monthly guys XD

Really looking forward to playing you Edwin, i'm kind of on edge because you've been playing against Charles lately so you've obviously got some good training lol XD but i'm definitely going to give it my all when I play you even though I don't think I will you wont be getting an easy time from :bee:

I duno why jolteon said those are the rules when im just running SNY rules
Hey Charles I need say something to you (....Gee wiz, I really hope this doesn't offend you :() cos the whole of the community really wanted the rest of the CPs for this event due it not being a Ranking Battle and wanted a bit of diversity and have fun XD...I don't want to force my opinion on in a disrespectful way which I hope this isn't doing in anyway so deepest apologies if so but I was wondering if we could have CPs stages just for this monthly. :)

It's also want the community wants but this is your event, I do not wish to rudely force my view on you in anyway, just trying to be nice and help out :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
:confused: Just trying to be a changed person, what to get rid of my old identity, it was never me and I always forced it nor did it contribute to anything positive which is why I have changed my smash name to Professor Friend cos i'm all about helping now XD

This is the real me and I don't really like trashtalking cos it really ends up with nothing but negativity and people arguiing and getting stressed out and smash isn't about that :urg: so I know over time everyone will grow to love who I really am cos i'm really cool once you get to know me guys :bee:

Gantz - Yeah i'll tell Ric and come today lol...i'll ring you soon XD

VA

Smash Hero
Ew, new prof is lame.

He just learnt his lesson from trashtalking loads and getting *****. We've all been there...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Ew, new prof is lame.

He just learnt his lesson from trashtalking loads and getting *****. We've all been there...
This is the new me, nothing to do with me getting *****, just trying to be a better person. :confused:
And I feel kind of offended that i'm just trying to be myself and you calling me lame, i'm trying my hardest to show people the better and the new me and so far everyone has just insulted me or not been pleased by it....I don't get it :urg:

prof's trolling looks liek willz's
Ok....:confused:

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
yo aaron, im not playing you till the tournament to see if you can adapt :)

its a better way to learn

that means im not going tamoo's on sat, chrisboi frostbyte and edwin are coming to mine on sat

my crew is still alive aside kman

top 4 IWR

gm jack

Smash Lord
train takes like an 1hr30 from reading but can be kinda expensive, if you have a railcard or get a child ticket its cheaper

Can't Jack drive?
We have railcards, so it shouldn't be too bad. I can drive, but I don't own a car. As my mum needs it to go to work she kind of gets dibs on it.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah kman said he's quitting after the last event he attended, he didn't even enter and has finished uni so just decided that he should finish smash too.

Charles: This was pretty much the only chance i could host on this kinda scale, 5 tvs and all, but meh, if you're that scared of prof learning your falcon :p

mitsuki and jack (and pretty much anyone coming): I'm gonna be up from about 9 on the saturday so anytime 10am and later is 100% fine with me, wiggum, jude and maybe cheez should already be here. Pretty much come when you want, leave when you want basis (like literally, i believe wiggum's staying to the monthly or something lol), no parents, no commitments, gonna be awesome :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
yo aaron, im not playing you till the tournament to see if you can adapt :)

its a better way to learn

that means im not going tamoo's on sat, chrisboi frostbyte and edwin are coming to mine on sat

my crew is still alive aside kman

top 4 IWR
I actually feel kind of honoured for you to do something like this just for me even though it will sadly mean I can't play you XD

And I agree, my adapting is poor in compairson to other people like you, Edwin and VA in the UK and I really want to get it up to you lots level :bee: so I think you doing something like this for me is really going to push me into improving and getting better XD

Looking forward to playing you this monthly, gonna try my best to get a few games off of you if we end up playing in the tournament but I know i'm not gonna beat you cos you've improved too much since SNY lol but I will definitely give you a hard time so don't think you will completely destroy me lol XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I actually feel kind of honoured for you to do something like this just for me even though it will sadly mean I can't play you XD

And I agree, my adapting is poor in compairson to other people like you, Edwin and VA in the UK and I really want to get it up to you lots level :bee: so I think you doing something like this for me is really going to push me into improving and getting better XD

Looking forward to playing you this monthly, gonna try my best to get a few games off of you if we end up playing in the tournament but I know i'm not gonna beat you cos you've improved too much since SNY lol but I will definitely give you a hard time so don't think you will completely destroy me lol XD
either prof has had an enlightenment of mohammed standards, or hes been drugged

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
nah i just think he is just getting mature . i used to be such a annoyance on the boards years back
I'm not more mature XD
As I said before that person I was putting on before was an act and wasn't me lol.
But this is the real me, so far people either think i'm lying or putting up a front but in soon time they will come to realize how wrong they are lol :bee:

A bit nervous about playing you this tournament, you've been playing Charles lately and I know Charles is amazing and pretty unstoppable atm so you're prob light years ahead of me lol XD

Top Bottom