• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

j3ly

Smash Champion
atm, northern line high barnet, 30 mins from kings cross
overground new barnet, also 30 mins from kings cross/london bridge

after Christmas, northern line totteridge & whetstone but like 1 min from station
overground oakleigh park, next stop from new barnet

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Fuzzyness - I will tell you if we do one :).

omg kulla is back agaaaaain are you still moving here dude?

also lol at interest from fuzzy and prof towards kulla last time he posted when he was here everyone ignored him
lol Well that's cos smashfest weren't that frequent for ourselves so organizing one for another person would be hard enough.

ill hold a smashfest this thursday daytime guys?
i can pretty much have one every thursday if i can get setups and people dont come at a ******** time like 6/7, have a 3rd 60hz tv now too, there was a 3rd one all along -_-

a couple can always be housed too, when i move to my new house near here with my own garage, ill b able to host every day and house every1 if people are on it
How many people can you house btw if you get a new house, just curious cos what if we did a UK tournament?
Would that mean you would be able to house alot of people??? Cos thats the MAIN reason why we can't do a UK touranment, is cos of lack of housing for people....
It would prob just be for one day but its just an idea.

j3ly

Smash Champion
well, in my garage if i clear it out except TVs, once i get help moving the chairs inside maybe 15 (20 if well placed/lucky size) in sleeping bags/sleeping on cold, hard floor lol? prolly 4/5 in my room if my mum trusts the people

the garden would 100% be an option in summer too cos it opens out onto the garden at one side, but not for sleeping obvs lol. ive been thinking about hosting HSAM like tournaments in my garage since i got told it was mine for ages now. it would be awesome, and if people come it will happen 100%

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I'm gonna look for bus routes to your area - allow paying £7.50 frequently lol. Thanks for offering this to everyone btw.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
That sounds good.

Plus with the 4/3 that Fuzzy and TC can take which makes about 8/7 from them.

Meaning so far that if we hosted a UK tournament we could house about 25ish people....

Community how does that sound??????

j3ly

Smash Champion
i have a bedroom of smash that people dont take advantage of, its pretty much always ther unless im working

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
if I said to people that can organise a smash event in Leicester WITH housing next year in february/march time would people be interested?

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Awesome this thursday works fine for me! Just tell me where to be at what time and I'll be there with my controller.

I'm staying in Shepherds bush but will be going home in like two weeks... I did live here for a bit, but didnt get into contact with you guys cause I was literally working almost 10 hours a day 5 times a week and was too tired to do anything on my days off other then just relax and do nothing... I quit my job last Sunday and hence have time now to smash! I havent played in almost three months, and am craving it since I left Australia.

Prof: Luigi was my main a long time ago... I use sheik now :)

Kman25

Smash Ace
Hmmm Kulla, You do live sorta close to me. I may host something sometime soon but Im not too sure now since Uni is gaying me.

Also whens the latest someone can come to yours J3ly, I wanna come and get some games but I got lectures on Thursday.

j3ly

Smash Champion
if I said to people that can organise a smash event in Leicester WITH housing next year in february/march time would people be interested?
if u can organise it, provide travel links (basically do as fuzzy/Bill did) you will get a turnout, provided return coach tickets are relatively cheap (under a 10er or youll have to be very very lucky), and u organise booking of tickets like fuzzy did, people will show and itll be a great tourney

j3ly

Smash Champion
people can jam wednesday too if they want, i have no school wednesday/thursday but im in early friday :'( so housing wont b availiable thursday, but wednesday is cool

i dont even know about this even classing as a smashfest lol, but ill play smash with ne1 decent for any amount of time any time

kman, any time man, i prolly got to get some sleep around 11/12 - what time ur lectures finished/wher is the uni

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Wednesday too? As in tomorrow? Heh, well I could do both, I do crave melee. I'll need a contact number and address and stuff but I shall be there!

j3ly

Smash Champion
mobile number, should be running by 2mo.. ill post my adress a little later, ima go out and get borderlands

i live on the northern underground train line - high barnet, less excusivly if ur traveling by the overground (most likely) its new barnet, 30 mins from kings cross.

and yeah, wednesday 2mo lol... are you good? who would u rate urself with in terms of skill

FINALY THE ERBS' COME AROUND

weel have some draw too, if you are partial to it

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
mobile number, should be running by 2mo.. ill post my adress a little later, ima go out and get borderlands

i live on the northern underground train line - high barnet, less excusivly if ur traveling by the overground (most likely) its new barnet, 30 mins from kings cross.

and yeah, wednesday 2mo lol... are you good? who would u rate urself with in terms of skill

FINALY THE ERBS' COME AROUND

weel have some draw too, if you are partial to it
Awesome, borderlands is sweet man, a mate of mine has it and we played through it all... its sick. Hmmm I would rate myself as decent, I was the best player in Sydney, though that doesnt speak for much as our scene was small and dying when I left...Like twenty people max at a big Sydney tourney...Unless we got out of staters, then it got real fun.... Also I havent played in three months...so I'm sure there will be rust.

Also is draw is what the internet tells me its slag for...then yes, I'm very partial to it :D What time should I rock up at yours tomorrow?

j3ly

Smash Champion
borderlands is the 2nd best game ive played this year, except SMASH ofc!!

well the earliest possible time is preferable, if u can make it by 10 in the morning i can wake up by 10 in the morning (well like 9 lol)

but youd have to bring your cube, i have 2 friends comming but their bringing a WII which has noticable lag. not good. apart from that, my setup is pretty **** awesome, large 100% lagless TV and comfort :)

yes that is the slang lol :)

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm I'll prolly be there a bit later... I skype with my family Wednesday mornings until like...11 but I'll leave straight away shouldnt take me more then an hour to get to yours. I'll call you once I'm at the station? Or some time period before? I'll bring my setup and stuff no problems I is excited to smoke and smash!

j3ly

Smash Champion
i forgot to mention i currently dont owna a cube, where are u staying in england btw?

this is awesome! i wasnt sure when i would next be paying

u live in shephards bush atm... ummmm u could get the 82 from near there (maybe a bit closer to st johns wood) to finchley central, and then a 326 from there to my road. the longest journey would b underground, cos theres either a 20min walk/ busride from there to mine. i live about 2 mins from new barnet overground though, and 30 secs from the 326 busstop - ill give u my house number just in case in a little while anyway

rust is fine, ill have u thinking fast :cool:

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Shepherds Bush for the next two weeks then I'm outter here... I'm just glad I get to play some London smashers before I head off :D

j3ly

Smash Champion
i just facebooked u dan, bring joe too man

we can record shiz too :)

but definatly bring ur cube (so preferable to wii its a joke) if u have 1, and ill move the other big tv into my room

but i warn u if ur not here early the puff will be long since puffed lol

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Lol feels like i aint been here for years.

Modern warfare 2 is ****ing amazing.

I haven't played smash properly since the ranbat, j3ly i need my capture card btw.

I need to play some smash before i give up becuase of mw2 lol

auroreon

Smash Ace
Please don't talk about MW2...
I spent hours today and yesterday phoning every Sainsbury's within 25 miles. Still no copy of the game. I refuse to pay more than £26 for the game.
All 6 Sainsbury's were sold out yesterday, two of them had shipments coming today but they didn't know what time. Phoned again today at 10AM, both have already sold the entire shipment.

It hurts. *cry*

Top Bottom