• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash t'ill You Crash 3 is back: The Last One! ~ IMPULSE Circuit

Windrose

Smash Lord
From my understand, it's all brawl on saturday and all melee on sunday? Is that how this is going down?

PiKaLeX

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guy.... I'm very busy with school right now. I'll answer all questions and I'll do the scedule this friday. But I can say right now that Melee and Brawl would be on Saturday...on sunday, I would do 64 plus side event

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Hey.

I just noticed this thread now, but I am interested in coming. $ will be paid for whatever service is offered.

Bing

Smash Master
eternal, where are you staying at/housing with?
Not trying to answer on his behalf but we were considering the options of Sleeping in the school Saturday and/or a hotel/Motel as we have not found housing yet.

On this note. Is anyone able to house a few people? We'd be leaving Sunday(I know Eternal is, I'm not sure about myself because I dont live in Toronto)
I'd probably be leaving Monday unless I could find housing in Toronto... So for can anyone house a few people from Friday to Sunday?

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
And I know I've been flopping lately and some people here might not take my proclaimed attendance seriously, but I actually am going to really try and make this.

I don't mind busing as a last resort (I've never been to Montreal and I'd rather not) but can someone house me? I will pay $ and smash until my hands feel like sand.

Melee is too good. I've gotten my... touch back with it. I'm down to sight-see or something too, as I've never been to Quebec. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Vista_Comic

Smash Rookie
I will provide a setup (system + game) for all three versions.

Also, we are currently trying to upgrade the venue to the one we had for Smash at the PolyBash XI, since it will be very hard to accomodate a sleeping area if we are as crowded as last year in the Galerie Rolland. In the event that this can't be done and that we do reach the 90ish players like STYC2, I would recommend anyone currently planning to sleep over at the school to have a plan B, unless you don't mind staying up all night playing (We will have coffee and energy drinks for those of you who'll do that though). If we are successful in changing the room reservation, you'll know at least a week ahead, otherwise you can assume it'll be the same as announced. They are both in the same building, so it won't require any other changes to your plans.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I would guess that most montrealers will return to their respective abodes rather than sleep there. You can expect the number of people sleeping there to be much lower than the total attendance.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
if anyone has any bars or clubs they recommend or places to go during the day in mtl hooks me up

Windrose

Smash Lord
they have this place called schwartz or w/e.

best montreal smoked meat.

diaxis

Smash Rookie
Hey guys i'm diaxis I'll be the guy that will do all the livestreams and/or other marketing, so i wonder if some of you would like to do commentary like Kirbykaze did at styc2 and ThatGuy and DB56. if you are interested msg me and tell if :
1: if you ever shoutcasted a live event
2: if you have any VOD pls linké
I'm pikalex 's roomate and one of his best friend and since he is leaving for france for a year, I wan't to help him setting up the best tournament possible!

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Hey guys i'm diaxis I'll be the guy that will do all the livestreams and/or other marketing, so i wonder if some of you would like to do commentary like Kirbykaze did at styc2 and ThatGuy and DB56. if you are interested msg me and tell if :
1: if you ever shoutcasted a live event
2: if you have any VOD pls linké
I'm pikalex 's roomate and one of his best friend and since he is leaving for france for a year, I wan't to help him setting up the best tournament possible!
I may be interested in doing commentary, if that were desired by the audience lol. My references would obviously be STYC2, and I also did commentary for the (now defunct) Montreal weeklies years ago, but I haven't done anything prolongued. I'll also have to warn you that I wouldn't have as much name value as someone like KirbyKaze or Kage.

Have any of you guys from montreal been to a place called 'peel pub'?
Yeah, it's right off Peel and St Catherine's. Personally I prefer Mad Hatter's next door to it :lick:.

diaxis

Smash Rookie
I could do a piece on Impulse? I did one during a GTA monthly lol.
So you want to do like a side piece about impulse that we would show during the stream? is that what you're asking?

And that guy, I recently did all the VODS from last STYC and you did a pretty decent job, I'm really sad that kirykaze isn't comming, the game he commentate were just fantastic, I would like to have a duo ( one shoutcaster just saying what is happening and an analyser)
And KAGE If you want you can even if you don't do as in dept as Kirbykaze you still have a lot of game knowledge that you can use.

Just to be clear I need casters for mainly Melee since that's what will be on stream 90% of the time!

The problem will be that you are all players in the tournement so if you need to play game and there is no caster that would be a problem, I liked having DB56 last time because he wasn't playing and even tho he wasn't the most analytic caster he was always there and we switched between players to co-cast with him.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
So you want to do like a side piece about impulse that we would show during the stream? is that what you're asking?

And that guy, I recently did all the VODS from last STYC and you did a pretty decent job, I'm really sad that kirykaze isn't comming, the game he commentate were just fantastic, I would like to have a duo ( one shoutcaster just saying what is happening and an analyser)
And KAGE If you want you can even if you don't do as in dept as Kirbykaze you still have a lot of game knowledge that you can use.

Just to be clear I need casters for mainly Melee since that's what will be on stream 90% of the time!

The problem will be that you are all players in the tournement so if you need to play game and there is no caster that would be a problem, I liked having DB56 last time because he wasn't playing and even tho he wasn't the most analytic caster he was always there and we switched between players to co-cast with him.
Well i dont know what the reverse sandwich position means lol.

PiKaLeX

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people asked me to do a pokemon B&W tournament on sunday... Anyone interest? I'll put the rules in the thread

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
Joel, your commentary was real good. You have tons of experience, so you give sexy insight. I'd personally like to have you on the mic again this year, if you want to/have time.

Unknown/TorontoJoe: Peel Pub is cool, but so are a lot of bars in that area. Understandably, none of them will offer specials over the weekend afaik. Never been to Mad Hatter's, so can't compare, but I have heard good things about the place. One place I liked was the St-Elizabeth's pub. The exterior terrace has huge walls covered in vines, feels like the jungle or Lord of the Rings, or something. Pretty badass, and chill music too.

I'm a ****in hermit though, so I'm not quite the reference in terms of Nightlife. If you're a fan of Fighting Games besides SSB series (SF, MVC, BB, KOF, etc.), check out Foonzo arcade/bar/lounge (18+), real cool place to hang out and level up your Yomi while having a beer or a bubble tea. It's also a 6-8min walk to Peel Pub/Mad Hatter's iirc.

And Vista, Having the huge Cafeteria to ourselves would be mindblowing. If Salle Rolland gives us room, la Grande Caf' gives us ABSOLUTE FREEDOM. Shieeet, I mean, that's a lot of room. It would also be a lot easier to set everything up, being on the same floor as the parking. Oh btw, people were having concerns about showers for those thinking of staying overnight. You'd probably have an answer for them, right? :D

Bing

Smash Master

yeah pretty much, just a quick thing lol

:phone:

ThatGuy

Smash Master
ooh, alright. A friend of mine was telling me that it was really cheap on thursdays.

Also, why Mad Hatter's anyway?
It's a style thing more than anything else. Mad Hatter's is more of a bar that you would go to chill, while Peel Pub is a place you would bar hop to to look for some action. If the latter is more of what you're looking for, then there's also Sir Winston Churchill pub on Crescent, or basically any other downtown bar/club overflowing with people lol.

unknown522

Some guy
It's a style thing more than anything else. Mad Hatter's is more of a bar that you would go to chill, while Peel Pub is a place you would bar hop to to look for some action. If the latter is more of what you're looking for, then there's also Sir Winston Churchill pub on Crescent, or basically any other downtown bar/club overflowing with people lol.
ahh. Action you say?

Windrose

Smash Lord
I am coming with 5 people from Toronto + 1 from Montreal:

-Windrose (Ontario)
-Sauc3 (Ontario)
-Reis (Ontario)
-Izek (Ontario)
-Watermelon (Ontario)
-Greg (Quebec)

all signing up for melee

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
partying thursday and friday sounds mighty ace, me and my buddies are stoked. must try and get holy wasted bahah

Top Bottom