• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Tags

Sauce Boss

Smash Journeyman
my friend called me pinhead one time so i said i made a smashboards account called pinheadz it will be Ice™ soon enough though.

EDIT:If they ever change it :urg:

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Melomania means a love for music. It also just rolls off the tongue nicely, and can be shortened to four characters easily. No real history behind it, I just think it works really well.

:phone:

SnakeMan

Smash Cadet
Im a huge megaman fan, and snakeman was one of my favorite stages/ boss characters.

Plus, it sounds way cooler and less premature than quickman.

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
A comic a friend of mine drew waaay back in elementary school starred me as a pile of dirt.

I liked the idea so much I created the character "Supreme Dirt", a superhero of sorts who gets into all sorts of crazy shenanigans.

I'm also currently working on a game featuring the character. Slow going without my own computer though...

Rockenos

Smash Apprentice
Never before told story about to be told! Get hype!

In 7th grade, I thought "Rocketboss" would be a cool name for my WoW character. Yes. Like in Pokemon. Ladies and gentlemen, middle school.
Eventually, I grew sick of people asking me about it time and time again, so I waited and waited unhappily until Blizzard released a $10 paid name change service. Day one of its launch, I changed it to this so that I was still recognizable but had a legitimate WoW name. It's also completely original, which I'm mad proud of (WoW armory search "Rockenos". ALL MY CHARACTERS :D)

So yeah, it just stuck with me. People use to call be Rocket, RB, Root Beer, etc, now they call my Rock, Rocken. Sorta miss the old nicknames. Oh well.

At CEO, I saw Rockcrock and instantly decided to make my in-game tag temporarily "ENOS", knowing he uses "ROCK" as his. I didn't get lucky enough to play him unfortunately :(

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Just a random name I came up with for kaillera, and since I had my friend change my smashboards account pass on my first account (because I was honestly sick of the elitist **** in the 64 community) i just went with the new name.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I discovered "Sinji" when I was watching an anime show in 2007. The person had the name "Shinji", so I decided to make a brand new name by taking off the H.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
My smashboards account is Ookami, but I actually go by Wolfy in person. Wolves are my favorite animals and eventually my best friend gave me the nickname "Wolfy" because of it. It stuck ever since. I used "Ookami" for my account name cuz it's Japanese for "wolf", but I decided to go back to "Wolfy" since it was shorter and I liked it so much.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Started with Blaze when I made my first Pokemon file for some reason. Time passed until I got internet and was finally able to play some Runescape with all my friends and cousins (**** was mad hype back then). When I went to make my account, Blaze was taken. Since I didn't want to use a completely new name and disliked using numbers on my name, I added Combo to it as I enjoyed chaining combos in Pokemon Puzzle Challenge at the time.

Tekk

Smash Lord
TartineEtChocolat was my first tag (litteraly means BreadAndChocolate)
Then people started calling me TeC.
Then someone started to spell it as they pronounced it, Tekk.
And I sticked to that.

Excision

Smash Rookie
Even though my name on here is Excision, the tag I use is Halo Nova. Because it sounds awesome.

Twix

Smash Cadet
A friend of mine sold me Twix bars every day in middle school, this was 6-7 some odd years ago. To this day, said friend and many others call me "Twix", instead of my real name. :p

Griffard

Smash Ace
My name is Griff(ith), Griffard has been a nickname/username/tag for a while. If I start going to more tournaments, I'll probably just go as Griff, though. Not really much point in enforcing such a similar tag to my real name.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Dat Evangelion
Actually I got the name from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Japanese version. It was from Shinji (Paul in the american version). I decided to create a brand new name and thus I took up melee competitively in 07. But I do enjoy Evangelion. :)

Planet Piss

Smash Journeyman
My Username is obviously from Metalocalypse, but more subtly, my tag is NIPPLES because of them I have two and they are special to me.

QERB

Banned via Warnings
i'm qerb cuz i used to play kirby before i played competitively and i thought that spelling my name with a "Q" and other wrong letters would make me cool =D

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Well, we were all playing smash one day, and I was busting out my usual ganon shenanigans, when a friend of mine just started shouting about how the punch was this sea of hitboxes and how "The tide is coming in" every time I got fair chains... So I just made my tag TIDE that night.

And then I got accepted to and attend the University of Alabama. So yeah. It kinda stuck. Roll Tide.

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
me and my friend ARON (his tag) were playing smash one day and I said "I wish i could abreviate my name into 4 charecters" (my name is forest. yeah, one 'r'.) and my little sister who was watching us said "You could be Four E S T!"
and it hit me like a rock.
4EST is my in tourney tag and I just go by forest for my smash name because i mean, come on. who has this name? it kicks ***

Ravengeance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ravengeance
in melee since you only had 4 spaces I was 'Fuse'. In Brawl I used 'Ende' short for Endezeichen which is german for terminator. I thought it sounded cool and I'm half german. Over the years I used Raven a little bit and kind of went all in on being 'Raven' a few years ago. My last name literally means 'Raven' so that's why I have that but of course Raven is always taken in everything so I combined Raven and Vengeance. Vengeance bc it kind of describes my play style. Like if you KO me or kill me in a game I'll come back trying harder and seeking my vengeance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom