• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash still alive?

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
Is good Man! Yo did everybody migrate to Brawl? I haven't even played it yet is it better than smash?

My House is open to smash when I am down there on the weekdays.

HOLLA

Life After Death

Smash Champion
Is good Man! Yo did everybody migrate to Brawl? I haven't even played it yet is it better than smash?

My House is open to smash when I am down there on the weekdays.

HOLLA
nah brawl is trash comepare to melee but still good if you main snake. but yea go to those 2 melee tourneys I told you about

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
What day exactly will you be down in Florida for Flowin?

Are you gonna be here atleast till june like.. 25th?

If so go to a couple of tournaments.

I would love to play you again, haha.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Why do all the famous, legends, badasses, and other assorted well-known people go to FL but not GA? :(

Don't answer that >.>

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
*face palm*

google it.

what in gods name.

In the game's storyline, O'Neal wanders into a kung fu dojo while heading to a heavily emphasized charity basketball game in Tokyo, Japan. There, he stumbles into another dimension, where he is forced to rescue a young boy named Nezu from the evil mummy Sett-Ra.
I must play this game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballz

this game is pretty awful too

Laijin

Smash Hero
Mooney is kinda right.
Brawl is'nt a ****ty game in general.
But its a ****ty game to have a tournament for.
Would you guys ever participate in a tournament and pay money for like Warcraft or Gunbound? Yeaa...its the same concept here(Even if none of you do play those games. Their just examples). Only I think Gunbound is actually harder to play than brawl. :\

AfroQT

Smash Master
Mooney is kinda right.
Brawl is'nt a ****ty game in general.
But its a ****ty game to have a tournament for.
Would you guys ever participate in a tournament and pay money for like Warcraft or Gunbound? Yeaa...its the same concept here(Even if none of you do play those games. Their just examples). Only I think Gunbound is actually harder to play than brawl. :\
No you just fvckin suck at brawl is all, its a great competitive game the only reason you bash it is because you are brain dead and havent learned how to punish air dodging.

Theres nothing wrong with this game
STop crying
thats for everyone.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
1. brawl on its own is a good game competitively. just people cant stop comparing it to melee when its pretty apparent that they are two entirely different things. it IS easy on your hands though, if thats what you equal skill to in fighting games (how hard it is to do a move)

2. i actually would pay for a warcraft III tournament, if i was any good at it. I'd possibly pay a small amount for a gunbound tournament, just because of how much fun it is to play with a group of people that you can talk to at the same time (ventrilo, in person, etc.)

3. shaq fu was so bad, but i still manned up at the age of 10-11 and beat that game. I then refused to touch it ever again. i wont even play it on an emulator. i AM suprised that someone hadn't heard of it though. its so bad you'd think it was known worldwide by now. If you thought shaq fu was funny, then you all need to go download "Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden". Chaos Dunks ftw

Finch

Smash Lord
1. brawl on its own is a good game competitively. just people cant stop comparing it to melee when its pretty apparent that they are two entirely different things. it IS easy on your hands though, if thats what you equal skill to in fighting games (how hard it is to do a move)
How are brawl and melee completely different games? Melee is the only other game in the world I would feel comfortable comparing to brawl. It's been said a lot, but people who didn't play melee should really stop making assumptions about the issue.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Shaq fu is a better game competitivly than Brawl. Its more balanced and has a better character roster, and its not even competitive, but its still better than brawl.

See what I did there?

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
My shield will not be broken.
Atleast not in singles, i break it all the time in doubles lawl.
I will break your shield...one day i will do it in singles and i will pause the game take several pictures get them devoloped and bring copies to every tournament in florida to show everyone the epicness:laugh: i will frame and laminate one and hand it to you with my signature on it says the breaker of shields;)

AfroQT

Smash Master
Shaq fu is a better game competitivly than Brawl. Its more balanced and has a better character roster, and its not even competitive, but its still better than brawl.

See what I did there?
I'd say the same thing if i was absolutely terrible at brawl.

EDIT:
See what i did there?

Laijin

Smash Hero
My only real serious problem with brawl is not that its not competitive(That leads to arguments). Its that its just boring to me :|
Its not that I suck at the game(Cause I don't really care about being good at it either), but its just a boring game. Why play brawl when there are more fun things to do with my time? :]
See what I did there?

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
No you just fvckin suck at brawl is all, its a great competitive game the only reason you bash it is because you are brain dead and havent learned how to punish air dodging.

Theres nothing wrong with this game
STop crying
thats for everyone.
the idiot doth speaks.

I hope you lose a couple hundred dollars one day because you tripped in game 5 of grand finals.

GG.

AfroQT

Smash Master
the idiot doth speaks.

I hope you lose a couple hundred dollars one day because you tripped in game 5 of grand finals.

GG.
Tripping sucks, but its never decided a game for me, and probably never will.
Infact rarely am i ever punished for tripping.

Instead of complaining about it like a f@ggot, i just deal with it and play anyway.

Go cry about another game you suck at k.

If you think brawls boring, thats fine. If you enjoy playing other games thats fine, and i wont act like i decide whats fun for you or whats not (toward laijin). But the game is fine to play competitively, i enjoy playing brawl (not as much as guilty gear), so i play it. If you dont enjoy it, dont play it.

Top Bottom