• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Service is ending

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
How could they commit such a horrible atrocity?! I loved those 23,238 long home run contests.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Does it mean people can no longer send replays to friends?
No that's a different service, it's WiiConnect24 that allows people to do that. Only Smash Service ended.

--------------------------------------------
Yeah I felt bad for it ending for a second but...
The only reason I think why its ending is because it's getting old for the company.
The replays of the HomeRun Contest and Target Tests were the same thing every time. In HomeRun you would see someone get over 5,000 feet, and in Target Test you'd see someone beat it in at least three seconds, and I was like whatever. The stages weren't really that impressive either. The pictures were nice but they would get old also, and they would go away. And the stupidest part about the service was that you couldn't copy the replays, pictures or stages or do anything to them except look at them. Then they would go away -_-...
So frankly, I don't really care about it leaving because it's a horrible service. Allisbrawl.com, youtube.com, and this website are all better resources for better replays, photos and stages.
So who gives a beefin s*** anyways right?

BSP

Smash Legend
I kinda liked HRC and Target test replays. Didn't care much for the pics or stages.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
they removed the "options" button and "Spectate" buttons from the online mode today

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Strange that I saw Smash Service is still on when I went online. O_o ♥

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Well as the original notice was trying to advise the only part of smash service that has been turned off is your "submit" button for making daily posts (stage, reply or snapshot) you'll still get the daily vault data just can't submit new stuff.

Unless you're saying your submit function is still active cause >< and :p if so. XD

Riickable

Smash Cadet
Who actually DOESN'T have 9999 coins? o.0

Yeah, funny story about this. This info shouldn't have been given out to nubs on jewtube. I'm on another Smash site and some douche kept on replying in EVERY topic saying things like "that's good but wi-fi is going down you know". I basically had to troll this person and correct them in the same way for an evening because people might have fallen for it like they did.

My personal views? I won't have epic people making me embarassed about target test, so it's k.

Top Bottom