• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Smash Run

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sadly, you have to own the New Nintendo 3DS to be able to post Smash 3DS screenshots onto Miiverse. The 3DS, 3DS XL, and 2DS can't do this, as Miiverse is disabled for those systems while you're playing Smash 3DS.
Sucks for me and my early 3ds model. However, you can trust that I'll be telling the truth about my runs.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I wish that all these people posting pictures of their maxed stats would post the scores that they got at the end... Picking up all of those boosts (and considering all the enemies that they killed to get them) would have to give ridiculous scores.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Some enemies shouldn't be there:Let me share a tale of woe-So just today,I was going through a run with Mr.:4pacman:,when I get to the point on the map that's near where a spring and 2 arches of stats will sometimes spawn.
So,I accidentally awaken a Clubberskull.We all know this won't be like Gumball's "The Shell".At all.
So,it starts going nuts,and I air dodge it to attempt opening a treasure chest.
MIMICUTIES!Yes,the chest is a Mimicuties?What series?Take a wild guess.Just guess.
So it's kicking me while Clubberskull is stomping all over me.Then,when I get away(somehow),they're still there,and-the Orne music starts.Wonderful.
After I left that chaos,it went smooth from there.
If you have any stories like mine with ANY other enemies,maybe we can talk about it.:mariomelee:

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Current record for my Palutena is all 1000 but 988 on special... What annoys me is the fact that the stupid powerup wouldn't drop when I had some time. Sometimes I think this game hates me, but once I get it, I'll tell off my set and such.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have a question: I've already won first place in Smash Run with all fighters. Now I just want to run through and farm powers (since you can't get Smash Run powers anywhere in the game outside Smash Run, obviously). What is the best character and best custom build for this task? I still have 28 powers left to collect, so it's going to be a haul.
Character choice is irrelevant in terms of how frequently you will get new Powers.

In terms of what character/build you use, mostly just preference.

There are only a few characters that are worse in Smash Run compared to others. Robin is one of them, for example.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Robin's poor mobility is the general issue for him/her, but is very strong at killing the larger enemies using D-smash and the Fire Wall side-B custom special, but again, the mobility is very poor.
Then again, Mac's the same thing, except he runs fast, but his jumps are awful.

A mixture of mobility and power is what's needed for the characters in this mode in a way, but what do I know? I pretty much just use Pit and Palutena anyways, who coincidentally are my 2 top scores with over 250,000 each.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
While I don't have the picture (sucks for the old 3ds), I finally got all 1000s with pretty Palutena, but I do have data I took during the run.

:4palutena: All 1000, done at 11:01pm on 11/18/14 :4palutena:

Set:
-Holy Staff +85/-51
-Holy Staff +83/-57
-Vampire Staff +20/-34

Attack +188
Defense -142
Speed 0

Powers: 23
Spinning Blade Lv3 and Lv1
Heavenly Light Lv2

Autoreticle
Reflect Barrier
Jump Glide
Celestial Firework

Vs enemy team (Battlefield), 72
Score: 261,306 (not my best score)

Useful enemies:
Kritter
Polar Bear
Souflee
Sneaky Spirit
Flame Chomp
Boom Stomper

Strategies and Tips:
First the weapons. The Holy Staffs are self-explanatory up there for me. Very strong, but troublesome defense issues. It's the Vampire Staff that makes things much more easier. Keep physically hitting opponents, and it'll help you heal slowly.
Next, your attacks. B-air is gonna be one of your main moves, as well as F-air, Fireworks, and Jump Glide. B-air is the power one, F-air is alternative to attack as you approach. Fireworks is your special damager, especially against the Polar Bear, which you'll likely be aiming to hunt.

Jump Glide acts as mobility until you have a suitable amount of speed. Unlike with my set with speed on it, you need more Jump to reach the top right platform. You'll also fastfall slower unless you have a bit more speed (the equipment, not the stat), but having a lot of Jump stat will overcome it.
Kritters act as a useful stat income on Speed and Attack if memory serves, as well as Flame Chomps for Special I believe. Souflees and Sneaky Spirits are self-explanatory. Later on, make use of Spinning Blades as needed. Heavenly Light is to make certain challenges much faster, mainly the Target Test ones.

-The Easy "Survive" difficulty with the Ice Bubbles are very useful for stats (especially attack) if you can kill them. Heavenly Light helps remove the ice, then B-air or F-air em off the stage and collect them stats.
-The Hard "Survive" difficulty with the Polar Bear is easy with Fireworks. You're welcome to use Heavenly Light in case your stats are below 100 and can't kill the Polar Bear quick enough. After killing the bear, just Autoreticle away for more stuff.
-The Normal "Defeat them all" one is pretty much Dash attack to kill 2 outta 3 Octoroks, B-throw the other, time an F-smash on the closes one on the next 3 to knock them into each other and kill. B-throw the left Bumpity Bomb towards the other enemies, and kill the other bomb. It should be fast enough without using a power. It's easier when you have a fair amount of stats, say 200.

The locations that I often go to are the bottom area, the top right, bottom right, the area with the heated ground, the spot above it and the right side of it, but figure out what fits you best. For the top right, you may need about 200 Jump and a Jump Glide to get there.

Super high attack can knock off a Boom Stomper in its weak point in nearly if not 1 hit, and provides a nice amount of attack. Knock them towards more enemies for more killing. Polar Bears are self-explanatory, and killing them is easy with Fireworks. If you find Giant Goombas or Banzai Bills, you can kill em in 1 hit with enough Attack to help out a bit.

Overall, you'll need some luck as always, but once you get used to it with the right enemies and placement, you can do it. Enemies you may want to avoid are:

-Octorok: Annoying and not beneficial to kill for stats
-Mettaur: Annoying early enemy, more than Octoroks. It's the projectiles that are irritating and such. You can Reflect Barrier close to em to kill. I rather reset if I see them, and they're so annoying during enemy squad time.
-Bacura (the falling tile): They're useless and annoying, simply put. I'd honestly restart if you see one of these
-Orne: Can't kill em, and they kill you, so no benefits.
-The evil chicken: They take up enemy slots when you set one off on accident, and that's bad on stat income. I prefer to reset if I see one, but it's up to you.

I can't remember the last time I typed this much, but I hope it helps. Anything you need to know?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
What's your strategy for Pit? (I'm bleeping tired of grinding classic lol.)
D-smash is your friend against large targets that won't flinch, such as Bonkers. You can even use the move on top of the Crystals in Crystal Smash to destroy em faster.

Like Palutena, B-air can help with damage, though not as good as hers. Dash attack is good for pushing away weaker enemies, but make sure you have enough power if you want to kill some of em in 1 hit.
His grab is pretty good, probably better than Palutena's. F-throw is strong, and is pretty fast, good against those things you have to grab and throw.

Bring a good level Spinning Blades (I prefer Lv3) and Heavenly Light with you as a rule. If you can fit Lv1 blades, go head and add it as well.

I don't remember what else to do, but see what fits for you.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
D-smash is your friend against large targets that won't flinch, such as Bonkers. You can even use the move on top of the Crystals in Crystal Smash to destroy em faster.

Like Palutena, B-air can help with damage, though not as good as hers. Dash attack is good for pushing away weaker enemies, but make sure you have enough power if you want to kill some of em in 1 hit.
His grab is pretty good, probably better than Palutena's. F-throw is strong, and is pretty fast, good against those things you have to grab and throw.

Bring a good level Spinning Blades (I prefer Lv3) and Heavenly Light with you as a rule. If you can fit Lv1 blades, go head and add it as well.

I don't remember what else to do, but see what fits for you.
Thanks. Kinda already knew about Pit's grabs though, I made a move guide for him. :p

popsofctown

Smash Champion
While I don't have the picture (sucks for the old 3ds), I finally got all 1000s with pretty Palutena, but I do have data I took during the run.

:4palutena: All 1000, done at 11:01pm on 11/18/14 :4palutena:

Set:
-Holy Staff +85/-51
-Holy Staff +83/-57
-Vampire Staff +20/-34

Attack +188
Defense -142
Speed 0

Powers: 23
Spinning Blade Lv3 and Lv1
Heavenly Light Lv2

Autoreticle
Reflect Barrier
Jump Glide
Celestial Firework

Vs enemy team (Battlefield), 72
Score: 261,306 (not my best score)

Useful enemies:
Kritter
Polar Bear
Souflee
Sneaky Spirit
Flame Chomp
Boom Stomper

Strategies and Tips:
First the weapons. The Holy Staffs are self-explanatory up there for me. Very strong, but troublesome defense issues. It's the Vampire Staff that makes things much more easier. Keep physically hitting opponents, and it'll help you heal slowly.
Next, your attacks. B-air is gonna be one of your main moves, as well as F-air, Fireworks, and Jump Glide. B-air is the power one, F-air is alternative to attack as you approach. Fireworks is your special damager, especially against the Polar Bear, which you'll likely be aiming to hunt.

Jump Glide acts as mobility until you have a suitable amount of speed. Unlike with my set with speed on it, you need more Jump to reach the top right platform. You'll also fastfall slower unless you have a bit more speed (the equipment, not the stat), but having a lot of Jump stat will overcome it.
Kritters act as a useful stat income on Speed and Attack if memory serves, as well as Flame Chomps for Special I believe. Souflees and Sneaky Spirits are self-explanatory. Later on, make use of Spinning Blades as needed. Heavenly Light is to make certain challenges much faster, mainly the Target Test ones.

-The Easy "Survive" difficulty with the Ice Bubbles are very useful for stats (especially attack) if you can kill them. Heavenly Light helps remove the ice, then B-air or F-air em off the stage and collect them stats.
-The Hard "Survive" difficulty with the Polar Bear is easy with Fireworks. You're welcome to use Heavenly Light in case your stats are below 100 and can't kill the Polar Bear quick enough. After killing the bear, just Autoreticle away for more stuff.
-The Normal "Defeat them all" one is pretty much Dash attack to kill 2 outta 3 Octoroks, B-throw the other, time an F-smash on the closes one on the next 3 to knock them into each other and kill. B-throw the left Bumpity Bomb towards the other enemies, and kill the other bomb. It should be fast enough without using a power. It's easier when you have a fair amount of stats, say 200.

The locations that I often go to are the bottom area, the top right, bottom right, the area with the heated ground, the spot above it and the right side of it, but figure out what fits you best. For the top right, you may need about 200 Jump and a Jump Glide to get there.

Super high attack can knock off a Boom Stomper in its weak point in nearly if not 1 hit, and provides a nice amount of attack. Knock them towards more enemies for more killing. Polar Bears are self-explanatory, and killing them is easy with Fireworks. If you find Giant Goombas or Banzai Bills, you can kill em in 1 hit with enough Attack to help out a bit.

Overall, you'll need some luck as always, but once you get used to it with the right enemies and placement, you can do it. Enemies you may want to avoid are:

-Octorok: Annoying and not beneficial to kill for stats
-Mettaur: Annoying early enemy, more than Octoroks. It's the projectiles that are irritating and such. You can Reflect Barrier close to em to kill. I rather reset if I see them, and they're so annoying during enemy squad time.
-Bacura (the falling tile): They're useless and annoying, simply put. I'd honestly restart if you see one of these
-Orne: Can't kill em, and they kill you, so no benefits.
-The evil chicken: They take up enemy slots when you set one off on accident, and that's bad on stat income. I prefer to reset if I see one, but it's up to you.

I can't remember the last time I typed this much, but I hope it helps. Anything you need to know?
Did you avoid tilting as Pally? Her tilts aren't so bad pre-lag wise but the after lag makes me think they might be bad for smash run because it's frames you could be moving on to the next enemy.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Did you avoid tilting as Pally? Her tilts aren't so bad pre-lag wise but the after lag makes me think they might be bad for smash run because it's frames you could be moving on to the next enemy.
Generally yes, but F-tilt ain't bad for damage unless you prefer mobility. I just prefer to use it against large enemies that don't flinch occasionally or against Bill Blasters, and the Crystal Smash thing. Otherwise, B-air's the main way to go for me. Do avoid U-tilt at all times unless you somehow are in the Hard "Survive" challenge with the Reaper. Kill the Reaper and Metroid, avoid being under one of those spinning block, and right when or just before the Zurees are about to attack you, you may use U-tilt to avoid the attack and do hopefully kill em, or at least that's how I've done it.
For D-tilt, it may be useful to flip over that purple bug with all the armor, but it sometimes doesn't work, or maybe I'm just imagining. See what fits you.

Last edited:

Noga

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4768-7800-6903
I really like to play smash run when I don't have internet or anyone nearby to play with, but I don't really like the final battle (except the "climb" or "run" events) mainly because of the fact that you're doing a time match instead of a stock battle, the other thing I don't like is 300% smash where it doesn't really matter if you have the highests stats. And the other thing I hate are Ornes (the enemies that kill you if you touch them), I hate them just because if you have the volume tuned all the way down, you can't tell if there's one nearby (and they have killed me more than once this way)

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Yes! Finally got 1000 everywhere using Zero Suit Samus. She's fast, jumps well and her side smash easily kills polar bears. This Souffle horde helped me very much, I just had to use spinning blades and I killen seven of them. Also I try to kill Darknut Magnuses every time I see one of them, they generally need to use a spinning blade to defeat them quickly but they often release big stars which give 100 in every stat (once a Darknut Magnus gave me tow of these stars!) so it's really worth it. I saw this star for the first time when I killed the polar bear from the hard challenge with barrel canons; I was amazed when it appeared :surprised:

Also I'm just curious, can huge stars giving 200 in every stat legitimately appear in Smash Run? I guess they're codded in the game, but they're probably not supposed to ever appear. Imagine if your clear a "Defeat Clubberskull" event then you're rewarded by five of those stars ahah.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Another enemy that can be nasty is the Darknut, especially once its armor is off. It can move so quick that even Captain Falcon can't do anything to stop it without Smash Run powers or invincibility.

Hahaha, okay. If you say so.

But the countless times I've defeated Darknuts as characters such as Bowser or Ike disagree.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hahaha, okay. If you say so.

But the countless times I've defeated Darknuts as characters such as Bowser or Ike disagree.
There are some exceptions, but regardless, the Darknut can still be tough if you don't have a lot of attack power to defeat it quickly.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
There are some exceptions, but regardless, the Darknut can still be tough if you don't have a lot of attack power to defeat it quickly.
That's what I go on, personally I enjoy playing as the slower, beefier fighters because your speed and jump increase naturally as your run and jump, so you can run around defeating enemies quickly. It's a lot of raw fun.

Jonarobin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PowerMiner
The most amazing thing just happened... So I was in Smash Run, I killed a Starman. (enemy) Guess what it dropped?

A Starman. (Mario invincibility star)
I thought this was so funny.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
While sadly I don't have a pic for this either (old 3ds), I do have data with my run about my All-1000 on Pit (Had to copy paste from my document btw)

All 1000, done at 3:27pm on 12/28/14
Set:
-Vampire Agility Badge +12/-22
-All-around Trade-off Sacred Treasures (Attack) +41/-42
-Trade-off Attacker Sacred Treasures (Attack) +44/-30

Attack +63
Defense -72
Speed +12

Items: 22
Powers:
Spinning Blade Lv1 and 4
Heavenly Light Lv1

All default except Striking Flight

Stamina Smash on Battlefield
Score: 271,982 (New record)

Useful enemies:
Bonkers
Bulborb
Metroid
Skuttler

___
Input:
From here, this was my first few test runs with the "Trade-off" equipment, and I kinda underestimated it. Combined with a Vampire equip, you slowly heal up as you kill things Vampire has higher chances of healing when using multi-hit attacks like F-air, though I didn't use the move much. The Skuttlers are good starter enemies to help build up some stats. Metroids are easy to pick off if you aim well and are not interrupted. Pit D-smash is your friend if you can connect both hits on the large targets that don't flinch, or even in Crystal Smash if you're on top of the crystals. Dash Attack is good when having high Attack to knock off some enemies in 1 hit, and use B-air against Stalfos. High enough damage will knock them off their feet.
Overall, the set is risky, but survive more and more, and it gets better. I originally wanted two Trade-off Attackers, but I didn't have a 2nd Attack one, so yea...

I might do one for Palutena too if I got the equips.

EDIT: Did one for Robin, too! As usual, no pic, old 3ds yada yada, but here.
___
Robin
All 1000 done at 4:51pm on 12/29/14
Set:
-Sage's Tome +70/-37
-Risky Respawner Agility Badge +48/-9
-Expert's Tome +58/-30

Attack +119
Defense -67
Speed -48

Items 19
Powers:
Spinning Blade Lv3 and 1
Heavenly Light Lv1

Speed Thunder
Fire Wall
Elwind
Goetia

Climb!
Score: 288,607 (New record)

Useful enemies:
Clubberskull
Skuttler
Sneaky Spirits
Giant Goomba
___
Input:

For Robin I can say right now that power and speed are very important, so you'll have to sacrifice defenses for this. D-smash and Fire Wall (ArcFire custom) are gonna be 2 of your main moves. They're very strong against large enemies that don't flinch, and D-smash works at doing Crystal Smash. To get Robin going, find a way to improve speed and attack quickly, even if you have to use challenge doors which also play a role in this. Once you start finding the big enemies, use the 2 moves mentioned above to take them out really fast, and add spinning blades during a critical moment, such as against a Clubberskull to keep the damage rolling. I wouldn't have gotten max stats without the help of the last Sneaky Spirit to maximize my Jump. Lucky I was.

Tips:
D-smash works best against Clubberskull, Bonkers, Chain Chomp, and other large enemies on the ground that won't flinch. Have enough power and D-smash can take out a Chain Chomp with one attack, provided you're close to it and looking toward its chain. Stuff like this is how you roll in the points. As long as you have a good amount of speed and power early and get to the right places quickly while certain enemies do not spawn (Ornes or those blocks), you can do this.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
While sadly I don't have a pic for this either (old 3ds), I do have data with my run about my All-1000 on Pit (Had to copy paste from my document btw)

All 1000, done at 3:27pm on 12/28/14
Set:
-Vampire Agility Badge +12/-22
-All-around Trade-off Sacred Treasures (Attack) +41/-42
-Trade-off Attacker Sacred Treasures (Attack) +44/-30

Attack +63
Defense -72
Speed +12

Items: 22
Powers:
Spinning Blade Lv1 and 4
Heavenly Light Lv1

All default except Striking Flight

Stamina Smash on Battlefield
Score: 271,982 (New record)

Useful enemies:
Bonkers
Bulborb
Metroid
Skuttler

___
Input:
From here, this was my first few test runs with the "Trade-off" equipment, and I kinda underestimated it. Combined with a Vampire equip, you slowly heal up as you kill things Vampire has higher chances of healing when using multi-hit attacks like F-air, though I didn't use the move much. The Skuttlers are good starter enemies to help build up some stats. Metroids are easy to pick off if you aim well and are not interrupted. Pit D-smash is your friend if you can connect both hits on the large targets that don't flinch, or even in Crystal Smash if you're on top of the crystals. Dash Attack is good when having high Attack to knock off some enemies in 1 hit, and use B-air against Stalfos. High enough damage will knock them off their feet.
Overall, the set is risky, but survive more and more, and it gets better. I originally wanted two Trade-off Attackers, but I didn't have a 2nd Attack one, so yea...

I might do one for Palutena too if I got the equips.

EDIT: Did one for Robin, too! As usual, no pic, old 3ds yada yada, but here.
___
Robin
All 1000 done at 4:51pm on 12/29/14
Set:
-Sage's Tome +70/-37
-Risky Respawner Agility Badge +48/-9
-Expert's Tome +58/-30

Attack +119
Defense -67
Speed -48

Items 19
Powers:
Spinning Blade Lv3 and 1
Heavenly Light Lv1

Speed Thunder
Fire Wall
Elwind
Goetia

Climb!
Score: 288,607 (New record)

Useful enemies:
Clubberskull
Skuttler
Sneaky Spirits
Giant Goomba
___
Input:

For Robin I can say right now that power and speed are very important, so you'll have to sacrifice defenses for this. D-smash and Fire Wall (ArcFire custom) are gonna be 2 of your main moves. They're very strong against large enemies that don't flinch, and D-smash works at doing Crystal Smash. To get Robin going, find a way to improve speed and attack quickly, even if you have to use challenge doors which also play a role in this. Once you start finding the big enemies, use the 2 moves mentioned above to take them out really fast, and add spinning blades during a critical moment, such as against a Clubberskull to keep the damage rolling. I wouldn't have gotten max stats without the help of the last Sneaky Spirit to maximize my Jump. Lucky I was.

Tips:
D-smash works best against Clubberskull, Bonkers, Chain Chomp, and other large enemies on the ground that won't flinch. Have enough power and D-smash can take out a Chain Chomp with one attack, provided you're close to it and looking toward its chain. Stuff like this is how you roll in the points. As long as you have a good amount of speed and power early and get to the right places quickly while certain enemies do not spawn (Ornes or those blocks), you can do this.
Why striking flight on Pit?

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Sakurai tried to go for a Kirby Air Ride City Trial feel in Smash Run but I don't think this idea translated into Smash Bros as well as he thought it would. Still though, the game is fun, just not as much as City Trial. I would very much like to see Sakurai make a sequel to Kirby Air Ride in the future.

If some variance could have been offered to the ending matches, that would have been swell, but tbh it's hard to even imagine what could be done. Smash Tour suffers from the same plight, not much variance, unlike Mario Party which it is based on.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Smash Run is so much fun that I would spent hours playing that mode until my eyeballs melt, even though some of the enemies in there do tend to give me a hard time beating them like the Darknuts, Stalfos, Bonkers and, worst of all, Mimicuties.

And I remember attempting to reach 1000 on all stats with Rosalina and I still plan to make that happen one of these days.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Smash Run is so much fun that I would spent hours playing that mode until my eyeballs melt, even though some of the enemies in there do tend to give me a hard time beating them like the Darknuts, Stalfos, Bonkers and, worst of all, Mimicuties.

And I remember attempting to reach 1000 on all stats with Rosalina and I still plan to make that happen one of these days.
I plan to one day do that too. I wish I could see videos of how people do it with other characters. I've gotten somewhat close though.

What I love about playing as Rosalina in Smash Run is that Luma can damage Ghastly. Normally, you need an item or projectile to damage Ghastly, but Luma is able to just waltz up and punch them out. Really satisfying, as otherwise they are enemies that always get in my way as they always show up when I don't have a means to get rid of them with other characters.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I plan to one day do that too. I wish I could see videos of how people do it with other characters. I've gotten somewhat close though.

What I love about playing as Rosalina in Smash Run is that Luma can damage Ghastly. Normally, you need an item or projectile to damage Ghastly, but Luma is able to just waltz up and punch them out. Really satisfying, as otherwise they are enemies that always get in my way as they always show up when I don't have a means to get rid of them with other characters.
Man, I could play it as much as I can to just to achieve that goal, no matter how many times I fail. I also collected all of the Smash Run powers in the game and I'm now aiming to collect all the custom parts as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've 100%'d the 3DS version since before the Wii U version released (except for missing one or two Mii hats), so I pretty much only play it when I am not at home. Though the only three things I do with it are play Smash Run, practice against Lv.9 CPUs, and experiment with customs. Also, when playing through the Wii U version, whenever I need a good custom set for something, I use the 3DS version to make it and import it to Wii U.

I'll probably use it for Amiibos too once support is added.

Poppy100

Smash Cadet
Admiral Pit, I HAVE to ask, how the hell you are getting such extragant scores using equipment with questionable attack power, especially with ROBIN of all characters, I mean yeah, I'm reading what you wrote, but this line is particularly confusing

"To get Robin going, find a way to improve speed and attack quickly, even if you have to use challenge doors which also play a role in this"

Are you saying you don't otherwise use the doors at all? Do they waste too much time to be worthwhile? Are you just playing with one character non-stop until you get such a score? Lastly, do you just run past smaller enemies?

The best score I got was with Captain Falcon, I got 270000 something points, ironically it was BEFORE I had good glove equipment items, even with those now, I'm typically not reaching 250000 with ANY of the glove users.

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
I like the mode, but I hate that you keep winning the same customs or equipment as rewards. I wish they were quicker to give you the customs as I have very few characters completed and, even in Trophy Rush, have a hard time getting the customs.

Also, the game becomes such a cheater at the end,. Open a chest you didn't mean to open, try to collect, get hit, try to go back, get hit and the boosts disappear - or even worse, get KOed, and you're down a bunch of stats with seconds left. That's happened a few times.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Seems I forgot to give a little update on my progress a few days ago. My top 3 scores atm are the following:
Pit: 334,798
Palutena: 305,559
Robin: 288,607

Aside from luck, my recommendation is to try these finding these.
-An All-around Trade-off equip (strongly recommend an attack one),
-A Vampire Equip (I prefer attack on some characters, speed for others)
-A high-level Attack equip (around or near +80 attack) OR A Trade-off Attacker equip (attack or speed). Use both if you don't want a Vampire Equip

You'll have poor defenses, but great firepower.

General Tips from my view:
-If you want higher scores, quit if you enter a challenge door with the 3 glint beetles. They're a waste of time.
-The most annoying enemies that are best to avoid seeing in the run are Bacuras (the tiles), Mettaurs, Octoroks, Ornes.
-I prefer to see Kritters, Skuttlers, and Flame Chomps during the beginning, but experiment with which ones fit you best.
-Spinning Blades Lv3 or 4 with Spinning Blades Lv 1 with the rest on Heavenly Light are my general builds in Powers.
-If you prefer higher scores over maxing out all stats, focus on speed, jump, and attack, sometimes Special depending on your character and preference, and go on a killing spree while ignoring other power-ups. This is also why it's good to find Kritters.
-Trying to get to the top right area of the map is what I try to do first. If the tall tower near it is there, I go there first while killing enemies along the way.
-Some characters have multiple strong hitboxes or something of the sort on some of their moves that should be exploited against some things, such as Pit's D-smash, Robin's Fire Wall custom and D-smash, Megaman's Danger Warp custom at close range, etc. Find out if your character has some.

I don't mind helping the best I can since it's all I do these days on the 3ds, granted, most of the time it's Pit and Palutena only.

Admiral Pit, I HAVE to ask, how the hell you are getting such extragant scores using equipment with questionable attack power, especially with ROBIN of all characters, I mean yeah, I'm reading what you wrote, but this line is particularly confusing

"To get Robin going, find a way to improve speed and attack quickly, even if you have to use challenge doors which also play a role in this"

Are you saying you don't otherwise use the doors at all? Do they waste too much time to be worthwhile? Are you just playing with one character non-stop until you get such a score? Lastly, do you just run past smaller enemies?

The best score I got was with Captain Falcon, I got 270000 something points, ironically it was BEFORE I had good glove equipment items, even with those now, I'm typically not reaching 250000 with ANY of the glove users.
Aside from luck, you need the right equips and customs (if applicable). My equip build is generally high attack power, such as the stuff I named up there.
I do use doors from time to time, but that itself requires luck. Robin personally needs it more than some others because she's slow (yes, I say she because that's my main Robin, the yellow one), and she's really good at Crystal Smash thanks to D-smash and Fire Wall. The equip set I use with her are 2 high lv attack equips, and a Trade-off Attacker Agility Badge. Granted she's slow, but can kill some stuff really fast with the 2 moves I mentioned. Some enemies I ignore later on (like goombas) as I try to hunt the big ones after 2-3 minutes in.

Once I realized the power of an All-around Trade-off equip and sometimes a Trade-off Attacker one, it helped me out with things much more. But again, you need luck on your side. I hope I could be of service.

Poppy100

Smash Cadet
Yeah I've been using 3 attack items, usually involving trade off attack and / or all around trade off, I hadn't been bothering with vampire equipment since I just rely on hoping a heart drops from an enemy...I'm dying a LOT this way though... Its funny you finally posted something here when I just recently got 290,000 points with Fox and Captain Falcon, and you topped 300,000. X_X;

I think air attack and moon launcher could be good on some characters too though, and the strong punch, kick, etc powers are BLATANTLY good on some characters. (Strong kick rocks on Fox and Captain Falcon)

It does kinda sound like I was already doing that stuff you mentioned though...hm...

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Ladies and gentlemen, the mode that should have been in WiiU.

Not that Smash Tour is bad...but I would have loved to see this on WiiU too

Top Bottom