• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Smash Run

Fireriku546

Smash Rookie
Going for the high score is addicting. It seems you get more points from defeating enemies and getting stats, so Sonic is amazing since he gets to enemies fast and obliterates them.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
One tip I can give: Always bring in Ore Club.

Does massive damage and the whirlwind is a great projectile to punish many little opponents or biggies at ones. Also makes Crystal Smash a breeze.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One tip I can give: Always bring in Ore Club.
Does massive damage and the whirlwind is a great projectile to punish many little opponents or biggies at ones. Also makes Crystal Smash a breeze.
It's too bad that even the Ore Club isn't exactly enough to defeat a Clubberskull. Against that beast, you really need a lot of attack power, along with the Smash Run powers, as it's basically the most dangerous enemy (besides the Orne) in Smash Run.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's too bad that even the Ore Club isn't exactly enough to defeat a Clubberskull. Against that beast, you really need a lot of attack power, along with the Smash Run powers, as it's basically the most dangerous enemy (besides the Orne) in Smash Run.
I don't usually bother with Clubberskull due this: that thing might not really be worth your time aside from killing you easy and clobbering other enemies while at it. You can really benefit from doing something else than waste your time trying to defeat it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't usually bother with Clubberskull due this: that thing might not really be worth your time aside from killing you easy and clobbering other enemies while at it. You can really benefit from doing something else than waste your time trying to defeat it.
Defeating Clubberskull does offer some strong stat boosts though (maybe even a good reward). It's beatable, but only certain fighters can actually defeat it without taking too much of a beating, and even then, Smash Run powers are a huge necessity.

Another enemy that can be nasty is the Darknut, especially once its armor is off. It can move so quick that even Captain Falcon can't do anything to stop it without Smash Run powers or invincibility.

At least the Reaper isn't that tough, since all you have to do to avoid its attacks is to stay behind it. However, other enemies, along with the Reapettes can get in your way.

TunaAndBacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TunaAndBacon
If you mean the Orne, you do get a huge warning of its presence when the BGM changes. However, in terms of the Survive! challenge where you have to avoid it, some fighters have it very rough to survive the whole 20 seconds.
Oh no its not that its not obvious and easy to avoid, thats all true. But when I'm fighting something tough like a bulborb I get sent flying right into one.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh no its not that its not obvious and easy to avoid, thats all true. But when I'm fighting something tough like a bulborb I get sent flying right into one.
Basically, the moral of the story is, if an Orne is heading your way, run away. Once the Orne's music stops playing, you're safe to go after enemies again.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I would say that Darknuts are one of the better "boss" enemies to encounter, since they give large boosts yet are easier to kill than most boss enemies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm starting to think that the CPUs are set to level 5 for Smash Run, since they're apparently too smart to be level 3s.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So what powers do you use for all this anyways? I'm here stuck with 2 different levels of Spinning Blades and a Heavenly Light. I can tell you right now that the latter is perfect for both Hard and Normal Target Smashes.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My favourite powers tend to be:

Power Bomb
Horizon Beam
Meteor Shower
Health Recovery
Auto Recovery
Brief Invincibility
Hammer
Back Shield
Super Leaf

What actual set I use depends on the character and build.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
So far literally every character I set up has Spinning Blades lvl. 12/15 and Health Recover lvl 7/9. Any extra weight is thrown into a light weapon like Beam Sword or Boomerang. I'm looking for different ways to mix things up. I actually haven't even tried most of the powers like Devil's Pact or Shocking Taunt. What powers are useful and which ones should just be avoided entirely?

imo Lucina and Lucario are the best for Smash Run.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So far literally every character I set up has Spinning Blades lvl. 12/15 and Health Recover lvl 7/9. Any extra weight is thrown into a light weapon like Beam Sword or Boomerang. I'm looking for different ways to mix things up. I actually haven't even tried most of the powers like Devil's Pact or Shocking Taunt. What powers are useful and which ones should just be avoided entirely?

imo Lucina and Lucario are the best for Smash Run.
Wait wait wait, hold the phone...

...Powers go up to Level 15!?

Highest I recall getting is Level 4, and I play Smash Run all of the time.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Wait wait wait, hold the phone...

...Powers go up to Level 15!?

Highest I recall getting is Level 4, and I play Smash Run all of the time.
That's... odd. I might be messing up here. Are you sure you're not referring to a power's uses? I'll be smashing in a little while, so I'll check Smash Run then and get back to you later today, unless someone can clear this up sooner. Sorry if I'm just making noise here.

EDIT: Powers go to level 4, sorry. I was thinking of their weights.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, I thought it was the weights. Easy mistake to make though.

It would be one hell of a grind if they went to Lv. 15. @_@

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Mah point is, does anyone have suggestions on good powers other than Spinning Blades and Health Recovery? I've hardly tried any others.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mah point is, does anyone have suggestions on good powers other than Spinning Blades and Health Recovery? I've hardly tried any others.
-------------------

My favourite powers tend to be:

Power Bomb
Horizon Beam
Meteor Shower
Health Recovery
Auto Recovery
Brief Invincibility
Hammer
Back Shield
Super Leaf

What actual set I use depends on the character and build.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
-------------------
Back Shield and Super Leaf don't seem super useful.

I guess I kind of failed here. I was more referring to the powers like Devil's Pact and the powers that boost specific attacks. The ones that alter your character. I don't know why I didn't point that out.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Back Shield is super useful as it often works as invincibility. Most of the damage I take in Smash Run tends to come from behind, so it's good protection.

Super Leaf gives any character Peach's float ability which can be useful for traversal, especially if Speed stat has been upgraded.
And easy ground level aerials, which is very useful for some characters.

Stuff like Devil's Pact seem too situational and risky for me, though.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Heavenly Light is good if you want to speed through the "Break the Targets" challenges faster, especially the Hard one. Just wait for the bottom to stop flashing, then do a lap under the platform and back up. Higher levels of the power doesn't require you to jump.
I really don't use anything else besides that and Spinning Blades, and occasionally Auto Heal/Health Recovery.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
i find Spinning blades + health recovery to be the best thing for smash run. it can help you kill mobs easily since it's wide, it can go on even when you are being hit, dodging or shielding, is a reliable tool in the air (especially since all aerial foes don't liek SB), it's good vs bosses too.

it's also great for challenge doors, though the only times i'd use it is on target smash 3 (becomes a joke), crystal smash 2 if i don't have enough STR, always on 3, and it's great to deal with the stalfos on that other challenge if you don't have time. i sometimes bring power bombs too to make sure Survive 3 won't be too much of a pain...

People say Ore club and hammer but they don't really do well in the air and take time to kill mobs. good versus bosses but Ore club requires patience, hammer requires super armor/brief invincilbity.

i'm havign good success at gettign to 150000 pts with everyone with these, so far.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just got all of the Smash Run Powers today (as well as all of the trophies).

I'll pretty much be exclusively playing Smash Run, when I'm not playing online. I like grinding for custom parts using it.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Just got all of the Smash Run Powers today (as well as all of the trophies).

I'll pretty much be exclusively playing Smash Run, when I'm not playing online. I like grinding for custom parts using it.
i personalty will only play smash run once i'm done with the "clear all-star with everyone" thingy. trying to get 150000 points/19000 GSP with everyone!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm pretty sure Palutena can do it too, with some luck. The closest I've gotten was all 1000s, except Jump at 769.
Though, I'd love to see a vid of someone doing this all 1000 thing.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
as long as you ar elcuky everyone could do it... Palutena isn't a very good character in this mode, though. imo anyways
I personally think she is good the right equipment. B-air is her damaging move (SH B-airs are possible), F-air for the spacing or quick way to kill weak enemies or stun em at least, Celestial Fireworks to help kill some enemies fast (namely Polar bear), she has fairly nice speed and can go places with Jump Glide. It's all about luck for the other cases.

Out of random, what enemies do you hate in the mode, or is there a thread for that?

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
I personally think she is good the right equipment. B-air is her damaging move (SH B-airs are possible), F-air for the spacing or quick way to kill weak enemies or stun em at least, Celestial Fireworks to help kill some enemies fast (namely Polar bear), she has fairly nice speed and can go places with Jump Glide. It's all about luck for the other cases.

Out of random, what enemies do you hate in the mode, or is there a thread for that?
i meant comparatively speaking.. i mean, if you get lucky you could get a lot of Attack boosts early on and face a lot of Reapers and Polar Bears, so luck is pretty heavy...

i dunno, maybe i'm using her wrong but she is a character i really struggled to get a 150000 score with, took me 20 runs... i felt she is super slow evne though SS and LW exist to mitigate it (LW backfires horribly early on, tho), i had ba dluck with killing enemies especially early on (which is, IMO, the most important aspect of smahs run: how well can you kill enemies when you are not boosted... right behind travelling the maze under the same circumstances.) and she didn'tfare well in mos without powers.

She also isn't very resistant... i ultimately ran this set with her:

N - Explosive Flame (to kill polar bears and ice bubbles effectively, as well as mobs in the tunnels)
S - super Speed (side travelling)
U - Warp (cause i found JG a bit clunky)
D - Lightweight (mid-late game travelling, emergency boosts)

as for the worst enemy award: the Devil Car ties with Mimicutie. they are both fast, resilient, do not flinch until you get a lot of stat boosts, have attacks that last long and put you in hitsutn while dealing a lot of damage...

and the bonuses for killing them are definitively not worth the trouble til you have an attack of 700 or so.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Whenever I play Smash Run, I always equip Spinning Blades Lv. 1, Health Recovery Lv. 3, Meteor Shower Lv. 1, and from there, whatever else fits.
Occasionally, with characters like Luigi and Dr. Mario, I replace Meteor Shower with Shocking Taunt. Only with characters that have really fast taunts though.

Rew

Smash Journeyman
I have a question: I've already won first place in Smash Run with all fighters. Now I just want to run through and farm powers (since you can't get Smash Run powers anywhere in the game outside Smash Run, obviously). What is the best character and best custom build for this task? I still have 28 powers left to collect, so it's going to be a haul.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I have a question: I've already won first place in Smash Run with all fighters. Now I just want to run through and farm powers (since you can't get Smash Run powers anywhere in the game outside Smash Run, obviously). What is the best character and best custom build for this task? I still have 28 powers left to collect, so it's going to be a haul.
The best characters I'd say would be Dr. Mario, Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Pikachu, and Wario. Try to fit them with power and speed. Give them the Lv. 3 recovery power, and one/two/three of these:
Meteor Shower, Bob-omb, Spinning Blades, Back Shield, Brief Invincibility, Shocking Taunt.
If you choose Dr. Mario, give him the Shock Cape and the Big Pill (If you have them)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Just letting you know I'm getting close to the Palutena max stat thing.

Speed: 1000
Jump: 1000
Attack: 1000
Special: 1000
Arms: 920
Defense: 1000

Sadly I can't take snapshots of the screen just like what you did with those, or can you?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just letting you know I'm getting close to the Palutena max stat thing.

Speed: 1000
Jump: 1000
Attack: 1000
Special: 1000
Arms: 920
Defense: 1000

Sadly I can't take snapshots of the screen just like what you did with those, or can you?
Sadly, you have to own the New Nintendo 3DS to be able to post Smash 3DS screenshots onto Miiverse. The 3DS, 3DS XL, and 2DS can't do this, as Miiverse is disabled for those systems while you're playing Smash 3DS.

Top Bottom