• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Remix Update 1.5.0 is out now!

smash remix 150.jpg

The latest update for the Super Smash Bros. 64 mod Smash Remix is now here. Version 1.5.0 of Smash Remix adds a few characters, stages, and more. You can watch the summary video here:

Characters added:
  • Ebisumaru (Boss variant for Goemon)
  • Banjo Kazooie
  • Dragon King (Boss variant for Captain Falcon)
  • Metal Luigi (Boss variant for Luigi)
    • Mad Piano moved to boss variant for Kirby
  • Polygon variants for the following characters added:
    • Marth
    • King Dedede
    • Mewtwo
    • Young Link
    • Dark Samus
    • Conker
    • Goemon
    • Banjo & Kazooie
Stages added:
  • Scuttle Town from Shantae
  • Big Boo's Haunt from Super Mario 64
  • Dinosaur Land from Super Mario World
  • Spawned Fear from Doom 64
  • Poke Floats from Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Big Snowman from Snowboard Kids
  • Grim Reaper's Cavern from Jack Bros.
  • Meta Crystent as a Remix variant for Meta Crystal
  • Smashville Remix as a Remix variant for Smashville
You can read the full list of changes and download the update here.

Author's Note: Okay, maybe I should finally download this. What do you all think? Let us know in the comments!

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

If they do more updates Peach and Zelda will likey come, there's most likey an issue with getting the dresses to look right which is why they aren't in yet.

Honestly though this would be a good final update. Banjo is a "kind of has to be here" pick considering it's an N64 based game, Ebisumaru is a fun extra addition, and Dragon King is an extremely cool call back to smash history. New stages are cool too.

I think if we keep getting characters Bomberman, the Princesses and may be Bond all feel likely

If they do more updates Peach and Zelda will likey come, there's most likey an issue with getting the dresses to look right which is why they aren't in yet.

Honestly though this would be a good final update. Banjo is a "kind of has to be here" pick considering it's an N64 based game, Ebisumaru is a fun extra addition, and Dragon King is an extremely cool call back to smash history. New stages are cool too.

I think if we keep getting characters Bomberman, the Princesses and may be Bond all feel likely
I also wanna see more alts for example they could include toylink in this game as a more time fitting toon link replacement! (toy link is a 3d version of a sprite)
And pig ganon would be cool too?
Maby impa over Sheik?

Damn I was scared for a moment there that Nintendo Ninjas shut the entire project down. Hopefully they can get their channel restored soon.

Last edited:
These are neat aditions.
If I had to pick just ONE newcomer, I'd pick Megaman Volnutt (from Mega Man 64 /aka Legends)

They could use his Tatsunoko vs Capcom moveset for inspiration.

Last edited:
Is Meowth in the game as a playable character? How about Toad? And Villager?

Meowth’s stage could be Meowth’s Party. Toad’s stage could be Toad Town based on the original Paper Mario. Villager’s stage could be the original Animal Forest and the male alts could have Viking horned hats and the female alts could have princess cone hats.

Meowth’s moves
B - Pay Day (throws coins like Pokeball Meowth do in Brawl, Smash 4, and Ultimate)
Up B - Fury Swipes (jumps and scratches multiple times, functions similar to Mario’s Up B, also coins fly out when Meowth scratches opponents)
Down B - Pay Day (throws coins like Pokeball Meowth do in Smash 64)

Yes, two different Pay Days. Yes, it’s the same move but they are different and have different hit boxes. Throwing coins is Meowth’s thing.

Toad’s moves
B - Vegetable (pulls out vegetables like in SMB2)
Up B - Charged Jump Punch (like Mario’s Up B but he can charge to jump higher like in SMB2, fully charged jump punches can KO opponents like Luigi’s Up B)
Down B - Pick Me Up (lifts and carries opponents like in SMB2)

Gonna repost this here
I made a wishlist for Smash Remix. I know they’re not going to do everything I wrote down here. Heck they might not be doing anything else at all. But I basically just wrote down all my ideas.
Smash Remix Wishlist
  • Peach
  • Daisy
  • Waluigi
  • Geno
  • Zelda
  • Diddy Kong
  • King K. Rool
  • Ridley
  • Meta Knight
  • Blastoise
  • Venusaur
  • Charizard
  • Ice Climbers (i recognize this one might not be possible)
  • Roy
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • Pit
  • Little Mac
  • Duck Hunt
  • Saki Amamiya
  • Mega Man
  • Pac-Man
  • Snake
  • Dr. Eggman (styled specifically after SA2, unlike how he should probably be done in Smash Proper)
  • Ryu
  • Ken
  • Cloud
  • Sephiroth
  • Simon
  • Richter
  • Hero (Probably just Arusu)
  • Terry
  • Kazuya
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • James Bond
  • Doomguy
  • Jack Frost
  • Jack O’Lantern/Pyro Jack
  • Rayman
  • NiGHTS

idk. I kinda feel weird about them doing characters that didn't exist at the time of the N64 era. I already feel weird about Lucas and Dark Samus and don't get me started on the Mementos stage.
they could've totally replicated lucas's model from any of the screenshots during earthbound 64's development, would've been really cool to see in remix
i kind of get why they wouldn't have wanted to do that. maybe lucas's taller proportions from earthbound 64 would look weird next to scrunkly ness? but idk, it still would've been cool to see. pretty cool that he's got the color palette from earthbound 64 tho

Top Bottom