• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash or Die 8: 10/11/09 Feat. CHADDD, CORNEL, MIKE G, LAMBCHOPS, KISMET2 & BIG LOU

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
eugene, you should mention the famous brawlers who are coming as well.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Why is this on a sunday? Midsouth can't go for sure. Even if it was Saturday, chad has work on sunday morning so I doubt I could convince jack to just go and I am certainly not going by myself.

So Cornel get first with Falcon. I believe.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I do not know much about Eugene. All i know is that he's mad funny and plays marth.....
Regardless I need all the melee help I can get ;D

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Why is this on a sunday? Midsouth can't go for sure. Even if it was Saturday, chad has work on sunday morning so I doubt I could convince jack to just go and I am certainly not going by myself.

So Cornel get first with Falcon. I believe.
Like Sleepy said they're always on Sunday. I hope you guys can make it. I hate to waste perfectly good trash talk on people who aren't showing up.

Alpha got work cancel
sorry Eugene =(

DAMMIT!!!

eugene, you should mention the famous brawlers who are coming as well.
like... :confused:

I do not know much about Eugene. All i know is that he's mad funny and plays marth.....
Regardless I need all the melee help I can get ;D
Eugene is a little b*tch, I'm gonna put sugar in his gas tank.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Gonna enter everything most like, well at least melee/brawl singles and brawl dubz. Im sktetchy on melee dubz but we will see.

I'm sad to say though that I dropped luigi as a main in melee. I just can't seem to beat nor do i want to try to beat certain matchups. I guess I just lost all the drive I had for him in melee like I do brawl. I have, however, found new chacrters in melee that i will use.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Gonna enter everything most like, well at least melee/brawl singles and brawl dubz. Im sktetchy on melee dubz but we will see.

I'm sad to say though that I dropped luigi as a main in melee. I just can't seem to beat nor do i want to try to beat certain matchups. I guess I just lost all the drive I had for him in melee like I do brawl. I have, however, found new chacrters in melee that i will use.
Yeah I feel ya dude. Although I'm not personally giving up on my main, I do feel like I need a secondary to deal with a certain furry animal :/

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Yeah I feel ya dude. Although I'm not personally giving up on my main, I do feel like I need a secondary to deal with a certain furry animal :/
there's not really a character that beats Falco. Try to powershield more and learn how to block off his aerial approaches (i know you know this already, I'm just sayin). Or pick jigglypuff.

SleepyK

there's not really a character that beats Falco. Try to powershield more and learn how to block off his aerial approaches (i know you know this already, I'm just sayin). Or pick jigglypuff.
1) falco is not a furry animal
2) ask lambchops for how to beat falco
3) lol luigi

Justice777

Smash Cadet
I was havin' brekfas thiz monin' and mama brought out fifTEEN flapjacks. I said "Mama take back five of them there flapjacks i gotta stay HUNGRY for smash or die!"

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'm fine against Falco. I do plan on asking Lambchops (at least, eventually) on the proper way to beat him, but watching videos is very educational for me.

Furry animals are not birds, BBQ.

I was referring to Fox.

SleepyK

how to beat fox with ganondorf

jump back fair
chaingrab

that's it.

theoretically, at least.
ganon's jump back spaced fair beats out every single one of fox's aerials. even if fox laser camps you, if you space perfectly he won't be able to hit you since your fair outranges him.

of course it's not that simple and doesn't work that way etc

B-Down

Smash Apprentice
Will try my best to be here, ride troubles and day troubles shouldn't make any difference.

Might MM people, dunno. Also, might have money for teams if anyone wants to team.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Still hopefully its an ok turnout for brawl, id hate for them to drive all that way for like 6 people lol.

Im entering both so idc either way.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
haha nah I know Lou, I was just talkin mindset-wise because in my experiences as a TO, if you tell people there's a tourney and people don't post much about going, EVERYONE thinks the same thing "well...I'm not posting because I'm not gonna go unless there's a good enough turnout and well, no one's posting so that means the turnout's gonna blow which means it'll be a waste of my time"

see what I mean?

:(

But what I used to do was to start demanding answers and **** and keep a running list of people who ARE attending. And then I'll PM people who are on the fence about showing up and I'll push for them to try and make it and the more people that post and show up...well it's just a domino effect, really :)

BigLøu

Smash Lord
^I think that's a good idea to get a general estimate of the amount of the people coming.

Meanwhile ima spam this in the waba topic, cuz most people i learned in the brawl community dont look at other threads

Macktastic

Smash Cadet
Wish i could go RTG, but cant due to work (needs to save for PS3/Beatles Rock Band)

I plan on goin back to tourneys like next month lol

SleepyK

if you
get a 360 i can hax for $40 and get you beatles rock band for that.

SleepyK

what other exclusives?

also kismet2 and elev8 are coming to this foor balrw

Top Bottom