• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash on my mind song

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
Just to give u little background of me i have been smashing in Nebraska for like the past 4 years.... nebraska isn't really seen that much as a great smash state it seems, but we have some solid talent here... anyways thats not the point... i occasionally make songs in my room for the hell of it and i made one about smash.... i just thought it would be kind of cool to make a song about it, idk why....i got a myspace page and it is the song entitled "smash on my mind".... it is the second one on the myspace player... any compliments or criticism are welcome.... but please keep in mind that i don't have a real studio or anything... here is the link
http://www.myspace.com/bigburnburnin
enjoy

Sadnap

Smash Cadet
Thats witty, "Hit you with a shine, finish with the c-stick." Bravo.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
yo chozen one i saw that u are on the list for people that are going to insomnia... where are u from man? i and some other fellow nebraskans are planning going and it would be nice to set up some friendlys in advance....

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Oh wow. That was horribly horribly weak. Horrible mixing, recording, and song.

Good try though.
Clearly your sig says it all...

I'm from Northern Virginia.. friendlys sound pretty good right now. Find me, and play me. I'll probably grab some large TV, and just do friendlies all day... but hopfully more mms ;)

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
ahh well.... can only do so much in ur attic if u know what im saying
From a recording standpoint:

You'll want a better mic--for rapping, consider a Shure SM58, and get/make a pop filter. Stay closer to the mic and turn down the recording volume. This will eliminate the "far away" sound. You want kind of a curved EQ, starting with a slight boost in bass, cutting lower mids, and adding treble and high mids.

The mixing was a little off, mainly because you focused more on the volumes of instruments rather than their sonic location. If you want something to be more in the background, turn down the volume a small amount and pan it to one of the sides. When it's in both ears and in the back, it just sounds like background noise, not an addition to the song.

Also, the percussive sounds need more "thunk". That's something you can get with proper eqing and compression.

Keep working at it, you definitely show promise. Sorry my last post was so harsh--I was pretty wasted.

And Chozen, I'm sure homosexual members of the human race are just entirely incompetent and have no understanding of recording technique. *******.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
yeah thanks the advice...i do need to learn some more about recording.... i did want to sit down and try as hard as i can to actually totally utilize cakewalk sometime..... so do u record music yourself? if not, how do u know so much about recording? also did u listen to any other songs on the myspace player and if so which one did u think was the best? well thats all i got for now..... ttyl

Uck

Smash Journeyman
Hey white people have as much rythym as anyone else.They just pretend they dont so you can feel special. Haha in all seriousness I like the song thank you.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
yeah some people like it! thats good...as far as white people not having any flow.... eminem anyone?

Big Burn

Smash Lord
idk why its doing that... the myspace player can be gay sometimes...i can try to upload it again....but sometimes when i do that it acts ******** as well.....

P Diddy Smash

Smash Apprentice
ya man, im gettin the same error... suck too.. ur music is awesome for recording in an attic... i don't care what that almightypancake guy has to say. hope you keep the music comin... its tit sauce

Big Burn

Smash Lord
****... some harsh reviews indeed... thats cool though... constructive criticism is always welcome

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
I like it so far but...eheh....Try to stay on beat ><

Great lyrics though, made me laugh in a few spots. Haha.

And yeah, this would be better with a low bass beat in there also...unlees it's to low for me to hear, i have bad hearing XD.

Nice start though!...(...)

P Diddy Smash

Smash Apprentice
yo noone be postin on this thread anymore... wassup w/ that... big burn's got some cool music... those of you that check this thread... tell your friends, ask them what they think of the smash song... i personally enjoy it

Zodiac

Smash Master
rap is well, bad, but props for making a song about smash, its got good lyrics too, especially the breakdown.

TURF

Smash Cadet
the beat is slap in fact all your beats are slap my nilla but you sound like you're trying too hard to sound unique when you should just feel the music..sorry if im wrong lol

the chorus on otown rollin is so hard =]

Big Burn

Smash Lord
well thats good that u like o town rolling... i actually called the ip relay today and made them leave a voicemail of the rap and its probably the funniest thing i have ever heard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom