• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash O'Clock hosted by PSFM - Geneva, IL

Hindawg

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to say it was nice meeting and playing everyone, I never get the chance to play more than one person in a given day so this was both fun and challenging.

Thanks Oro for telling me that Luigi's Down B is rechargeable. it has helped immensely, I thought it was just random whether or not you floated with it. Also, I took the advice of someone there, don't remember who, and I've been doing more wavedash -> j/c grab as oposed to wavedash -> down smash/F tilt, (although i still use ftilt a lot). I'm debating whether or not I should go play on Sat. in Glen Ellyn, if anyone wants to play before Saturday I would be interested.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think were smashing thursday night. Probably my house. Idk exactly, but if there is interest there will be smash.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Yea no problem Hindawg. It always does help getting practice in on an assortment of human players vs CPUs and 1 friend ;)

I am down for smash anytime this week. Going to be busy Saturday night after the tourney though.

Quaz

Smash Master
Sveet I remember abdollah. He doesnt like to smash as much though. I mean he likes the game but he prefers to play other things the majority of the time. I dont blame him, other games are fun. Just dont be expecting to play much smash at all.

I wonder how that guy is doing? he sure had character.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
me and abdallah met back in 2006 at MLG chicago and weve been friends since. I know what were gonna do, but its just for funzies and to hang out. Like what PSFM does half the time we "smash".

but i cant go now cause i work 1-close on sunday :(

edit: and i can house you dart, but only thursday night cause im pretty busy.

ORLY

Smash Master
I can put you up Friday night, Dart. We'll just keep handing you off so it doesn't get dull for you.

Also: I have a multitude of Luigi tips for fledgling Luigi players, if they're interested.

P.P.S. - Even if you're not planning on entering singles on Saturday, it is great practice to come and play everyone. IMO the best in the Midwest is IL. Use it!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
P.P.S. - Even if you're not planning on entering singles on Saturday, it is great practice to come and play everyone. IMO the best in the Midwest is IL. Use it!
Kyle told me pretty much the same thing, so I might show up to play some friendlies and get owned. It sounds like a good day to me. :)

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
yo, i saw some vids from sWeet tourney in mich...wow. kids have been training hard! completely differently players.

i've been using a lot of marth here...but i think he sucks mad donkey balls against falcon. i still struggle against the captain. i can't rely on any tech skill anymore! when i get back train me up, guys. i'm scrubtastic now : (

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
yo, i saw some vids from sWeet tourney in mich...wow. kids have been training hard! completely differently players.

i've been using a lot of marth here...but i think he sucks mad donkey balls against falcon. i still struggle against the captain. i can't rely on any tech skill anymore! when i get back train me up, guys. i'm scrubtastic now : (
Who is any good over there Ray?

Dart!

Smash Master

I can teach you to Marth vs Falcon

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I have a feeling ray chun will be on top of the power ranking when he gets back because everyone is so sheik weak these days

_J!

Smash Cadet
I might be out and about, but if you're playing smash tonight anywhere near geneva/elgin/st.charles or whatever lemme know. 630.877.6934

ORLY

Smash Master
I still feel sickkkkkkk. I hope I will not have to wear a surgical mask this weekend to protect everyone from my disease.

P.S. - yes no one likes sheiks they're so gay

ORLY

Smash Master
i believe it takes more than a few hours of smashing in the same room to get someone sick. more likely, i already was a little sick and it was agitated by the cold and my incessant smoking.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I am hosting! Come any time after 5 and give me a call when you are here.

My home internet decided to go out around noon so I haven't been able to check here. Using my phone cause it doesn't appear to be going up any time soon.

Jay my address is in the first post, as well as my cell number.

Hindawg

Smash Journeyman
If I come I will be playing serious because that will help me judge whether or not I should even bother going on saturday. I left some cords at looshkins so if I go I will only have a few things.

Could someone post within the next 2 hours with a general idea of how many people will be here

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
confirmed list: myself, kyle, nick

Pretty sure:
Orly, ryan, jay

Not sure but always welcome:
Hindawg, dave, virsath, griff, everyone who was there on tuesday

_J!

Smash Cadet
I have to finish making dinner (nothing left but a mushroom sauce once the mushrooms arrive), eat, and put some **** in the laundry. That being said, I have no idea when I'm leaving. I hope to be there by 8 at the latest, but god only knows.

Top Bottom