• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Nation 2!! AKA "Carroll-fest" Results are up!!

PGH Carroll

Smash Master

Results
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304441

Back and doing it bigger then ever before!! this is the second installment in the smash nation series and is it gonna be D-D-DOPE SON!!!
STARTING OFF THE SUMMER RIGHT! open to all! this tourney is gonna feature pittsburgh smashers and out of state hype your not gonna want to miss this!

Venue:
Perters Palce Restaurant
1199 Washington Pike
Bridgeville, PA 15017

Players attending: (updated 5/23)

1. D.A. Carroll (AKA Nicholas Rage)
2. SilentSWAG
3. Taki
4. D20
5. the Lake
6. Lon
7. Nakamaru
8. Elder
9. SLAMUS
10. Vudujin
11. D.A. Freeway
12. Cobalt
13. Laudandus
14. Boon
15. Syick
16. Stienbock
17. Raj$
18. Ambix
19. CABC
20. A-Laon
21. Gouda
22. KittyMW
23. Inferioritycomplex
24. Jimmyfoso
25. Dempt
26. Impp
27. Klob?
28. Nadim the Dream
29. Shiv
30. ROH
31. SMD
32. Get Low
33. Jarvitz
34. M@v
35. And Guy
36. Frank desu
37. Ju4n + friends
38. Buford + friends
39. Krazyknucks + WV!?
40. Argent stew?
41. Skyson <3
42. Puppet master
43. ROH
44. Tite
45. Saint + 2
46. Vanz!
47. Unknown522!
48. Weon X
49. Raynex!
50. Kirbykaze
51. JMO
52. Mozz
+at least 10 kids from my school

SCHEDULE: (as of now.. subject to change)
10am Doors open
12pm registation for doubles
1pm doubles Bracket
3pm registation for singles
4pm singles pools
6pm singles Bracket
9pm tourny ends
10pm venue closes

FOOD
there will be free sloppy joes and chip n'nat!
also theres mad things in walking distance. eatnpark arbys wendys tacobell kfc ect.

RULES AND ENTRY:
Venue fee - $5 (free with a full set up!! discounts - TV[-$3] & cube+melee[-$2])
Singles fee - $10
Doubles fee - $5 each ($10 per team)

General Rules:

MELEE
Neutrals 1v1:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
WOBBLING IS BANNED

BRAWL​
Unity ruleset

1.3 Stocks
2.8 Minute Time Limit
3.Items set to "Off" and "None"
4.All infinites are legal.
5.Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
6.There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
7.The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
8.Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
9.If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
◦In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
◦If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

also for doubles

1.Team Attack set to "On"
2.Life stealing is allowed.
3.In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
4.In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
5.If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Stage List

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshis island (brawl)
Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks:
Halberd
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Payouts:
Singles/Teams Payouts
(if under 30)
* 1st = 60%
* 2nd = 30%
* 3rd = 10%
(if over 30)
*1st = 50%
*2nd = 25%
*3rd = 15%
*4th = 10%
(if over 50)
*1st = 45%
*2nd = 25%
*3rd = 15%
*4th = 10%
*5th = 2.5%
*5th = 2.5%

SETUPS/EQUIPMENT :
To help the tournament run smoothly the more TV's and Cubes/Wiis he better! if you bring a TV and cube/wii with melee your venue fee will be waived. TVs are -$3 cubes/wiis+melee disc are -$2

TVS (goal = 15)
1 Me
2 Me
3 Me
4 Me
5 Lon
6 Venue
7 Freeway
8 Freeway
9 impp
10 jarvitz
11 puppet master
12 Vudujin
13 Vudujin
14 Vudujin
15 Vudujin
16 Vudujin

Wii/cube+DISC (goal = 15)

Melee=9 brawl=4

1 Me (wii) (brawl)
2 Me (cube) (Melee)
3 Me (cube) (Melee)
4 Lon (cube) (melee)
5 freeway (wii) (brawl)
6 freeway (cube) (melee)
7 elder (cube) (melee)
8 KittyMW (?) (melee)
9 Klob (?) (melee)
10 Impp (cube) (melee)
11 jarvitz (wii) (brawl)
12 puppetmaster (cube) (melee)
13 boon (wii) (brawl)

LAST TOURNEY INFO:
Results:
Melee Singles
1st Lon
2nd Silent Swag
3rd Tyler Wilps

Melee Doubles
1st Lon & Boon
2nd Stanley & Silent Swag
3rd Murk & Aj Campbell

Brawl Singles
1st SMD
2nd Boon
3rd Tyler Wilps

Brawl Doubles
1st Boon & Aj Campbell
2nd Tyler Wilps & Silent Swag
3rd D-White & borra

Pictures: (taken by the lovely emily ♥) PICS

Any Questions. Pm or text my cell
412 583 5180
HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL HERE!!! <333
See More

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I'll only make it if I can get one of those pro tournament t-shirts pictured. Also a NCSon T would be legit.

Also change my tag to D.A. Freeway AKA D.A. ReadySetGo AKA D.A. Friend of D.A. Axe.

Life

Smash Hero
Gonna try to make this one. Don't play Melee that often (I'm the only pseudo-serious smasher I know IRL besides the people I talked to at hope2, so it's all lolBrawlwifi in terms of playing with other humans, and I haven't even been keeping up with that well) so naturally I'll get crushed, but it should be worth going. No guarantees tho.

Also, venue name is mangled in the OP.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Yeah dude we'd love to see ya here! As of now it's just gonna be melee but I know some people around here also want to do brawl as well.. We'll see how that goes. This tourny is also gonna be alot of peoples first. So you'll be alright my man. hope to see ya here.

LLDL

Smash Hero
So I assume Pittsburgh won't be coming to Zenith then lol.

Life

Smash Hero
I can confirm I have at least one IRL friend that will come for Brawl if it is added. Of course, this also happened at /hope.....

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Yeah.. Some day as zenith.
I had to switch the date like three times and got stuck with this date just to realize that it's the same day.

Hoping that we get alot of OH to this since I assume that a car ride of 1-2 hours is alot better then a 7-9 hour drive to zenith.

Also I'll be doing brawl. (I was at a brawl tourny recently and really enjoyed it. Loooool) although I know nothing about the brawl community around here.. (is there such a thing!?)
I believe lain is gonna make it out here too So even more of a reason to have it.

Life

Smash Hero
Also I'll be doing brawl. (I was at a brawl tourny recently and really enjoyed it. Loooool) although I know nothing about the brawl community around here.. (is there such a thing!?)
I believe lain is gonna make it out here too So even more of a reason to have it.
Brawl community as far as SWF-goers is like 3-4 people, LOL

But we had a decent turnout at /hope so eh.

Hopefully I'll use a name easier to spell than Incom, lol.

KittyMW

Smash Apprentice
Gonna be at this for sure gonna request off for it 2moro and itll be a **** way to spend the weekend before i turn 21 =D

Life

Smash Hero
I can live with Unity, but /hope2 ruleset was WAAAAAY better

EDIT: Looking back I can't believe I made this post without mentioning one-stock food, but this is Pittsburgh and lol

Life

Smash Hero
I FEEL THE HYPE MOVE UNDER MY FEET
I FEEL THE SMASH TUMBLIN' DOWN, TUMBLIN' DOWN

(yeah, I'm in that kind of mood right now)

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
good ish my people! one month hype
and jarvitz you live close!? lets play some brawl some time.
i know like 50 melee players around here and like 2 brawl players.
im tired of beating all my friends and everyone at my mall. looooooooooooooooooool

M@v

Subarashii!
I'll see what I can do. I don't see why I won't be able to make it out here to help ya out/enter. Hell I might enter melee even though im meh-ish at it.....who am I kidding, im horrid at melee LOL. Oh well.

Top Bottom