• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASH! Minnesota II: Avalanche Results

kevo

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for coming to SMASH! Minnesota II, everyone. The tournament was really successful and the competition was fierce. We had entrants from several states and really exciting sets. I hope everyone had lots of fun and got lots of friendlies in. Sorry we never have enough time to do Brawl doubles.

Brawl Singles
The bracket for Brawl wasn't saved for some reason (it is only halfway complete when I opened it) so RRR and Near helped me fill it out. If anything is wrong, let me know. Shoutouts to RRR and Near.

20 Entrants $200.00 pot

1: YoshQ ($120.00) :luigibrawl:
2: Near ($60.00) :toonlinkbrawl:
3: Moe ($20.00) :marthbrawl: :falcobrawl:
4: Breezy :ganonbrawl:
5: RRR :kirbybrawl:
5: sin242 :icsbrawl: :olimarbrawl:
7: Deepak :wariobrawl:
7: Heath :zssbrawl: :dkbrawl:
9: Kyle :marthbrawl:
9: Amanze :pitbrawl:
9: Xeelt :falcobrawl:
9: CrossFadingRage :snakebrawl:
13: Eshu :nessbrawl:
13: Kai
13: Maxy B :peachbrawl:
13: Collin
17: Quintin
17: Zeke
17: Kujo
17: Bryce

[COLLAPSE="Bracket image"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Melee Doubles

12 Entrants $120.00 pot

1: RRR + Bluezaft ($84.00)
2: Deepak + Flux ($24.00)
3: Don P + Amanze ($12.00)
4: YoshQ + Crossfading Rage
5: Bryce + Grant
5: Wake + Seed
7: Mooka + Spark
7: Kval + Nate
9: Theo + Zeke
9: Breezy + Maxy B
9: kevo + Monk
9: Fear + Kat

[/COLLAPSE]

Melee Singles

25 Entrants (3 waived entrance fees, $50 pot bonus) $270.00 pot

1: Chexr ($135.00) :marthmelee: :foxmelee:
2: Deepak ($67.50) :sheikmelee: :mariomelee:
3: Bluezaft ($40.50) :marthmelee: :jigglypuffmelee:
4: Don P ($27.00) :dkmelee: :foxmelee: :falcomelee:
5: Wake :peachmelee:
5: Moe :falcomelee:
7: Amanze :samusmelee:
7: Luca :falconmelee:
9: RRR :kirbymelee:
9: Ocho :foxmelee:
9: Maxy B :zeldamelee:
9: Flux :foxmelee: :marthmelee:
13: YoshQ :marthmelee:
13: Breezy :ganonmelee:
13: Nate :falconmelee:
13: Bryce :jigglypuffmelee:
17: Fear :icsmelee:
17: kevo :marthmelee:
17: Seed :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
17: Kval :marthmelee:
17: Lightsoutace :sheikmelee:
17: Monk :younglinkmelee:
17: standardtoaster :sheikmelee:
17: Theo :marthmelee:
25: Crossfadingrage :falconmelee:

[/COLLAPSE]

Also, I picked up a black controller at the venue. I think Xeelt said it was his. I have it, PM me.

Videos will be up later this week.

Wake

Smash Master
Shout outs:

Breezy- You're better than I thought you'd be! Good games!

Luca- Glad we finally got to play again! I finally beat you on PS. :awesome:

Chexr- Maaaan! I'm gonna win pretty soon here I can feel it! Minor set back minor set back. :embarrass:

Seed- Good games, especially in doubles. We can win next time.

Deepak- Man you were on fire today! I told ya to go Sheik against me! She's just so annoying. I think I'm on a Sheik losing streak lately. I lost to all the Sheiks at Apex and your Sheik. Good job against Bluezaft! You should've just won the whole dang tournament! :smirk:

Bluezaft- Kinda salty I didn't get a rematch with you. I wanted to see at least if I could've done better than the last SMASH. Oh well. Next time? :woman:

Max- We only played one friendly. :urg:

Flux- My goodness! We actually didn't play this time! :p

Randall- Cmon man! You can take Deepak! :mad:

Kevo- You host awesome tournaments! I can't wait until the next one!

Anyone I forgot... mahhh bad. :)

Did breezy go ZSS or ganon?
I regret not having entered Brawl singles and leaving before getting in on some melee singles.

Enjoyed the tourney.

AurosuunFlame

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts from Near:

1: YoshQ ($120.00): Holy *** i got bodied. I feel like getting so impatient really hurt me alot in our sets, but you still did a really good job at limiting options and stuff. Dem upsmashes. GGs

3: Moe ($20.00): Those sets were sooooo hard, **** falco. I felt really bad edgehogging you so many times, but it had to be done lol. GGs, crazy intense sets.

4: Breezy: wow @ beating sin, how does ganon beat oli and ICs? Best ganon.

5: RRR: This was like the first tourney in forever we didn't have to play lol, was nice seeing you though, sad we didn't get to do doubles :(

5: sin242: You'll get em next time champ.

7: Deepak: The true champion.

7: Heath: Holy **** watching you in melee was so fun, that DK!

9: Kyle: THE BEST MARTH!?!?!?

9: Amanze: Didn't see much of you at this, would've liked to play friendlies or somethin.

9: Xeelt: Your falco is getting alot better. keep at it.

13: Maxy B: 8 stocks in that team match though? MAXXXYYYY BBBBBBB. You're like one of my favorite mn smashers, so fun to be around.

Everyone else: Was nice seeing you ect, really fun tourney.
-----

Edit: Char usage for brawl singles, lets see....

1: YoshQ ($120.00) :luigi2:
2: Near ($60.00) :toonlink:
3: Moe ($20.00) :marth: / :falco:
4: Breezy :ganondorf:
5: RRR :kirby2:
5: sin242 :popo: / :olimar:
7: Deepak :wario:
7: Heath :zerosuitsamus: / :dk2:
9: Kyle :marth:
9: Amanze :pit:
9: Xeelt :falco:
9: CrossFadingRage
13: Eshu :ness:
13: Kai
13: Maxy B :peach:
13: Collin
17: Quintin
17: Zeke
17: Kujo
17: Bryce

Thats all i really remember.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I thought Maxy B used Diddy

shoutouts to seed for johning during our set and to those i played in friendlies or said YL is weird :D

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
brawl is more fun than melee to me right now tbh... unless im playing falcon in melee then its superr fun XD

1: Chexr - That was a fun half of a friendly we got in l0l good work tho, you are so good ugh!
2: Deepak - You have been impressing me a lot in smash/all games lately... soo smarttt. and good job in teams!! we got the gold next time! :O
3: Bluezaft - Fun teams matches.. normally im not scared of marth in teams but with yours i deff was loll ggs
4: Don P - Fun teams matches and ****king great come back in our set ftw... SO GOOD im still replaying it in my head right now XD
5: Wake - I was thinking that too how we didnt play for once lmao... gg
5: Moe - Great set in singles breh... always a blast to play you. gg
7: Amanze - HOE, hustled me for $4
7: Luca - Falcon FFA so fun lmfao
9: RRR - Fun sets in teams... ggs
9: Ocho - Nice seein u man
9: Maxy B - Same to u breh
9: Flux - .
13: YoshQ - Nice job in brawl i guess.. fun chillin smokin a cig wit ya l0l
13: Breezy - Same as the above haha.. fun chillin in general breh

cutting it off there cuz i gtg and neer do shoutouts normally anyways!! PEACE

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Add Fox to Deepak's Melee characters. I'm Bryce--he used Fox against me in bracket. It hurt. But in a good way. :p Thanks for the games, Deepak--you're downright frightening. Getting bodied by you was some of the most fun I had all day.

Bluezaft and RRR: You guys were super fun to play against in doubles--thanks for the friendlies pre-bracket. Grant and I look forward to playing you again, and scoring some singles friendlies too. Also, Bluezaft--Falcon-for-alls FTW.

YoshQ and Crossfading Rage: Good stuff. Again, we had fun, and hope to play you guys again sometime.

Flux: Good games. Second match was intense--I've got no regrets. So help me, I'll get your Fox next time. ... or the time after... or the time after that, lol.

Anyone else: <3 because Melee.

I gotta make sure not to miss these. They're about my only chance to play people that are actually... y'know, good. :p

kevo

Smash Journeyman
Everyone I didn't get to friendly because I was too busy TO'ing, sorry. I swear next time I will try to play more people. If anyone wants to Melee, just send me a text (my phone number is in the tourney thread) or PM. I have lots of free time, lol.

Full shoutouts later

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
shoutouts to only having to pay $3 for pizza!

also, Kevo, i dont think you gave me or st $5 refund thingy for the setups used throughout the entire tournament

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
9th in Brawl Singles, 4th in Melee doubles and 25th in Melee singles? Not bad for my second tourney...We'll get 'em next time YoshQ. And singles is gonna need some work! Falcon FFA's FTW!

edit: I was Snake in Brawl singles.

Kujo~

Smash Rookie
First tourney? First tourney. It was a fun one, no doubt about that. Entering doubles with Bryce/Habefiet was definitely new, but a great experience, and that doubles match v. RRR and Bluezaft was pretty sweet.

Also - I don't think I've ever had more fun than the Falcon-offs and the doubles bracket v. Nate and Kval. XD

I had a great time, and I'm definitely looking forward to the next one I can make it to.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Kevo - Thanks for hosting. Doing commentary was really fun, it makes me wanna go to the next MN tournament for some more.
YoshQ - That last combo in Brawl was ridiculous.
CrossFadingRage - I am your rival! Keep improving and you might get me next time.
Ocho - If only I had camped harder I could've gotten 9th place...
RRR- Your Kirby is too good. I'll figure it out one of these days.
Deepak - DAT MARIO
Breezy - You're a chill-*** dude, Arby's was pretty hilarious.

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
LightsOutAce - I will get you next time for sure. Time to practice up on Sheik combos :)
YoshQ - Good job winning. We'll get Melee doubles next time.
RRR - Best kirby I've seen (the only one I've seen)
Kevo - Fun playing friendlies and thanks for hosting a good tourney.
Breezy - Refer to LOA's post :)
Hope to see you all at the next Smash MN

kevo

Smash Journeyman
1: Chexr ($135.00) Congrats on winning, thanks for showing up and reminding us who owns this state. :p
2: Deepak ($67.50) Beast. Good job beating Wake and Bluezaft. You were a monster. Also, dat Mario. +respect.
3: Bluezaft ($40.50) Trashed me in bracket lol. Good showing though. Glad I managed to get your parking validated. Sorry if the commentary was annoying, next time we'll get the streaming better so we don't have to yell.
4: Don P ($27.00) DK too good, nerf DK.
5: Wake 5th? Come on, Wake, learn that Sheik matchup! We didn't send you to Apex for nuthin' ;)
5: Moe Brawl and Melee high finishes? Jack of all trades, haha. We didn't get to play, but I hope you had fun! :)
7: Amanze Minnesota has too many blueprints, but not enough architects. Good job on 7th.
7: Luca Didn't get to play. Man, I need to do less TO stuff and more friendlies, but I worry about the tournament and I can't focus lol *TO johns*
9: RRR Thanks for helping me fill out the Brawl bracket. We have never played outside of tourney. PM me and we should smash sometime :)
9: Ocho Good stuff, Ocho. You always have a ride to my tourneys.
9: Maxy B Didn't get to talk or play. :(
9: Flux Glad you got your jacket back.
13: YoshQ We were both sooooo out of it in P:M.
13: Breezy Show up to more of these!
13: Nate I am so salty about our set, arrrrgghhh. I'll get you next time. And I'll ban FD :(
13: Bryce We should smash sometime! PM/text me!
17: Fear Never got to play. I've never played an Icies main, so I'm kinda mad. Promise North Dakota comes to the next one?
17: kevo Stay free, kevo.
17: Seed Good job in teams! Keep that Falco up!
17: Kval Didn't get to talk or play. :(
17: Lightsoutace Fun commentary. I swear I'll have the stream fixed for next tourney.
17: Monk Too bad we didn't do good in teams :( Thanks for showing up with all your setups, tho!
17: standardtoaster You guys rule. Thanks for all the setups/PM!
17: Theo Good games. You Fsmash too much. Marth dittos are really unforgiving if you make a mistake. Work on spacing and edgeguarding. You've gotten much better, though! :)
25: Crossfadingrage Sorry about your placing, lol. You were the only one who wasn't in a part of the bracket with a bye :/

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If you guys played on the TV that was on the big screen projector, then it should be recorded. If you played on any other TV, then probably not.

kevo

Smash Journeyman
Sorry videos are taking a long time... the videos didn't record at full speed for some reason and the audio shifts tempo and gets out of sync. I'm trying to fix it, but I am literally manually trying to warp audio back to sync with video. Give me a bit.

MurdaMoe

Smash Ace
near-good **** beating me twice.. i felt so confused both sets for some reason lmaooo.. u have inspired me to play tl

rrr- l0lllll why are u 4th in melee again....?

yoshq- u know if we plyed i woulda waxed dat ***. gj winning. we gonna **** jokers

breezy - good job winning 2 100-0 matchups. too bad it doesnt mean much cause hes not a good player l0l

kyle- ima rise up dem rankings breh

deepak - gj as usual...douche

chexr- real tough guy over here going fox vs mario.. tryhard

wake- lucky i didnt play u.. woulda exposed that dmashing peach (smirk)

kevo thanks for hosting man!!! hope u continue these!!!

everyone else i played ggs. was a really fun tourney!
<3 MN

kevo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah sorry guys. I tried but it's impossible to sync the audio. The rate of the audio literally just randomly wavers and goes out of sync no matter what I do. I'll have the videos up later this week without sound.

The commentary was stupid anyway. :p

yoshq

Smash Master
2: Near ($60.00) - I told ya not to come back... or i'd get in dat ***! you see what happens when you main a floaty character??
3: Moe ($20.00) - yeahh stupid marth.
4: Breezy - <3
5: RRR - ggs, until next time
5: sin242 - sad we didn't get to **** *****es up
9: Kyle - fun cig related times
9: Xeelt - please give me those replays if you're not going to upload them.
13: Maxy B - <3

naw but can i start calling u lil b1ch? ;)
lol Moe, excel is a lot taller and blacker than you'll ever be,

Triple R

Smash Lord
Shout outs

1: YoshQ - ggs. Good job taking first. You're getting better in Melee. You and Crossfadingrage did surprisingly well in dubs too.

2: Near - Yeah, didn't get to play this tourney, strange. And we didn't get to rock it in dubs either. With as good as you were playing, we would have had it in the bag.

3: Moe - Close matches in both Brawl and Melee. Good stuff as always.

4: Breezy - Good job beating Sin. One of the few times we didn't play in a tourney.

5: sin242 - Kinda wish I saw your set against Breezy to see what went on. Shake it off. It shouldn't take much to do better next time from someone like you .

7: Deepak - ggs in Melee. After you got into loser's a little ways it looked like you were playing really well.

7: Heath - Good games in teams.

9: Kyle - Good set in Brawl. Got to play you a lot in Melee teams too.

9: Amanze - Good matches in teams. Otherwise didn't play.

9: Xeelt - Didn't really see any of your matches.

9: CrossFadingRage - Fun matches. I was doing my stuff. Hammer seemed to get the best of your Snake a lot. Until next time.

13: Eshu - Fun friendlies beforehand. Didn't really see your matches. I'm assuming someone picked you up early because I didn't really see you leave at all.

13: Kai - Did we play? Maybe friendlies next time?

13: Maxy B - Not sure I saw your matches either.

13: Collin - Prodigy Brawl Kid repping ROB.

17: Kujo - Fun matches in Melee dubs.

17: Bryce - See Kujo.

1: Chexr - Didn't play. Good job on first.

3: Bluezaft - Thanks for teaming with me. We worked pretty well when you were going Marth. Good job on 3rd.

5: Wake - Didn't plat at all. Learn the Sheik matchup!

7: Luca - Fun friendlies aftwerwards.

9: Ocho - Fun friendlies afterwards. You were relentless with the shine spikes. I guess I just got used to people letting me recover. Thanks for reminding me.

17: kevo - Thanks for hosting these! Can't wait to see the vids. Will dub vids be put up? There weren't last time. That's my request. Thanks for organizing these. And yeah, maybe friendies at the next one.

17: Seed - Prodigy Melee Kid!

17: Kval - Cool meeting new people. I could tell you were a little thrown off by Kirby. Keep up the Fox.

17: Lightsoutace - Probably would have been better if you had played someone else from MN since I played a bunch of friendlies with you that one time. My Kirby is tricky though. Got my anti-Sheik strats. See you around.

17: Monk - Thanks for coming. Didn't play though.

17: standardtoaster - See Monk.

Fun tourney overall. Can't wait for the next one.

-Nate-

Smash Rookie
Pretty rad tourney, guys! I think you'll definitely see more of Fargo/Moorhead at some point. Things I learned from this first tournament:

1. FD (sorry kevo) and DL64 are my friends.
2. Comparatively to other players, our group is quite loud. Treatin' tourney sets as friendlies. Haha.
3. Bring food or money for food. Ughhh.
4. I should learn to play another character besides Falcon.

Thanks to everyone I played. I wish I could remember all the names and stuff to make a proper shout-out list!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Thanks to everyone I played. I wish I could remember all the names and stuff to make a proper shout-out list!
Do what I do sometimes at tournaments; make a list on your phone, ipod, etc. with all the shoutouts you want to post. Then when the results thread is made, you can just cut and past your list.

Top Bottom