• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash, Crash n Brawwl! Sydney's newest Brawl/Melee Smash Tournament! 24/5/08

forky

Smash Apprentice
bjay i play metaknight now and i wouldve come second i had friendlies with everyone around you in the rankings and sandbagged with all of them and still won, i even sandbagged in the swiss and the only reason i lost a match was cause i played kulla and then i had to play him again in the single elim, it was stupid as hell... i'd like to say i'd play you sometime but i dont really feel as if i can be ****ed coming to sydney to play smash anymore.
Easily the lamest thing i've ever seen posted by you. Ever.

Dedu

Smash Lord
he's trash talking mate.

I always thought netch was jaz's long lost bruthaaaa!
I wub that shirt!

I was to get a 'gifted' shirt fer last saturday but the shops never had the rite size!

unreon

Smash Ace
nah wifi sucks, me and my room mate put my brawl disc in the microwave like 3 weeks ago... so i dont even have it.
I can't believe nobody has asked WHYYY DID HE DO THAT?!

Great how everyone had fun even without me =( I wants ter play Melee again because I don't even have Brawl yet :/

Turtle don't rage at the tournament, it went how it went and the same rules applied to everyone so just shrug it off and smile it off like thiiiiis :D

BJay have some more confidence in your abilities don't give us this "I just try my best" crap because you sound like a monologue from Naruto - you placed well, you deserved it, suck it in man.

And are Jaz and Gibs brothers or something? If not, my mind is blown out of this ****ing world O_o

Bjay

Smash Lord
LMAO, owned, twice. by jason and jaz :p

i doooo jasonn, but trust me, i have lots of flukes sometimes :p but yeahh i see where you're coming from especially once you brought the naruto monologue into it haha :p but yeah i also think i deserved it ^_^ thanks <3

jaz - i was sleepy and tired :( Look at the time I posted that! I blame the tourney finishing 2 and a half hours after schedule :)

Anyway here I shall fix this:

Quick SCAB results. Stu, are you going to get the full results? I'm curious about some things.

Melee Doubles

1. CAOTIC + Bringer (Team Cute)
2. Kulla + Bjay (The Truth About Luigi)
3. Jaz + ComboTurtle (Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Jaz)
4. S.D. + Jelly (STD)

Melee Singles

1. CAOTIC (VIC)
2. Bringer (WA)
3. Kulla (NSW)
4. Bjay (NSW)

Brawl Doubles

1. Kulla + Bjay (The Truth About Luigi)
2. CAOTIC + Bringer (Team Cute)
3. Bojak + Sig (Team F*** You)
4. sorry forgot

Brawl Singles

1. Kulla (NSW)
2. CAOTIC (VIC)
3. Bjay (NSW)
4. perpetual_ownage (NSW)[/QUOTE]

---

there i fixed your team name, and remembered who came 4th for Melee Teams ;)

Still can't remember 4th place Brawl teams though lol.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
I can't believe nobody has asked WHYYY DID HE DO THAT?!

Great how everyone had fun even without me =( I wants ter play Melee again because I don't even have Brawl yet :/

Turtle don't rage at the tournament, it went how it went and the same rules applied to everyone so just shrug it off and smile it off like thiiiiis :D

BJay have some more confidence in your abilities don't give us this "I just try my best" crap because you sound like a monologue from Naruto - you placed well, you deserved it, suck it in man.

And are Jaz and Gibs brothers or something? If not, my mind is blown out of this ****ing world O_o

saying that is stupid, cause not everyone had to play the only player that could beat them in single elim therefor the results were wrong and i put the disc in the microwave cause it was a burnt copy of the game and therefor didnt cost much, else i wouldve sold it or kept it or something, besides i need the u.s full version.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
turtle...**** happens man. unfortunately, if it didnt happen to you itd happen to someone else.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
CUUTED! I wish I was there to be cuute with everyone :) Hope it was fun and well done to all - even the person who placed last (results aren't everything :))

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
xenopost: oh, it was single elimination, like knockout stylez? yeah thats kinda dumb. i retract my previous statement, turtle kinda has a point. not regarding the "i could have done better" deal, but....with single elim....yeah....bad way to run a tournament.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Apparently, they are to some people I know in the smash scene Shaz.

Results are not in yet coz I haven't managed to get in contact with Brinton.
Stop nagging, I will post them up asap.

As for photos, where is my **** camera?
Kulla, post yours up before everyone gets zzz's around here! (esp ChickenSalad)

ps: Xenoposts are gay. lrn2edit.
Its easy to see. There's an edit button at the bottom of your last post.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
stu....i need to get my postcount up. im like the 2nd oldest active sydney smasher (as far as i know) and i have small posties lulul. xenopost ftw.

Bjay

Smash Lord
huh nagging? :/// I asked the first time, and there was no response, so I asked again, very nicely (and only my 2nd time too), and just to make sure, incase you didn't see it, as my recent posts in here have been nothing but wall of texts.

Yeah fonti, we've never had to resort to a single elim before.

Dedu

Smash Lord
D4mn, there's a moth on my screen!
Get it off! Get it off!

*goes back on topic*
Unless you'd like to get a
bjay
an' get ur posts up to the thousands! ;-)

Bjay

Smash Lord
D4mn, there's a moth on my screen!
Get it off! Get it off!

*goes back on topic*
Unless you'd like to get a
bjay
an' get ur posts up to the thousands! ;-)
lol.

wtf moths? hopefully those huge group of black moths won't be back again like they were..(when was it again?)

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
has anyone realised that spiders have started...cheating? / hacking? they build webs in the middle of nowhere....

Dedu

Smash Lord
I wub those moths! They are like sooo awesome! Get a bunch of them in your hands, nonchalantly walk into a lecture, and release those moths when the teacher bores the class to death!

Not on my screen of course. *>_> <_< >_>*
Don't forget to cover your mouth when you yawn.
Those moths have a habit of flying into your mouth. :D

Bjay

Smash Lord
Woo, with a little help from Defiled I've the last piece to the quick SCAB results! Cheers bud!

So here we go, all complete :)

Melee Doubles

4. S.D. + Jelly (STD)

Melee Singles

1. CAOTIC (VIC)
2. Bringer (WA)
3. Kulla (NSW)
4. Bjay (NSW)

Brawl Doubles

4. Meteor + Defiled (WE Got This)

Brawl Singles

1. Kulla (NSW)
2. CAOTIC (VIC)
3. Bjay (NSW)
4. perpetual_ownage (NSW)

--

Awesome, that looks nice!

Bjay

Smash Lord
Woo, with a little help from Defiled I've the last piece to the quick SCAB results! Cheers bud!

So here we go, all complete :)

Melee Doubles

4. S.D. + Jelly (STD)

Melee Singles

1. CAOTIC (VIC)
2. Bringer (WA)
3. Kulla (NSW)
4. Bjay (NSW)

Brawl Doubles

4. Meteor + Defiled (WE Got This)

Brawl Singles

1. Kulla (NSW)
2. CAOTIC (VIC)
3. Bjay (NSW)
4. perpetual_ownage (NSW)

--

Awesome, that looks nice!
fonti - S.D. and Jelly are Smashers from Newcastle.

Bojak is one of Meteor's friends

and sig is adiabatic on Smashboards

EDIT - WTF i quoted fonti not myself :/

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
hahahahaha bjay

kinda like me playing using the handle "BJAY"

lol @ after u dying in one of our ffa's - u saying "go bjay!"

Bjay

Smash Lord
Okay I finally uploaded them, so here they are, Brawl matches - Brawl Doubles Finals and Brawl Singles Vids

Brawl Doubles Finals:

CAOTIC/Bringer Vs Kulla/Bjay (Match 1)

CAOTIC/Bringer Vs Kulla/Bjay (Match 2)

CAOTIC/Bringer Vs Kulla/Bjay (Match 3)

Brawl Singles Finals:

Kulla (Meta Knight) Vs CAOTIC (Wolf) Match 1

Kulla (Luigi) Vs CAOTIC (Bowser) Match 2

Kulla (Meta Knight) Vs CAOTIC (Peach) Match 3

--

Enjoy. Apparently Melee and Brawl matches were supposed to be filmed via comp/dvd thingamajig? But yeah, guess that never happened.

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
Good job to everyone who helped make this a pretty good tournament. Everyone from the Hornsby area (2t, Exarch, Eddy, IGIF and myself) enjoyed it a lot. It was nice seeing some of you guys again from RAMBO, and meeting others. Looking forward to the next Sydney tournament!

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
Hey!! Me and Syn aren't too far from Hornsby. We should organise some sort of Meet.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
oh, so that's your crew SS Ben? You guys were fun to play, I didn't have any time to play you guys at Rambo, especially IGIF who asked me to play him but had to say no. So i'm glad I got to you you guys this time. I'll make sure we'll play more next time

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
Hey!! Me and Syn aren't too far from Hornsby. We should organise some sort of Meet.
Yeah, definately, sounds good.

oh, so that's your crew SS Ben? You guys were fun to play, I didn't have any time to play you guys at Rambo, especially IGIF who asked me to play him but had to say no. So i'm glad I got to you you guys this time. I'll make sure we'll play more next time
Yeah, IGIF was pretty happy he got to have a few matches with you this time. Unfortunately 2t and I didn't get a match with you (you were pretty tied up with finals and stuff) even though we're probably the most experienced out of our group that came :p. Next time though.

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
*Sees Self*

*is mortified at how stoned One can appear*

EDIT: YOU GUYS TOTALLY SHOULD HAVE TAKEN ME TO THE JAPANESE RESTAURANT I HAVE A KNACK FOR FLIRTING WITH JAPANESE WAITRESSES

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
Tourney was awesome, can't wait til the next one. Well done to Dedu and everyone else who contributed to its organisaton.

I just hope we will hold onto Melee even after PAL Brawl is released and continue to play it side-by-side with Brawl at future tourneys for years to come, cause I would hate to see Melee lose popularity here as it has been somewhat in the US.

I've come so far in Melee, yet still have so much more to learn and improve on. I'm sure others can relate. Long live Melee!

S.D

Smash Master
Tourney was awesome, can't wait til the next one. Well done to Dedu and everyone else who contributed to its organisaton.

I just hope we will hold onto Melee even after PAL Brawl is released and continue to play it side-by-side with Brawl at future tourneys for years to come, cause I would hate to see Melee lose popularity here as it has been somewhat in the US.

I've come so far in Melee, yet still have so much more to learn and improve on. I'm sure others can relate. Long live Melee!
Hear hear 2t, Melee fo' life... well maybe not that long... but still a long time!

unreon

Smash Ace
Holy jeebus the Sydney Smash scene exploded with the release of Brawl. Can't wait till PAL actually comes out to see everyone jump in.

Anybody stand out in particular of upsetting the current player rankings? :p

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
Holy jeebus the Sydney Smash scene exploded with the release of Brawl. Can't wait till PAL actually comes out to see everyone jump in.

Anybody stand out in particular of upsetting the current player rankings? :p
I'm Currently TRYING To......=(

Top Bottom