• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brothers University (SBU) 1.5 - April 28th, 2013 - Stony Brook, NY, USA

For P:M, do you prefer THESE stagelist and stageban/CP rules (in OP) or those from the previous SBU?

• I prefer the current the current stagelist and stageban/CP rules you have written in now.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • I prefer the stagelist and group ban/CP system you had before.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I wasn't actually talking about you. I was talking about the ones you refer to who "are more familiar with the Marth matchup" but might have trouble with Roy. I can see what you're saying. For me, the biggest difference between the two (that favors Roy) is how they recover. Roy's upB seems to have a much more protective hitbox and its KB is more appreciable. I know Roy is lighter, falls faster, and gains much less vertical distance with his recovery, but the horizontal distance gained can surprise someone, especially since it can be varied, and I find it a lot harder to deal with Roy's recovery when he's actually in a position to recover.

JKJ

Smash Ace
Man, a Doc main and an IC's secondary. You are just a bundle of unconventional matchups. I must play you on the 28th.

Comatose

Smash Apprentice
Haha, yeah we definitely have to play. Speaking of ICs, is wobbling legal at SBU? Didn't say anything about it in the rules. And lol I'm bringing a few others who play unconventional characters as well, as secondaries at least haha

bubbaking

Smash Hero
We have the MBR rules, which we're using, linked and embedded in the OP. As far as I can see, they don't mention wobbling. I've talked with some ICs (and other char's) players on the issue and it's not really a big deal. It will be legal.

If it really bothers someone, just pick up Peach or Samus or something. :p

Comatose

Smash Apprentice
Good haha. Wouldn't want to make the mistake of wobbling and break a rule at my first tourney lol. Good that it's legal haha. Not as easy as it looks anyway, especially with how hard it is to get a grab in todays metagame

Comatose

Smash Apprentice
Haha. Might not even get the chance to wobble anyone. With how hard it is to get a grab, and how close nana has to be to wobble it makes it hard to set up haha. And anyway, I play more doc haha.

TheGrape

Smash Cadet
We will be raffling off 2 white controllers + a few other prizes. We also have 1 recording setup in here. If someone else can help in with another recording setup that'd be great. We'll be able to provide discount for anyone helping out with recording.

TheGrape

Smash Cadet
It's going to be in a larger place that we reserved for the event. Around 15 mins walk from the Union. Directions are on the previous page if you need them

TheGrape

Smash Cadet
From what I know, I think M2K is carpooling with a few others to this tournament so we're definitely preparing for a 50+ turnout if word spreads out. Hope more guys can spread the hype! That'd be great if we get more guys from the NYC area to come over as well.

Speaking of NYC players coming over, we'll see about moving the doubles start time from 12PM to 1PM. If you look at the train times, you'd have to leave from Penn at 9AM to make it on time since the next train has a 12:15PM arrival. This way NYC players can take the 10:22AM train from Penn instead which is much more feasible.

Leacero

Smash Lord
I'll be at SBU from Friday on, so if you wanna get some practice in before this let me know, Paulo + co. Jesse might be visiting on Saturday too. Maybe do some Roth Melee?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'll show up for PM when If I can plan a way to get their via the LiRR(Since that's really close to me and the A train is still outta commision in Far Rockaway). I should be more prepared for tournaments this time instead of misfortune following my every move during the Melee days(I miss those days though)

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Just take the Port Jefferson line all the way up. Stony Brook University is the second-to-last stop.

I'll be at SBU from Friday on, so if you wanna get some practice in before this let me know, Paulo + co. Jesse might be visiting on Saturday too. Maybe do some Roth Melee?
Who is this? Robbin? I'l be there from Thursday on, so I'd love to get in on that practice. ;)

Leacero

Smash Lord
Just take the Port Jefferson line all the way up. Stony Brook University is the second-to-last stop.

Who is this? Robbin? I'l be there from Thursday on, so I'd love to get in on that practice. ;)
Yeah, it's been too long! Send me your number and I'll let you know when we play. :D

TheGrape

Smash Cadet
M2K has a carpool so whoever wants to go and lives around New Jersey, NYC, LI can send M2K a PM and they should pick you up. You can PM me also and I'll relay the message.

More info relating to the tournament
-Melee singles base pot increased from $100 to $150
-Prizes for raffle include 2 white controllers, 1 silver controller, 1 memory card, and a few others hopefully
-The venue will open at 10:00AM. Doubles for P:M and Melee will start at 1:00PM. Singles will start at 4:00PM

Just a reminder that the venue fee is $10 and includes food and raffle tickets.

The way the raffle tickets works is like this.
-The tickets come in a pair
-You use one of the tickets to get either 1 slice of pizza or 1 bottle of drink. That ticket you give us will go towards the drawing and you keep the other ticket for reference.
-Buying additional tickets cost $1. You get a pair of tickets and you use it as stated above.
-You need to give us 1 of the tickets in the pair or else it wont go in the raffle!

Hope to see you guys in the tournament tomorrow! We will start streaming sometime after 10:00AM

zebra

Smash Cadet
Would anyone be able to give me a ride from the Port Jefferson fairy dock to this? I would be getting in at around 10:15 if someone could give me a ride

Top Bottom