• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brothers TCG! Pokemon Trainer Card! New Rules! Fifty Three Cards Total Now!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
UPDATE: I'm not uploading any cards today (for teh sake of one set being released at once). I'd like to announce that Samus, Fox, and Bowser have been completed and balanced (Fox has a blaster move that will be facored amongst gamblers, I'll tell you that much). Samus looks like she is standard fair, but her FS will put a spin on things and the way you construct your deck. Bowser is a hard hitter and can rack up damage, but you'll need a lot of Attack Cards. The Smashball card is completed and works similar to how it works in Brawl. The specific Anction Final Smash cards for Mario and Link are done, and Pikachu and Kirby will be next. I plan on completing Final Smashes for each chacter I have finished thus far (Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Sonic, Samus, Fox Bowser,) and their transformation cards (Giga Bowser, ZSS and Landmaster) along with some more items and Special Action Cards. I am THINKING of adding Stage Hazards, and making a Play Mat, but I might hold off on that. After this, the First Eddition will be finished, and be ready to be released.

I have a webcam and printer for making the cards. All I'm going to need is some sleeves (which will be purchased soon) and my partner to make a demo with commentary to show the rules of the game in greater detail. Expect that to happen next Saturday or Sunday.

I'm trying to pick up some knowledge on Flash to make a game, but that is seriously in doubt as af now.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
Sweetness. I haven't read the entire thread: where's the rules, and where are the cards located?

FallenAngelPit

Smash Apprentice
UPDATE: I'm not uploading any cards today (for teh sake of one set being released at once). I'd like to announce that Samus, Fox, and Bowser have been completed and balanced (Fox has a blaster move that will be facored amongst gamblers, I'll tell you that much). Samus looks like she is standard fair, but her FS will put a spin on things and the way you construct your deck. Bowser is a hard hitter and can rack up damage, but you'll need a lot of Attack Cards. The Smashball card is completed and works similar to how it works in Brawl. The specific Anction Final Smash cards for Mario and Link are done, and Pikachu and Kirby will be next. I plan on completing Final Smashes for each chacter I have finished thus far (Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Sonic, Samus, Fox Bowser,) and their transformation cards (Giga Bowser, ZSS and Landmaster) along with some more items and Special Action Cards. I am THINKING of adding Stage Hazards, and making a Play Mat, but I might hold off on that. After this, the First Eddition will be finished, and be ready to be released.

I have a webcam and printer for making the cards. All I'm going to need is some sleeves (which will be purchased soon) and my partner to make a demo with commentary to show the rules of the game in greater detail. Expect that to happen next Saturday or Sunday.

I'm trying to pick up some knowledge on Flash to make a game, but that is seriously in doubt as af now.
well, thats good to know :grin:
and am I the only one who thinks your rules arn't complicated? I know lots of games with complicated rules that have become a second nature, you clould even use smash itself as an example. double jumps, rolling, specials, recovering, edgeguarding, air dodging, dashing, smash attacks, the list goes on. these may not seem complicated to us, but to a noob there practicly overwhelming.
good to see progress coming along, I look forward to playing the game. you might want to put your photobucket accounton the first page, as well as any notices, such as when you add a batch of cards ;)

farewell :cool:

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
well, thats good to know :grin:
and am I the only one who thinks your rules arn't complicated? I know lots of games with complicated rules that have become a second nature, you clould even use smash itself as an example. double jumps, rolling, specials, recovering, edgeguarding, air dodging, dashing, smash attacks, the list goes on. these may not seem complicated to us, but to a noob there practicly overwhelming.
good to see progress coming along, I look forward to playing the game. you might want to put your photobucket accounton the first page, as well as any notices, such as when you add a batch of cards ;)

farewell :cool:
Those aren't rules, but rather game mechanics. When you jump, you don't have to remember "okay, when I jump, I'm allowed to go up, but at point X, I have to go back down or else it's cheating." The game does it for you. Whereas with a card game, the only people dictating the mechanics are those playing it. That's why it's difficult to remember lots of little rules, particularly conditional rules. For example--there is only one constant conditional rule in Magic. When a card it tapped, it can't use abilities. That's the only constant condition. If magic suddenly had several zones in which different rules applied, the game would lose most of its attraction.

I love Rhubarbo's ideas, but I am worried it's too much to remember.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Those aren't rules, but rather game mechanics. When you jump, you don't have to remember "okay, when I jump, I'm allowed to go up, but at point X, I have to go back down or else it's cheating." The game does it for you. Whereas with a card game, the only people dictating the mechanics are those playing it. That's why it's difficult to remember lots of little rules, particularly conditional rules. For example--there is only one constant conditional rule in Magic. When a card it tapped, it can't use abilities. That's the only constant condition. If magic suddenly had several zones in which different rules applied, the game would lose most of its attraction.

I love Rhubarbo's ideas, but I am worried it's too much to remember.
Well, I think that to capture the feeling of Smash, you need these zones. The zones don't have different conditons par se, it's just that if your character is farther from a ledge, it's harder for them to be knocked off. The recovery zone isn't a zone at all, it's just a way to recover (unless you include edgeguarding). If you get used to the game and play it frequently, the rules are second nature after the third or fourth play through!

Thanks for the support and suggestions guys :)!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Well, in the end I decided to post the three most recent characters I made (Bowser, Fox and Samus). The Smash Ball and Final Smash cards will be released later. I'd like to announce that all the characters for the First Eddition are done. More characters will be certainly added later, but for a while, the project will take a break so it could play Brawl.

Here is a list of cards that I want to make the final part of the First Eddition along with all the cards currently up:

Characters/Transformation Characters:
Zero Suit Samus
Giga Bowser
Landmaster

Items:
Smash Ball
Crate
Beam Sword
Heart Container/healing item
Explosive Barrel (which will work diffrently than the Crate)
Dragoon Parts
Green Shell
Red Shell

Augmentaions (equipable items to characters ala the FLUDD card I have posted):
Cape
Super Missile
TM Skullbash
Spring
Reflector
Hammer (Kirby)
Gale Boomerang

Action Cards:
Mario Finale
Tri-Force Slash
Cook Kirby
Volt Tackle
Super Sonic
Giga Bowser (which is a character/Action card)
Land Master (character/Action card)
Zero Laser (seperate from Zero Suit Samus Card)
Attack 4

Stage Hazards:
Ultimate Chimera
Whispy Woods
Arwing Assault
King Bulblin

That's a WHOPPING 31 more cards ontop of the 19 I already have made for an eddition featuring a staggering ammount of 50 cards!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
MAJOR UPDATE: Sure, this message will certainly get lost in the sea of WHOBBY threads, but w/e, I feel obliged to post it. The SSBTCG is taking a break until after the release of Brawl. I hope you enjoyed seeing the demos of cards that we have made. The release of the First Eddition will likely be mid Q2. Thanks for the support and appreciation, and have a happy Brawl year :D!

NOTICE: Check out the Almightypancake's SSBTCG which is fairly different from mine. It is a good alternative!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
A trading card game of Brawl? I swear smash is heading the way of pokemon. Only a couples years till a smash cartoon now.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
^That'd actually be awesome...

**sees 4KIDS involved**
**retreats comment**

CloudLink

Smash Rookie
Wow, I haven't read anything yet, but I have taken a look at your demo cards...

I'm just glad to find other people who are interested in a Smash CG too XD, and seeing all these pages on the thread is pretty amazing...

I always thought of posting my idea, but never did cuz once I had a Sonic card game idea and everyone on the forum flamed me XD

You've given me courage, but I can honestly say I never went as far as you, because I gave up in the middle, but maybe one day I'll finish my idea and show you and see what you think... though I know you've worked hard on your own idea, so mine may see like child's play compared to yours...

Good luck with your project and keep up the hard work ^_^

Peace...

CloudLink

Smash Rookie
(To the guy who posted Yugioh/Smash cards)

Some of those looked wicked awsome, but I can't say the same about their effects >_>

Also, cannot is one word... even on the actual Yugioh cards it's one word...

Still, those look really nice, the effects could be balanced a bit more (well, they are dream cards afterall, but... in the Yugioh environment, I don't see any of those making it into any of the top decks... though I did stop reading at Zero Suit Samus) it feels like you made some of them suck on purpose (though I feel the Yugioh creators do this too... make some of the coolest looking cards have horrible effects or no effect at all and crap stats >_<)

Good job though... keep it up :)

Peace...

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
There used to be something like this except with smash Yugioh cards, it was popular and was doing really well except it just suddenly died.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
Imagine pulling those out against your friends.

Samus? WTF? She should be banned. She's too powerful.

I lost interest in Yugioh a couple years ago (5-6), but this would own! And by the way, they are awsomeness.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Okay, don't freak or say I'm a copy cat alright! But, I had some Yugioh-Smash cards done about 2 years ago,and I was planning on posting them after I completed the actual SSBTCG. Each card had 4 effects (their attacks) and you could only chose one a turn. And, each card had their own Life Points meter, but the player had a stock meter.

Looks like you beat me to it Smash X. I hope that when I upload my Yugioh version cards I'm not flamed because their concept (the artwork for the recent models is obviously from Brawl) was done 2 years ago. I'd actually like to release a set of those instead of just posting a few as easter eggs after my main project is completed. I guess the Yugioh-Smash cards would be more popular because almost everybosy knows how to play Yugioh (well, half of the people play incorrectly I guess <_<)

CloudLink

Smash Rookie
Yea, so many little kids barely play by the rules... summoning monsters in Defense mode (anime's fault), playing Traps the turn they set them, summoning without tributes... too many things to name, and some of these people aren't THAT little (I would think that the average 13 year old could play by the rules of a children's card game)

And to the person saying Samus card was broken :p I know you were just making an example, but that Samus is far from broken... broken would be like...

Samus
4 Star
Earth
1800/1100
Warrior/Effect
When this card destroys an opponent's monster in battle, you may tribute this card at the end of the Damage Step to Special Summon a Zero Suit Samus from your hand or deck. This card is unaffected by your opponent's Spell and Trap cards.

Zero Suit Samus
5 Star
Light
1700/1000
Warrior/Effect
This card can attack twice during your turn. If this card was Special Summoned by the effect of Samus increase this card's ATK by 1000 and this card is unaffected by your opponent's Spell and Trap cards.

Though I just tossed that up real quick, they'd still die to Ryu Kokki's and stuff >_> lol, sorry about that, though what's the fun in an overpowered card anyway? Unless you want something like:

Fox
4 Star
Earth
0/0
Beast-Warrior/Effect
Whenever this card is summoned, if your opponent has 1 or less card in their hand you win the game.

Jk jk, Fox isn't THAT good :p

Sorry for the random-ness, I usually go crazy around this time of night >_>

Peace...

rootsofjustice

Smash Rookie
I've also been experimenting with a SSBB TCG using the Magic the Gathering Vangard template. I've made a few cards so far, but I can only show one as a sample so far. Presenting Peach:

Just so you know, Peach is an uncommon. Commons have black borders, uncommons have silver borders, rares have gold borders, Ultra Rares have golden foil borders.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I was thinking of putting in a gagillion of stats in my game (jump stats, height, speed (for priority) attack, defense, grab, comboability and more). In the end, all of that was scrapped in favor of a more fluid game. You don't even want to know how bad it was trying to incorporate platforms on stages lol!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Oh lol, that was paint. I have to get my Paint skills high to do that. The editor I use is called Pokemon Project Studio Red lol!

rootsofjustice

Smash Rookie
Here are a few more. Just so you know, Sonic and Solid Snake are Ultra Rare as opposed to normal rare. My card generator program won't let me have holographic borders.

CloudLink

Smash Rookie
Argh, I can't create any dream cards till I get a PC, but once I do (which should be soon >_>), I'll be sure to let you guys know about my idea... I'm just glad to see so many other people with the same interests XD (and also glad that we all have unique ideas)

Peace...

gigasteve

Smash Ace
So is there a certain type you've decided on? And also, in the yugioh cards, it says monsters. I know it's how the game is, but how about Smasher?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
In terms of what card game I will make, well I can make both! I think the Smash one is better, but is too complicated for some. Yugioh is more familiar. What might just happen is that I ammalgomate the games into one. Here is what it'd look like.

Each card has 4 attacks. So when playing one character (monster) you have 4 entire attacks at your disposal. Also, I might limit the field of play to 2 characters a team (this is where ATs and Pokemon will come in handy as they don't count towards the limit).

Each card has HP. You lose HP exactly how you lose Life Points, but it's each individual character's stat. Lose 5 characters, and the game is over. There will obviously be cards that are unique and spice things up.

Still, I'll probably release both games.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I'd like to announce that the SSBTCG has resumed in production due to the SSBB delay. I still have a lot of time left to play Brawl. The next batch of cards I'm working on are Final Smashes.

BananaX

Smash Apprentice
If you ever need help, I can redesign those cards for you. I have some experience with GIMP, so I think I may be able to spruce them up a bit.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Ok, one, please don't QUINTUPLE POST.

Second, you had the right idea. I like the card game, but its seems very.... complicated. :confused:

Are those how the cards will really look? Or are you going to "pretty them up"?

Top Bottom