• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brothers 4 Dojo, Will there be one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Will there be a Smash 4 Dojo? Will it be ran like Brawl (I hope so). I had a lot of fun talking about Brawl and the hype out the game. I am excited about the hype machine starting with Smash 4. Brawl was an amazing game and I hope Brawl 4 doesn't dissappoint.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I hope so it will but doesnt have so i can read it when it comes out but its not gonna have one...

I want one but i dont..

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
There was one for 64, Melee, and Brawl, heck you can't even keep Sakurai off twitter as it is right now, there's going to be a Forth Dojo for sure.

inb4peoplehateonthedojosforspoilers

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
There was one for 64, Melee, and Brawl, heck you can't even keep Sakurai off twitter as it is right now, there's going to be a Forth Dojo for sure.

inb4peoplehateonthedojosforspoilers
WAIT!!! THERE WAS A DOJO FOR 64 & MELEE?!?!!?!!?!?? Hurh.. how? wa y wen waaaaaaaaa.?!£?

link or you lie...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
There was a Dojo for each of the games, it's just that Brawl's was easily the most well known and infamous.

If there will be a new Dojo for the new games, expect Japan Time 2: Revenge of The Sakurai coming soon to an image board near you.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Go look in the directory thread for all of the dojos, they're the first links posted. I'm too lazy right now to post direct links to them here. :p

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I hope not. I want to be surprised about the content of the game. If they do the dojo site again it's going to be very hard to avoid spoilers. I'm weak.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
I hope it returns, but with only one update per week. I think one update each day was excessive, and if you only update once a week there would be less dissapointing updates like "You Must Recover!"

Smash Rookie
Well, Sakurai did like how much hype SSBB got, and the majority of the hype came from the Brawl Dojo. And honestly, I don't see why Sakurai wouldn't break tradition.

Although, I think I should be updated daily. If it was weekly, we probably wouldn't get it hyped up as much. Even with the you must recover post, learning something new about Brawl everyday was interesting, and wanted you to come back everyday. Although, I wouldn't mind having two updates a week, that might be better in the long run.

Also, Sakurai has reread the Brawl dojo, I thought this might contribute something.

And there definitly was a Melee forum. I got the link from somewhere in the everything about SSB4 (heck, SSB in general) thread.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Fewer number of updates and more technical info in them.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I loved the way Dojo was run.
I just hope that if it returns they'll do more trailers. As far as I can remember Sonic was the only one who got one.

Kuhn

Smash Cadet
I really hope that they do do another Dojo for SSB4. I loved it when they did it for Brawl.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The Dojo was the best part of the hype. Even the stupid updates like "You must recover!" were neat because they added new pics, regardless of how dumb people thought they were.

That, and the day Olimar was revealed was like, the greatest day ever.

volbound1700

Smash Master
There were so many great reveals. Sonic was the best though. Stage edit, Olimar, Diddy Kong, and several others were also greatly hyped.

LosTimeTurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lostimeturner
it seems like you dont do your research
every game made under and by nintendo (not just published by nintendo) starting from the ds all the way to now has had its own website....

D

Deleted member

Absolutely, every fighting game does that. Especially Street Fighter x Tekken. If there's no Dojo, how do we know the characters?

SupahLink

Smash Cadet
My guess is yes, there will be a new DOJO site. I don't see why not. Brawl was my most hyped game ever, mainly because of the daily updates. Every day would get me more and more excited for its release.
The Dojo was the best part of the hype. Even the stupid updates like "You must recover!" were neat because they added new pics, regardless of how dumb people thought they were.

That, and the day Olimar was revealed was like, the greatest day ever.
For me, it was when Sonic was revealed. That was crazy.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I hope there is one but not a JPN only one like 64 & Melee's needs to be well known and public to all nations like brawls dojo and it must not tell us any new chars.

Just returning.

Or maybe just show us 3 new chars over a time and tell us what ever else about the game.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
The gooey bomb was one of the best updates for me for some reason. I just got so excited with the concept.

volbound1700

Smash Master
LOL I hate the goey bomb. Actually it isn't that bad because if you cannot stick it to someone else you can always shield right before it blows.

The Fatal Ninja

Smash Rookie
I remember waking up before school everyday and rushing to my computer to see the new updates. It was fantastic! I'd always tell my friends at school about the update and they were always interested. So if they brought the Dojo back, I'd be so happy and feel so much nostalgia. So this had better happen.

TheKingOfTown

Smash Apprentice
I really hope they bring back the dojo. I loved going there for daily updates. I just hope I can resist myself from the spoilers this time if there is one. ;__;

D

Deleted member

Except we have to wait till E3 in order for the Dojo to be open.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I really hope they bring back the dojo. I loved going there for daily updates. I just hope I can resist myself from the spoilers this time if there is one. ;__;
I would wake up in the middle of the night to check for updates.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Of course there'll be a dojo. Ain't just a smash thing.
The majority of fighting games have websites and character trailers released before there game comes out to generate hype.

What i'm really curious about is when the dojo will be released.

Anyone have any ideas?
I really wanna start hearing more about this game.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Of course there'll be a dojo. Ain't just a smash thing.
The majority of fighting games have websites and character trailers released before there game comes out to generate hype.

What i'm really curious about is when the dojo will be released.

Anyone have any ideas?
I really wanna start hearing more about this game.
''Your last line...'' ~ Your telling me...(-_-)

volbound1700

Smash Master
@SunnySunny... I do believe that Smash was the only one that I knew of that did it daily. Diablo 3 for example had them every once in awhile. You could go months without updates.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
There's obviously going to be some sort of webpage for the next Smash I would like to hope they do something like the dojo but with Nintendo keeping things a little closer to the chest and not revealing quite so much the dojo gave just about everything away about Brawl before it even came out. So hopefully this time they won't be so open with all the character reveals and details.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Will there be a Smash 4 Dojo? Will it be ran like Brawl (I hope so). I had a lot of fun talking about Brawl and the hype out the game. I am excited about the hype machine starting with Smash 4. Brawl was an amazing game and I hope Brawl 4 doesn't dissappoint.
I basically lived for the Dojo. The quality of my day depended on the quality of news from that site. Sakurai has his ways of making the fans teeter on the edge of excitement all the way to release. I hope he pulls off that effect some way or another again.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I basically lived for the Dojo. The quality of my day depended on the quality of news from that site. Sakurai has his ways of making the fans teeter on the edge of excitement all the way to release. I hope he pulls off that effect some way or another again.
Yh but this time hopefully the game is good this time so it doesnt feel like kick to the face.

Vinnyt

Smash Rookie
The Brawl Dojo was fine...until the game got pushed back three times. If it had been out on December 3rd like originally planned, then there wouldn't even be an issue with too much being revealed. I think if they did a M/W/F type of update schedule, it would work out better. Less chances of filler "How do menus work?!" type updates.

volbound1700

Smash Master
It really didn't bother me about the reveals because you know the day it is released. If people don't like it, then don't visit the Dojo.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
It's true that the Dojo killed hype for many people. It was obvious during some dry spells that so much had already been revealed that they had to stick in some filler much of the time in order to keep the promised 5 days a week trend going. If we see the return of the Dojo, I hope that it is updated fewer times each week, or at least paces itself better. And hopefully, there will be less newcomers available from the moment the game is turned on. A huge problem with the Dojo is that pretty much all of the newcomers were revealed on it pre-release, which, while generating massive amounts of hype, killed the enjoyment of unlocking a surplus of veterans and clones once one got the actual game. Yeah, Diddy and Olimar were amazing reveals (I still remember logging on in the morning to see them and being blown away), but I would've preferred to unlock those characters. So, I hope SSB4's hypothetical Dojo goes hand-in-hand with more secret content in the game itself, and still gives out interesting, but less spoiling, information.

Sure, I could just avoid the Dojo; I encourage anyone who seriously wants to avoid spoilers and/or hype overload to do so (or at least try to). But technically, the Dojo didn't actually spoil anything pre-release. It just revealed too much content available right out of the box, which I suppose was more of a problem with Brawl itself than the website.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
There needs to be major spoiler logos on this site and stuff...i dont think i will leave this site to find any Sm4sh info the internet is dangerous...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom