• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brothers 4 Dojo, Will there be one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think informing people you that must recover is a very worth while reveal.
Sakurai did say that he intended for the website to become a guide to the game afterwards. Even then, it's just one day of a wasted update, and even the "meh" updates brought along screenshots, so I never minded them.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
Well if they had one for Brawl as well as for the 64 and Melee one then they should definately do one. Boy, I remember getting hyped up for SSBB before it was getting released. I was still in high school and I would always go on the dojo site every morning in my computer class for further updates! :eek: It was fun guessing which one of my picks got in the game and which one of my picks didn't. I plan to do the same for the SSB4 dojo as well! :chuckle:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
There was one for 64, Melee, and Brawl, heck you can't even keep Sakurai off twitter as it is right now, there's going to be a Forth Dojo for sure.

inb4peoplehateonthedojosforspoilers
Could you perhaps dig it up now?
I can't find it with the search function, or this directory you speak of.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I definitely am going to assume there will be one. The starting date of it is the real question.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Make it happen. The Brawl Dojo showed many things, from characters, to stages, to items, and even a bit of the music too. Granted, some updates won't be as exciting as others, but it would be better than nothing IMO. I have faith that they'll be keeping the tradition like others have said. Who knows? Maybe this time they may show little amusing gameplay shorts to tease us, or even showing off the new characters more via small gameplay shorts.
Also consider that Smash4 will be on 2 different systems, so that's all the more interesting and likely that they'll provide info for both systems on the same site. Although I forgot when the Brawl Dojo came out, I expect Smash4's to come shortly after the trailer, where things get more epic each day.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
They need to release a Dojo but save a lot of stuff until the games release.
The Dojo for Brawl spoiled a lot of things for me so it wasn't as much of as surprise when I played it.

It would be cool to have it incorporated into the game somehow so you could bring it up on the gamepad whenever you wanted.
More of it becomes available when you unlock certain things so you don't get spoiled before hand. You can read about a fighters character after you unlock them.

I went through the one for Brawl the other day and actually learned some new information.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I heard there is a rumor of a Sm4sh dojo does that go in this thread or the comedic rumor thread.....(-_-)
There will most likely be a SSB4 Smash Dojo. Mainly because there has been one for the past 3 installments of the games series.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yh but only Brawls was public../known
Melee and 64's dojo were public in Japan though. Only Brawl's dojo was made public because internet use wasn't as widespread as it is now at the turn of the millenium.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
I saw the E3 trailer of Melee on youtube the other day. It was pretty sweet. :pimp: Did they ever have one for the 64 one?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I saw the E3 trailer of Melee on youtube the other day. It was pretty sweet. :pimp: Did they ever have one for the 64 one?

Duuude, I feel like I should tell you, I don't know if it's only me but your font color makes me dizzy. (Also its kind of hard to read, might be just me though)

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
You know something, you're the second person to say that. :eek: Someone suggested me to use a lighter font but then I won't be able to read it myself. :urg: Is this good enough?

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Well, Sakurai did like how much hype SSBB got, and the majority of the hype came from the Brawl Dojo. And honestly, I don't see why Sakurai wouldn't break tradition.

Although, I think I should be updated daily. If it was weekly, we probably wouldn't get it hyped up as much. Even with the you must recover post, learning something new about Brawl everyday was interesting, and wanted you to come back everyday. Although, I wouldn't mind having two updates a week, that might be better in the long run.

Also, Sakurai has reread the Brawl dojo, I thought this might contribute something.

And there definitly was a Melee forum. I got the link from somewhere in the everything about SSB4 (heck, SSB in general) thread.
The Melee forum I remember? THIS ONE. I found it in the younger days of the internet.

That being said, I'd prefer a M/W/F update, so less padding/stupid updates--albeit the occasional stupid update would be fine. :p

I also remembered when Sonic was revealed. Mass mayhem all around.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I hope it does and I dont mind spoilers in a fighting game, I want to know what all in the game I am buying

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I just hope it doesn't spoil the game :rolleyes: . The brawl Dojo was epic, but it did spoil a bit too much; Kinda took away the element of surprise from the game :grin:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Eh, I don't mind spoilers in a fighting game, if it's about the characters.

I only care about spoilers in RPGs, as they are related to the story and it takes away the surprise.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Eh, I don't mind spoilers in a fighting game, if it's about the characters.
Indeed, knowing about a character isn't really that much of a spoiler, comparing with the adventure mode or explaining an item in depth.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Indeed, knowing about a character isn't really that much of a spoiler, comparing with the adventure mode or explaining an item in depth.

It is if you thrive on pessimism, like me. I got my hopes up for/was crushed at the lack of Ridley in Melee. Then I unlocked Mewtwo.

Don't hold my breath for any character roster for any game, and am sometimes pleasantly surprised, since then.

On the flipside, I think I can live without knowing how the Cracker Launcher works, or that Fox is a good pilot.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
It is if you thrive on pessimism, like me. I got my hopes up for/was crushed at the lack of Ridley in Melee. Then I unlocked Mewtwo.

Don't hold my breath for any character roster for any game, and am sometimes pleasantly surprised, since then.

On the flipside, I think I can live without knowing how the Cracker Launcher works, or that Fox is a good pilot.
Hopefully Ridley will be a playable character and Mewtwo will return in SSB4 :) , may that turn your pessimism into optimism :)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Hopefully Ridley will be a playable character and Mewtwo will return in SSB4 :) , may that turn your pessimism into optimism :)

Anything is possible. That's true, even to a pessimist.

More topic-related, another Dojo would definitely be interesting. Whether that's more rage-related has yet to be seen.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
I must say, back when the Brawl Dojo was in its infancy, i was only in 8th grade. And checking the dojo every single morning was the highlight of my entire day. Even though i'm about to be a sophomore in college i'd love to experience that type of excitement in the mornings again, Cuz now the only thing i have to look forward to is waking up and trying not to piss on the toilet seat. I believe Sakurai knows how useful the dojo was and it would probably be in his best interest to create another.

watzup7856

Smash Rookie
i hope so, because then i'll have a lot to look forward too. I also hope they put on spoilers again because last time i really spoiled myself with all the unlockable stuff. this time i don't want to look at it until i have the game, so i don't spoil the surprise

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The new Dojo looks similar to Brawl's.

Here we go speculating for another 1.5 years.

D

Deleted member

I was amazed at the website. I hope it will be updated at San Diego Comic Con.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom