• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros: Mugen Brawl - A Brawl With Them All

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
This is day two of voting, so after tomorrow it closes. And a demo sounds nice, to get some hype for it. :)

EDIT: @Smash: I'll put the Echo Blade PSAs into the demo, so on the first page it'll say demo next to their names, since they haven't been voted in yet.

EDITx2: Give me demo PSAs that aren't broken for those that haven't been voted for.

EDITx3: OP edited with Echo Blades as DEMO characters.
Yay for my unofficial voting in =D

This motivates me to clean up Sheik and Zelda a little more before the demo release...if only I had time...

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
It's highly logical, but I'm using WiiNet, so that's not going to happen. I'll organize more when I get on a pc again.

And consider Wisp added to the DEMO.
Alright. And I suppose that I will get the demo out this weekend. I think that we'll get maybe what, 10 characters in? Well I need someone to get all of the .pacs for me, and the textures if the characters need them.

Ehic

Smash Cadet
I can go look for the .pacs later tonight and post links here though I haven't got homebrew channel working on my wii so i can't check them.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I can go look for the .pacs later tonight and post links here though I haven't got homebrew channel working on my wii so i can't check them.
Well I need the ones that we have decided to be in the demo. This job will be over the weekend.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
This is day two of voting, so after tomorrow it closes. And a demo sounds nice, to get some hype for it. :)

EDIT: @Smash: I'll put the Echo Blade PSAs into the demo, so on the first page it'll say demo next to their names, since they haven't been voted in yet.

EDITx2: Give me demo PSAs that aren't broken for those that haven't been voted for.

EDITx3: OP edited with Echo Blades as DEMO characters.
Oh, I recommend Fighter Kirby for Kirby in the demo. He's mad balanced ^-^

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Oh, I recommend Fighter Kirby for Kirby in the demo. He's mad balanced ^-^
Yeah, I will add him in the demo just 'cause he has shroyuken. lol.

Isn't fighter kirby the one that is broken like a mutha****a?

and itll be him or avitar kirby in the demo: I looovee avatar haha.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Yeah, I will add him in the demo just 'cause he has shroyuken. lol.

Isn't fighter kirby the one that is broken like a mutha****a?

and itll be him or avitar kirby in the demo: I looovee avatar haha.
I've yet to test either, due to no pc of my own. I borrow... a LOT. I'll check'em out, when I can. What day should we release the DEMO?

Also, are you going to edit the CSS to select only those characters that are on the DEMO?

P.S.- I put "demo" in caps, because I want those who may just skim this project to understand it's just that... a DEMO.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
just tried giga kooplus out.. he's pretty fun to use.. and will be better once balanced... also seems like he'll win the vote

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I've yet to test either, due to no pc of my own. I borrow... a LOT. I'll check'em out, when I can. What day should we release the DEMO?

Also, are you going to edit the CSS to select only those characters that are on the DEMO?

P.S.- I put "demo" in caps, because I want those who may just skim this project to understand it's just that... a DEMO.
Saturday or Sunday.

Nope, I will give everyone a .gct or a .txt (most likely both) with the Brawl+ 5.0 RC1 and the Clone Engine code (finished version). I will also include the MB folder (the folder that will load alternate files) complete with a bunch of demo characters.

And I understand.

just tried giga kooplus out.. he's pretty fun to use.. and will be better once balanced... also seems like he'll win the vote
Thank you sir, I intend on balancing him when I get the chance. I was up all night working on those kick-*** graphics by the way. The D-Smash took me too long, but the beta had perfect GFX, so I don't complain.

edit:

THE BOWSER POLL

Just soo everyone can see it. :D

Ehic

Smash Cadet
I think you should look into running this with the stack smash stage exploit. That way people don't need to hack their Wiis to run this. It also isn't affected by the Nintendo's Wii update.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I think you should look into running this with the stack smash stage exploit. That way people don't need to hack their Wiis to run this. It also isn't affected by the Nintendo's Wii update.
Yes, I will get it running by that too. However, I will have support for Homebrew and No Homebrew methods.

Ehic

Smash Cadet
Awesome Cookie! do you need me to find any more demo characters or are those five enough?

Fusion_Blastoise

Smash Cadet
If we're just suggesting random character replacements then:

He is friggen awesome... literly. I think he's the best PSA character out there.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
If we're just suggesting random character replacements then:

He is friggen awesome... literly. I think he's the best PSA character out there.
The random character replacements are for the BETA. I will probably add avitar ness just because I am a HUGE fan of Avitar. Not a creepy "Aang+Toff" fan, just a big fan. lol
but they are only in for the beta. If people vote for Avitar Ness, then we have him in the actual release.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Young Link isn't gonna be done in time, sorry :( I agree with Echo Blade Zelda/Sheik, and for the time being at least, Mega Man for Samus? Vile's making it.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Eh, youre probably right, but I honestly thought Geno was a bit awkward to control...
Ditto. Geno's Bair and DownB are funky. His Fair is weird too. He's okay, just not my personal favorite PSA.

EDIT: Intense Bowser poll, btw.
GK - 10
Blastoise - 9
KK - 2 >:r

12:00 AM EST(GMT- 5:00) is when I close it. So be ready.

Fusion_Blastoise

Smash Cadet
If we end up in a tie, I think we'll use the PSA completed first. It makes sense. When the clone engine evolves further, we may be able to have multiple character for each PSA but as it is....

I was also thinking, perhaps we could have like a list of alternative characters to the regulars so that people can customise their own Mugen Brawl. I can place them in a non-consequencial file on the root of the downloadable pack with a read-me explaining how to do it.

Whadaya think?

Ehic

Smash Cadet
I like the idea of swapable characters, however that could make balancing a nightmare. But then again, If we choose to use the clone engine we are gonna need to balance them all eventually.

Giga Kooplus 13
Blastoise 16
Wow this intense!

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
It seems as though Blastoise clenched the win. He'll be the PSA for Bowser. We won't discard GK, as he'll be the DEMO since he's complete.

*Edits OP*

Next up is...

YOSHI!

Angel Yoshi
anymore to add...? That's the only one I've used.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Are you guys going to make a Mallow PSA character soon? Because I am working on a MALLOW texture for KIRBY, and it will be REALLY detailed. You guys should totally do Mallow to rival Shadic's Geno.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Are you guys going to make a Mallow PSA character soon? Because I am working on a MALLOW texture for KIRBY, and it will be REALLY detailed. You guys should totally do Mallow to rival Shadic's Geno.
That's up to whoever decides to do it. Geno isn't guaranteed, btw, as GK vs. Blastoise was an upset with Blastoise winning. I'm pretty sure Geno will make it though, since lots of people seem to like him.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
How is Phoenix Mario balanced? I mean, he has some broken things like the stalling DownB. It's unfair. Also, i think his Fair is way to overpowered. Is he changed or what?

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Weird because in the OP i can clearly see this topic is about balanced characters putting into brawl, making a new game. But i don't see how Phoenix Mario is balanced. I think Super Assimilated Mario would be better in that place unless someone makes Phoenix Mario balanced ( with the approval of Phantom Wings obviously ). And is there a Youtube Vid of the Blastoise or a PAC? I want to check him out :p

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Regarding Pheonix Mario, I figure he should get an honorary spot, being the first ever PSA character. Of course, scratch the Down-B stalling and nerf the overpowered F-Air, and he's actually a mildly fair character.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Regarding Pheonix Mario, I figure he should get an honorary spot, being the first ever PSA character. Of course, scratch the Down-B stalling and nerf the overpowered F-Air, and he's actually a mildly fair character.
I totally agree with that actually. His Fsmash has some lag so it's no big deal. Just the Fair and the DownB are a bit broken, so if someone could fix that, i have no problem with Phoenix Mario. Just now he's so annoying to fight against. Even someone who sucks but knows the basic of SSBB can give you a hard time.

Ehic

Smash Cadet
We can do simple changes to balance characters, also remeber that PSA characters are being balanced against other PSA characters not regular ones. Though Phoenix Mario is overpowered against the regular cast with PSA characters he may not.

iChilla0

Smash Cadet
2 Entries

Uhm, yeah. I was messaged about this via YouTube. So, apparently, I can like, put up characters to be voted upon? >.>

Anyway, here are two examples that PI2 and I worked on together. Although, I didn't really do much/anything on Blood Falcon other than create the concept.

Dark Super Sonic Video
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxGzoEL85dk']Blood Falcon Video[/URL]

Please note that neither of these have been worked on recently. Blood Falcon was basically dropped after that video was uploaded (although I can still tweak it where tweaking is needed) and Dark Super Sonic hasn't been worked on, seeing as I'm on hiatus currently.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Incidentally, are people trying out both Genos? There's a significant duality going on in the Geno topic, between Shadic's Geno and mine (they play entirely differently).

Here's a link to my current version, 0.45 (which is still in its beta stage, but should give a general idea about how he's supposed to play). The discussion is still going on, though (to avoid confusion, call mine 'Cosmic Geno'. Or you can just call it 'Indigo's Geno', which is what people will probably do anyway).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ijnzbri3ced/CosmicGenoBeta0.45.pac

The moves that both have in common are those that Shadic made, I copied/adapted them (with his permission). I don't think he took any of mine yet, although he is allowed to do so.

Oh, and here's a link to the page where I give an overview of his moveset (read it - many of his moves, especially his specials, have hidden capabilities.)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=248359&page=6

Try it out, I intend to make him balanced but I have a hard time testing it out myself (since the only person I'm able to play against is about 3 times better than me and always wins no matter who we're playing as).

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I wish I could test this out, but I'm unable to at the moment.

Also, if nobody has any PSA's for Yoshi, except Angel Yoshi, we'll skip him and move on to the next character, until more submissions are made.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I wish I could test this out, but I'm unable to at the moment.

Also, if nobody has any PSA's for Yoshi, except Angel Yoshi, we'll skip him and move on to the next character, until more submissions are made.
I have all of the files set up, but I am currently having trouble with the code (Alternate File Loader). If anyone has thourogh knowledge of the code, please pm me. Keep in mind that I need help specifically with the BYTECOUN.

And IndigoFenix, I am not including your version in Beta 1. The reasoning behind this decision is that, despite your version having ideas that Shadic's version does not, your version is in beta, and Shadic's version is more evolved. I do, however, appreciate your input, and I will get back to you after you edit your version a bit more.

Who knows: in the next beta release, your version may be used.

EDIT:

In case anyone wants to know who the characters used in the beta are:

------------------
------DEMO 1------
------------------

REPLACED CHARACTERS

Snake = Kakashi
Bowser = Giga Kooplus (with texture: BE ORIGINAL COSTUME)
Lucario = Mewtwo
Marth = Roy
Toon Link = Geno (by Shadic, with texture: BE ORIGINAL COSTUME)
Shiek = Echo Blade Shiek
Zelda = Echo Blade Zelda
Ike = Ragna the Bloodedge (with texture: BE ORIGINAL COSTUME)
Yoshi = Angel Yoshi (with texture: BE ORIGINAL COSTUME)
Ness = Avitar Ness
Jigglypuff = Wisp

Top Bottom