• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. DOJO!!

Lord Sakurai

Smash Cadet
Link to original post: [drupal=714]Smash Bros. DOJO!![/drupal]

It's Meta Knight, whose introduction was delayed for some reason. He's Kirby's...rival?

Despite being almost all head, his mask and cape exude coolness. He overwhelms enemies with his mach-speed sword!

Meta Knight's Special Moves
Standard Special Move Mach Tornado
Side Special Move Drill Rush
Up Special Move Shuttle Loop
Down Special Move Dimensional Cape
Final Smash Galaxia Darkness

I introduced some of Meta Knight

Cinder

Smash Master
Do I sense an adbot?

Either way...uhhhhh...

Melee and Brawl+(hacked Brawl) FTW, normal Brawl FTL *runs* *hides and peeks out, waiting for the MK banning debate to begin*

Lord Sakurai

Smash Cadet
What is this "ad bot" of which you speak? And why has my beautiful dojo post been cut down? I made this post so that you could see some of my marvelous game before I released it. It's perfect, there's nothing I could've done better with it.

Lord Sakurai

Smash Cadet
Competetive Smash? You wern't playing Smash Bros as it was meant to be played back in my previous title, Super Smash Brothers Melee. Had I been given more time with it, I would've ironed out all those glitches that bogged down the gameplay such as what you call "Wave Dashing".

Besides, I'm sure you all prefer my new mechanic that I've added to Brawl. It's quite funny.

Sometimes when you're randomly running about. . .

You'll trip over your own feet!

You should be more careful!

I'm sure you'll enjoy this new mechanic to it's fullest for it's comedic value. I certainly hope you appreciate it, as we had to cut Mewtwo from the game to implement it, as he couldn't logically trip due to levitating.

Cinder

Smash Master
I find this amusing...

Eh, an impersonator's just as good as the real deal...

*Sparta Kicks the Sakurai impersonator off a cliff shouting "YOU MUST RECOVER!!"*

Hey wait...my post count's going up, isn't it :3

A_man13

Smash Master
I've got choice words for you, Mr. Sakuri, but as small children may be reading this post I'll resist.

Course it isn't Cinder. Meet 'n Greet: Never gonna let your post count go up, never gonna let your post count down.

Lord Sakurai

Smash Cadet
Sparta Kick? I did love that "300" movie quite exceptionally. . .I'm a fan of such works of art in the realm of films, much how I feel the same way about video games.

Perhaps I should pay subtle tribute to the movie in my masterpiece? Yes. . .I think I'll make Ganondorf's basic forward attack the sparta kick. Brilliant! I'll have to take away his sword though to do that. . .Ah well. It's all worth it for 300.

What shall I do with Ganondorf's sword though?

A special move?

A victory pose like in Super Smash Brothers Melee?

Nay, a better idea would be a taunt, for those who don't appreciate the new sparta kick being better then Ganondorf leaving his old ways of being like Captain Falcon.

Many tend to laugh at Ganondorf for this.

Cinder

Smash Master
I've got choice words for you, Mr. Sakuri, but as small children may be reading this post I'll resist.

Course it isn't Cinder. Meet 'n Greet: Never gonna let your post count go up, never gonna let your post count down.
But we're in the Blog forum =3

And I've come to the conclusion that this is an impersonator set out to make fun of Sakurai...which pleases me ^^;

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Competetive Smash? You wern't playing Smash Bros as it was meant to be played back in my previous title, Super Smash Brothers Melee. Had I been given more time with it, I would've ironed out all those glitches that bogged down the gameplay such as what you call "Wave Dashing".
You're a horrible Sakurai impersonator. Sakurai knew of wavedashing before Melee's release and wanted to keep it in because he thought it was fun. If you're going to try to impersonate somebody, at least learn about them.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
wow your not funny at all. this whole thread and your account (since you joined this month with only 4 posts) is completely useless and stupid. at least 80% of smashers are mad at him enough already why bother with an impression?

Lord Sakurai

Smash Cadet
What's this? You think I'm an impersonator?

(Laughs)

Good joke, my friends, good joke.

Nobody could hope to impersonate me, my game is perfect, nobody can direct like I can. Anyone who can't see that is foolish.

Competetive play is all good and fine when you win, but what about when you lose? It's just not fun when you can't beat someone more experienced then you.

It's too late in development to add this feature into Brawl, but for my next game I'm thinking I'll make it so that items may not be turned off. They add more fun to the game and keep it equal on all levels, so that anyone can win. How is it exciting when you know you're going to be the victor?

You're losing the match. . .

Oh! Look! A Smash Ball!

You attack the smash ball. . .

But it goes to the enemy instead! Hit it harder you nitwit!

Now your enemy breaks the smash ball and unleashes your final smash on you, winning the match!

Anything can happen in Super Smash Bros Brawl. Isn't it exciting?

A_man13

Smash Master
Knowing the real Saukurai, I'd say he's either ticked at you or thinking "I should hire this guy!

A_man13

Smash Master
Or, better yet, slow starts. If you win once, you immedietly are immobilized for the next match. There's no way you can win. Oh, and to make things fair, the immoble person can make silly noises while he waits for his impending doom.

A_man13

Smash Master
Yeah. And Y'know how I was gonna put Ridley in brawl? I decided to make his moveset blaster, illusion, fire ridley, reflector, and RC Ridmaster. Their damages will be one or two % off, so no one will know they are clones!

A_man13

Smash Master
Course, Sakurai is also confident that we should have more oportunity to "Expand our horizons," so he will require you to log 3 hours on masterpieces in order to get to even play the game. Which is then a 20 hour trip into subspace to unlock multiplayer mode.

Lord Sakurai

Smash Cadet
Such splendid ideas, all of you!

I was originally intending for Ridley to be a playable character like the people were wanting. . .

But it didn't feel right making him a clone of Charizard.

What to do. . .Hmmm...

I'll make him a clone of Master Hand!

But what if the people notice? What if they don't want me to make him another boss?

I guess I'll just take Master Hand out of the Subspace Emissary, that way noone will ever notice.

Who else to use as a boss. . .? Decisions, decisions. . .I don't think anyone else from Nintendo is notable enough. Mewtwo had his chance in melee. K. Rool was made by those silly European developers. . .

I know! I'll use Ridley again! I'll make it even more exciting by putting in a two minute time limit! While I'm at it, I'll make all online matches be two minute matches. Isn't it so much more exciting when the timer is ticking down?

Speaking of time, I must be on my way. Do not worry, I won't be gone long, I shall be back to grace you with my presence before long.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
It's tommorow, where the hell is my DOJO update? I waited all day yesterday for this!

(Is overcome with feelings of nostalgia) I hate you, Sakurai. D:

Cinder

Smash Master
Haha...I'm enjoying this one...Imma bored enough, so I'll play along...

What's this? You think I'm an impersonator?
Yes...

Good joke, my friends, good joke.
Joke?

Nobody could hope to impersonate me, my game is perfect, nobody can direct like I can. Anyone who can't see that is foolish.
You're the foolish one...your game is a worthless piece of **** and you know it...

Competetive play is all good and fine when you win, but what about when you lose? It's just not fun when you can't beat someone more experienced then you.
But you learn and you improve...the most fun you can have is to know that there's room to grow...

It's too late in development to add this feature into Brawl, but for my next game I'm thinking I'll make it so that items may not be turned off. They add more fun to the game and keep it equal on all levels, so that anyone can win. How is it exciting when you know you're going to be the victor?
:laugh: oh, Sakurai impersonator, you're such a stitch...

You're losing the match. . .

Oh! Look! A Smash Ball!

You attack the smash ball. . .

But it goes to the enemy instead! Hit it harder you nitwit!

Now your enemy breaks the smash ball and unleashes your final smash on you, winning the match!
Haha, you just killed your entire argument...the player knew they were going to lose...the Smash Ball only gave them false hope...

Anything can happen in Super Smash Bros Brawl. Isn't it exciting?
No...

If I thought you were the real Sakurai...ohohoho...

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
We need Gwonam and Robotnik in Brawl BADLY, Sakurai. Think you could put them in? Maybe as a few extras, how about the Hyrule King (Harkinian), and a bowl of spaghetti?

Oh, and I love your stuttering, Sakurai. Ever considered being the second Scatman?

Chaco

Never Logs In
SAKURAIII~

*makes him trip repeatedly into fsmashes*

HOW DO YOU LIKE IT?!?!?

*mouth foams*

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
Don't listen to them, Sakurai. Brawl is an even more competitive game than Melee in that there's more competition by inviting a bigger crowd into the party.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Don't listen to them, Sakurai. Brawl is an even more competitive game than Melee in that there's more competition by inviting a bigger crowd into the party.
.....umm.....wow....I really hope that's sarcasm. o.o

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
.....umm.....wow....I really hope that's sarcasm. o.o
As do I. If that's not, I'm thinking maybe Lord Sakurai made another account...

Lord Sakurai, if you're Sakurai as you claim, what character was going to be added, but did not end up in the final game?

Oh, and another question. If Ridley was going to be playable, why did you say, in response to Nintendo Power asking about Ridley,

Masahiro Sakurai said:
I think that would be pretty impossible. [Laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that be all right? [Laughs]

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
How is more competition not competitive?
Because the quality of said competition is subpar at best.

That's like saying "How does more food not taste better?" If you have tons of pie, then it's going to taste great, yes. But it won't taste any better than half that amount, there'll just be more of it. If you have tons of grass, it's not going to taste any better because you have a massive amount of it.

Lord Sakurai

Smash Cadet
As do I. If that's not, I'm thinking maybe Lord Sakurai made another account...

Lord Sakurai, if you're Sakurai as you claim, what character was going to be added, but did not end up in the final game?

Oh, and another question. If Ridley was going to be playable, why did you say, in response to Nintendo Power asking about Ridley,
The people at Nintendo Power seemed to be avid fans of Ridley, so I thought to myself. . .

Why not surprise them in the sequel to Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Smash Bros Clash, with Ridley's inclusion?

I would've included Ridley in Brawl, so fearsome and ferocious. . .

But I couldn't think of anyone important enough to include as a boss.

Ridley! He's the perfect idea!

He's. . .He's HUGE!

Roar! Devour! Move intimidatingly! For such moves are the essence of Ridley!

Top Bottom