• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

gamer8

Smash Lord
How about that S Tier Sakurai trolling though? Stage hazards returning *shows pyrosphere with Ridley's shadow* and the Pseudo-Palutena trophy. He scared the **** out of me when he said Zero Suit Samus wasn't returning.

Something doesn't feel right about the Ridley thing though. Why didn't he show him as the hazard?

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
Greninja right out of left field! Also the Pokémon trainer we know and love isn't returning, since Charizard is separate. Really good direct, immensely satisfied!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Eeh that was a sort of....iffy direct.

I'm really mad about Ridley, Tom Nook and Kamek.

And not sure how I feel about them seperating Zamus, Zard and Sheik.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
...Huh. Well that was worth the hype. Greninja is an EXTREMELY random choice for a Pokenewcomer but whatever. RIP Ridley and Mewtwo supporters.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Guys, not gonna lie. I made the loudest fangirl squeal when they were building up to Greninja and said "IT'S MEWTWOOOO! MEWTWOOOOOOO!" But, it looks like that's now in vain. How embarrassing.

gamer8

Smash Lord
I thought Greninja was Mewtwo and got so hyped and was like GRENINJA?!? but he looks pretty cool anyways. I guess this means Pokemon Trainer isn't coming back? I'm so happy Charizard is his own character now though, THAT MEGA EVOLUTION CHARIZARD.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
GRENINJA! Guys, transformation characters are no longer!!! Does this mean no more Squirtle or Ivysaur?!

Staarih

Smash Master
Am I the only one who thought the trophy things weren't as random as they seemed? Maybe they hint towards things to come (essentially newcomers from the series, so Fire Emblem, Zelda, Kid Icarus and Metroid... especially the pseudo-Palutena and Metroid ones were very trollish)

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Greninja was what I wanted. Awesome newcomer, and has great moveset possibility.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
Everything was amazing except that the total lack of Mother content being shown with one version of the game releasing in a few months worries me a lot.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Greninja is the best new character ever

Other than all the other best new characters

D

Deleted member

Is it safe yet?
Anyway I was not disappointed, thank you based Sakurai.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
And site's back online

Wondering how much of that was Ridley fans haha

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Damn, that was sick! I'm a little disappointing the Wii U version is still far away, though. :urg:

BrBaSam

Smash Rookie
Overall I like the look of the gameplay, it looks like it has a chance to potentially reach melee levels of competition. On the other hand, was not a fan of the character reveals. I've got a fever, and the only prescription, is more falco (or starfox character in general). And where in the world is Captain Falcon?!?

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I feel...conflicted. Seriously, I'm glad characters returned and that ton of new was added, but honestly I feel kind of disappointed. Ah well, I guess. There's always E3 and any other directs.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakurai the Troll strikes again.

This is a lot to digest...

Ahem...

Dark Pit's Theme, New FD looks epic, Sheik is back, lots of new and two returning stages, epic items, freaking ARCEUS, Greninja, Id (Purpose)... THE LIST GOES ON!!

Whew... Gotta catch my breath.

It appears Ridley's time isn't now yet. But what is that compared with all the AWESOME I've witnessed?!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Guys, Ridley isn't deconfirmed.

They only showed a silohette. I saw Meta Ridley, who was also a boss in Brawl. Remember, Toon Link was shown on the Spirit Train stage.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Welp, time to start collecting the bodies. If this were an NFL Power Rankings, there would be so much movement after this direct.

Last edited:
Top Bottom