• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Guys, the levels of hype on here just keep climbing!
...climbing...
Ice Climbers confirmed

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I wish Nintendo's Super Smash Bros 4 Official Site told us the Direct was at 6 PM instead of 3 PM.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
GUYS! What if the start the Direct dragging on about the history and sales of the Super Smash Bros. series (Like they did with Pokémon Direct that revealed X & Y)?

I REEEEEAAAAALLLLLY hope not. :(

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What happened to your room that you need most of the day to clean it?

Too much hype?
I rarely get around to organizing my room much, and some of my friends are coming over to my place at the end of the week, so what a better time than now?

Hopefully my hype spasm at the end of the Direct won't force me to have to redo it all.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Watching: Infamous: Second Son, Attack on Titan, SaO Season 2to kill time until the direct.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
GUYS! What if the start the Direct dragging on about the history and sales of the Super Smash Bros. series (Like they did with Pokémon Direct that revealed X & Y)?

At least there would only be three previous games to cover.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
One thing I'd really like is for us to hear some music, preferably a clean version of the main theme. That and the character selection screen would be neat, though I'm certainly not expecting the latter until we have the whole starting roster.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Hey guys! I'm here are ready to party! I'm trying to keep my hype down but it's impossible. :3

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hey guys! I'm here are ready to party! I'm trying to keep my hype down but it's impossible. :3
Think negative thoughts. Ness is cut, Jigglypuff is cut, Tingle is the big reveal, the game won't come out until the heat death of the universe, stuff like that.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627

I would actually be interested in that...surely i can't be alone in that regard?

Also, @Sehnsucht I've been meaning to tell you, I love and support everyone in your banner. It makes me happy. :chuckle:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I wish Nintendo's Super Smash Bros 4 Official Site told us the Direct was at 6 PM instead of 3 PM.
It's 6 PM for us East Coast Murickans.

The only real time I've seen that is pre-conference E3 coverage. Sakurai isn't the guy to do that to us, thankfully. :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If Pacman gets in I won't be completely ****ed... There are worse characters Sakurai could add.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If the newcomer turns out to be Isaac think of how the Golden Sun VC sales will skyrocket.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Think negative thoughts. Ness is cut, Jigglypuff is cut, Tingle is the big reveal, the game won't come out until the heat death of the universe, stuff like that.
But I can't! I am too optimistic!

I know right! I'm hoping for a release date. He will most likely reveal another new comer as well
Yes pleaaasse!

Vez

Smash Apprentice
One thing I'd really like is for us to hear some music, preferably a clean version of the main theme. That and the character selection screen would be neat, though I'm certainly not expecting the latter until we have the whole starting roster.
Yeah, after the characters the music is definitely the most exciting part of Smash Bros. to me. We don't even know what composers are taking part in these games yet. I'd love to have info on that.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Guys it's not Pacman. Sorry, but it just isn't. He's already said he's unlikely to add more 3rd party characters, and I would honestly rather see a Nintendo character (cough cough NESS)

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, I'll be off for a while. Have fun with your hype shenanigans and posting gifs and whatnot.

See ya later!

(By the way, Isaac's reveal would really combine well with his game's release on the VC. Would be good marketing, if I do say so myself.)

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Guys it's not Pacman. Sorry, but it just isn't. He's already said he's unlikely to add more newcomers, and I would honestly rather see a Nintendo character (cough cough NESS)
he never said that... there will be many more newcomers! trust me....and the direct!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I guess I'll do my part in being a responsible mod and further emphasize that once the Direct starts not to use gifs or videos. This site is going to be on wobbly legs as it is *points at 200 people already in thread* and if we get a megaton reveal like Ridley or Mewtwo this site is going to collapse faster than a fat kid chasing an ice cream truck during an Arizona summer. Let's try to keep this site at least somewhat functional because I'm sure there's also going to be a tidal wave of new members once this Direct concludes too. In short, hold your applause until the end of the performance.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
My dream reveal tonight would be Isaac, Shulk and Mewtwo.

Although it's probably unlikely we'd see both Isaac and Shulk in the same direct. So Isaac/Shulk and Mewtwo would be great.

Top Bottom