• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
#TeamIsaac, #TeamTakamaru and #TeamReleaseDate.
That's very interesting. I'll have to look into it, but another time. Going to see some friends.

In of itself, I'm not sure if Wonder-Red would be in the game. He seems too new and there are a lot of other characters people would like. Not to say it's unlikely, but I wouldn't think about it if you didn't say something. I would be totally fine with Wonder-Red or any Wonderful 101 character. As an aside, I want Shulk, so hopefully that happens eventually.
Being too new is not an issue. Roy in Melee is proof of this.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
#TeamPalutena
  • Hinata2000100
  • Motor Bug 2005
  • Young Horsetail
  • Andimidna
  • OhHeyDJ
  • APC99
  • SSBBDaisy
  • TaichiYaegashi
  • KingofPhantom47
  • Embers to Ashes
  • SegaNintendoUbisoft
  • KaBlamJamDan
  • Lozjam
  • Kira Yoshikage
  • Wario Bros
  • BeatNinja
  • Typs
  • Metaknave
  • Arcadenik
  • Hammer Man
  • SuperMii3D
Also, this is my last update for now as I'll be sleeping, considering how late it is for me. Someone else can take over for me if they want to.
I'm not on for Team Palutena, especially with my sig? How could you forget me of all ppl!?
*sulks in corner*

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I'd also like to join Team Mewtwo, I already posted that in a post with Yoshi, so I'm guessing that's how it got skipped

Alsoo...

#TeamMidna
#TeamTiki
:troll: yes.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Being too new is not an issue. Roy in Melee is proof of this.
The difference is Roy was representing an established/long-running franchise, whereas W101 is a completely new IP. The two situations aren't really comparable.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
#TeamMewtwo
#TeamPalutena

They're the only characters I'd bet money on for this direct. Little Mac was exciting but predictable, we haven't gotten a bombshell since Megaman, Mewtwo would be a bombshell.

Which, does anyone else find that weird? The character that was taken from us is so hyped for a return, but I don't remember him being that popular back on Melee...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
#TeamShulk
#TeamK.Rool
#TeamMewtwo
#TeamTingle / #TeamAnyNewOrUpdatedZeldaCharacterIsFineWithMe

That being said. . . I wouldn't mind hearing about online functionalities, though that may be saved for E3. I believe it goes without saying that we all would like the game to potentially have the least amount of lag as possible, but hearing something akin to lobbies, leader boards and voice chat would be pleasant (really, I find it saddening that I need bother mentioning the possibility of voice chat, when it should just be inevitable).

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
This is good timing. I will be able to watch the direct after my College Classes. Something to look forward to once school is over.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Do you guys think we'll hear anything about online?
Maybe something akin to Mario Kart TV? Voice chat? We can't do hashtags till Tuesday...

I wish voice chat is implemented into the game, but something tells me I should know better.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
#teamgrosslyincandecent i hope you will all join me for jolly cooperation

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
You guys DO realize that the person keeping track of #Teams has gone to sleep right?
Which, does anyone else find that weird? The character that was taken from us is so hyped for a return, but I don't remember him being that popular back on Melee...
Mewtwo is popular because he's the only unique character that was cut. (Roy and him are also the only cut characters that are essentially their own characters, and that's why roy is pretty popular, too.) I think that anyone getting cut from sm4sh will get a massive following for them to return in the next game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Mods going to the funny bar eeehh?? :troll:
Moreso this:
I came here for discussion. All I get is hashtags
Not often are me and chu in agreement.

Is it really gonna matter who is on what team? As long as we get a generally popular newcomer revealed, many people are going to jump to having secretly supported the "winning" team all along anyway. :rolleyes:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Is it really gonna matter who is on what team? As long as we get a generally popular newcomer revealed, many people are going to jump to having secretly supported the "winning" team all along anyway. :rolleyes:
Please don't take this away from us.

It's all we have. :urg:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Please don't take this away from us.

It's all we have. :urg:
How sad. But don't worry, I'm too lazy to try and do anything about all them hashtags even if I could. I don't understand people being on multiple possibly opposing teams though. Didn't know that's how teams worked. :smirk:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
How sad. But don't worry, I'm too lazy to try and do anything about all them hashtags even if I could. I don't understand people being on multiple possibly opposing teams though. Didn't know that's how teams worked. :smirk:
If I had to pick only one, I could easily. But Mewtwo deserves support as well. I miss that crazy quasar-smashing mofo.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't understand people being on multiple possibly opposing teams though. Didn't know that's how teams worked. :smirk:
Because we need to be disappointed in the greatest way possible.
All the while yelling at everyone else proclaiming that "My character is better!"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm so excited for this. So much hype, haha.

I'm sorry N3ON, but...#TeamChrom

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
#TeamShulk
#TeamIsaac
#TeamPalutena

I don't see these hashtags as a means of competition, more so just rooting for who we want and publicly showing our support.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I wish they announced this on Monday. I would be so much more productive with my life... Now I'm in suspense until Tuesday...

T

Trick or Treat

#TeamMomentumAndCombos

I'm not even kidding, you could have the most amazing roster in the world but it wouldn't mean much if the game ended up being another Brawl. I just want gameplay that's good enough to reunite our community.
Brawl was pretty good.

Top Bottom