• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
For the popular/likely ones, I support the following:

#TeamPalutena
#TeamChrom
#TeamTakamaru
#TeamShulk
#TeamIsaac
#TeamDixie
#TeamPac-Man
#TeamMii

For the unlikely ones, I support the following:

#TeamToad
#TeamMeowth
#TeamTingle
#TeamDuckHuntDog
#TeamWanderingHeroes
#TeamSimonBelmont

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
**** homie, that don't mean we don't want to see footage. We haven't seen anything substantial since last years E3. The only SSB4 match we've seen is that one with the announcer. and I'm pretty sure we've ALL seen that video :laugh:
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying that I'm the only one that cares about footage, just that I'm one of the rare people here who doesn't give a single **** about anything else.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
#TeamPalutena
  • Hinata2000100
  • Motor Bug 2005
  • Young Horsetail
  • Andimidna
  • OhHeyDJ
  • APC99
  • SSBBDaisy
  • TaichiYaegashi
  • KingofPhantom47
  • Embers to Ashes
  • SegaNintendoUbisoft
  • KaBlamJamDan
  • Lozjam
  • Kira Yoshikage
  • Wario Bros
  • BeatNinja
  • Typs
  • Metaknave
  • Arcadenik
  • Hammer Man
  • SuperMii3D
#TeamChrom
  • Young Horsetail
  • Mask O' Gears
  • OhHeyDJ
  • TaichiYaegashi
  • Oblivion129
  • Andimidna
  • Arcadenik
  • Hammer Man
#TeamTakamaru
  • Sehnsucht
  • Brawler610
  • Armlesspuppeteer09
  • Andimidna
  • Arcadenik
#TeamShulk
  • Embers To Ashes
  • WildBam
  • Brawler610
  • yoonb
  • Andimidna
  • Arcadenik
#TeamIsaac
  • Fenrir VII
  • Byxas
  • KaBlamJamDan
  • Andimidna
  • Radical Beam
  • Arcadenik
#TeamRidley
  • ROY
  • Byxas
  • D-idara
  • Wariofan1
  • TewnLeenk
  • Alderlaro5
  • APC99
  • Majoramaskfan
  • Armlesspuppeteer09
  • KingofPhantom47
  • BeatNinja
  • Typs
  • Metaknave
  • Andimidna
  • Envy
  • SuperMii3D
#TeamMewtwo
  • Moped of Justice
  • Embers to Ashes
  • APC99
  • Brawler610
  • Armlesspuppeteer09
  • Yonder
  • Typs
  • Metaknave
#TeamSnake
  • Tornado_Man
  • Andimidna
#TeamDixie
  • Young Horsetail
  • SSBBDaisy
  • Wario Bros
  • Andimidna
  • Arcadenik
#TeamPac-Man
  • SegaNintendoUbisoft
  • APC99
  • Wario Bros
  • CyberWolfJV TheGuy07
  • Arcadenik
  • Hammer Man
#TeamLucina
  • Byxis
  • Andimidna
#TeamK.Rool
  • MoonMonkey
  • APC99
  • Rockaphin
  • Brawler610
  • Wario Bros
  • Wariofan1
  • Armlesspuppeteer09
  • CyberWolfJV TheGuy07
  • Radical Beam
#TeamPaperMario
  • Aldelaro5
  • KaBlamJamDan
  • Rockaphin
  • Radical Beam
#TeamReggie
  • KaBlamJamDan
#TeamHades
  • Brawler610
#TeamMii
  • Arcadenik
Also, this is my last update for now as I'll be sleeping, considering how late it is for me. Someone else can take over for me if they want to.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I wonder if the Direct will be presented in a very straight forward fashion. Sakurai could easily open with a newcomer, show us Classic/Adventure mode, throw in a stage or two then be done. I hope it's more random than that - and I hope we get more than one new trailer that doesn't just focus on a newcomer.

Hearing some info about music would be great too.

T

Trick or Treat

I came here for discussion. All I get is hashtags
Don't you mean...

#icameherefordiscussionalligetishashtags

#swag

Anyway yeah, I get out of work at 6 on Tuesday, which is right when it starts for me. Perfect timing.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Gotta admit, i'm going to get giddy just seeing Sakurai talk about the game. So many different hopes and expectations is not a good thing, however. I do think that Sakurai will pull off a hype newcomer or veteran to make everyone happy, anyway.

and also

#TeamShulk
#TeamSnake

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I came here for discussion. All I get is hashtags

Sorry, we're fresh out of discussion. The special right now is hashtags with a side of hype.

In all seriousness, the only discussion that has been going around is whether or not we'll see a release date or not.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
This is boring.

How about #TeamImprovedGameplayMechanics?
I actually agree with you 100% Here.

#TeamImprovedGameplayMechanics
Muster
Eternal phoenix Fire

#EmbraceTheChrom
Niko Mar

#Teamotherlamestuff
everyone else

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
#TeamPac-Man for me! Oh, and #TeamMewtwo if I can be on two. If not, just Pac-Man! I NEEDS HIM IN THIS GAME!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Don't you mean...

#icameherefordiscussionalligetishashtags

#swag
Enough hashtags. Predictions!

In truth, they could show off a number of things. The Dojo was originally started around April so it's possible it could be something similar. I think they'll make the official website more official and add pages for stages, items, other content, and maybe even music. It will probably update more like Melee (every week or so). They'll show off one newcomer for sure. I expect it will open with a new trailer which will show off stages and what not. He'll likely expand on what the two games do and how they connect and probably the single player mode too. I expect more Wii U stages to be shown, like maybe a Starfox stage. He'll likely have some more footage and he'll state that the game will be playable at E3. I've seen some people say Pac-man and Mii will be shown, but I don't think it will happen. Sounds like putting the rumor before the reveal. I think Megaman and Sonic are the only two third party characters, which works as a lot of people like them. There isn't another third party character everyone can agree on and ones like Pac-Man has a strong negative response to them. I will say that if they are going to show another third party character. it would be either now of E3. For what new characters could be shown.......it could be anyone. Palutena, Ridley and Chrom seem likely. These three seem liked enough and well known enough that people will get behind them, but we'll have to see. There may not be any veterans, but I expect they'll show the veterans off slowly like the Dojo did. It wont be like the now where they are tied to releases and anniversaries. They'll say the release date if it's close.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Not sure if this will affect your predictions, But Platinum game's main dev has apparently retweeted Sakurai's direct tweet. The last team that did that was Next Level Games and that was the February direct.
(Wonder red pls)

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

In truth, they could show off a number of things. The Dojo was originally started around April so it's possible it could be something similar. I think they'll make the official website more official and add pages for stages, items, other content, and maybe even music. It will probably update more like Melee (every week or so). They'll show off one newcomer for sure. I expect it will open with a new trailer which will show off stages and what not. He'll likely expand on what the two games do and how they connect and probably the single player mode too. I expect more Wii U stages to be shown, like maybe a Starfox stage. He'll likely have some more footage and he'll state that the game will be playable at E3. I've seen some people say Pac-man and Mii will be shown, but I don't think it will happen. Sounds like putting the rumor before the reveal. I think Megaman and Sonic are the only two third party characters, which works as a lot of people like them. There isn't another third party character everyone can agree on and ones like Pac-Man has a strong negative response to them. I will say that if they are going to show another third party character. it would be either now of E3. For what new characters could be shown.......it could be anyone. Palutena, Ridley and Chrom seem likely. These three seem liked enough and well known enough that people will get behind them, but we'll have to see. There may not be any veterans, but I expect they'll show the veterans off slowly like the Dojo did. It wont be like the now where they are tied to releases and anniversaries. They'll say the release date if it's close.
Based on the rate of this thread, I doubt people will have the time to read this. :p

Not sure if this will affect your predictions, But Platinum game's main dev has apparently retweeted Sakurai's direct tweet. The last team that did that was apparently the people behind little mac and that was the February direct.
(Wonder red pls)
@Arcanir clarified that the tweet is fake.

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Watch Sakurai ignore y'all thirst and add Tingle to the roster.

Last edited:

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
#TeamMomentumAndCombos

I'm not even kidding, you could have the most amazing roster in the world but it wouldn't mean much if the game ended up being another Brawl. I just want gameplay that's good enough to reunite our community.

Last edited:

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, but Pichu got cut, and he doesn't have nearly the following Mewtwo does to suggest he's going to return. I just really don't see it at all, especially when there are far better known pokemon to choose from.
Pichu is by far the most popular Pokemon to date besides Pikachu.
I mean it's a baby Pikachu.
Pichu's moveset in Melee was the most extraordinary and unique moveset we've seen in a Smash Bros game to date. I mean he had two taunts... c'mon.
Pichu fans felt the most pain when he got cut. It was completely undeserved and confusing.
Nintendo didn't want Pichu gaining more attention than Pikachu because they had already spent so much money on Pikachu apparel.
But it's time for Pichu to make a return.
Gen 2 needs more love and Pichu is the one to showcase it.
If he doesn't return I swear to god I am buying a copy of Smash just so i can burn it and mail it to Sakurai's doorstep.
This game is going to flop without Pichu, and at a time like this Nintendo can't afford to make that mistake.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
#TeamDeliciousTears
#TeamDisapoint
#YouMadBro
What happened to you and why do you hate fun so much?

Um, hmmm. Not what I want, but I feel like we're getting Mii, and I don't know if they'll be in the game but if they are I think Snake and Ridley will be revealed here, so:

#TeamMii
#TeamSnake
#Team Ridley

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Not sure if this will affect your predictions, But Platinum game's main dev has apparently retweeted Sakurai's direct tweet. The last team that did that was Next Level Games and that was the February direct.
(Wonder red pls)
That's very interesting. I'll have to look into it, but another time. Going to see some friends.

In of itself, I'm not sure if Wonder-Red would be in the game. He seems too new and there are a lot of other characters people would like. Not to say it's unlikely, but I wouldn't think about it if you didn't say something. I would be totally fine with Wonder-Red or any Wonderful 101 character. As an aside, I want Shulk, so hopefully that happens eventually.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Pichu is by far the most popular Pokemon to date besides Pikachu.
I mean it's a baby Pikachu.
Pichu's moveset in Melee was the most extraordinary and unique moveset we've seen in a Smash Bros game to date. I mean he had two taunts... c'mon.
Pichu fans felt the most pain when he got cut. It was completely undeserved and confusing.
Nintendo didn't want Pichu gaining more attention than Pikachu because they had already spent so much money on Pikachu apparel.
But it's time for Pichu to make a return.
Gen 2 needs more love and Pichu is the one to showcase it.
If he doesn't return I swear to god I am buying a copy of Smash just so i can burn it and mail it to Sakurai's doorstep.
This game is going to flop without Pichu, and at a time like this Nintendo can't afford to make that mistake.
*Shakes head in disbelief*

Yup. Ok then.

#TeamRidley
#TeamKingK.Rool
#TeamShulk
#TeamWonderRed
#TeamDillon

.n_n.
So much yes. Wonder Red + Shulk = uncontainable awesome.

Top Bottom