• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros at Niko's Returns! March 14, 2009. (SBaN #8!)

KingAce

Smash Ace
GG's, I think Niko and some others showed that brawl isnt as gay as everyone thinks yesterday, some of the matches were REALLY entertaining.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
wtf are you talking about Niko? Emotion is the LAST thing that's affecting my judgment. I don't know why people keep bringing up emotion when I've been studying brawl with logic not feelings.

And at this point, I just don't care anymore because I'm not having fun.

Why should I bother trying to play a game any further if I don't find it fun anymore.

I won't go into details so please don't ask for them.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
wtf are you talking about Niko? Emotion is the LAST thing that's affecting my judgment. I don't know why people keep bringing up emotion when I've been studying brawl with logic not feelings.

And at this point, I just don't care anymore because I'm not having fun.

Why should I bother trying to play a game any further if I don't find it fun anymore.

I won't go into details so please don't ask for them.
Agreed :chuckle:

: nate im cutting the vids now and il be uploading them a cuple at a time. There are a lot of complete sets of 5 so it might take some time but i will give you some really soon

Bug~

Smash Ace
pastaboy's diddy is good but not at my diddy's level yet LOL! MIRROR MATCH DIDDY WOOT!

but seriously..me and pastaboy entered doubles just cause we were bored and to get a couple of matches in..didnt want to be left out..we were expecting to lose 1st set to nikos but we didnt and ended up playing third lol! gg.

D

Deleted member

No **** you aren't having fun Eric, the way you play is so repetitive. No offense, but when I fought you, I didn't have fun either. You're your own worst enemy. You camp, you sit there and wait for people, you ledge-stall, there's nothing exciting about it whatsoever.

Certain people who read this will be quick to state that this is the nature of Brawl; campy and repetitive. Only one person I fought that day felt like a chore, and that was Eric...

I suggest you attempt playing the game like everyone else does, because the way you play doesn't work competitively, and I don't see anyway you could have fun with that playing style. I respect that you are a follower of Sirlinism, but really, there comes a time when using that philosophy doesn't hold up. Your playing style is evidence enough really.

With all that said, if you do end up quitting, I guess there's nothing left to say other than see you around. Good luck with everything.

This post isn't meant to offend you, by the way.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
i agree with basically what delorted said, I usually don't get upset when i lose because it teaches me a lot and i still have tuns of fun, but my match with er!x angered me a bit lol @ sudden death gayness.

LOL bug ye that was mad fun and diddy mirror this saturday.

MDK00

Smash Ace
Hey Jared! Add me on msn or something (superbrotha at hotmail) if you'll be uploading the vids cause I got lots of good music for my matches!
lol give him some nice poppin traxx plz! i need to pop while i watch!
hi5 on da falco. i seen u raise that baby bird to a falco(n) at my place good ****.

No **** you aren't having fun Eric, the way you play is so repetitive. No offense, but when I fought you, I didn't have fun either. You're your own worst enemy. You camp, you sit there and wait for people, you ledge-stall, there's nothing exciting about it whatsoever.

Certain people who read this will be quick to state that this is the nature of Brawl; campy and repetitive. Only one person I fought that day felt like a chore, and that was Eric...

I suggest you attempt playing the game like everyone else does, because the way you play doesn't work competitively, and I don't see anyway you could have fun with that playing style. I respect that you are a follower of Sirlinism, but really, there comes a time when using that philosophy doesn't hold up. Your playing style is evidence enough really.

With all that said, if you do end up quitting, I guess there's nothing left to say other than see you around. Good luck with everything.

This post isn't meant to offend you, by the way.
bolded for emphasis! lawlz
5 paragraph combo OUTSTANDING! delorted jus steals the words rite outta my mouth! i dunno if i cud have sed it better myself.

@nikoK: 10$ MM, bo5 @ GOML, i need to meet the beast for myself. all this talk of u bein a beast is makin me anxious!

@worldjem7: let hate consume you... then you will win... you are weak... cuz you lack hate. :mad:

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
So Pasta is reppin' Diddy? Any PT represent!?
I bust out my PT for training in a ton of friendlies, and one tourney fight... though, I was not expecting JL to use MK... so that kinda f*cked me.

Don't worry, I support the whole Pokemon tier (though Fox does replace jiggs due to jigg's lack of headband). So my PT should be making more appearances.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Agreed Jake, I can vouch for that. Eric, you camped the basement of Luigi's mansion when you were up a stock and about 70% AGAINST IKE, LOL. And you just stood in the basement for a minute, you never approached unless I was at 100%+.

Legit strats, but they are lame. Brawl is actually pretty fun without the camping and stalling.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Yea.. I can also say the same. Everyone that has played you didnt like to, theres a line between spamming at the right times as a strategy to win and spamming mindlessly. This isnt meant to offend you in any way but I don't see the point in camping the ledges whenever your up by even like 1%... it just makes the match stale and REALLY boring for both players. anyways if you do decide to quit then peace out.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Yea.. I can also say the same. Everyone that has played you didnt like to, theres a line between spamming at the right times as a strategy to win and spamming mindlessly. This isnt meant to offend you in any way but I don't see the point in camping the ledges whenever your up by even like 1%... it just makes the match stale and REALLY boring for both players. anyways if you do decide to quit then peace out.
QFT. I mean, it would be stupid to say don't camp/spam at all , but there is a point where the match becomes no fun for both players.

I mean, that's why Weegee's Mansion is banned :p

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
LOL the irony. Spamming the right times and spamming mindlessly? The whole point of spamming entails mindlessness.

Trying to say spamming is a legit tactic is like saying the tornado isn't broken. I'm surprised that after "using it as a strategy" up to 11 times consecutively while on the same stock, you still have the gall to say that it is some sort of tactical technique. The fact is that it is super-busted, plain and simple.

It works though so don't mind me. I don't got beef with you man, I got beef with the game.

(I still play though :D)

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I bust out my PT for training in a ton of friendlies, and one tourney fight... though, I was not expecting JL to use MK... so that kinda f*cked me.

Don't worry, I support the whole Pokemon tier (though Fox does replace jiggs due to jigg's lack of headband). So my PT should be making more appearances.
D= That ain't right. I'm going to drop Lucario so Jigglypuff gets more love. =D (Actually, I'm not sure about that...going to be dropping Lucario to focus on PT and TL more though.)
And hells yeah to Pokemon Trainer!

Though this makes it harder to be the very best like no one ever was...

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
D= That ain't right. I'm going to drop Lucario so Jigglypuff gets more love. =D (Actually, I'm not sure about that...going to be dropping Lucario to focus on PT and TL more though.)
And hells yeah to Pokemon Trainer!

Though this makes it harder to be the very best like no one ever was...
To catch them is my real test...

Woah, I didn't do shout outs yet...

Percon: Way to be gay and not show up for singles... pfft. One less scrub I had to beat I guess;)

Niko: **** son, you did good.

Kev: 0-Death flamethrower? What?

JL:... **** Wario... and dude, choosing MK when I thought you were gonna Wario??? Uncool dude. Good stuff like always.

Minus: Y'know, if you woulda just lost to JL in winners like I wanted, I woulda had a much better chance at getting further... jerk. You shoulda bust out Falco, Niko and laser spam don't go well. But good stuff.

Switchblade: F*cking werd dude. Teams at Bug's, and thanks for the Lucario figure... so awesome.

Delortd1: You were on the PR?... dude, shows how little I pay attention, I totally didn't know that. GGs.

Bug and Pasta: F*cking bananas... pffft... congrats on 3rd.

Kev again: Knock knock... who's there?... 0-Death b*tch!

Niko_K

Smash Master
Yup. It is still legal in doubles.

Also Nate and I are working on getting the video's together right now. I am cutting them and inserting music. They will be uploaded to my YouTube in their own channel when they are finished.

Expect them to be out later today.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Dont forget me vs JL, and Bug!

Actually there is just a whole lot of vids in total anyways. Gonna take a while for everything to be done.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Yo jarred, I think you have to get the ticket yourself, they asked for my student ID when I went to go buy it. Just make sure you tell them, there and back, Missisauga, 26 and 27. Not to mention I forgot to buy one for you also. srry :\

Do you think you could get your mom to drive us downtown in the morning?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Its going up on Niko's account.

Also you beat me one of our sets remember? How do you know I dont want that one? =D

MDK00

Smash Ace
lol nikok is not a beast in my eyes. hes jus fearless lol
my wallet says i can 2 stock nikoK
i need to have a talk with minus and kingace lol

Top Bottom