• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. 4 Analysis Videos (Now Not a Forgotten Thread!)

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Welp, I made a video for the historic and gospel like news we got today.

I'm still shaking from excitement.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
they did it. i cannot believe it. they ****ing did it. they gave us exactly what we asked for. wired GC controllers. even i thought it was niche and crazy

for anyone complaining

-items - who cares. theyre showing off the game. grand finals is no items anyway
- no m2k/mango - we all saw this coming. and honestly, its better off. we need our players to not blow it. and while im sure m2k and mango couldve/wouldve been on their best behavior, i feel safer without them. this is the first step in what could be a very long and rewarding relationship between competitive smash and not only acceptance, but encouragement and benevolence from nintendo. this is building up from 16 years of neglect. everything needs to be perfect. i do kinda feel bad for them, especially m2k who lives for smash.. but 6/10/14 goes as beautifully as it should, other players will get their chance

Tristan_win

Not dead.
It would be amazing if you did a video talking about why those people got picked once you did some more research on the one's you don't know. :3

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Aaand next video is up. It's a Top 5, just to hold ya over till my E3 stuff.

And with that let's get the hype train going!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Aaand next video is up. It's a Top 5, just to hold ya over till my E3 stuff.

And with that let's get the hype train going!
I agree with all

Although my most exciting thing about E3 is who will be revealed playable at E3, and whatnother items, stages, game modes, and game mechanics.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Yeah I'm super excited for E3. I'll probably get some friends and do a live speculation and reaction type thing and stream/upload it to Youtube. Would you guys watch that?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yeah I'm super excited for E3. I'll probably get some friends and do a live speculation and reaction type thing and stream/upload it to Youtube. Would you guys watch that?
give it a shot I hope one of them is a ridley detractor and we will already have a reaction of a ridley detractor failing.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Typical, overproduced, anime-esque opening was so accurate. Haha.

Seeing the opening cinematic for the first time will be so amazing. I really can't wait to get my hands on this game and your videos make me all the more excited.

Keep up the good work!

--

On a related note, I never knew how much I wanted Just-out-of-the-shower-Ganon as a playable character until now.
Not sure if I'll be satisfied with the game if he's not included, tbh.

D

Deleted member

I would watch it after the stream if you upload it, manly because I want to watch it silently without you and your friends screaming of hype, nothing personal, BUT, I would love if you made a stream on the invitational tournament

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Yeah I may do it then, I know we'ere having an E3 party together so maybe Ill hook up my twitch and such and upload it to Youtube afterwards.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
(sorry for double posting)

GUYS!

1,100 SUBS?! THANK YOU!

I've been on Youtube for years now, and it's been no-less than a dream to have this many subs. The most i ever maxed out on on past accounts was about 300, and that was saying something!

So what do you guys think I should do? Where do I go from here?! You guys are the viewers so whatever you think I should do must be good. But since I'm writing this post, I'll fill you in on my E3 plans.

Given the amount of info (I think I saw that Smash is getting a 90 MINUTE direct!) cramming it into one video won't give the detail it deserves, so I'll probably split up the info output into smaller videos, possibly being 5 minutes each. These would include the sections of the direct worth reading into, like how we had a veterans section, newcomer section, stages section, and so on.

But this only handles the direct, and I know as well as you we have a tournament and Best Buy events to take care of. So, seeing how this is the case I'll probably make individual videos for each character in the tournament (and, if i'm right, those will be the same as in the best buy events. But if there are different characters I'll add those to this list.) So, this will make it so I can give you more content over the course of the few weeks it takes to get out all the info.

So, here's what I'm thinking it'll look like:

- Character Specific Mini Videos (Little Mac, ZSS, Bowser, Wii Fit Trainer, Marth, Megaman, Pit, Villager, Pikachu, Mario, Link, Kirby, Samus, Rosalina, Sonic, Greninja, Olimar, Zelda and Fox; basically, every character within tourney and BestBuy demos)
  • These will be really short. Mainly, focusing on movesets, important details we will see like percents, any interesting details in regards to competetive standing and so on. Perhaps I'll merge a few characters into videos if they're REALLY short, but this is the tentative plan.
- Other characters mega analysis (Not playable at E3 and only in direct)
- Stage Analysis
- Game/Technical Overview Analysis
  • Will look at hidden game details, online details, menus, technical aspects (hitstun clues, advanced tech clues), modes, hints, accidental leakage (like Ness' sticker back in Brawl, something like those) and whatever else they show us.
- Newcomer Analysis
  • The newcomers shown, basically an analysis of their introduction and clues about how they'll play (And if there is Ridley, I'll have my little victory speech lol and RUB IT IN YO FACES)
.... so yeah, that's the tentative plan. I can only plan so far ahead for this stuff as... well I haven't seen what we'll be getting. You can expect this stuff coming the following weeks after E3. Not to sound entitled, but I want to ENJOY Smash Bros at E3 first, experience the hype and happiness it'll bring me, then tackle this stuff for you guys. I don't think I have to worry about being beaten by other channels (unless someone has a vendetta for me) because only I really do the hardcore look at the games, usually other channels focus on items and clouds ;)

But yes, these SHOULD all be out before the end of June. Also, I may do analysis on other games at E3, like if there's Zelda Wii U, or some big surprise game like Mario Galaxy 3, Paper Mario U, Mario Strikers U or Banjo Threeie (this is sorta my wish list). I wish to expand from ONLY smash to cater to more people and provide more content over the course of time.

So I think that's all I have to share, let me know if you have any suggestions ! and again, THANK YOU for your support. Alot of you treat me like some big time youtuber for some reason, but honestly, I'm just alax. I'm a smash player just like you and love it with all my heart.

BTDUBS, I have a twitter, it's probably easier for you if you want to see what's up with me to follow that so https://twitter.com/RelaxAlax

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I like your vidoes but please can you sqqquuuueeeesssseeeee in a top 10 newcomer wishlist video? please! I'd like to hear what charcters you hope wil come in.

also a roster prediction of how you think the final roster will be like thank you.

D

Deleted member

I like your vidoes but please can you sqqquuuueeeesssseeeee in a top 10 newcomer wishlist video? please! I'd like to hear what charcters you hope wil come in.

also a roster prediction of how you think the final roster will be like thank you.
He already did the Roster prediction video

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
With the multitude of gameplay videos we'll be getting from Best Buys, the Digital Event and the Invitational, I think it would be good if you were to group the important clips together and produce something kinda like a part 2 to your initial Hardcore Analysis including mechanics and the little details you notice.

It's really difficult to predict how much info we'll be getting, but I think having a separate video for each of the characters is only a must IF we get enough details to cover that. The thing is that EVERYONE does character/stage analysis videos (especially for newcomers), so I think it'll be important to maintain your focus on an in-depth, technical analysis. Because of this, I think it would realistic for you to have enough unique content to cover only about 1 or 2 videos while keeping it refreshing. As I'm sure you know that 1 great, lengthy, informative video will easily bring in more views and subscribers than 20 average, overdone videos would.

Best of luck with this!!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
With the multitude of gameplay videos we'll be getting from Best Buys, the Digital Event and the Invitational, I think it would be good if you were to group the important clips together and produce something kinda like a part 2 to your initial Hardcore Analysis including mechanics and the little details you notice.

It's really difficult to predict how much info we'll be getting, but I think having a separate video for each of the characters is only a must IF we get enough details to cover that. The thing is that EVERYONE does character/stage analysis videos (especially for newcomers), so I think it'll be important to maintain your focus on an in-depth, technical analysis. Because of this, I think it would realistic for you to have enough unique content to cover only about 1 or 2 videos while keeping it refreshing. As I'm sure you know that 1 great, lengthy, informative video will easily bring in more views and subscribers than 20 average, overdone videos would.

Best of luck with this!!
I dunno what we're gonna get next week, either, but regardless of that... If Alax makes 1 video or 20, I'm likely to watch them all. He's shown that he has a keen eye for footage analysis, and I enjoy how he explains things, and his videos are funny. I don't think he needs to do anything different from what he's been doing. I know I enjoy his videos, and apparently a lot of other people do, too.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Thanks guys, muchos appripotatos.

I'll figure something out. My main thing is NOT to delve into the videos everyone does and to continue doing what I do best. When I say do character specific videos I mean do what I did in the big hardcore analysis with each character, like how I had a section for each of them. I want it to be so i get everything i want to say out where it's easier to find. But then again, idk what E3 has in store I'm just preparing for an overload of information.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Hey folks!

I figured I'd bump this, I haven't posted in it for awhile, and I apoligize. I did totally forget about it so ... uh ... :|

BUT I've made some videos in that time, so for those interested, here they are (Also check the OP for all of them cataloged like a Sears catalog)

There are two parts. Neat!
Part Uno:
Part Two-no:

Hong

The Strongest
Sound statements on custom moves.

As a competitive player, I'll be pushing to make them standard by default. That is to say, if it turns out that we will have to go digging into the menus to change custom special moves, then yeah as a TO myself I can see a reason against them. But if it takes nary a moment, it should take little trouble to implement towards our character selection/counterpick metric.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I absolutely loved your custom moves vid. Very good points. I really hope they are used in competitive smash. I never got good enough to compete, though I did love playing competetively with people who were. I found one of the best way to get better is to get beaten senseless repeatedly, then go play against other people and see what you pulled out of it. =p

I may not have been competing, but I was certainly the best Melee player among my friends. =p Brawl too.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Good videos! I just watched your Ridley and Customizable Moveset ones, I like the points you make.
Thank you! I tried my best!

Sound statements on custom moves.

As a competitive player, I'll be pushing to make them standard by default. That is to say, if it turns out that we will have to go digging into the menus to change custom special moves, then yeah as a TO myself I can see a reason against them. But if it takes nary a moment, it should take little trouble to implement towards our character selection/counterpick metric.
Yeah, i agree with your sentiments on that. If they do prove to be a problem for time and such, then yeah, i agree. This also goes towards unlocking them and the extent of how many there are to collect and the practicality.

I absolutely loved your custom moves vid. Very good points. I really hope they are used in competitive smash. I never got good enough to compete, though I did love playing competetively with people who were. I found one of the best way to get better is to get beaten senseless repeatedly, then go play against other people and see what you pulled out of it. =p

I may not have been competing, but I was certainly the best Melee player among my friends. =p Brawl too.
Thanks alot! I hope they are too. I mean at first i didn't want a thing to do with them but now I'm leaning towards giving them a shot. And agreed. I had to get my ass beaten for years by a friend before i was able to best him.

micstar615

Smash Ace
I really enjoy your videos Alax! I was up till 1:30 AM watching them, you're very funny and you seem to have a great personality :) your discussions are always interesting too, and you're points are always valid and objective. Look forward to seeing more :)

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I really enjoy your videos Alax! I was up till 1:30 AM watching them, you're very funny and you seem to have a great personality :) your discussions are always interesting too, and you're points are always valid and objective. Look forward to seeing more :)
Thank you, you're so kind! I'm a little late on next video cause of camp I'm helping run this week so yeahh we'll be late this time around on the next big video

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Hey folks!

I figured I'd bump this, I haven't posted in it for awhile, and I apoligize. I did totally forget about it so ... uh ... :|

BUT I've made some videos in that time, so for those interested, here they are (Also check the OP for all of them cataloged like a Sears catalog)

There are two parts. Neat!
Part Uno:
Part Two-no:
You should try to not be double posting so often. You've done this twice within 10 posts. If people want to find your thread and comment, they will. You don't want to get into trouble.

Also, nice videos, but I think you need to add some GameExplain style "discussions" featuring more than one person. Maybe each week you could feature someone new. I'm pretty social myself, even I'd love to give a wack at it.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I just watched your roster prediction video. It's funny how similar your predictions are to mine (or were at the time, lol)

Personally I'm really happy with the Lucina/Robin over chrom thing, but I don't think it really impacts the rest of the roster that much.

I have to say I don't see too many other people hoping for excitebike (or my preferred always-on-a-bike-character, mach rider), so I appreciated that. I also don't see as much love for Pig ganon as I do for Ghirahim, but I personally think ganon is a better choice.

Personally, I think the roster is gonna be slightly bigger than you thought in that vid, mainly because of clones, like lucina. I'm assuming we're gonna hit 50, and probably go a bit higher than that (maybe 52, like you said)

I just hope we're right about Ridley because that's the only inclusion that's scaring me at this point xD. that's mainly mental scars from pre brawl talking, though. Personally, one of my biggest hopes for a final character is Ray from custom robo. less relevant these days, but he was an AT in brawl, and it hasn't been shown yet, so....

I'm just curious, how do you think the robin/chrom thing impacted the roster, and would you change your predictions now?

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Great videos as always! Are you planning to do anything for the reveals last week, or is there not really much you want to talk about there?

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I like every single analysis. There very well detailed especially the one of the direct that even some other couldn't explain.

The only part that was very little details, Is Olimar and Pikmin. I think the only thing you forgot a very important details that Olimar pikmins can Grab items and give to Olimar so he can use it for its own. Diddy Bananas are not a treat for Olimars Pikmin.

The rest is just Plain, funny and amazing.

Top Bottom