• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. 4 Analysis Videos (Now Not a Forgotten Thread!)

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Hey, I'm Alax, and I love Smash Bros. And I over analyse stuff. Not good for girlfriends, but great for Smash Bros!

I'm a Smash Bros content creator. I do stuff in videos and thangs. And I'm kinda funny i'm told so I fight for all that is good in the Smash realm. It's only been like 3-4 months and i've made it to 5k Subs! That's unreal. And it all started here so THANK YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE I LOVE U SO MUCH.

I've updated the OP to keep an archive of my videos in case some Smashboardians don't have youtube channels and wanna watch what I've made, so here ya'll are!

Now, I know this is true for me, but I find that other news sites and channels don't cover Smash Bros information in the same meticulous caliber as we do here on Smashboards. This analysis focuses more on the technical aspects and is voiced towards, moreso, the competitive community upon looking back. Not to say it'a completely aimed at that crowd, but at the end of the day that group cares more about the core of the games mechanics more than the casual player, and there is NOTHING wrong with that. I opted not to talk about the items, game modes and music because, quite frankly, they've already or are going to be talked about by many others gaming channels (GameXplain for the most part), so I thought I'd take a different approach not everyone can take. So, not to self-advertise, but please take a look. :colorful:
If you have any feedback, or if anything I missed, please tell me. I'm only one guy so I'm sure I did.
There are two parts. Neat!
Part Uno:
Part Two-no:

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Great video, man. I enjoyed watching it, and even though I've been analyzing and reading analyses of the Direct for a week now, I still learned quite a bit that I didn't know already, so thanks for that. Probably the best analysis I've seen so far, since the gameplay information we've received has definitely piqued my interest more than anything else. I'm also glad I'm not the only one that noticed Diddy and Lucario's HUD displays used their Brawl renders.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I liked everything in that video. Except for the Olimar part. I strongly disagree with you there, as a Olimar main myself. :L

Solomon

Smash Rookie
:O didn't notice the whole dust thing with hitstun, that's pretty Godlike.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
The hitstun changes are emotionally, spiritually, and sexually gratifying, fulfilling all my basic needs.

Time to become a hermit.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Really nice video.

Can't wait to see Ridley's video.

shaggypatriot12

Smash Cadet
Honestly the fact that theres actual legit, comboable hitstun in this game makes me so excited. Great analysis too btw.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I've liked your thread, liked your youtube video and subscribed. Absolutely wonderful job, you point out things I didn't notice, point out things I wanted to know, and kept me entertained throughout the video while keeping a fairly professional outlook with a few jokes in between that made me smile. I'm looking forward to your next video whenever it may be.

Edit: Rewatching for things I don't like which means I'm going to nit picking.
~ In your opening it sounds like someone says 'Come on *****, it's sonic speed!' I don't mind cursing but it feels really out of place
~ What is the Toon link Alfonzo logic?
~ "Looks like comboing is back" Oh no, you showed a Sheik clip, ....That 'combo' sheik did isn't a real combo. After Sheik did her jab jab Mario tried to Fsmash which sheik interrupted with a dtilt and that Ftilt although I can't say for sure but I don't think it would of combo if Mario just DI down into shield due to the obvious low percents. The knock back on the dtilt was identical to brawls sweet hit box and all. The Ftilt is looking to be very similar as well.
~ 'Also look at this' You say that while one short clip is running, pause for a second and then switch to another clip and explain what we are looking at. It took me a little while to realize that you weren't talking about the last clip.
~ Donkey Kong rolled off the ledge, wish you draw attention to that since I just notice.

Heh, not much to nit pick dude, once again great job.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I've liked your thread, liked your youtube video and subscribed. Absolutely wonderful job, you point out things I didn't notice, point out things I wanted to know, and kept me entertained throughout the video while keeping a fairly professional outlook with a few jokes in between that made me smile. I'm looking forward to your next video whenever it may be.
Wow thank you! I will not disappoint (If exams don't get in the way of course).

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Wonderful video. I found the character analysis very interesting.

Subscribed and eagerly awaiting more!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

~ In your opening it sounds like someone says 'Come on *****, it's sonic speed!' I don't mind cursing but it feels really out of place
~ "Looks like comboing is back" Oh no, you showed a Sheik clip, ....That 'combo' sheik did isn't a real combo. After Sheik did her jab jab Mario tried to Fsmash which sheik interrupted with a dtilt and that Ftilt although I can't say for sure but I don't think it would of combo if Mario just DI down into shield due to the obvious low percents. The knock back on the dtilt was identical to brawls sweet hit box and all. The Ftilt is looking to be very similar as well.
~ 'Also look at this' You say that while one short clip is running, pause for a second and then switch to another clip and explain what we are looking at. It took me a little while to realize that you weren't talking about the last clip.
~ Donkey Kong rolled off the ledge, wish you draw attention to that since I just notice.

Alfonzo logic comes from when you pick the Train level on the 3DS and someone is playing Toon Link, the driver is Alfonzo instead.
MvC3 did the same thing as well with Tron Bonne.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Damn! You spotted everything!
I learned a few new things.
Great video man.
Awesome editing and your video opening was really cool.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy

Eh, I really like the intro, it's sounds from many games I love (the 'come on *****' from GTAIV. You're right, it's so out of place. That's why I like it haha. But if i get a bigger audience I may change it.)

And sorry about the Toon Link thing, at this point it's become somewhat of a meme so I felt it'd be redundant to explain.

And you're right about the comboing, especially with that shiek clip. But i was pointing out more than that, more so the string of moves seen in following clips. Although, obviously, if you could DI out of the moves then these look really easy. As for the fluidity, it looks very spot on. No melee, but its something I'm excited for.

I know exactly what clip you're talking about too, the Toon Link one xD Yeah, I got that vibe post rendering but i'll know for next time.

And yeah i kinda touched on the roll a bit, as it's as basic as it seemed, but you're right, the rolling off edges is actually really sticking to the DKC games roots and that's awesome!

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
Great video! It was hilarious and informative.

I've subscribed to you in hopes that I see many more Smash videos from you in the future. I'd love to see you give tutorials and thoughts on the meta-game once the 3DS version has been out for a little while. :D

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I like to pretend I undertand technical jargon and am a competitive player, but I play brawl with the Wii remote and Nunchuk, so....

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Eh, I really like the intro, it's sounds from many games I love (the 'come on *****' from GTAIV. You're right, it's so out of place. That's why I like it haha. But if i get a bigger audience I may change it.)

And sorry about the Toon Link thing, at this point it's become somewhat of a meme so I felt it'd be redundant to explain.

And you're right about the comboing, especially with that shiek clip. But i was pointing out more than that, more so the string of moves seen in following clips. Although, obviously, if you could DI out of the moves then these look really easy. As for the fluidity, it looks very spot on. No melee, but its something I'm excited for.

I know exactly what clip you're talking about too, the Toon Link one xD Yeah, I got that vibe post rendering but i'll know for next time.

And yeah i kinda touched on the roll a bit, as it's as basic as it seemed, but you're right, the rolling off edges is actually really sticking to the DKC games roots and that's awesome!
More than than that, it's probably the biggest clue that Sakurai has paid a bit of attention to Project M.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Grade A work here, sir.

This board needs more threads like these.

EDIT: In fact I'd totally be in favor of a competitive Smash 4 discussion subforum like Brawl has. I think we have enough information and footage to warrant the addition.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I like to pretend I undertand technical jargon and am a competitive player, but I play brawl with the Wii remote and Nunchuk, so....
I understand all the technical stuff about Smash and I also play with the Wiimote + Nunchuck when it comes to Brawl/Project M. But that's only because I don't have any working Gamen-Cuben controllers, so I don't think I'm allowed to talk.

Anyway great video, it's a good analysis and got me to chuckle a few times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So... Does smash 4 appear to have brawls shield stun? Same shield drop frames?
I don't think we know enough yet to say but in the short clip of Sheik usmash mario shield it looked identical to how it would be in brawl but we are talking about frame data here so our eyes can't be trusted.

VictoriaYr

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2363-6451-1789
Nice video, I really enjoyed it. I don't know a whole lot about the technical aspects of the games, but it still makes sense to me. I like getting expert opinions for Smash (or any game I'm into), because popular outlets tend to be more general in their analysis and discussions. Just having someone say, "hey this game has this feature and that's a good thing" is helpful I think. I'll be sure to sub!

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Nice video, I really enjoyed it. I don't know a whole lot about the technical aspects of the games, but it still makes sense to me. I like getting expert opinions for Smash (or any game I'm into), because popular outlets tend to be more general in their analysis and discussions. Just having someone say, "hey this game has this feature and that's a good thing" is helpful I think. I'll be sure to sub!
Why thank you! And yeah, that was the premise of why I made it :)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Very nice video, you covered lots of things nobody else really is. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the Sonic changes, really makes me excited for him in this game.

Gave you the like and the sub you deserve!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Great vid. When i get home, i'm going to sub. We need more analysis like this. We can haz moar?

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Great vid. When i get home, i'm going to sub. We need more analysis like this. We can haz moar?
Well given how well it was received, I'll continue for sure. The next video will be on Ridley's case for Smash 4. Other than that, I'll prolly do stuff on coming directs, E3 trailers and even other stuff .... not sure of what yet but ... STUFF.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Well given how well it was received, I'll continue for sure. The next video will be on Ridley's case for Smash 4. Other than that, I'll prolly do stuff on coming directs, E3 trailers and even other stuff .... not sure of what yet but ... STUFF.
Stuff is good. Stuff is always good. Especially if it's jam-packed with info like this one was :crazy:

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Better than GameXplain but definitely tone down the "random" or at least make it funnier if you're going that route. A lot of hit or miss sections in there. I will definitely tune in to your next video though. I think you have what it takes to be a big youtube peronality similar to Maximillian.

Also, your intro is awesome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom