• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. 3D/U OST Contest! Round 27 - Midgar (Grading)

Ascended

Smash Ace
I've got favorites from both types of songs, but I'm partial to the vocal themes because I didn't really get into Sonic until the Adventure era.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I really hope Sakurai doesn't commit the stupidity of making Green Hill Zone a 3DS exclusive returning stage, I need my Open Your Heart and Live and Learn.
Aren't you a ray of sunshine? :p

Besides, we can always put them on Windy Hill Zone...

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Here's an interesting question for those Sonic fans out there: Do you prefer the classic tunes( for example, the Green Hill Zone theme or the Scrap Brain Zone theme) over the modern vocalized themes (such as Open Your Heart, Live and Learn, etc.), or vice-versa?
I tend to prefer the classic tunes as overall ear candy, as I think they stand better on their own as individual, quality compositions. I do like a lot of the level themes and instrumental tunes of the more recent games, but not so much the vocal themes. I did like a lot of the vocal tracks for a while, up until around Unleashed, but I think the trend of really irredeemably cheesy vocal themes started as early as Secret Rings. Some tracks, like Live and Learn and Dreams of an Absolution, are actually very well-composed and solid music pieces in their own right, despite their narm. Most of the stuff I've heard from Colors, Unleashed and the like doesn't appeal to me musically, so the cheesiness is harder for me to get past. But cheesy vocal tunes are nothing even remotely "modern" for the series. Sonic Boom, You Can Do Anything, and Sonic R's soundtrack are testament to that.

While the classic era had some amazing BGM tunes, however, so have the 3D games. For every Mystic Cave Zone or Ice Cap Zone in the classic games, there's been a Supporting Me or Rooftop Run in the 3D games.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Here's an interesting question for those Sonic fans out there: Do you prefer the classic tunes( for example, the Green Hill Zone theme or the Scrap Brain Zone theme) over the modern vocalized themes (such as Open Your Heart, Live and Learn, etc.), or vice-versa?
I honestly like them equally. City Escape and Reach for the Stars are among my favorite songs, yet a lot of the classic songs (Robotnik's theme from STH2, Ice Cap, Emerald Hill, etc.) and the newer songs (Deadly Six theme ftw) tug on my heart strings just as much.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I tend to prefer the classic tunes as overall ear candy, as I think they stand better on their own as individual, quality compositions. I do like a lot of the level themes and instrumental tunes of the more recent games, but not so much the vocal themes. I did like a lot of the vocal tracks for a while, up until around Unleashed, but I think the trend of really irredeemably cheesy vocal themes started as early as Secret Rings. Some tracks, like Live and Learn and Dreams of an Absolution, are actually very well-composed and solid music pieces in their own right, despite their narm. Most of the stuff I've heard from Colors, Unleashed and the like doesn't appeal to me musically, so the cheesiness is harder for me to get past. But cheesy vocal tunes are nothing even remotely "modern" for the series. Sonic Boom, You Can Do Anything, and Sonic R's soundtrack are testament to that.

While the classic era had some amazing BGM tunes, however, so have the 3D games. For every Mystic Cave Zone or Ice Cap Zone in the classic games, there's been a Supporting Me or Rooftop Run in the 3D games.
Endless Possibility and Reach For The Stars are amazing :I

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
The modern vocalized tunes are really hit and miss for me. I absolutely love Live and Learn and a lot of it has to do with how into it Crush 40 is; the singer really sells it with how he belts out every syllable. But then you get something like Pumpkin Hill and just...eugh. I like the tune just fine (more than fine actually), but the vocals just have nothing authentic to them and it really drags the song down.

The classic songs are more consistent for me and many of the older games have some of my favorite soundtracks jam-packed with ear worms like Lava Reef Zone, Chemical Plant Zone, Marble Zone etc. There are still some meh tracks, but it is not as much of black eye for the old-school tracks. Both the classic and modern tunes can fly as high as the other when they are good, but when they are bad, the modern songs crash much harder than the classic ones.

That said, if there is something I like more than Classic songs and Modern Vocal songs, it's Classic Vocalized songs.

Groose

Smash Champion
My grades are finally in. As usual I'll say the number of perfect scores: this time there were two. I had a lot of fun grading this round, and I hope you'll excuse me for taking so freaking long!

I have a special relationship to one song in the Mega Man series; I haven't shared it with anyone on this board in fear of influencing this round of the contest, but now that my grades are in I can finally let it out of the bag. So, if you'll give me a moment, it's time for a story.

I've always been good when it comes to school. I suppose you could call me a nerd--I have the 4.6 Weighted GPA and the 2170 SAT to match that description. I've always placed a lot of pressure on myself to excel academically, and my senior year was particularly difficult. Some awful notion of pride made me take four AP Courses, and I had to apply to colleges on top of that. When you couple that with my absurd loyalty to running Rate Their Chances, it made things very difficult to me all fall and winter long last year. My sleep faltered a bit, my blood pressure rose, and my nerves frayed quite a bit. That's why I quit running the music contest for a while, actually--I just didn't have the time to do it.

Spring is supposed to be the time when seniors are able to goof off and enjoy one last hurrah before heading into the real world. Unfortunately, this didn't seem to be the case for me--I was still trying to apply for scholarships all the way through April. You see, my hard work had paid off pretty well--I had gotten accepted into a lot of good colleges. The problem was that they were extremely expensive, and I was going to struggle affording any of them. Writing scholarships on top of cramming up for the AP exams was absolute torture, and at times I felt like I was never going to be able to handle it all.

One thing helped me pull through, though. I made a short playlist of music that was soothing and soulful, something that I could listen to when I was down and have my fears and worries fade away. Four video game songs were on that playlist--Dire Dire Docks, Aquatic Ambience, Stickerbrush Symphony... and Whistle Concert. Those four songs, amid others not related to video games, grew to mean so much to me.

However, my connection to Whistle Concert grew much deeper than that. I was listening to it one evening as I was doing my homework--I had had a pretty difficult day, but I can't remember why at this point. Anyway, as I listened to Whistle Concert, my mom walked into my room and handed me a letter from the college I most wanted to go to. That letter gave me a scholarship that took the pressure off of me for the rest of the year, and now I associate Whistle Concert with what is perhaps the most reassuring moment of my life. I absolutely love it to death, and I listened to it in its entirety every time one of you included it in your playlists. It's the reason I just had to grade this round.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I also lacked Whistle Concert in mine. I can only imagine what the Groose has graded my list...

No Whistle Concert. 0/40 see me after class.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Two perfect scores? Mine ranked between 24-35/40. :p

I'm picky, and Protoman's theme doesn't cut it (at least not on a stage as is the one in question).

Ascended

Smash Ace
@ Groose Groose

I LOVE music. Popular music, rock, metal, country, movie, video games, all of it. I know exactly what you're talking about with associating or connecting with a song. Thanks for sharing!

Groose

Smash Champion

I'm picky, and Protoman's theme doesn't cut it (at least not on a stage as is the one in question).
See, I'm rather peculiar in my grading. I don't feel that every choice has to be perfect to earn a perfect score. A 40/40 doesn't mean I think the list can't be improved, it just means that they met all the requirements. Despite what my comments on each list may suggest, I generally start everyone out at a ten out of ten in each category and work down as I see songs that don't work, rather than starting at zero and adding points for songs that do work. It just generally makes my grades higher, but they're still spread out as much as yours are--mine ranged from 29 to 40.

Also, I never said that I'd be rewarding people for including Whistle Concert in their list, though. So don't be getting depressed if you didn't have it...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, since I'm not grading (sorry again)... should we bring this round to a close?

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877

It just generally makes my grades higher, but they're still spread out as much as yours are--mine ranged from 29 to 40.
Watch me be the guy who gets the 24 and 29 scores. :p

Also, I never said that I'd be rewarding people for including Whistle Concert in their list, though. So don't be getting depressed if you didn't have it...
I'm not depressed about that. It's more that I'm not familiar enough with the franchise to be able to do it proper justice. My list is abysmal compared to everyone else's, in my honest opinion.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
@ Groose Groose

Thanks for sharing. :)

It really is a peaceful song.. perhaps my favorite of all video game music. At least in the top 5. :laugh:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
So, my inclusion of Whistle Concert (possibly) helped my chance with Groose, but hindered it with ---?

Oh boy. Now my only regret is not including the Mega Man 3 Theme.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Will the 3DS stages be forgoed once it comes out? We're running out of time and at this rate, we won't be able up get them all.

Not to mention, 2 songs per stage puts a damper on things.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
We could always just do 3DS stages post-release as picking songs to go along with what gets in the game. Like, cut our usual 8-song list by 2 to accommodate our usual limit.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Well, I wasn't in this round, but how long has it been? 1 month? 2 months? Just saying, you guys should be a little more strict on grading time.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I think it's only been a couple weeks since cutoff. Besides, if it weren't for those meddling judges and their dumb Yoshi, we wouldn't even be HAVING this game. :p

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I think it's only been a couple weeks since cutoff. Besides, if it weren't for those meddling judges and their dumb Yoshi, we wouldn't even be HAVING this game. :p
The judges have a Yoshi? Why was I not informed?! :troll:

It doesn't matter as much to me, as my departure date from the forums is almost here. Hoping we can get one more round before I'm forced to retire, though. :)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I do admit, as fun as this game is, the waiting times are a bit too long. :(

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The results of this round are in, the winner of this round is...

@ D-idara D-idara

Unfortunately only the two of were were able to finish our grades, so sorry for any inconveniences; especially the time to took to grade this round as a result. This was a very tough round to grade, and I can say that no one picked a song that I personally didn't like, so ultimately it came down to how we interpreted the grading categories. Congrats to everyone who played in this round.

[collapse=Results]
Brawler610 - 67
BillyTheKidd - 68
shinpichu - 69
TJ-Works - 73
PLATINUM7 - 68
FirstBlade - 72
APC99 - 63
Metal_Sonic - 59
Violenceman - 70
Ascended - 69
Captain Hotcakes - 70
TechPowah - 53
MaskO'Gears - 71
Starphoenix - 68
D-idara - 76
JumpMan84 - 61
General-Guy - 71
[/collapse]

[collapse=---'s Grades]
Brawler610
Importance: 4/10
Variety: 9/10
Popularity: 10/10
Fit: 9/10
Total: 32/40
Comments: Good to see multiple games in the Classic series, but it could use some from other MM games, I love Frost Man's theme, but I disagree about it for this particular stage,

BillyTheKidd
Variety: 10/10
Popularity: 7/10
Fit: 7/10
Total: 30/40
Comments: Some songs here had me surprised, and not all for the best, especially MM8's English Opening.

shinpichu
Importance: 7/10
Variety: 8/10
Popularity: 9/10
Total: 33/40
Comments: I think a different song than either Bass's/Proto Man's Theme could have been chosen here, props for the Killer's Medley, reminds me of the one they had in the MM10 Arranged Soundtrack,

TJ-Works
Importance: 6/10
Total: 34/40
Comments: Quick Man (B&C) caught me off guard as I'm really only familar with Roll's Theme from that game, props for having Wily 2 (MM9), besides being the most popular song from 9 (tied with Galaxy), if we're getting a song from that game that's my personal bet,

PLATINUM7
Importance: 5/10
Popularity: 8/10
Comments: Props for having something from Legends that's not FvsG, but Juno needs a bit more meat to it, the Cartoon Intro is all kinds of awesome but it's definitely not going to get into the game,

FirstBlade
Fit: 10/10
Total: 35/40
Comments: Interesting choosing Final Battle from 6, good strategic move having the MMX Medley even if it most likely won't happen, props for having X Vs. Zero, pretty much the only memorable thing from the late Playstation MM games,

APC99
Popularity: 6/10
Fit: 8/10
Total: 29/40
Comments: Good call with Fire Man for the Yellow Devil Medley,

Metal_Sonic
Total: 29/40
Comments: Actually the Yellow Devil doesn't have a theme, the song from the Arcade is an original song that is often mixed up with Wily 1/2 (MM1), you also forgot to include the confirmed songs,

Violenceman
Comments: Dang look at the RM Medley,

Ascended
Comments: Definitely a fair amount of odd choices, good call on the X Intro Medley,

Captain Hotcakes
Total: 32/40
Comments: Interesting choice with Wood Man,

TechPowah
Variety: 9/10
Popularity: 5/10
Fit: 6/10
Total: 24/40
Comments: Definitely the list with the most odd choices, a lot of these songs don't really fit or are that popular, props for having a Stage Select theme, but given how short it is it would probably been better in a Medley,

MaskO'Gears
Comments: That Legacy Medley has me scratching my head a little bit as to how to look at it,

Starphoenix
Comments: One of the few who I think has variety but without getting into awkward songs that don't fit, interesting choice in the Japanese MM8 Opening,

D-idara
Importance: 8/10
Total: 36/40
Comments: Closest person to reach perfect Importance, enjoyed listening to Dark The Moon, but SFxMM is an obsure choice given it's a fan game,

JumpMan84
Comments: LMAO at Guile's Theme, but it was awkward to grade, props for having Cossack 2,

General-Guy
Total: 35/40
Comments: Solid choices, had a hard time grading this one,
[/collapse]

[collapse=Groose's Grades]
So, last round I was able to give detailed comments about each individual section for each of your entries. Unfortunately, due to the size of this round, I was unable to go so into depth. Instead, I created a rubric of how I feel each category should look; you can read the brief comments I give you and consult the rubric if you don't fully understand the score. So, without further ado...
[collapse=Rubric]
Groose's Grading Rubric
Note: These are guidelines only. I prepared them before I started grading, and I did consult them while assigning grades.
Importance:
I see the importance category as a conglomerate of two points. First--does the track list cover most of the bigger elements of the game that's being represented? In this case, that means: do you have a good portion of your tracks drawn from the classic Mega Man titles? The second part of importance is doing a good job representing the series as a whole. To earn these points you need to have some music drawn from some of the other Mega Man canons. Finally, including things from different parts of the game is very helpful here; having an opening theme, credits theme, stage themes, boss themes, and stage select themes in tandem would be great for showing off a lot of important parts of the game. I expect to have some issues with this category with a lot of people choosing only music from classic Mega Man saga or only music from the second and third games in particular.

Popularity:
Look, I love listening to Mega Man music. It's some of my favorite out there, and there are a ton of good songs. If I haven't heard of most of your list, that's not a particularly good thing. As long as your list is predominantly (a few sleeper picks are OK) music I recognize as popular, you're earning the points here. I expect to give out pretty high scores in this category, as it's not so difficult to load a list full of popular songs.

Fit:
This was the easy category. Your objectives? Don't include songs from other franchises (especially if they don't have that trademark "Mega Man" vibe) and don't use too many slow songs that don't work overly well in a fighting game. I expect to give out lots of tens in this category.

Variety:
No two songs that are remixes of each other, no more than two songs from the same game, and songs from different parts of the series. Cover these three points, and you'll earn a ten. I expect moderately placed scores here, as I think people will lean somewhat heavily on certain games of the series and ignore most of the universe.
[/collapse]

Brawler610
Total: 35
Importance: 7
Popularity: 10
Fit: 10
Variety: 8
Notes:
Just glancing at your tracklist told me two things: he's going to do very well in popularity, but I'm going to have to dock points in importance for only representing the classic games. Upon a deeper evaluation, your popularity and fit scores do indeed go above and beyond the call of duty, as you chose pretty much exclusively the big name songs that fit well with the stage. It's really your decision to choose only the classic songs that prevents you from having a repeat of last round's score.

BillyTheKidd
Total: 38
Importance: 9
Popularity: 9
Variety: 10
Notes:
I like how you broke out of the box with Volnutt's Theme and Zero's theme, but I could have used even more outside choices like those. Both of those really helped all four of your categories, as they fit, add variety, are important to represent other games, and can be called pretty popular. Your variety is your strongest suit, as you didn't even include two songs from the same game, but your popularity is just a tad low as songs like Mega Man 8's Opening and Tomahawk Man aren't among the more popular songs in their respective games, let alone the universe as a whole.

Shinpichu
Total: 36
Importance: 8
Variety: 9
Notes:
The intro stage song from Mega Man X is an interesting choice. I think it really
helps your importance because it represents an important development to the series, but it's certainly not one of the most popular songs from X. Also, I would have liked to see a bit more variety outside of the classic series, but you did do well spreading out your choices within it. Your medley was particularly good. Oh, and props on the Theme of Bass. I agree that it works better than Whistle Concert.

TJ-Works
Total: 39
Importance: 10
Notes:
My user name here is Groose, but that's only because the name 'Metal Man' (what I used to go by on a lot of boards) was taken. He's an undeniably popular robot master, and his song is pretty darn popular, too. Whistle Concert is an incredibly important and popular track, but it's not usually suited for a fighting game; fortunately, you found a mix that actually fits pretty well. Outside of those two, I think you did a good job of including popular tracks, and you did well in branching outside of the classic series. I have no complaints, save for that you drew a bit heavily on the original trilogy (and thanks for introducing me to "Through the Air," which I've apparently been missing out on for a while now).

PLATINUM7
Fit: 8

Notes:
It's clear that you hand-picked your list to be filled with as many popular picks as possible, so it shouldn't surprise you that you earned a ten there. I'm docking points in fit, though, because SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT just doesn't really cut it for neon the stage we have, and the version of Whistle Concert you supplied is a bit slow for a fighting game (if you had found a more upbeat remix or at least mentioned you wanted one, it would have been fine). Although you didn't have quite the amount of songs outside of the classic games as I was hoping for, they all felt really distinct from one another and came from different sections of the games, which helped your variety and importance.

FirstBlade
Total: 37
Importance: 9
Fit: 9

Notes:
First order of business--you should go and play a Mega Man game. For have never played a game, though, you knew what was popular--Galaxy Man, Storm Eagle, Cut Man, Whistle Concert, and Metal Man all rock. I do feel that some work needs to be done to Whistle Concert to speed it up, however, as it's pretty mellow for a fighter. You did well in the importance factor by including important concepts like credits music and intro stage music, but I felt you could have reached deeper outside of the classic series. I do like the X vs. Zero pick, though.

APC99
Total: 34
Variety: 7
Notes:
I don't think Wily's Castle needs to be included separately when it's already in a medley, and I'm not a huge fan of how you stuck almost entirely to the classic Mega Man games; these points do hinder your variety. Additionally, I do have misgivings about Whistle Concert being a bit mellow for a fighting game. That said, I love the Robot Museum and your medley. Snake Man is definitely a good enough reason for me--it is one of the most popular and most famous songs in the series. Overall, you had a popularity overload but lacked a bit in the other departments, especially variety.

Metal_Sonic
Total: 30
Importance: 6
Popularity: 6
Notes:
Hmm. You don't have Spark Man's theme, which is a confirmed song, and you split the confirmed Mega Man 2 Medley into two component songs. Outside of that, I feel that you borrowed to heavily from outside of the classic series, which is where I feel half of the music should come from. I think that's why you're a bit lacking in more popular songs, too. Overall, I feel you need to work on importance and popularity a bit more next time around. Still, props for Volnutt's Theme and Zero's Theme.

Violenceman
Total: 40

Notes:
The fact that you acknowledged wanting to maintain the feel of the original Whistle Concert while speeding it up a bit means you get the big boost in importance and popularity I've been associating with the song while avoiding the minus one to fit that I've been handing out to most everyone using it. Combine that with your other songs, and you've maxed importance and popularity. When you factor in that I think you struck a great balance between classic and other series, and that you represented a lot of games in the classic series, I feel you have everything I came into this round looking for. I should not that I think the medley has a bit too many songs in it, but the idea is what's important, and the concept of having as many robot master themes as possible works. It's not the most elegant list, but I have no tangible complaints.

Ascended
Total: 39

Notes:
Finally, someone with the Mega Man 3 Intro! I think maybe one person beat you to it, but I haven't been seeing it nearly enough. Better yet, it's an awesome rocking version that'd fit into the game great. Moving on, I know we've had slow songs before, but they don't usually fit well, and everyone I personally know ends up disabling them even if they're great; while Whistle Concert is amazing for popularity and importance, it doesn't help your fit. Overall, I think you did really well balancing songs from different parts of the franchise, and your list came together quite nicely. Of course, you made me watch Prodigal Robot the day after Matt announced that he's ending Brawl in the Family. I hate you now.

Captain Hotcakes

Notes:
I do feel that Wood Man wasn't the best pick out there; his weapon is pretty popular, but I've never heard that his music was; if anything, it's one of the least popular songs from MM2. Still, your other picks are all pretty darn popular, so you didn't do badly at all in that category. I think that you struck a pretty old balance between classic and new. Also, a shoutout to the Blaze Heatnix track--one of the best sleeper picks I've seen so far.

TechPowah
Total: 29
Popularity: 5
Variety: 7

Notes:
I did notice, and I did care, that you mimicked the structure of a Mega Man game. I think that's a major boon to your importance, really--your track list contains all of the elements that say, "Mega Man." Still, I think it is also pretty important to bring in music from outside of classic series; classic is the focus, yes, but there's so much more to Mega Man than that. My major complaint, though, is that you chose a lot of songs that just aren't very popular. Splash Woman's theme is much less popular than Galaxy Man's them from the same game, Mega Man 8's credits is far less popular than Mega Man 3's credits, and so on. Some more obscure choices are OK, but you just had too many this time!

MaskO'Gears

Notes:
Napalm Man is an interesting choice, and I actually think it works well. I also like your medley, but I have to reiterate that I don't think Whistle Concert is the best fitting song out there. Overall, I think you did really well, but I could have used one more heavy hitter to really seal the deal.

Starphoenix
Total: 35

Notes:
I kind of wish that you worked both of the honorable mentions into your actual list, as you were rather confined to just classic songs and they're both popular songs that could have broadened your horizons. Still, your list is pretty solid as it is, as you got a lot of popular songs. I'm not a huge fan of Electronical Communications, though--I don't think it fits all that well.

D-idara
Total: 40

Notes:
Protoman's Stage is a great pick that I haven't been hearing enough of; it represents an important side character without being too mellow to fit in a fighting game. Storm Eagle is another pick I haven't been seeing too much of, which is strange as I always thought it was the third or fourth most popular song in the franchise. I feel your medley was good, but could have been better. Finally, I like the Street Fighter x Mega Man song even though I've never heard of it before. Yeah, I don't have any real complaints about your list, so I'm not going to deduct any points.

Jumpman84
Total: 31
Popularity: 8
Fit: 7

Notes:
Guile's Theme does not go with Mega Man, I hate to say. It dropped your fit, but it did raise your popularity and variety up quite a bit. Your variety in particular needed it because you didn't venture far outside of the classic series. Additonally, the Japan Special Stage doesn't fit very well either, and I don't recall it being particularly popular. Your list just didn't click with me this time.
General-Guy
Total: 36

Notes:
Interesting. I liked how you didn't focus heavily on the classic arc, but I'm not a huge fan of how you didn't vary the picks you had outside of the classic arc--they were all either from the X series or related to Zero, who I associate as an X series character. You had a ton of popular songs and they all fit, but you could have represented a wider variety of titles and varied your choices even more.
[/collapse]

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Finally! Good job to our victor! I guess I should have chosen Electrical Communication instead. :p

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
YES! :D I won! Congrats to everyone, still, all lists were great considering this is a Megaman round.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Congrats to @ D-idara D-idara !

I'm kind of salty about it, I thought Mega Man was my expertise and I'd at least be top 3. I guess maybe I'm just not good at this, and too focused on the classic series instead of overall. I'm beginning to fear I may never win or come close to winning a round. Ah well, maybe next time, I guess.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Congrats, D-idara! It looks like your persistence on doing Wily's Castle finally paid off. Dr. Light would be proud. Now keep on going for everlasting peace! :p

I have no regrets at my low scores. Though I do have one minor complaint...

Groose said:
Guile's Theme does not go with Mega Man, I hate to say. It dropped your fit, but it did raise your popularity and variety up quite a bit.
But... but... Guile's theme goes with EVERYTHING!! What kind of dark sorcery is this?! :troll:

Ascended

Smash Ace
I am pleased with my performance and congratulations to @ D-idara D-idara for your victory! I'm willing to judge the next round just as long as it isn't the Boxing Ring, as I want to enter that one as well.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Congrats to D-idara.

So will the contest speed up a bit or are we going to have several stages not done before release?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Congrats to D-idara

Sigh. Been looking back through previous rounds. Barring the bonus round and Animal Crossing rounds ( 'cos I didn't enter them), I think I've been second for 3 times in a row.

And now it's become 4 in a row. I think I've become this guy.

General-Guy

Smash Cadet
Congratulations to D-idara and everyone who participated! I'm very happy with my grades, 4th place is a hell of a lot better than how I did last round.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
HA! But can any of you guys claim to have 2 consecutive last places in a row?!? I didn't think so! :troll:

< ...
Maybe i'm not cut out for this. =P>

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
HA! But can any of you guys claim to have 2 consecutive last places in a row?!? I didn't think so! :troll:

< ...
Maybe i'm not cut out for this. =P>
You should see the abysmal scores I racked up during the first few rounds. I was nowhere near being the suave contestant that I am today. I think you'll start doing better as the rounds continue, so don't give up.

Top Bottom