• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. 3D/U OST Contest! Round 27 - Midgar (Grading)

theTRUEchamp

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if such a thing exists yet, but could somebody compile a list of all of the confirmed tracks for Sm4sh and the stage they're on? Sorry if this is in the wrong thread or if it's off-topic or whatever.

General-Guy

Smash Cadet
I don't know if such a thing exists yet, but could somebody compile a list of all of the confirmed tracks for Sm4sh and the stage they're on? Sorry if this is in the wrong thread or if it's off-topic or whatever.
Check the information thread

Groose

Smash Champion
So, I finished my second sitting judging your entries. I haven't finished yet, but I should later this week. Interestingly enough, this is the first time I haven't done all of the grades in a single day, but I'm trying to be consistent with my policy.

Last edited:

theTRUEchamp

Smash Apprentice
Who else wants to see Prism Tower as the next stage? It'd be really interesting to see what kind of tracklists people can come up with since there's so many different tracks in the Pokémon series.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Who else wants to see Prism Tower as the next stage? It'd be really interesting to see what kind of tracklists people can come up with since there's so many different tracks in the Pokémon series.
Sorry, but we have already done that stage...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
YAY! NEW JUDGES ARE FAST!

Speaking of new judges....

Say hi to them!

@ Ascended Ascended
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa
@N3ON

Also Frost judged this time too....

From now on, we're going to judge things a tad differently.

We have a judging pool. Essentially, whoever can judge out of this pool will do so.

This also means that you can welcome @ Groose Groose and @Venus of the Desert Bloom back.

Kinda... It's complicated.

Regardless... Let's get to the results!

[collapse="FalKoopa's Grades"]

[/collapse]

[collapse="Ascended's Grades"]

[/collapse]

[collapse="N3ON's Grades"]

[/collapse]

[collapse="Frostwraith's Grades"]

[/collapse]

[collapse="Final Grades"]
@AuraKnight : 134
@ BridgesWithTurtles BridgesWithTurtles :142
@ D-idara D-idara :132
@shrooby : 140
@Fastblade5035 :115
@ TJ-Works TJ-Works : 141
@Superyoshiom :135
@ Jumpman84 Jumpman84 : 139
@Ariand/AEM :139
@Olekidsf :131

@ Ascended Ascended : 97 (Take note that he didn't grade himself.)
@Swampasaur: 139

[/collapse]

This round's winner is...

BridgesWithTurtles!

Again...

You're too good Bridge! Stop that. :p

I'll update everything else tomorrow!

Either way, congrats and see you next time! :D
Here's the results for Prism Tower, @ theTRUEchamp theTRUEchamp .

theTRUEchamp

Smash Apprentice
Fine, I won't. How about Final Destination then? Looking through Captain Hotcakes' winning tracklist for Battlefield, I noticed that there were a few tracks that would actually fit FD more than Battlefield, such as the Boss Battle 1 theme and Tabuu's theme. I might even submit a tracklist myself if FD's done.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Fine, I won't. How about Final Destination then? Looking through Captain Hotcakes' winning tracklist for Battlefield, I noticed that there were a few tracks that would actually fit FD more than Battlefield, such as the Boss Battle 1 theme and Tabuu's theme. I might even submit a tracklist myself if FD's done.
No, we haven't done Final Destination yet. It would make for a great FINALE!! :p

LF2K

Floor Diver
New stage! At this rate, the game will be out!

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
There's no way at this rate we're going to get all the stages done.. :laugh:

We'll have to start doing 2 stages at a time.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah, not sure what's taking so long. No one else has posted in the judge PM since I finished mine...the other week.

Might be a good idea to get the next round underway. Or at the very least focus on 3DS stages given it's coming out first.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
"We gotta save third-parties for last! There's plenty of time left!"

I WARNED YOU, BUT YOU DIDN'T LISTEN...

LF2K

Floor Diver
We're six weeks away from the Japanese release. Which isn't really that far away. Lucky dogs...:(

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Hey guys... Remember the time when the judges took 3 days max to get their grades in? Ah, those were good times.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Oh I remember... those were the good ol days.. I, of course, never participated in the contest, but it was fun seeing what you guys came up with.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Gee, the judge with the Dr. Wily avatar is the only judge to have grades done for a Mega Man round. Why is that not surprising? :troll:
That's because I gave everyone a 0/40 :troll:

theTRUEchamp

Smash Apprentice
Here's a stage we could do: the new Paper Mario stage! I know it doesn't even have a name yet, but it'd be cool to see what people could come up with for a tracklist.

Groose

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm a bit over halfway. Working on it a bit now, but I don't have too much time left before I have to log off. Don't think I'll finish it until Friday or so.

...you're not getting any Johns from me today, guys. I'm late, and I know I'm late.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Face it, we're never going to get these stages done altogether. Sakurai loves content.

Depending on how much time we have left before the 3DS version releases, maybe we should choose a couple of diehard 3DS stages we want to do last? And a selection of Wii U stages to focus on thereafter?

Also the Hall of Fame still hasn't been updated.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Might as well come out and say I won't be able to able to grade. College work and other RL issues have eaten up so much of my time that I'm being able to spend only a small fraction of the time I normally spend here, and that too on mobile. I'll have to bow out. I seriously doubt I'll be able to judge future rounds too.

Apologies for the problems and inconvenience this caused.

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Might as well come out and say I won't be able to able to grade. College work and other RL issues have eaten up so much of my time that I'm being able to spend only a small fraction of the time I normally spend here, and that too on mobile. I'll have to bow out. I seriously doubt I'll be able to judge future rounds too.

Apologies for the problems and inconvenience this caused.
Don't worry, FalKoopa. Real life takes precedence over silly soundtrack contests. I don't want you to flunk out of college at my expense... So you go out there and kick its butt. :p

Anyway, as far as the stages we have left, I agree with other suggestions of upping the ante. For example, next round could have us do picks for Jungle Japes, Green Hill Zone, and Gerudo Valley, as a suggestion.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Don't worry, FalKoopa. Real life takes precedence over silly soundtrack contests. I don't want you to flunk out of college at my expense... So you go out there and kick its butt. :p

Anyway, as far as the stages we have left, I agree with other suggestions of upping the ante. For example, next round could have us do picks for Jungle Japes, Green Hill Zone, and Gerudo Valley, as a suggestion.
I really hope Sakurai doesn't commit the stupidity of making Green Hill Zone a 3DS exclusive returning stage, I need my Open Your Heart and Live and Learn.

theTRUEchamp

Smash Apprentice
Here's an interesting question for those Sonic fans out there: Do you prefer the classic tunes( for example, the Green Hill Zone theme or the Scrap Brain Zone theme) over the modern vocalized themes (such as Open Your Heart, Live and Learn, etc.), or vice-versa?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Here's an interesting question for those Sonic fans out there: Do you prefer the classic tunes( for example, the Green Hill Zone theme or the Scrap Brain Zone theme) over the modern vocalized themes (such as Open Your Heart, Live and Learn, etc.), or vice-versa?
I kinda like of them both, but in the end, the modern vocal tracks have always been cheesy in my mind, while the classic songs will remain classic and good tunes to listen to when you're working on something. But even songs from recent games such as Colours and Unleashed that play during the stages are equally good.

My favorites include Green Hill Zone, Ice Cap Zone, Mad Gear Zone, Windmill Isle (Day), Skyscraper Scamper (Day), Planet Wisp Act 1, Silent Forest Act 1, and so on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom