• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. 3D/U OST Contest! Round 27 - Midgar (Grading)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Now, let's see if E3 hype makes this round last 3+ weeks. :smirk:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Looks like we only got a couple of new stage reveals. And they're both Pac-Man stages for each console. I have no idea what songs would be used on them.

At least we got a few song confirmations (in the List of Confirmed features in SSB4 thread.)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Might as well use this opportunity to say that grading will take some time.

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Can't argue with someone with an awesome Pac-Man avatar. Wish mine was awesome...

LF2K

Floor Diver
One of the songs in Wily Castle is a medley of the Mega Man 2 title screen and the ever awesome Dr. Wily's castle theme.

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
One of the songs in Wily Castle is a medley of the Mega Man 2 title screen and the ever awesome Dr. Wily's castle theme.
It's interesting in that we heard all three tracks featured in the medley in Mega Man's trailer, but we assumed that Mega Man 2 title and Wily's Castle were different themes. Sakurai truly is full of surprises.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
That's seriously...so LAME, those songs deserve their own spotlight each, both of them are more important to MegaMan than any other theme. I just hope we get the theme of Galaxy Man from MM9, that one was amazing.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That's seriously...so LAME, those songs deserve their own spotlight each, both of them are more important to MegaMan than any other theme. I just hope we get the theme of Galaxy Man from MM9, that one was amazing.
Maybe there will be a medley and than the individual songs?

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
We already have Wily's Castle on its own confirmed (in its full 8-bit glory).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We haven't decided... yet. Though if that stage chosen, I won't be judging. My knowledge of KI Music is limited.

As for the grades, I'm more than half done... Should be done by today. Can't speak for other judges though.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Please let it be Palutena's Temple, I mean, Palutena got revealed :v
I just want that sweet-ass Ska version of Kappn's song.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Guys! Did you hear about the Rainbow Road medley on the new stage? It's really cool and combines tracks from GBA, DS, and 3DS. Kudos from me to you guys who had a medley idea, then.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
I've seen several times that a song for the current stage got confirmed during the round, it shouldn't btw.

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
That's not gonna count against people without medleys, right? Right?

Right?

RIGHT?!? :awesome:
When Rosalina was revealed during the Galaxy round, they didn't count the lack of the confirmed tracks against the contestants.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I hated how the music was so faint in the demo compared to the rest of the volume. I was putting my ears closer to that misangled 3DS screen just to see if I got Arena Ferox right. :<

But the medley actually sounds like it has good direction. All across the handheld Mario Karts!

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
So, uh, how is your guys progress? Not to be impatient or anything but I'm starting to get impatient :awesome:.

And for the next stage we should do Palutena's Temple (or anything but Pac-Land since everyone's suggesting it and BridgeswithTurtles will surely win) :smirk:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm not at liberty to speak about the situation, but progress has been.... slow.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Now that this round's in the judges' hands (and this won't jeopardize my list for the round :awesome:), I wanted to go over some honorable mentions for each round post-timeup:
* Final Bowser Battle
Origins: Mario (Super Mario Galaxy 2 <Wii>)
I very nearly put this on my list, but went against it last minute when I found the X-Naut Fortress theme, deciding that this theme would be better on Mario Galaxy or a hypothetical Bowser Castle stage.

* Rainbow Road 64
Origins: Mario Kart (Mario Kart 64 <N64>; Video uses Mario Kart 8 version)
I could've used this version, but I knew in my heart the moment the game turned to this stage that the F-Zero X version was the way to go.

So, the judges are having a hard time picking a winner because they're all so close? Is that it? </sucking up> :awesome:

Last edited:

Ascended

Smash Ace
GRADE UPDATE: Two of the judges got them in, one should be coming in soon, and one is working on them. This was a fun round, and I was really tempted to give @ BridgesWithTurtles BridgesWithTurtles a perfect score for the Rainbow Road parody song, but I didn't.

Groose

Smash Champion
Yeah, I just got mine in. I apologize for everyone for the delay; it really hasn't been for any good reason other than my forgetfulness. I'll jump on them right away next time, OK?

So, you want a breakdown? My scores were all over the place. I gave out three perfect scores, yet I also gave out three scores in the mid-20s. I had a few scores in the upper 30s and a few in the lower 30s. Interestingly enough, I don't think I had any mid-30s in my results.

I have a feeling that my scores are going to make or break some people this round; I do think I did give very thorough explanations in those cases, however. Instead of giving a brief blurb at the end of my score, I individually detailed each of the four categories. That said, I'll still be taking any questions for when you get your scores back!

...I'm getting kinda nervous and intimidated about all the lists that are getting likes from the judges. :p
I don't even look at the tracklists posted until the round ends; if I like one before then, it's usually only because they have some sort of meme or joke beforehand. I also don't play favorites in my grades.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Yeah, I just got mine in. I apologize for everyone for the delay; it really hasn't been for any good reason other than my forgetfulness. I'll jump on them right away next time, OK?

So, you want a breakdown? My scores were all over the place. I gave out three perfect scores, yet I also gave out three scores in the mid-20s. I had a few scores in the upper 30s and a few in the lower 30s. Interestingly enough, I don't think I had any mid-30s in my results.

I have a feeling that my scores are going to make or break some people this round; I do think I did give very thorough explanations in those cases, however. Instead of giving a brief blurb at the end of my score, I individually detailed each of the four categories. That said, I'll still be taking any questions for when you get your scores back!

I don't even look at the tracklists posted until the round ends; if I like one before then, it's usually only because they have some sort of meme or joke beforehand. I also don't play favorites in my grades.
I'm probably one of the ones you gave your mid-20s to, am I right? :troll:

That's what I get for asking about an all Rainbow Road tracklist.

Ascended

Smash Ace
While we wait for the rest of the grades to come in, what's everyone's favorite version of Rainbow Road?
Mine would have to be Mario Kart 7 and F-Zero X.

Top Bottom