• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. 3D/U OST Contest! Round 27 - Midgar (Grading)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Thank you, Groose.

I'm hoping for the best. I think I did pretty well, but the competition was tough. Looking forward to the results.

Just because we're on good terms, doesn't mean I took it easy on you in the judging, you know. Anyway, ROCK ON!

This will forever be the best Phoenix Wright gif to grace Smashboards.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
(Posting on Swampasaur's behalf...)
Grades are done. Here you go!
[collapse=Ascended''s Grades]
Here comes me!

MaskO' Gears:
Importance: 8/10
Variety: 8/10
Popularity: 9/10
Fit: 9/10
Total: 34/40
Comments: I'm gonna start out my grades by saying I am so glad the Animal Crossing title theme is mandatory, because I think that is THE best song in the Animal Crossing series. Anyway, I like your night remix medley, and I like that you brought back K.K. Rider (which is my personal favorite Animal Crossing song.) I also thought it was cool that you used the mayor theme to represent New Leaf, and I like your reasoning behind it. Nice list.

D-idara:
Variety: 9/10
Total: 35/40
Comments: Another list that brings back K.K. Rider! I find it interesting that you put 7PM on its own as opposed to MaskO' Gears' night medley. K.K. House sounds like a sweet battle song and helps with the variety. I also liked that you put the Sim City title them on there, although it is a little repetitive, so maybe a new arrangement would fix that. Overall, nice list.

APC99:
Comments: I like that you brought back K.K. Rider (Animal Crossing games have credits?) and I like that you brought back The Roost. I think putting in a song to represent Tom Nook is a great idea, and 5PM and The Fireworks Festival sound good. Bonus points for K.K. Delilah.

BillyTheKidd:
Importance: 9/10
Fit: 10/10
Total: 37/40
Comments: Now this is what I would expect from an Animal Crossing stage! Songs that are peppy, upbeat, and whimsical! K.K. Rockabilly sounds like it'd be awesome, I love that you brought back 2AM, I FREAKING LOVE Nintendo Land! (Especially the Sweet Day minigame, so props for that medley!) and I like that you've got the last major console Animal Crossing game represented through its main theme! Also, here's some cookies for Through the Fire and the K.K.

FirstBlade:
Fit: 8/10
Comments: Another solid list. I like that you put in Shampoodle and I agree that it would make a nice arrangement for Smash Bros. I don't like Town Hall/Tom Nook's store coming back. I always found that song annoying and not suitable for a fight. Everything else is good though.

Violenceman:
Comments: Whoo! More Nintendo Land Music! That, plus the returning tracks from Brawl, the K.K. Bubblegum song, and the already confirmed tracks make this a nice list. I also like that you went outside the series with a Mario Paint song, which I believe has the same composer as the Animal Crossing series. Good job!

BridgesWithTurtles:
Popularity: 10/10
Comments: Great list! You've got both title themes, plus some variety with Shampoodle and K.K. House! I would have liked to have seen K.K. Rider, but other than that, I think this is a very strong list!

PixelPasta:
Variety: 7/10
Total: 33/40
Comments: I like that you brought back K.K. Rider and put in the other title theme. That indoor medley is interesting, but as it is it sounds really boring as all the songs sound the same to me. Overall, a decent list, but I think being more descriptive of what the songs would sound like in new arrangements would have helped out here.

KingofPhantoms47:
Total: 32/40
Comments: Did you just rip off PixelPasta's medley? Anyway, the only real standouts here are the title theme and K.K. Rider. Everything else sounds the same or boring. I would have thrown in some more upbeat or arranged versions of songs to help that variety out.

shrooby:
Total: 36/40
Comments: Another great list! I like the town hall/Shampoodle medley and the idea behind it. I also like that you brought in the Wild World title theme, and K.K. Ragtime sounds like it'd work really well for a fight! I also like The Roost and 2AM coming back, and major points for K.K. Rickroll.

Tailisu10:
Comments: You've got K.K. Bubblegum and K.K. Rider, plus both title themes. Since nearly everyone has been doing this, I'm going to take the time to say that I don't think 7PM or the "Town Medley" would work for this stage. 7PM as it currently sounds despite its popularity is too serious and somber for the stage (I think it needs a new arrangement) and the Town Medley is just straight up boring. (It also needs a new arrangement.) Aside from that, this is a pretty average list.

Jumpman84:
Popularity: 10/10
Comments: You've got both title themes, Shampoodle, Town Hall, a sweet medley/arrangement of The Roost, Resetti's theme, NO HOUR THEMES (Thank Naga) and I think K.K. Slider doing the Brawl theme would be pretty awesome. This, along with BillyTheKIdd are my two favorite lists, and I wouldn't mind either of them being official.

Gosh, that was rough. Animal Crossing has some songs that are great for a fighting game, but people kept picking the slow, boring, or annoying songs! At least say how it would be remixed or arranged if you're going to do that!
[/collapse]
[collapse=FalKoopa's Grades]
[collapse=MaskO'Gears]
Importance: 9
Popularity: 8
Variety: 9
Fit: 8

A good list. Along with the mandatory picks, it includes a night-time theme (the Night Remix medley), the popular Go! K.K. Rider, and songs which K.K. Slider plays on Saturday Nights. I'll have to take off points for Hypno K.K. though, as I don't think it suits the stage well, nor is it as popular as some other K.K. songs.
[/collapse]
[collapse=D-idara]
Importance: 8
Popularity: 9
Fit: 10

I really liked your list. All the AC songs fit the stage and its atmosphere perfectly, and you've got a good selection of K.K. Slider's songs as well. The SimCity fits the stage well, surprisingly. However, the list is lacking in other well-known songs like Roost, or Tom Nook's store, so it hurts your importance score a bit.
[/collapse]
[collapse=APC99]
Variety: 8

A great list. Your list covers the whole spectrum of activities you can enjoy in Animal Crossingm], with K.K. Slider's most popular song, the Roost, Working for Tom Nook, and Town Hall. But I had to take off points since there are fewer tracks from New Leaf, as well as the lack of a night-time theme.
[/collapse]
[collapse=BillyTheKidd]

Not bad. The songs are fine choices, such as the City Folk Title Theme and the Sweet Day Medley, but the lack of any songs from New Leaf wasn't a good idea. The style of the Sweet Day Medley doesn't fit the stage too well though, unless it was made in the acoustic style of AC Music.
[/collapse]
[collapse=FirstBlade]
Fit: 9

I liked your choices. Shampoodle, Town Hall & Tom Nook's Store and Two Days Ago are all good choices, and the Title theme from Wild World/City Folk should ideally be on every list. That said, I didn't find Rainy Day to fit the stage that well... and the lack of any songs from New Leaf hurts your score a bit.
[/collapse]
[collapse=ViolenceMan]
Fit: 7

A good list, but it has room for improvement, imo. K.K. Bubblegum seems a bit too quirky for the stage, and 3 PM is a tad too quiet. Downtown works as it happens to be a remix of the WW/CF Title Theme. Gnat Attack also fits, surprisingly. You also included the popular Go! K.K. Rider, so that's good.
[/collapse]
[collapse=BridgesWithTurtles]

Overall, a good list. All songs fit the peaceful atmosphere of the stage pretty well. Morning Aerobics was an unexpected pick, but it was a good pick. I also like that you kept Shampoodle and the WW/CF Title Theme. K.K. House wasn't bad either, though I personally would have kept Go! K.K. Rider.
[/collapse]
[collapse=PixelPasta]
Importance: 10

I loved your list, even if half of it is from Brawl. The Town Medley sounds good, and 4 PM fits the atmosphere of the stage well. Also I like that you brought back Roost and Go! K.K. Rider, and also included the City Folk Title theme.
[/collapse]
[collapse=KingofPhantoms47]
Variety: 7

Another list I liked. Right off the bat, I liked the inclusion of a night-time theme, the Town Medley, Roost, and Go! K.K. Rider. 4 PM fits the stage well, as does Gracie Grace Theme. However, there is an over-abundance of songs from City Folk. While I understand that the stages are supposed to based on the home console games, the music can be more liberal in this regard.
[/collapse]
[collapse=shrooby]

Your list was quite different from the other contestants, but not in a bad way. The songs fit the stage well, and I'm happy that you included at least one song from New Leaf. I also appreciate the effort you put into K.K. Ragtime, though if you ask me, the original version fits the stage just as well. I actually don't mind more past tracks, by the way.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Tailisu10]

A good list which encompasses the whole of Animal Crossing quite well. You have both the title themes, a Town Medley, a night-time theme (though I think it's a bit too quiet) and a K.K. song in Go! K.K. Rider (which is also a fan fovourite.) I don't think K.K. Bubblegum is that good of a choice; it's a bit too quirky imo. The festivale is well... weird. I'm divided on how well it fits, but it's not bad, I guess.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Jumpman84]
Variety: 10

Well, as they say, the best should be saved for the last, heh. Congrats on being the only contestant who got a full 10 in Variety. I honestly can't say I disagree with any of the songs on your list. Mr. Resetti's song doesn't mesh well with the other songs though, I feel, which stopped you from getting 10 in Fit. Oh, and you have my thanks for introducing me to the awesomeness of K.K. Brawl.
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Starphoenix's Grades]
Not much special on the commentary this time.

Mask O'Gears

Popularity: 8/10

Really like the idea for a Night remix.

D-Idara

Popularity: 7/10

Love the Sim City selection. Even if it does sound like it’d fit a Mother stage more, I like it.

APC99

I’m disappointed you did not select the superior 5 P.M. theme…

BillyTheKidd

Did a good job on the list despite the struggle; although it’s worth noting you could have used the Brawl remix of the Animal Crossing: Wild World theme in place of the City Folk theme.

FirstBlade

Kind of dipped more into the Brawl song list, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Violenceman

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with your placement of Gnat Attack 2 on the stage. To me, seems like something much more in line with a Game and Watch stage.

BridgesWithTurtles

Animal Crossing GCN continuing to prove why it had the best hour themes in the entire series.

PixelPasta

I really like the idea of an “Town” medley -- can definitely see something like that happening.

KingofPhantoms47

Fit: 7/10

I feel like I’ve seen a Town medley not but fifteen seconds ago… Though the inclusion on Mr. Resetti’s theme differentiates you from Pasta’s list.

Shrooby

Solid list; first time I’ve seen Harvest Festival.

Tailisu10

Feel like you did a good job balancing between songs that fit both the Town and City.

Jumpman84

Good list. Pretty much the standard fare.

Really didn't feel like too many people separated themselves from each other.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Groose's Grades]
'll be honest--I didn't really put much scoring emphasis at all into the K.K. tracks. Pretty much every one of you did a pretty nice there including some good hits and sleeper pick, so I focused my grading based mostly on the normal track list.

MaskO'Gears

Popularity: 10
Total: 37
Comments: I think you did lean a bit heavily towards New Leaf--remember, this stage is on a console and is based off of City Folk. Additionally, you went a bit heavy on the K.K. stuff--there were only five tracks on non-K.K. nights, and the issue worsens during the day--so I docked a variety point. That said, your K.K. Songs are pretty much the most popular of the bunch, and your the Night Medley was a great way to represent an important part of Animal Crossing. Very solid list, but could have used a bit more variety and more influence from City Folk.

D-idara
Total: 38
Comments: Your "Fit" score was hard--I don't really think Re-Tail should be here when it wasn't even in City Folk, but K.K. House is a perfect fit. I decided to give you a nine, but I couldn't give the perfect score. Sim City was a great choice for variety, and you did well on including a song from nighttime to add importance. I can't place my finger on it, though, but despite including Go K.K. Rider, I just don't feel I can give you a perfect popularity score; something seems missing.

APC99
Fit: 7
Total: 35
One song from New Leaf is good, but two is pushing it for fit; that category also suffers because the songs you chose are better for "Town" than for ""Town and City." That said, I pretty much every song on your list is good for popularity, and you did a great (but not perfect) job of choosing important jobs and keeping your picks varied.

BillyTheKidd
Having the City Folk theme in addition to the required GCN theme is a double-edged sword--it is great for importance, but not so great for variety. The other issue I see is the lack of a very popular song--Go K.K. Rider. That aside, you nailed the rest of the list--Rockabilly is very fitting for life in the city, 2 AM is pretty popular and represents an important part of Animal Crossing (the night), and you kept the list to almost entirely console songs.

FirstBlade
I'm aware they're not the same song, but the City Folk theme and the original theme are just a bit too similar for me to give you perfect variety; it is a massive importance booster, though. You were pretty darn solid in Fit and Popularity, but I do have to nitpick just a bit--you could have used one song that was more upbeat--something with more of a "bustling city" feel. Also, Go K.K. Rider really should be promoted to a full-time song like it was in Brawl--you yourself mentioned the popularity. Still, kudos in particular for Rainy Day (that got me nostalgic more than any track I've heard today and Two Days Ago. Oh, and Stale Cupcakes was great as a K.K. track.

ViolenceMan
Total: 40
K.K. Bubblegum? You chose K.K. Bubblegum? Really? I love it--it actuallyy would sound really good in a fighting game like Smash, and it kind of has that "city bustle" feel to it that a lot of lists are missing. The Downtown and Gnat Attack have a similar effect on me. Also, even with three oddball songs, you still manage to have enough songs that are important to what Animal Crossing is (3 P.M. and The Roost), and you have the mega-popular K.K. Rider. I have no major complaints with your list; I do think you could have used a medley, but you had everything I was looking for without one.

BridgesWithTurtles
As I mentioned to the others who included it, I'm giving you a massive boost to your importance if you include the new Animal Crossing main theme, but I'm slightly docking your variety; it is quite similar to the old main theme, even if they are different compositions. The choice you made that really stands out to me is K.K. House--I think it really captures the city part of "Town and City." Shampoodle is also a pretty great choice for the same reason as K.K. House, and 8 AM is screams the town part of the map and represents an important part of the game. One pick that doesn't do much for me is Morning Aerobics; while I have fond memories of that part of the GCN game, I don't think the song is really important or popular. I'd swap it out for Go K.K. Rider, which is a missed popular track.

PixelPasta
My verdict on the City Folk theme is a massive importance boost and a slight loss of variety. I love your indoor medley, though--in particular, it was great to see the Museum song included in a sensible way. It also boosts importance, as those locations are important places in town. It's great to see Go K.K. Rider back, and 4 PM works well. It would have been nice to see one more song with a more city-like vibe, though--it is "Town and City" and your songs really only fit the town half.

KingofPhantoms47
Total: 40
I disagree with you on one count--I believe the Museum would work well in your medley. While it isn't a very good choice on its own (it's short and repetitive), I think it would make at least a good transitional phase of the medley. I do like Resetti's Theme in the medley--too much of it isn't a good thing, but it adds spice. I definitely agree with GracieGrace (and even more so with your reasoning for it)--give it a bit of a remix, and it should be great to go! K.K. Rider is nearly a must. The main issue I have with your list is having both the night and day version of the city; that would be a major variety decrease if they were both selectable, but it is a great thing if it chooses one based on your Wii U's timer--so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and call it a non-issue. I have nothing to dock points for, even if we do disagree on the Museum bit.

shrooby
Total: 39
K.K. Ragtime is on of the most popular K.K. songs, and I think your mix of it manages to fill the popularity hole left by the removal of Go K.K. Rider, which certainly is no easy feat. All of your songs really fit, too, which is great; also, with your medley, night time theme, and the main theme, you nailed importance. I think variety is impeded a tad by having the City Folk theme, which is similar to the GCN theme.

Tailisu10
Total: 39
Festivale? I like it! It really has that "let's go to the city" feel to it that the stage is all about. The AC title is a slight variety drop in my eyes, but it does boost your importance a lot. I love your medley, I love K.K. Bubblegum (just see my comments to ViolenceMan about that track!), and it's good to see a "time song" from a nighttime hour. Finally, K.K. Rider is great for popularity.

Jumpman84
You included Mr. Resetti's Theme? While I personally love it (and reset just to hear it), I believe I'm in the tiny minority there; I think it certainly is important and adds variety, but it doesn't help your popularity. Also, I'm afraid you did kind of lose me on the Roost Medley; it's a great song, and I'm glad you have it hear, but I see little reason to make a full medley, your comments aside. I've said my piece about the City Folk theme before--big importance increase, slight variety drop. Overall, I'm pleased yet not blown away by your list this round. NOW, SCRAM!
[/collapse]
[collapse=Totals]
MaskO'Gears: 137
D-idara: 141
APC99: 139
BillyTheKidd: 143
FirstBlade: 141
Violenceman: 142
BridgesWithTurtles: 144
PixelPasta: 140
KingofPhantoms47: 139
shrooby: 141
Tailisu10: 142
Jumpman84: 144
[/collapse]

This round ends with a tie between @ BridgesWithTurtles BridgesWithTurtles and @ Jumpman84 Jumpman84 who both scored a total of 144 points! Congrats to both of you!

Or would you like to face off in a...

Just kidding. Anyways, you all have a day or two to mull over the results. Listen to some handheld music in the meantime as the next round will be a 3DS stage.

I'll take my leave now.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
On Ascended's comment: I wouldn't touch 7PM's magnificent glory to make it more 'apt for fighting' :s

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Ah well, maybe next time. I'll definitely have to try to do better next round.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
@ Groose Groose - That gif... XD

Anyway, thank you to all the judges. I'm proud that I got such generous comments...

Since I've never played any AC game. :p

Glad my little Night Remix melody was liked. I wanted to include a few other tracks, and added them in a latter post, but I think it got looked over. :/

LF2K

Floor Diver
Nothing wrong with bronze (or is it silver, because of the tie? :p) Good job, everyone!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So what hasn't been covered for the 3DS stages?

EDIT: Balloon Fight, Find Mii, Jungle Japes, Tomodachi New Life, ETC.

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I.... tied for first place? I actually got first place right alongside the mastery of BridgesWithTurtles?

HUZZAH!

Congrats to my fellow first place winner, BridgesWithTurtles. And to everyone who participated in this round, as well. All of your lists were enjoyable and they introduced me to some tracks I had never heard in the Animal Crossing games.

I would like to thank the judges whom made this possible and for your valuable feedback. Part of the reason that I went with Resetti's Theme was because I wasn't able to come up with an outside series track that I thought would work with Animal Crossing. I remembered once reading a letter in NP about Melee's Resetti trophy, which had mentioned his rant upon resetting the game, and they thought it was referring to resetting Melee. With Brawl introducing Mr. Resetti as an Assist Trophy and his legendary rants, that inspired me to take the next logical conclusion. As for the Roost, I wish I could have explained the idea better or better executed it. I do hope that Sakurai brings the Roost back, though. Maybe he has the same idea I do. :p

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Congrats, Jumpman! 'Bout time you were awarded a win in this contest!

Congrats to Bridges too, of course. Although I'm starting to think I should create a form letter for congratulating your Soundtrack Contest wins.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
So, what happens when you run out of stages not already covered? Are you gonna pack up shop, start over or even just choose hypothetical stages for the game?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So, what happens when you run out of stages not already covered? Are you gonna pack up shop, start over or even just choose hypothetical stages for the game?
Well, this contest was set up around the time SSB4 was announced last year. We only had a small handful of stages then, but obviously over time, more stages were revealed for us to use.

We still have a handful stages to use now, and considering there's E3 in just over a week, we're bound to get more stages to last us til' SSB4's first release day.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Didn't expect to win this round, either. I had some off-the-wall picks. Congrats to @ Jumpman84 Jumpman84 as well. Glad to see it's a tie. Animal Crossing is rife with so much excellent music that there's no way the honors could have gone to just one set of 8 tracks.

I might have to sit this next round out, if I want to preserve the integrity of the Wall of Honor (which needs to be updated, by the way). Well, unless it's Windy Hill. Don't think I could let myself miss that. But I'm pretty sure we're all aware that Windy Hill and Wily's Castle don't actually exist, right? Am I right?

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Didn't expect to win this round, either. I had some off-the-wall picks. Congrats to @ Jumpman84 Jumpman84 as well. Glad to see it's a tie. Animal Crossing is rife with so much excellent music that there's no way the honors could have gone to just one set of 8 tracks.
Thanks. Though we could do Sudden Death like FalKoopa suggested... in which case I would play this epic track...

Now I want K.K. Slider to perform on the Kalos League stage on Saturday nights...

Groose

Smash Champion
I just swung by to ask if anyone has any questions with the grades I gave them. I'd hate for anyone to feel cheated because they don't understand my insane ways of thinking!

I can also announce that I'll be grading the next round as well. We actually just reached a verdict on what that round should be a few minutes ago in the backroom. I'll give you a hint, but I won't make it obvious...
[collapse=Hint Towards Next Round]

[/collapse]
Sudden Death you say?

I'll be frank--I consider Stickerbush Symphony to be the greatest piece of music any video game has ever produced. I've never heard that version before; it literally just made my day.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I just swung by to ask if anyone has any questions with the grades I gave them. I'd hate for anyone to feel cheated because they don't understand my insane ways of thinking!
Mah boi, your grades are what all true warriors strive for. I felt that they were fair and I understand your reasoning for them.

Groose said:
I can also announce that I'll be grading the next round as well. We actually just reached a verdict on what that round should be a few minutes ago in the backroom. I'll give you a hint, but I won't make it obvious...
[collapse=Hint Towards Next Round]

[/collapse]
Ah, so Gerudo Valley, then. :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
After the hint we had.

The first guy still got it...

I'm kinda disappointed.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Just put together my secret weapon for the Boxing Ring. Can't wait for that round. :chuckle:

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations to both @ BridgesWithTurtles BridgesWithTurtles and @ Jumpman84 Jumpman84 .

First and foremost, thanks for taking the time to grade them! But there is just ONE thing I wanted to address: (Obviously, I know grades can't be changed)

@ FalKoopa FalKoopa , both 1 am and Bubblegum KK are New Leaf songs but I was deducted points for lack of a New Leaf song. Was it because they didn't fit?

Also, in general did you guys grade the KK Slider songs? I know Groose said he didn't but there was relatively no comment on them from everybody else. I thought Swampasaur said they were required which is why I'm asking.

EDIT: We haven't seen a pic of Tomodachi since the reveal so this is quite surprising.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Congratulations to both @ BridgesWithTurtles BridgesWithTurtles and @ Jumpman84 Jumpman84 .

First and foremost, thanks for taking the time to grade them! But there is just ONE thing I wanted to address: (Obviously, I know grades can't be changed)

@ FalKoopa FalKoopa , both 1 am and Bubblegum KK are New Leaf songs but I was deducted points for lack of a New Leaf song. Was it because they didn't fit?

Also, in general did you guys grade the KK Slider songs? I know Groose said he didn't but there was relatively no comment on them from everybody else. I thought Swampasaur said they were required which is why I'm asking.

EDIT: We haven't seen a pic of Tomodachi since the reveal so this is quite surprising.
Ah, I'm sorry. That's definitely a mistake on my part.

KK Bubblegum doesn't fit, imo, though 1 am is okay. You'd have gotten a bit more in variety, likely a point more. Again, I'm sorry.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I'm sorry. That's definitely a mistake on my part.

KK Bubblegum doesn't fit, imo, though 1 am is okay. You'd have gotten a bit more in variety, likely a point more. Again, I'm sorry.
It's okay! I was just wondering. And oh yeah @ L LF2K , that stage will be incredibly hard for me. :crazy:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
ROUND FIFTEEN: Rainbow Road (3DS)
UNIVERSE: Super Mario​
GAME OF ORIGIN: Mario Kart 7 (3DS, 2011)

HA! We tricked you!

We never intended to do Tomodachi or Gerudo Valley! :troll: It was a ruse from the start!

This time we're going to cruise through space! Watch out for blue shells!

There are no confirmed tracks this time. Go get them!

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Oh, I forgot to ask: Does having pre-confirmed songs for any stage count towards your list's song count or is it just a thing to have them in the list to look nicer?

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Well, this'll be interesting.

I'm a bit unfamiliar with the 3DS stage rules. Do we only chose 2 songs like in the final game, or do we do things normally?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh, I forgot to ask: Does having pre-confirmed songs for any stage count towards your song count list or is it just a thing to have them in the list lo look nicer?
It does. But no worries! This stage doesn't have any!

Well, this'll be interesting.

I'm a bit unfamiliar with the 3DS stage rules. Do we only chose 2 songs like in the final game, or do we do things normally?
Still choose eight, but select two of those as your "special" picks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

FINALLY! SOMETHING THAT I CAN DO! :grin:

1. Rainbow Road (Mario Kart 7)
I would be surprised if this track wasn't chosen.
2. Mario Circuit (Super Mario Kart / Super Mario 3D World)
I chose the SM3DW version because it sounds nice, but literally any other version can be applied here. It is one of the most famous Mario Kart tracks of all-time and it probably the most well-known.

3. Luigi Raceway (Mario Kart 64 / Mario Kart 8)
I chose the MK8 version but, again, any other version can be applied here. This is yet another iconic song in the Mario Kart series, hence why I chose it.
4. Coconut Mall (Mario Kart Wii)
I chose this track purely because of how recognizable the track is. I mean, it's one of the first tracks from Wii to return in Mario Kart after all, and in 7 no less! I think that it fits in with the whacky style of Smash Bros. and this track.
5. Waluigi Pinball (Mario Kart DS)
Another recognizable song within the franchise and a track that returned in 7.
6. Sky Garden (Mario Kart: Super Circuit / Mario Kart DS)
This track appeared in DS, not 7. However, I think that it fits in with Rainbow Road and the song is so relaxing that it fits in with the setting of Rainbow Road. I chose the DS version as it sounds nicer.
7. Luigi Circuit (Mario Kart: Double Dash!!)
Although this didn't appear in Mario Kart 7, I believe the track is still popular enough to warrant some representation. It's funny how some of the more popular themes are either Rainbow Road or the Circuit themes (or I'm looking in the wrong places).
8. Mario Tennis / Mario Golf (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Sorry Mario Kart 8, you're not getting any love here! I chose this theme to represent the other Mario sports spin-offs.

So, every game besides 8 has representation on my list. I bolded and italicized the ones that I believe will be the two tracks in Smash (Rainbow Road and Mario Circuit).
Sorry if my explanations are crap. I haven't done this in a LONG time! :laugh:

However... if I don't win...

I kid. I kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom