• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

Smudge

Smash Lord
Ahh I remember now, I met you when I travelled up to one of the EM tournaments last year, teamed up with Willz.

And I can't remember saying that, but it definitely sounds like something I would say haha.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
wot ya talkin bout bruv?!

/random xbox live insult

I guess Andy got banned again. or he didn't see my message.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Revive the scene, its not as hard as you think, the fact melee is going strong after like 7 years (?) is insane and its due to many revivals lol. All scenes go through low points and high points, just gotta work on getting it to the high point again :D

I know a lot of the Brawl players have been kinda out of it as going to Germany? So I'm sure the tourney there is on their mind as of now.

Trio3!

Smash Cadet
Lol the scene isnt dead, theres been 3-4 fests/tournies in the past MONTH alone, just the Brawlers dont use SmashUK or this thread. Cept for maybe G.P. Other than him its rare ppl post or use SmashUK.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the scene will be easy enough to revive, bring in past faces or new faces and it can get running again

also, i use that because i want to contact people about confirmation to BZ1, in which no-one replies

auroreon

Smash Ace
I don't know why you all use the term 'revive' since there has never been a UK Brawl scene worth reviving.

The most (real) players we have ever had is easily less than 50.
If we really want to build a bigger community around Brawl in the UK then you have to think big and not be limited by your own mindset about it.

The reason the UK doesn't have a big Brawl scene is simple...
The only real evidence or advertisement of its existence is a board on SWF under 3 sub-boards.
There isn't even any concise summary of what is going on in the scene at the moment, its size, what is planned for future growth or how to be a part of it.

So building a bigger community relies on potential new players to:
Assume that there is a competitive community around Brawl in the UK.
Decide its actually worth it for them to find out about it.
Seek out the competitive smash community.
Find Smashboards or AiB (and if they find AiB, NOT be discouraged by trying to play online or the general atmosphere of the site).
Finally reaching this board.
NOT being discouraged by the Melee dominated (mostly anti-Brawl) UK scene, OR the tiny size of the UK scene, OR the lack of easily accessible information about the UK scene and how to be a part of it.

It is not simple or easy to create a good tournament scene for a game, it is even harder when the developer of the game distances itself from the competitive side of the game as much as it possibly can.
In order to build a strong community would take more organisation, more dedication to Brawl, more working together, more work and (most importantly) more thinking outside the closed box that the UK Brawl community is currently restricted to.

I am of course aware that this will never happen, but hopefully once I have sorted out some other stuff in my life I'll try to help make the UK Brawl scene a thriving and worthwhile one.

Trio3!

Smash Cadet
I have no idea why "Revive" was mentioned lol, it never died, its fine as it is actually.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
It was mentioned as Keith stated it was dead which is not true but if it was reviving it would be the way to go.

I agree with a lot of what Auroreon said but a simple google search will bring you to here, well it did for me =/

Stuff does need to be done, but it is all very doable.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
actually, to find the monthlies i had to click on someone elses aib page to find willz asking the dude to come along, that man haas never been to an offlnie event XD)

but yeah, ive posted on aib, i will try to get a blog recommended featuring said tournament (just asking a mod seems to get it done all teh time)

Trio3!

Smash Cadet
Hmm i just see the most recent 5 pages as +1's, MORE TO COME BECAUSE SOMEONE CANT RESIST REPLYING TO THIS POST REPLYING TO THIS POST REPLYING TO THIS POST REPLYING TO THIS POST REPLYING TO THIS POST.

Plus an infraction for this post.

Ykana

Smash Cadet
So which one of you reported that post then and got Trio3! banned? Dare you say anything? Or you just gonna cower in your room?

Top Bottom