• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Meh, 1st had a couple of favs. Charizard, dragonite and electabuzz. Taken a recent liking to zapdos (frank zappa :p). 2nd just stepped it up in my opinion. I liked 3rd for the number of dragons in it. I had a team of dragons when it came out (mence, flygon, altaria, latios) but those dragons seemed to weaken the idea that dragons had overpowered stats (looking at you altaria), flygon being an exception because of its double type resistance.

Also 3rd gen adding double battles was pro but they seriously sucked against A.I. 1 pokemon each....was piss easy. didnt become any good till colosseum came out

Because 2 was my fav gen ss is my fav game. sound confusing? I'll explain. The extra additions from 4th gen added to the amazingness of 2nd gen just complemented each other. because its a remake, a lot of the pokemon you get are the same as the 2nd gen ones, has a lot of the events from 2nd gen still there (kimono girls changed slightly) but you get the double battles, pokeathalon, safari zone (yay, early larvitar) and other added things. also you can get a lvl1 giratina/palkia/dialga =]
lol, with the amount of depth in that post my brain automatically assumed that it was kj's post XD

yeah, hgss is the best ive played by far out of all of them (although i liked yellow for nostalgia reasons and the fact that id wanted my own pokemon game for years beforehand)
seeing as we're on the subject of pokemon, everyone, name your bro's for each game you had!
yellow: nidoking/mr.mime
ruby: magneton/hariyama
heartgold: magneton/lanturn

I assume you mean favourites of each generation? In which case...

1st Gen: Starmie / Charmeleon
2nd Gen: Pichu / Teddiursa
3rd Gen: Deoxys / Absol
4th Gen: Lucario / Darkrai

2nd Gen was my favourite gen, with my favourite pokemon obviously being Pichu, 1st gen was next in terms of pokemon, then 3rd, then fourth. I can't bring myself to say there were any pokemon I REALLY liked in 4th gen outside of five of them :/.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I assume you mean favourites of each generation? In which case...

1st Gen: Starmie / Charmeleon
2nd Gen: Pichu / Teddiursa
3rd Gen: Deoxys / Absol
4th Gen: Lucario / Darkrai

2nd Gen was my favourite gen, with my favourite pokemon obviously being Pichu, 1st gen was next in terms of pokemon, then 3rd, then fourth. I can't bring myself to say there were any pokemon I REALLY liked in 4th gen outside of five of them :/.
well i meant the pokemon you genuienely had a fake friendship going on with one or two pokemon in your team in one of the games, like magneton is my fave in gen 1, but i never had one in my gen 1 game (looking at it my team was actually incredibly water-weak apart from cloyster)

In that case my list would be exactly the same, because ironically I didn't play with any of those pokemon in my first playthrough.

Bulbapedia is a form of wikipedia correct? Yeah. I don't visit any places to do with the policy of "random users can edit things".

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Ill go in depth and say the pokemon i loved on my first palythrough, followed by the main pokemon i used around endgame (the 'friendship' pokemon)

1st gen: Venusaur/Electabuzz - Dragonite(had 3 of them xD)/Charizard
2nd gen: Meganium/Ampharos - Tyranitar(had 2 lol)/Dragonite
3rd gen: Walrein/Donphan - Tyranitar/Dragonite
4th gen: wasnt any....i kinda hated my team and stopped using everything as soon as i got to pal park - Tyranitar/Dragonite/Frank (gets mentioned cos its the first pokemo I nicknamed in years)

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Maybe this will give me an excuse to play on my DSi again. O_o

edit

so long as I get my Charizard on that game. >_>

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado

Heartstring

Smash Legend
theres so many new options in 5th gen. Seaking with lightning rod is broken xD blaziken with speed boost!
you also have speed boost sharpedo which everyone seems to have overlooked, yeah hes frail but he's also faster than blaziken and has higher atk than either of her two stats. i might start using one for lolz
gliscor is also even more amazing now, with poison heal, he has a 100% accuracy toxic, whcih also enables him to use a 110 base power STAB flying attack with no recoil or bad effects. he needs nerfing XD
however shell smash cloyster is beautiful, one of my bros from gen1 getting a major buff ^.^ also ive noticed that i need an ice attack seeign as dragons rip me to shreds, so a sweeper cloyster will be a much loved addition to my team

Heartstring

Smash Legend
You're going to make a sweeping Cloyster..... Have fun getting wrecked by anything.
have you seen shell smash? its swords dance, nasty plot and rock polish all in one with the small cost of def and spD gonig down one stage, thats a totla of 4 stages increased in one move.
also, with skill link icicle shard is a 125 base STAB ice attack and rock blast is a 125 base rock attack. i would call that pretty good wouldnt you?
yes i requires one turn set up, thats why you bring it in on a physical attacker and give it a few def ev's, and put the rest into speed and atk/spA

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
How much is the Tube/Bus/Various other transport things?

It's my mum's birthday that week so I'm potentially going home at the weekend anyway...but I don't know what's going on so I can't confirm

Finishing a 10 would be a bit of a bugger for me considering thats the time of the last train but I'm thinking about this one
well it will finish around 9 so it should be ok, what train stops at 10 anyway?

transport will vary depending on where your coming from.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
The only good stat that cloyster has is def, everything else is below average

That thing couldnt sweep the floor
its atk is 95, the spA is 85. with ev's (mainly in atk) and a +2 boost to each and a guaranteed 125 base move, thats pretty good

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Frank? wut.

Also, Vaporeon is the greatest pokemon who ever lived. been on EVERY single team I've had since gen 1. Forever my bro.

<3 you Vappy :)

Cloyster with Shell smash sounds good in theory, but its just like delly drummers, he just gets ***** as soon as he sets up. srsly just look at that rock turtle thingy in 5th gen... now THATS broken. If you dont have a grass move ready to deploy the INSTANT you see him... he's gonna sweep your ***.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
lol i call this particular pokemon frank, in reference to Frank Zappa. If that doesnt give away what pokemon it is then theres something wrong with you xD

vaporeon can gtfo, Dnite has been on all of my teams ever since i completed my pokedex in gen1. It was the last pokemon i got to fill it and ive always had one ever since =] 2nd fav pokemon right there son

its atk is 95, the spA is 85.
............... Just take a look at the stats of a sweeper, then come back to me. Clearly movepools mean nothing to you either.

Anyway. Yeah. Cloyster is also part ICE type. Do you understand just what kind of cripple that is to a pokemon? Have you seen the fighting types running around since 4th gen? Practically every pokemon in OU spits on Ice types.

Everybody who doesn't understand why Cloyster is a bad pokemon and will ALWAYS be bad regardless of what ability he gets needs to leave now.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
............... Just take a look at the stats of a sweeper, then come back to me. Clearly movepools mean nothing to you either.

Anyway. Yeah. Cloyster is also part ICE type. Do you understand just what kind of cripple that is to a pokemon? Have you seen the fighting types running around since 4th gen? Practically every pokemon in OU spits on Ice types.

Everybody who doesn't understand why Cloyster is a bad pokemon and will ALWAYS be bad regardless of what ability he gets needs to leave now.
he clearly meant that after shell break the attack stats become sweeper-level very quickly.

Ice type is as bad as grass type these days tbh.

Cloyster is bad. his spDef sucks monkey ballsack.

he clearly meant that after shell break the attack stats become sweeper-level very quickly.
That's why I highlighted it's BASE stats. No ability will help Cloyster. If a pokemon is part Ice, it just can't be good. Weavile gets away with it because it has blistering speed, somethign which in an aggressive game like Diamond deserves special mention. Imagine what would happen if I skill swapped Cloyster.

Ice type is as bad as grass type these days tbh.
It's not grass types being bad, it's their movepools.

Cloyster is bad. his spDef sucks monkey ballsack.
True. Also note his typing. That's VITAL to him being awful.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Electivire sucks rake. just admit it!
Haha shlurps, I'll bet you 50 quids Frank Zappa is a zapdos, not an e-vire =]
well i remember having a massive discussion about zapdos and i remembered that he used electivire so i went pot luck :p
well i actually use both of them as it happens

Before i say which one frank is i wanna say this

SHLURP WTF! Evire with moves like Ice punch, Thunder Punch, Brick Break, EQ is broken. That gives it a super effective hit against something like 13/14 types with 1 weakness. Now i admit, ground is a bad weakness with almost everything packing EQ but with decent speed and a very high attack (base 120/130?) it can 1hko a lot of what you throw at it.

You know what, for making me type that I wont say which one frank is. Jimmy knows and one of you guys is right so discuss :p

B.Mack

Smash Ace
seriously, Evire sucks so much. He's just a gimmick for switchingg in on an electric move, and even then, he gets ***** pretty easily.

you suck at life MTR.

seriously, Evire sucks so much. He's just a gimmick for switchingg in on an electric move, and even then, he gets ***** pretty easily.
less07.

Anyway, EVire is a pokemon that can only do one job and that's to sweep. If it's speed was just a little higher it could run a nice set, but it's obvious to what it will do even if it does manage to get a boost or if it's scarfed. Basically, you'll always know how to counter Evire, it's just if you have the pokes to actually COUNTER it. EVire is a good pokemon, there's no denying it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yes cloysters typing sucks. i agree. im just using it because smogon***s rage at the site of it.
also, give e-vire a balloon. and he has no weaknesses. something choiced into a ground move is forced to switch. giving either a free hit or a free setup. might want to consider using that.

as for ice types. why no mamoswine mention?

Because Mamoswine is mediocre. Ground/Ice is seriously not the best mix around. What exactly are you gaining from having that split?

Mamoswine can do quite a few things, but at the end of the day, other pokemon just do the jobs so much better.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Because Mamoswine is mediocre. Ground/Ice is seriously not the best mix around. What exactly are you gaining from having that split?

Mamoswine can do quite a few things, but at the end of the day, other pokemon just do the jobs so much better.
rarely resisted stab combo. plus its attack is 130. good physical sweeper with neutrality to sr

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Ice is like the worst typing ever, especially for part-water types.

Cloyster will only ever be good again once skarmory has a sudden attack of amnesia and forgets how to lay spikes+stealth rock and half the sweepers in the game get neutered.

Top Bottom