• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
no-one loves link
for some reason, i feel like picking up dedede as a secondary...ill get back to you when i figure out why, because i suck with him XD

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I picked up D3 for a while, just because he's kinda fun (note: different) to use.

grab dthrow grab dthrow grab dthrow grab dthrow grab pummel pummel pummel fthrow crouch

I think technically he's still my secondary ... either him or wario. it's a good idea anyway because you learn how he plays, thus learn how to counter better :p

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i might just learn him because i learnt how to jcus out of the chaingrab, which is a nice reliable way of killing a lot of characters

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I actually need to really learn the olimar matchup.

I've played against an olimar once, and that was against dopl at the last tourney I was at ... needless to say I got obliterated v_v

C.M.X

Smash Apprentice
I actually need to really learn the olimar matchup.

I've played against an olimar once, and that was against dopl at the last tourney I was at ... needless to say I got obliterated v_v
You can do it K.Mac, come train with me and Calz again, get the old crew back on track lololol. Good times good times, YENITHS!!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i personally feel i can deal with olimar, despite it being a scoop phase MU for ike XD
also, that peach texture, i NEED it

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Andy I'll actually play with you guys again after like may 21st ish, because I'm free then untill like 1st of October :)

K.Mac

Smash Lord
You can do it K.Mac, come train with me and Calz again, get the old crew back on track lololol. Good times good times, YENITHS!!
It's just the simple case I need to just practice against olimar and learn what I have to do lol.

I generally know what I'm supposed to be doing against most other characters ... tbf I could do with as much practice with the diddy matchup as well. xD effing banana locks.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I haven't played tamoo since he embarrassed my wario at j03's place... lol.

(or at least I think it was him who hosted that tourney at his house ... where me and you did doubles xD)

C.M.X

Smash Apprentice
So yeah, i just got a cheap Xbox 360 from my uncle for £40, i wanna pick up another fighter like BlazBlue or Marvel vs Capcom 3, which should i go for and why? Ohh i might also play a shooter as well.

cong

Smash Journeyman
MVC3, Only cause I reckon is got a bigger player base.
Might aswell get SSF4 AE when it comes out tho, MK9 just come out too(i wouldnt get that tho).

Heartstring

Smash Legend
suddenly, cong. man you should keep in touch more, should have come to blastzone XD
also, mvc3 because were all playing it

C.M.X

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but the thing is, i wanna play a game and become really good at it, i dont wanna play it at scrub level like the UK smash scene (no tournies).

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Does this mean whenever I go over to andys, I can play Blur?

;r

and yeah ... I'd go with MVC3 or street fighter - as for shooters ... well, it's either call of duty or halo reach, isn't it? I'm not really into shooters though which is why I don't really play halo; I just stick to Blur. lol.

C.M.X

Smash Apprentice
Silence, i could get good at BlazBlue if i wanted, but im gonna go with MVC3 for my fighter and COD for my shooter.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
You're probably going to need better wireless reception in your house too.

Unless you want xbox live cutting out every 5 minutes >_>

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Say the same for brawl in regards to the smash series lol? That comment isn't going anywhere, people will always find a game fun etc etc etc its all good.

Cod and MvC3 are def what you should play if you to for tourneys like you said andy.

The Filth

Smash Lord
Well yeah actually, I have and do say that about brawl (or smash in general), that being why i don't play them anymore =]

If you want a more constructive post Andy, I'll fill you in on every reason to not choose that game as a fighter for you in smashUk or some****. If you want to take up a competitive fighter I'd probably wait for the re-release of SF3 with online. Blazblue is a pretty good choice too, but not my kind of thing.

In unrelated news, nice to see our moderators are impartial and above petty disputes such as the whole "brawl vs. melee" and all that gubbins. I'm happy things have moved on =]

B.Mack

Smash Ace
yes it is lol
:(

I was bored.

this is AWESOME. I half expected not to be in there. what with not playing competitive brawl and all... good **** CMX. I'm on MTR's desktop forever now >:D

for some reason, i feel like picking up dedede as a secondary...
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU (Wario's undisputed WORST matchup)

I think technically he's still my secondary ... either him or wario.
my Meta vs ur Wario?

In unrelated news, nice to see our moderators are impartial and above petty disputes such as the whole "brawl vs. melee" and all that gubbins. I'm happy things have moved on =]
totally agree with this. Also, 3rd strike is getting re-released?! OH ****! *parries hadoukens*

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i wouldnt need dedede to beat your wario ^.^ *enter beef here*
yeah, i wouldnt actually pick him up for tournament, just for lulz

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
So yeah, i just got a cheap Xbox 360 from my uncle for £40, i wanna pick up another fighter like BlazBlue or Marvel vs Capcom 3, which should i go for and why? Ohh i might also play a shooter as well.
Play Melty Blood ^________^

Reason: it's badass.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
WTF is it with my desktop? Lol I havnt had a laptop for 2 months, I've been on iPod constantly.

Also bmac, wanna name another wario main in uk? :p as someone said before (andy?) uk has a lot of mains, like the only consistant players who have the same mains are dopl and pafos, that's it, it's bewildering if anything.

:phone:

C.M.X

Smash Apprentice
Lol the reason i said MTR's laptop is because ages ago, i made a diff UK one, which had a laod of the old players like Mako and shiz, and when i went to a London event sometime back, he had it on his deskptop, and i was like wtf why you got that there its hella old lol, and he said it was cool, so i made ur laptop a new one, but unfortunatly its brokeback now, so yeah.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
i wouldnt need dedede to beat your wario ^.^ *enter beef here*
yeah, i wouldnt actually pick him up for tournament, just for lulz
it's not so much that you'd need him to beat my Wario, it's just a really frustrating matchup. like Sheik vs Fox. ftilt = die

Also bmac, wanna name another wario main in uk? :p as someone said before (andy?) uk has a lot of mains, like the only consistant players who have the same mains are dopl and pafos, that's it, it's bewildering if anything.
I didnt understand this post. at all.

Keith is more or less a Wario main since he uses him about as much as he uses Falco now.

C.M.X

Smash Apprentice
I found GP's post to B.Mack pretty cocky actually, now i think about it, but also its abit of friendly banter, so im for both sides.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Yeah but B.Mack, let's put it this way:

I've played Keef's Falco - I don't think I've ever gotten a stock off of it except in doubles (lol me and xatm092 vs keef and fuzzy - almost took them out! O_O)

I've played Keef's Wario - I've beaten it

In other words: His Falco is INFINITELY better than his Wario. Also you can't just simply shake off the pigeon jokes that easily :troll:
jk jk Kasper. :)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, peoples secondaries never seem to even be close to their mains, i mean...
cloud fox-cant beat it when he srs
clouds mk-seem to go almost even with it despite it being a much tougher matchup

misfire's luigi-not even worth trying
misfire's r.o.b-pretty close

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Yeah but B.Mack, let's put it this way:

I've played Keef's Falco - I don't think I've ever gotten a stock off of it except in doubles (lol me and xatm092 vs keef and fuzzy - almost took them out! O_O)

I've played Keef's Wario - I've beaten it

In other words: His Falco is INFINITELY better than his Wario. Also you can't just simply shake off the pigeon jokes that easily :troll:
jk jk Kasper. :)
wait havent you clocked that ive never played srs against you? EVER?!? no offense

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Oh yea andy when I get my new laptop I'll be using that as a background for sure.

Bmac, you can't have 2 mains, keiths main is falco, I didn't see him use wario at the tourney. Even if he did wouldn't be his main.
How do you not understand it? Uk players don't main the same characters. Name another marth, name another meta, name another luigi. You might find 1 or 2 like harlex (think he uses marth) but most of uk uses different characters

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, you can have two mains, like i do, ike and r.o.b, but i wont ver be using them both the exact same amount, i jsut use the one of the two which i feel like using, and of recent times that has been ike

Top Bottom