• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Boards Podcast #2: Brawl Rumor Mill, Smashing Online, and Evo South

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Today Scav and I discuss the Baby Bowser/Wind Waker Link/Ridley rumor debacle, the ramifications of Brawl’s use of friend codes, and some interesting developments in the tournament community.

A couple notes: you may notice some strange breaks of silence between the chatter. This is because of the way we handled noise removal, so it may sound completely dead for a half second or so when neither one of us is talking. Don’t worry about it.

Also, we neglected to mention that we’re looking for a good permanent name for the podcast. Maybe it’s as simple as “Smash Boards Podcast,” or maybe we should change it to the Smash World SmashCast or something like that. Feel free to leave comments, send us an e-mail, or even give us a call (206-888-2767) with your ideas.

For now you can download the podcast as an MP3 to your computer or portable music player, listen using the player below, or subscribe to our podcast feed. We’re still working on it, though, so we can’t guarantee that the address won’t change in the future–but we’ll keep you posted.

Feed URL: <a href="http://smashbrawl.com/?feed=podcast">http://smashbrawl.com/?feed=podcast</a>

Show notes and links come after the break:

<!--more-->Show Notes/Links:
<a href="http://smashbrawl.com/2007/03/05/baby-bowser-cel-link-ridley-rumor-2-the-revenge/">1up Brawl Rumor</a>
<a href="http://smashbrawl.com/2007/03/13/wii-goes-online-with-gamespy/">Wii Online Plans</a>
<a href="http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=99121">Evo South Results</a> (please don’t talk about Wobbling in this topic)
<a href="http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=98988">A National Circuit</a>
<a href="http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=96324">SMYM 7</a>
<a href="http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95213">INNsomnia V</a>
<a href="http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=94499">Smasher’s Reunion 2</a>
<a href="http://smashwiki.com" title="SmashWiki">SmashWiki</a>

Wiki tags: if you want to link to a page on SmashWiki on the boards, you can do it like this:

[wiki]Wavedash[/wiki]

or:

[wiki=Wavedash]How to wavedash[/wiki]

Either one will work.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I lol’d at the Mic disclaimer.

lol at Scav trying to explain wobbling.

Good job, guys. Your podcast voices are actually getting better.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Great job this episode guys, +1 for Scav being louder, and +1 for clearing up rumors on characters, online play, and (lol) the pronunciation of Mic’s name! I also picked up on the siren near Kirby King at around 25:15. How about as suggestions for next time, you recount on the types of characters that are likely to appear in Brawl (like no generics and such) and in terms of Melee and tournaments, not focus so much on the American scene in Smash. I know it is the most competitive area, but some other places need their time to shine too you know :p

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Nah, it was right, you just made it sound a lot harder than it really is. Good job though. It doesn’t hurt to make the listener lol.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Another good podcast, can’t wait for th next one with whatever mysterious guest you are interviewing.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wobbling is named after Wobbles, not the other way around. The name came up shortly after NCT2, a large tourney in NorCal that Wobbles attending with some AZ people. He infinited his way to a 9th? place finish out of 120+, and shortly thereafter Pac West players started calling it “the Wobbles.” We took that term to MLG Vegas, and from there it took the community by storm :).

L

Lava

Awesome job once again guys. As for the title, let’s see…

In order from least to most wanted, these are my picks.

3. Smash World Podcast (or Smashcast)
2. Super Smashcast
1. Smashcast

Eh, yeah, just stick with Smashcast. Sounds good enough, but I think you should come up with a little short slogan, that also sort of stands as a “creed.”

Something to remind everyone for all of time that it exists BY the community, FOR the community. I like how it currently has that strong vibe, and I don’t want you guys to lose the semi-planned/semi-candid feel. I’m sure you guys will continue to polish it, but don’t worry about making it too much of a production. Just honest opinions and news is fine by me. (All the extra stuff like interviews is definitely welcome too, don’t get me wrong.)

Sorry, I had an idea, but it escapes me, unless you wanna do something like “By Smashers, for Smashers.” Just a good note to sign off with. Or if you hate that idea, do something else. Peace guys.

-Lava

(Oh, and on a side note. Is there any chance of the regional circuit tournaments being held on like Sundays… or any day other than Saturday? Friday nights and Saturdays are bad for me cause I’m an Adventist. (I don’t Smash on Fri. night-Saturday.)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
As in Mickey Mouse? thanks for the clarification…but Micky Mouse? How 1980’s.

SpendusWorks

Smash Rookie
You mentioned not having negative feedback…ok, I’ll add some criticism.

The show’s good, but it’s missing something…zazz! It feels like it should be a little more upbeat. Monotonous voices get old after a while. Maybe consider adding music in the background? Smash music maybe? That’d be neat.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
You’re absolutely right. At the top of my list is “add inflection to voice.” We’re not exactly Ventrilo/Teamspeak level, but there’s a lot we could add.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
If you guys really want to get into it, practice your diction. A voice with exaggerated diction sounds a lot more professional, even though it might sound ******** as you’re recording it.

As for a name, it doesn’t really HAVE to have the word ‘cast’ in it anywhere. You can think of a ******** newspaper-type name, like ‘The Smash World Biweekly’ or something. Whatever you name it, people aren’t going to be confused about what it is due to context in blog posts.

D

darkshy

How about ” Super Smashcast” ? I just thought of it nad I’m trying to be helpful.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
Another great podcast! Very interesting and what not.

Hehe, Wobbles was the first person I fought at the first Smash tournament (NCT2) I went to… I was like “WTH is this technique, is it even tournament legal!?”… yeah, I was completely confused. I was also frustrated in the fact that I had waited around 8 hours to finally play and then I got Wobbled. Oh well, I suppose it has helped me to realize how much grabs pwn stuff.

Can’t wait for the next podcast! These are great for passing time on waiting for Brawl ^_^

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wobbling is so devastating because you DON’T have to desynch. Even a nub like me could do it.

Anyway, you know, there’s like… that’s a great job, you know?

^ My Impression of KiKi

Rocky

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
ROCK#450
I was wondering if there was a possibility you guys could make videos also. For example, Diggnation is a great video podcast.

L

lilko

PLAY SUPERSMASHFLASH AT WWW.AGAME.COM IF U STILL CANT WAIT FOR SSBB ACTION TO COME OUT JUNE 15

L

lilko

ay all i know is……I CANT WAIT FOR SUPER SMASH BRAWL TO
COME OUT!!!!!!!!

U

UnknownKoreanSuspect

Great job guys. I was listening to it when i worked out (lol). It kept me busy made time fly. You guys should start talking about more character specific stuff. Like for every podcast do something on a specific character and have someone interviewed who is a respectable player about it. Some other things you could discuss are stages, recent top players (changes in rank, position). Again you guys were great, if you could though make Scav’s voice a little higher. Some random idea id like to throw out is what if you had some SSBB Ghost guy? I remember when i listened to Half-life Radio they had this Ghost guy who tried to figure out as much as he can about HL2 and he and funny stuff like accidently walking in on Gabe Newell showering while trying to figure out release dates. The ghost guy had a really nasally/braces voice and it was hilarious. Another suggestion is just to talk about some general things, anything from funny/odd news such as this one http://www.femlive.com/2007/01/03/fat-woman-stuck-in-cave-traps-23-others/
,technology. and maybe even what happens in YOUR daily life. Anything to make it LONGER PLSSSSSSSS LOL!!! 111oneone!

L

lil_ko

that podcast had scavs voice maaannn itt was a little(I SAID LITTLE)lame but ssbb is comin out june 15 and

is goin to be on Wii&amp;gamecube or just Wii

U

UnknownKoreanSuspect

Brawl will come out AFTER PBR, and either before or after Metroid. Brawl = Wii only

B

Branden

I am very intrested in brawl and speculations as to what charactors will be in brawl. With that said, I think it would be cool if you guys would shed your opinons on what charactors should be in brawl and why. SONIC, WOLF, ECT.

Sweet show guys keep up the great work!
~ Your Fan Brando

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
silentwolf is from washington.

good job guys! I dont think Ill call you this week though.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Hey it would be great to know your personal picks to Brawl, and who you think should be cut. Also I don’t know why, but I would like this alot more if one of you had attitude. :)

R

Rocks

Good job man. I sat here and listened to the whole thing again. Next one, I think you should cover some other regions like Japan. Here in Hawaii, we don’t know much about the mainland things, so yeah, share some stuff about whatever. Keep up the good work.

falcojr

Smash Rookie
i think next time you should include something about ethier the roster or how you could use th everybody votes channel on your wii to change brawl by suggesting a brawl question a lot of people know about it if you advertise it it will help what people want to be in brawl

Top Bottom