• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Boarders Unite!

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
how is this elitism? all i want to do is let other smashboards players know if they are playing eachother online >.>

Nuvia

Smash Ace
how is this elitism? all i want to do is let other smashboards players know if they are playing eachother online >.>
o rly?

Koskinator said:
Win for the sake of Smashboards. It is our duty as Smashboardians do dominate the online competition. Dont let yourself be owned by a noob.
I think I'm missing something.

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
I am not entirely sure how this qualifies as elitism, on second thought I don't even think I know what elitism is.

If elitism is anything like competitive players then I think I would have to say that I am a "non-elitist".

Hang on my class is starting up again: "Internet Slang for Dummies"
Hello, Master Yoda.

2+2=13? At least I am getting closer, I think?

Nuvia

Smash Ace
I am not entirely sure how this qualifies as elitism, on second thought I don't even think I know what elitism is.

If elitism is anything like competitive players then I think I would have to say that I am a "non-elitist".
Dictionary.com said:
e·lit·ism

The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
There ya go.

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
@ Nuvia-

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Now then my next question is how do I report posts like lolsmashboards's?

@ lolsmashboards-

Hey, I am nowhere Tourney star star star! I can't even concider myself a tourny. I am sort of too nervous to go to a tournament. I mean I have seen how good Tourney's play, so I would really like to see how a Tourney star star star plays. That must mean their skill level is like an A+++!

JKing!

Truce

Smash Cadet
Wait, why only do it on your first match? Why not just every Wifi match to identify yourself to any other SWF users ever?

If this could become entirely indoctrinated as unspoken code of SWF, it'd be the coolest.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I pity those who had to see those images...thanks for reporting.

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
Thank god no Smashboarders of actual importance have shown support for this ***********, it's only the underground newb crowd.

Miles-v

Smash Rookie
You know, I never hated tourney goers. Infact, I thought it was neat to see them play.
While everyone else complained about you guys, I never payed any mind. I always said "So what? Let them play it competitively."

But this?
What the **** is this ****?

I want to play smash online, but now I can because you idiots are taking it as your own "NO N00BZ ALLOWED LOL"

I knew you guys would try pulling off something stupid like this.
What is the point of this besides going "I'm better than you".

Really why?

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
dude, its not that at all, all we are trying to do is let other smashboarders on wifi know that they are playing smashboarders, thats it. Its not like crouching at the beginning of a match gives us extra power

Fandangox

Smash Lord
You know, I never hated tourney goers. Infact, I thought it was neat to see them play.
While everyone else complained about you guys, I never payed any mind. I always said "So what? Let them play it competitively."

But this?
What the **** is this ****?

I want to play smash online, but now I can because you idiots are taking it as your own "NO N00BZ ALLOWED LOL"

I knew your guys would try pulling off something stupid like this.
What is the point of this besides going "I'm better than you".

Really why?
Maybe I'm mistaking, but... ist this only to know that you are battling some one of the SWF? people may have a misunderstanding, but this is not a "NO NOOBS ALLOWED" is just to know who (in a way) are you battling.

EDIT: "Win for the sake of Smashboards. It is our duty as Smashboardians do dominate the online competition. Dont let yourself be owned by a noob." Oh I forgot about this comment, that's why everyone is arguing... still I will do it for fun.

200 post... yay?

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
dude, its not that at all, all we are trying to do is let other smashboarders on wifi know that they are playing smashboarders, thats it. Its not like crouching at the beginning of a match gives us extra power
It is our duty as Smashboardians do dominate the online competition. Dont let yourself be owned by a noob. You may ask, How can I let people know that i'm a Smashboardian and i mean business?
The left side of your mouth doesn't agree with what the right side of your mouth is saying.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
if you actually read the thread, it isnt even like that. Thats the first post, read the thread then you will see what it has turned into. All it is is an inside joke of smashboarders letting eachother know that they are playing one another.

Miles-v

Smash Rookie
if you actually read the thread, it isnt even like that. Thats the first post, read the thread then you will see what it has turned into. All it is is an inside joke of smashboarders letting eachother know that they are playing one another.
Well then I apologize, but my blind rage had to be vented.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
just imagine when you are playing a game and all 4 players crouch twice at the beginning, you know you are playing your smashboard buddies ^_^

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
"Buddies" is such a strong word. I prefer "People I tolerate though they constantly send me into a low boiling rage". But hey, "Buddies" works if you want to type less!

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
@ Miles-v-

First off, welcome to the Smash Boards and second I agree with you with the Competitive Players. They are totally awesome. There skill is so incredible. Probably the biggest reason I am nervous to go to a tournament. That's cool though, I enjoy beeing a casual player.

@ Terrorcon Blot-

The second part of Koskinator quote you have up there is just a joke. I know that it doesn't seem like it, but if you really want to read all the posts so far most of us are just joking. The main and whole purpose of this is just to see if we are battling people from Smash Boards. Everything else in between has just been nonsensical motivational stuff. I mean come on don't you feel motivated?

EDIT: Darn, I have got to stop posting my sig everytime I post something.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
You have one more croucher signing in for the duty! *salutes* I´ll do my best to make Boards broud and if I fall in battle, I fall for the Boards!*salutes again*

P.S. I hope you understand that I´m joking, right? But I´m still gonna crouch!

Spaghettifire

Smash Rookie
As much as I find this interesting, you're basically saying that we must teach every grade schooler how badly they suck at a video game. Now I feel bad.

Top Bottom