• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Actually as someone who plays Marth alot, that last hint kinda sucked. No offense Panda it's hard to do without making them too obvious.
Ya, it was too easy as a Marth main, because even though people were arguing against it, most Marth mainers knew it right off the bat. Good quote. I'm glad Marth was finally done!

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Why would I go crazy on the SBR?

Do you mean to say I would write a massive essay about Marth?

No need for such things now that the metagame is settling down and there is less to discuss.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
^^^^^^ I bet you feel silly now.

^_^

But seriously your posts concerning the hint gave me much lulz.

Thank you for that.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I think I called Marth, and said that ZSS was a pretty dumb thought there. But hey, what does it matter?

I love the backroom warning thing on the front now xD

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I thought it was Marth because everyone's pick not named Marth didn't really make that much sense, lol.

I <3 Marth but I question his use without a counterpick.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
^^^^^^ I bet you feel silly now.

^_^

But seriously your posts concerning the hint gave me much lulz.

Thank you for that.
I never said it wasn't Marth. I was wondering why people were shrugging off ZSS as a potential candidate. And TBH as soon as you started posting I knew it was Marth. Don't be so obvious next time.

And I still don't understand how Dancing Blade is an unusual combo.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey Panda, the Update still has #16 as ????? (The hint says Marth but above that it is still the ? marks.)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Dude that was all part of my tricksies. Not mentioning Marth, but being the most recognizable Marth main on SWF and posting in this thread.

lol.

Anyway, Marth's grab release stuff are the unusual combos they were referring too.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
>_>

Ummmmmm, you overestimate me.

I assure you nothing like that happened at all.

Well, I guess...it kinda DID happen, but it wasn't...errrrr.

Screw it. Yeah, it was pretty much like that.

But not how you would expect, I can promise you that.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Dude that was all part of my tricksies. Not mentioning Marth, but being the most recognizable Marth main on SWF and posting in this thread.

lol.

Anyway, Marth's grab release stuff are the unusual combos they were referring too.
... Grab release? GRAB RELEASE?!!?!!?
GRAB RELEASE IS UNUSUAL?!?!?
GRAB RELEASE IS A LOAD OF HORSE **** IS WHAT IT IS!!!

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Well, I was right about the character. I don't understand the weird moves part though. I really dislike this post though. It doesn't really tell something about Marth's qualities or problems. Only a few general points are mentioned. I think this week's post was worthless.

Browny

Smash Hater
sigh @ people who dont click the actual discussion thread relevant to the character (HINT HINT)

Also, this weeks is Lucario. Just coz every other week someone says its him... so why wouldnt this week be any different!

Equus

Smash Cadet
Weird. When the hint was up I was absolutely sure it WASN'T Marth. Like Popertop said, I don't think "Marth" when I see "unusual combos" in the hint. That and for some reason I thought the bulk of Marth's attacks weren't THAT punishable.

Anyway, I'll heed djbrowny's advice and check the Marth boards.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wait, peopel are reading the synopsis to learn about the character? That's like reading the back of a book without opening it.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
^^^^^^^ Best post EVAR!!!!

And I mean really...the Marth boards are a wealth of info. One of the most knowledgeable and organized of all the character boards.

You can go there and find out anything you wanna know about Marth.

Combos, basic strats to advanced strats, match-ups, how to deal with projectiles, etc.

But you want to read a paragraph to learn about Marth?

Really?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hint for 17 is up. I'm not sure if this one will be as "obvious" as the last one was... I just hope its more of a challenge.

Making a good hint is more difficult than it seems. Especially as this continues and the character count goes down while more people start to understand the way I think :/

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
This one sounds a lot like yoshi. A lot of people think yoshis are utter trash, when in reality, they can be a strong force. they have a pretty steep learning curve. I believe i heard that yoshi might ba able to counter mk. The tilts and smash of yoshi are pretty strong with decent range, but some of them have a large landing lag. no yoshi can do without those eggs and ground pound.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
This one sounds a lot like yoshi. A lot of people think yoshis are utter trash, when in reality, they can be a strong force. they have a pretty steep learning curve. I believe i heard that yoshi might ba able to counter mk. The tilts and smash of yoshi are pretty strong with decent range, but some of them have a large landing lag. no yoshi can do without those eggs and ground pound.
I'm definitely going to have to go with Yoshi on this one as well.

As for Jigglypuff, well, I don't really see edge-guarding as being a problem with her. Multi-jump and rising pound ftw.

Top Bottom