• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash and Coffee 2: The Return of Smash and Coffee - Winona Lake, IN - Aug. 1+2

Overswarm

is laughing at you
pre-registering probably won't go too well if you're looking for all of 'em to do so... smashers are lazy. I'd do it though ^_^

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
My costs before everyone walks in on friday are over $400.

edit: and that's not the final cost. I don't pay the venue until after the event, and there's more food to buy that I can't pick up until Friday night.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Updated the first post to include venue fee.

The venue fee is going to be $20. This includes 2 meals and a place to sleep.

Did i mention one of the meals is a HOG ROAST? (you always capitalize HOG ROAST, by the way.)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Definitely works for me. I like the idea of an event being a bit higher class than others every now and then ^_^

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I should also note that if you are not eating, and not staying the night, then your venue fee is only $5 instead.

But come on...15 more bucks and you get HOG ROAST and A PLACE TO SLEEP and BREAKFAST made by my wife.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm in Phoenix visiting family until late friday night, so I might not be quick to get back to you with information. OS, Kel, Kyari, and some other people are familiar with my venue/rules/style if you need questions answered, so if I don't get back to you, trust what those guys say.

It's like a billion degrees here. I'm-onna die...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The venue is a building with a good amount of space.

The TV/Wii amount depends on how many people show, but SaC has always had more than enough.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Um..so...I just looked for a midwest/Indiana tournament, and it turns out that this one is in Winona Lake, on Wooster Road.

RIGHT next to the road I live on! It's late now, but I'll look into it later :)

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
At the last one, we had I think 10 TV's, but that was relying heavily on people to bring whatever setups they could. I can only supply 2-4 of them.

I only own 1 wii, so I will need people to bring theirs as well. It's a good idea to put a "hi my name is..." sticker on your wii with your name on it so it doesn't get mixed up with anyone else's.

Asdioh, that's sweet that you're in the neighborhood! I hope you can make it!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I just thought I'd let you all know that the location for this tournament is like less than a 5-minute walk from my house. I also drove into the parking lot on my way home from work, and there were like 3 deer laying down there. Again, just so you know.

Count me in for the singles on Saturday. Doubles on Friday MAYBE, though I don't know if I want a HOG ROAST, and I have very little experience with team battolz. I also might have to work 5 (yes AM) to 10am on Saturday, so if I don't have time to shower, expect me to possibly be a little sweaty and smelly >.>

Also, this will be my first tourney, except for that online one where I lost to Snake twice in a row in the prelim matches, so yeah.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I added you to the list, Asdioh.

We've got just 1 week until SaC2, ya'll. If your name isn't already down on the confirmed list, please finalize your plans and let me know soon, so I know how many to expect for sleeping arrangements and food and whatnot. My wife and I are preparing some of the food ahead of time, and it would suck to over/under-estimate by a large margin and not have enough or have way too much.

If you're listed as "and crew", can you let me know who you are, so I can have an accurate list?

Thanks ya'll.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Looking forward to this!

Accepting 90% of all MMs!

Also, since this is a 2 day event, yes Lain, I will play MTG with you.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll bring some MtG as well, although my cards are old school and I don't know all the new rules/effects.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
MtG $2 tournament winner take all? We could prolly do a round robin :D

It'd be a risky thing since we wouldn't be going crazy about the rules or anything, but good ol' 60 card deck minimum, 20 life best 2/3 would be fun. Me, my lil bro, Dastrn, and Lain would be at least 4 ^_^

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
pshhhhh nerds!

It took me a minute to realize what MtG stood for.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I wanna come! I think I will. I loved this venue.

I'll bring some MtG stuff, too... I don't have much, just one deck really.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think I'm teaming with izmo but i haven't heard from him in a while. If he isn't coming, I'll play with you tink.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
So you are going to this after all, eh Tink?

If Iggy decides against going due to the $20 dollar venue fee, I'll team with ya. I'm pretty sure he will come though. All depends on if we get through our rut in teams. I don't think either of us wants to pay $20 and not win some of it back.

DethSmasher

Smash Cadet
omg, awesome, i have like 5 MtG decks, all formats. i got extended, type 1, and a kinds type 2, its mostly llorwyn block, no shadow moor. ill bring mine, im [pretty confident in all my decks, but i also havent played in a while, but im in :)

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
you should beat his ***!

you could just pick up a premade deck from walmart for like $10 that will **** anything I bring from back in 4th edition/ice age/mirage.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'll bring extra decks (and some easy to use ones for beginners) for anyone that wants to play. I'm not too paranoid about damage to cards or anything, so it isn't a big deal :p

DethSmasher

Smash Cadet
are there going to be friendlys after the doubles tournament? how late will they continue if there are? j/w

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm guessing doubles will go pretty late. There's always a chance we'll finish doubles in the morning if it gets way too late, but I think we'll have enough time to finish them by 11:30 or so. There's no reason why friendlies can't continue for a while after that.

I didn't have time to organize the newb tourney for saturday morning, so I decided we can do a side tourney instead. I want to do a FFA tourney with a $1 entry fee just for fun. You guys like the idea?

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
I think I would enjoy $1 Random character FFA a lot better. Lets throw some shenanigans in there. That or a $1 Random side tourney. No FFA.

For time constraints, I guess a 1$ Random character FFA would be faster.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OR.... we could do the Bowser Challenge and see who wins that XD

But yeah, something goofy would be fun.

Anthonysmash

Smash Apprentice
MtG $2 tournament winner take all? We could prolly do a round robin :D

It'd be a risky thing since we wouldn't be going crazy about the rules or anything, but good ol' 60 card deck minimum, 20 life best 2/3 would be fun. Me, my lil bro, Dastrn, and Lain would be at least 4 ^_^
that would be amazing...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Everyone bring MtG decks... if you don't have one and want to play I'll prolly let you use one of mine (I'll pick for you, so be warned) and we'll maybe be able to get something going Friday night or Saturday morning.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm thinking some of you guys should bring Wiis...I'm probably going to bring my tv, but not my wii.

I still dunno if I'll play doubles, and I'm not spending the night, considering that my house is right down the road, so yeah. Hopefully I don't work Saturday.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Me and a buddy did a DK ditto match one time where all that was allowed was forward-B and neutral-B. Something like that could be fun.

Random factoid: Did you know that DK can spike another DK with his headbutt?

Probably what we'll do is a $1 FFA tourney with random characters.

Top Bottom