• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash and Coffee 2: The Return of Smash and Coffee - Winona Lake, IN - Aug. 1+2

infernohit

Smash Cadet
Your $20 venue fee not only covers 2 meals (dinner friday and breakfast saturday) but also gives you a spot on our beautifully carpeted floors! I've got room for about 40 people in the main sleeping area. Anyone after that will need to either camp out (TONS of camping space available, bring your own tent) or find other sleeping arrangements.

If you are not sleeping over, the venue fee is only $10. If you don't want to eat my food or sleep on the property, you only pay $5. I've managed to not charge any venue fee for my first two events, but my wife refuses to keep letting me shell out so much money to cover the venue costs!
Are you offering blankets/pillows? If not, I might just call dibs on a spot in BigC's tent.

Confirmed attendance list:

26. inferno_hit

*cringes*

Please fix that.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is anyone going to record matches? I'm thinking of bringing my (parents) digital camera...it's mostly used for pictures, but it has some decent video taking ability, so if anybody would be kind enough to record a couple of my matches, that would be nice : )
one of two people usually record their own matches, but you should definitely bring your recording stuff.

Are you offering blankets/pillows? If not, I might just call dibs on a spot in BigC's tent.

Confirmed attendance list:

26. inferno_hit

*cringes*

Please fix that.

yes, i keep a stockpile of around 40 pillows for just such an occasion.
(sarcasm)

No, I regret that I cannot supply blankets and pillows for everyone. You will discover, however, that traveling a few hours with a pillow and blanket in your car will make the ride much more enjoyable.

That, and a few White Stripes CDs.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thie white stripes cds are for throwing at other cars, right?
This is a classy smash tournament. We need some anti-classy music to balance things out.

Did I mention, there's going to be a dress code? This is a black tie event.

(how fun would that be sometime? I vote that the MW shows up at national tourneys in suits just to throw people off.)

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh I think I'm looking for a partner for 2s as well. I was gonna team with Izmo but it looks like he isn't going to make it to this one.

Anyone decent looking for a partner? I main G&W. I could use a heavy or a metaknight (I love teaming with metas) but I'm probably open to whatever, if you are halfway good.

lain

Smash Master
Question:

do you know how much money the top 3 (or any of them at least) won for both singles and doubles at the first SaC?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
1st place last time was like $212.
2nd $106
3rd ...like...$40 or something.

teams was about the same, only split it two ways.

lain, I'll team with you if you need someone. what's your main?

BIG C

Smash Master
rofl if i find the poles for my tent and get enough money to enter an event the LRG1 will also be looking for a 2s buddy.

coincidentally if I don't find the poles for my huge tent I won't be here

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
rofl if i find the poles for my tent and get enough money to enter an event the LRG1 will also be looking for a 2s buddy.

coincidentally if I don't find the poles for my huge tent I won't be here
no johns

especially about not being able to find your pole...

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hmm... I might be able to make it to this. If I go, I'll need me a teammate. You got one yet Overswarm?

Vayseth

Smash Master
If MI can go, I don't want to have to owe anybody some money so if people wouldn't mind buying off of me some of the stuff I'm selling so I can go, that'd be AWESOME.

Stuff I have to sell:

Real Arcade Pro PS2 Arcade stick with working USB PS2-PC two controller adapter
Resident Evil 2 for the PS1
Soul Caliber 2 for the PS2
Tekken 5 for the PS2
Rumble Roses for the PS2
Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection for the PSP
Wii USB Lan Adapter (makes wifi MUCH faster!)
Nyko charge station (complete with 2 batteries and 2 battery covers)
Wii Classic Controller

That might be about all I have right now. I'll sell any of the games for $10 each (except for T5:DR, which I'd like $20), Charge station for $20, adapter for $15, Classic for $15, and for my stick I'd want around $75 for the adapter and stick both. All prices are negotiable but, I need about $60 so I can definitely make this. Otherwise, I have to borrow money to go and if Lain can barely get money for himself, I might not be able to go. If I can't go, MI doesn't have at least 4 people, meaning no one from MI can go. PLEASE buy my stuff and let us come? =) I have more than this at home and listings in other places but this is all I have available to me right now. I'll hopefully have more at the MI circuit event.

If you want pics or have any questions, PM me or hit me up on AIM at PacManVay. No sense flooding this thread with that stuff.

BTW, we have class until 3 on Friday, which means we might not be able to leave until 3:30 (if we go). Since Tink said already he's gonna be late, that would make our group showing up at the same time. If we can go, can you just delay it for both of us? =)

Oh, for those wondering: I'm moving to Japan next year, so I'm selling a ton of my stuff before I go. All of it is in perfect working order and barely used, however, when I have to pack everything I own into 2 50 lbs suitcases, you realize real quick how much random stuff you have that you do not need. So, that's why.

lain

Smash Master
So MI is definitely coming, BUT we can't leave here until 3 because SamuraiPanda has a UofM class from 1-3, but he MIGHT be able to get out early he said.

DastrnMarco, would you be okay with this?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah. I'll probably start pool play without you and just add you in when you get there. Worst case scenario is you have to forfeit a couple of pool play matches so we can start brackets, but I'm thinking we'll have time to catch you up since dinner is in there as well.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Apparently, Tink is going to be late too. So I don't think it's that big of problem.

Since Tink is late. I'm technically late too. Even though I'll probably be there right when the venue opens. lol

Vayseth

Smash Master
Vayseth I'll cover your venue fee if you give me that Classic Controller.
Sold sir!

Yeah, MI is def coming (w/ 4-5) but we have to wait to see if Panda can go or not. If he can't... we'll be there around 4. If he can, we'll be there roughly 6:30. The selling idea has been working out but... I would like to sell a bit more so I can actually ENTER this tournament I'm driving to XD If I get 2 or 3 more things sold, I'd be super happy.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Oh I think I'm looking for a partner for 2s as well. I was gonna team with Izmo but it looks like he isn't going to make it to this one.

Anyone decent looking for a partner? I main G&W. I could use a heavy or a metaknight (I love teaming with metas) but I'm probably open to whatever, if you are halfway good.
I play Kirby...close enough to Meta Knight, right? I'm a good player, but I have very little experience with teams :/

Edit: I'm starting to get nervous now...sounds like there will be quite a few people >_>
This is my first tourney so go easy on me :p

I'd also like to restate the fact that I live right down the street, HA! I'll spend very little on gas...I'm only bringing my car because carrying a Tv down a fairly busy road would be kind of stupid.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just post here with a confirmation that you will be there late, and who your partner is/ team name, and i'll add you in the pools.

Here's my cell phone number for anyone traveling that might need it to figure out the route.

Just say "this is "real name". i'm "fake name" on the boards."

also, navigating winona lake will be a little tricky because there has been construction on the main way to the venue for like 6 months.

When mapquest tells you to take 250E, you can't. that road is closed. If you are coming from the East (through fort wayne), you will come into warsaw and pass 250E instead of turning there. Go through a few more lights until you can turn on Center Street. I'm not sure there is a sign calling it that, but you will see a Ruby Tuesday, Golden Corral, and Bob Evans on your right, and an Applebees on your left. You will turn RIGHT there(this is center street).

Go up through 1 traffic light and turn LEFT at your next light. This is Argonne Road.
Go down the hill, under the train tracks and turn LEFT at the traffic light. This is Winona Avenue.
Go to the first stop sign, and turn LEFT. This is Wooster Road. You will be driving past/through Grace College.
Go about a mile up, past the college, and you will see a black sign on the RIGHT side of the road, noting the venue. It's called New Horizon. We're up on the hill. You can park anywhere that looks remotely like a parking area. The large building on the left side of the property is where we're setting up TV's and whatnot. The first small building on the right side of the property is where you will be sleeping. If you are camping, the best place to set up is past the 2nd building on the right. There's a firepit area over there. We can probably figure out a way to do a bonfire friday night if ya'll want.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
So, turns out my whole car bailed. So it is just me. $20 dollar venue fee was too steep for all the jobless people. Take off Mr. Moo, his entire crew, and Iggy. : (

Dastrn? Maybe some smashing before the tourney? I don't know what you have going on, but I could get there early definately.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, turns out my whole car bailed. So it is just me. $20 dollar venue fee was too steep for all the jobless people. Take of Mr. Moo, his entire crew, and Iggy. : (

Dastrn? Maybe some smashing before the tourney? I don't know what you have going on, but I could get there early definately.

:( boo.

Um, I'm not going to show up to the venue until about 4pm, so if you want to show up then, we could definitely play a little. I'm working in the morning, though.

You should convince that crowd to all show up just on Saturday for singles. Venue fee in that case is just $5.

BIG C

Smash Master
FFA Pew Pew Lasers tournament where each round is a different randomly drawn character's pew pew laser's

rules: only specified b moves can be used to hit someone and spot dodge
If any other move is used to kill with it's a restart of the match and DQ for the person who killed with a banned move.
No sheild

stamina mode, varying HP depending on character
stages: Pew Pew Lasers only

Fox, Falco, and Wolf: laser, 1 HP
Snake: Grenades, C4,Cypher,mines, 20HP
ROB: Laser,Gyro,20 HP
Pit: arrows,10HP

thats all i got for right now the blood hawk and I are workin on it will edit post later

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
So, turns out my whole car bailed. So it is just me. $20 dollar venue fee was too steep for all the jobless people. Take off Mr. Moo, his entire crew, and Iggy. : (

wow didn't realize it was 20 dollars but hog roast and breakfast.. sounds good to me!

also pew pew lasers tournament sounds like fun. XD i've seen a match on youtube.. it was funny.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
How much of a venue fee would I pay if I only intended to enter doubles, but probably hang around on singles, and sleep in Big C's tent <_<.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Just post here with a confirmation that you will be there late, and who your partner is/ team name, and i'll add you in the pools.

Here's my cell phone number for anyone traveling that might need it to figure out the route.

Just say "this is "real name". i'm "fake name" on the boards."

also, navigating winona lake will be a little tricky because there has been construction on the main way to the venue for like 6 months.

When mapquest tells you to take 250E, you can't. that road is closed. If you are coming from the East (through fort wayne), you will come into warsaw and pass 250E instead of turning there. Go through a few more lights until you can turn on Center Street. I'm not sure there is a sign calling it that, but you will see a Ruby Tuesday, Golden Corral, and Bob Evans on your right, and an Applebees on your left. You will turn RIGHT there(this is center street).

Go up through 1 traffic light and turn LEFT at your next light. This is Argonne Road.
Go down the hill, under the train tracks and turn LEFT at the traffic light. This is Winona Avenue.
Go to the first stop sign, and turn LEFT. This is Wooster Road. You will be driving past/through Grace College.
Go about a mile up, past the college, and you will see a black sign on the RIGHT side of the road, noting the venue. It's called New Horizon. We're up on the hill. You can park anywhere that looks remotely like a parking area. The large building on the left side of the property is where we're setting up TV's and whatnot. The first small building on the right side of the property is where you will be sleeping. If you are camping, the best place to set up is past the 2nd building on the right. There's a firepit area over there. We can probably figure out a way to do a bonfire friday night if ya'll want.
There is another way that's easier. If you're driving west on 30, before you reach 250 east, a little before 250 is a detour sign. Take a left onto that road, then take a right after you pass the train tracks and reach the stop sign. Just keep going straight from there. Eventually you will pass the road construction, and then you are on Wooster road, and just keep driving for about a minute and New Horizon will be on your left.

If you're heading east on 30 though, Dastrns way is easier.

nojoes

Smash Ace
I'm bringing a car full of 5 including myself vidjo 1der 4% and my brother on saturday morning so everyone should come for singles and it'll be good ****, hopefully a 30+ turnout if blood hawk gets his car to head down for saturday.

nojoes

Smash Ace
kirk+1 are coming for singles only too =).
rofl, this'll be bigger than MSOP =P

cleveland michigan cincy illinois indiana, looks like this is going to have the majority of the best players of the midwest as far as the east side goes.

Top Bottom